Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evil Dead (2013)

Bracket

Mia, a young woman struggling with sobriety, heads to a remote cabin with her brother and a group of friends, where the discovery of a Book of the Dead leads to danger and horror.

Starring: Jane Levy, Shiloh Fernandez, Lou Taylor Pucci, Elizabeth Blackmore

Release Date: April 12, 2013

Check out the trailer (Warning: This trailer is unrated and contains strong violence)

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceBXUyuv4Q0[/media]

• Like 1

Awesome! Where's Bruce? Lol

No Bruce, no Ash. He is producing, though.

Edited by Bracket

I have no hope for this remake.

Really? I'm excited for it. Bruce Campbell, Sam Raimi, and Rob Tapert, the creators of the original are producing it and I hear they are very pleased with it.

• Like 1

I found Drag me to Hell to be disappointing so I don't holds much hope for Sam Raimi films these days. As a self proclaimed film buff I will watch out however

drag me to hell was tragic.. evil dead is a cult classic, that i grew up watching.. it might be good?? i always prefer the original, even if its kinda tacky..

drag me to hell was tragic.. evil dead is a cult classic, that i grew up watching.. it might be good?? i always prefer the original, even if its kinda tacky..

Have you ever watched the original with the directors commentary? One of the best commentaries I've ever watched. It's full of Bruce, Sam, and Rob saying "... Who was that guy, again?"

Edited by Bracket

@bracket... nope.. will try and check it out..

You know you can press the "Quote" button, right? :tu:

Is this a remake of the original? a further episode? or some semi Matrix weirdness like "The Cabin in the Woods"?

Is this a remake of the original? a further episode? or some semi Matrix weirdness like "The Cabin in the Woods"?

It's a remake. But, I get the feeling that it will be revealed to be a prequel to the original at the end.

It's a remake. But, I get the feeling that it will be revealed to be a prequel to the original at the end.

So, the "Prometheus" of the Evil Dead :)

Anyway, let's hope it's good enough to get banned :devil:

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri

So, the "Prometheus" of the Evil Dead :)

Anyway, let's hope it's good enough to get banned :devil:

Well, Prometheus was always known to be a prequel to Alien. I just get the feeling that they are billing this as a remake while the end of the movie will have Ash and his friends drive up to the cabin. There's two problems with that, though. The Necronomicon doesn't have a face on it, and the bridge to the cabin seems to collapse in this movie.

Another bad remake prequel whatever. The original Evil Dead was quite straight-faced and scary back in the day especially since it was made on an estimated shoestring budget of $375,000.

This was made on a $14,000,000 budget and looks like crap.

Sorry, the Chin has left his memorable mark in cinema with these movies and set the benchmark quite high.

It appears to be a remake of the first,with aspects of the second incorporated .

It appears to be a remake of the first,with aspects of the second incorporated .

I noticed that with the self-mutilation and chainsaw. In fact, the trailer teaser exposes too much self-mutilation. That was sooo weak!

That's one reason I love the psychological horror and power of suggestion of yesteryears classic to these mindless plotless horrors of today.

Another bad remake prequel whatever. The original Evil Dead was quite straight-faced and scary back in the day especially since it was made on an estimated shoestring budget of $375,000.

This was made on a $14,000,000 budget and looks like crap.

Sorry, the Chin has left his memorable mark in cinema with these movies and set the benchmark quite high.

That's kinda jumping the gun, don't you think? Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, and Rob Tabert are producers and had say in the writing process. Bruce Campbell has said he thinks this one is even better than the original.

Yeah, I know. I'm a huge fan of the original trilogy. But, there's a few little things that just kinda make it look like a prequel, like the introduction to the Necronomicon and the fact that it's all new characters. Do I think it's a prequel? No. I just think it would be pretty cool to see that happen, though.

That's kinda jumping the gun, don't you think? Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, and Rob Tabert are producers and had say in the writing process. Bruce Campbell has said he thinks this one is even better than the original.

Bruce Campbell is being modest. It has anted up the gore and gratuity. In fact, the remake strongly resembles just another zombie flick in the woods (only its demon possession). Is it going to scare me and make me hold my breathe in suspense? I seriously doubt it, I believe it is going to just open up both barrels worth of gross-outs.

I believe I am going to walk out of that theatre... "... wow, um, Oh-kay, more teenagers in peril."