Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Jungle (2013)

MysteryMike

It looks like Andrew Traucki is working on a new movie that will be coming out in 2013. Are any of you guys looking forward to it? I've already seen his last two movies. So this one should be interesting. Here's the poster, plot summary and link.

jungle_poster.jpg

The Jungle tells the story of an Australian leopard conservationist who ventures into the remote Indonesian jungle with his documentary filmmaker brother to investigate reported sightings of an endangered species of leopard. Their trek into the jungle becomes ever more bizarre and sinister - with the realization they are being stalked by a deadly unseen predator.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/58362/andrew-traucki-ready-send-out-welcome-jungle

What about you guys? What do you think?

I have seen both of this director's earlier efforts, Black Water is quite an underrated little film IMO and used real live crocodiles. The Reef was meh.

This could be interesting. Hard to say, it could turn out to be quite unoriginal with cheesy results. Anybody know whether it is a genuine animal or a cryptid or a creature of the imagination?

I have seen both of this director's earlier efforts, Black Water is quite an underrated little film IMO and used real live crocodiles. The Reef was meh.

This could be interesting. Hard to say, it could turn out to be quite unoriginal with cheesy results. Anybody know whether it is a genuine animal or a cryptid or a creature of the imagination?

Well if you look at the creature's eye very closely. It looks very ape look. So this could be some kind of primate or bigfoot like creature.

Well if you look at the creature's eye very closely. It looks very ape look. So this could be some kind of primate or bigfoot like creature.

True. But the poster may be deceiving and using plenty of creative license to promote the film. It could also pass as an alien or a cryptid sauropod too.

True. But the poster may be deceiving and using plenty of creative license to promote the film. It could also pass as an alien or a cryptid sauropod too.

Got a point there. An alien that's possible, but I doubt a Sauropod. They don't hunt Humans.

Blah, it will be so boring if it's just an animal that's haunting them ..

I don't know... "The Ghost and The Darkness" was about two lions that hunted and killed over 120 people (true story) and it was pretty danged good (IMO)...

• Like 1

Got a point there. An alien that's possible, but I doubt a Sauropod. They don't hunt Humans.

Well, I was thinking something along the lines of mokele-mbembe with a taste for human flesh. Its Hollywood afterall.

Well, I was thinking something along the lines of mokele-mbembe with a taste for human flesh. Its Hollywood afterall.

The movies that Andrew Traucki has made is actually not hollywood at all. It's Australian made.

The movies that Andrew Traucki has made is actually not hollywood at all. It's Australian made.

Correction, its a movie afterall. :P

Correction, its a movie afterall. :P

Still it isn't made by hollywood anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I just rewatched The Reef this morning. Animal attack movies and its tropes like these do little to educate the public about white sharks. Yes, it is a scare flick, but I guess this director has devoted himself to animal attack movies basing them off a real stories. My point is his movies do little justice to the animals and the public prejudices especially this one with the white shark portrayed as a stalking Terminator whose sole existance revolved around stalking and killing several human beings stranded in the ocean one by one.

The Reef is shamelessly Black Water reworked into a shark attack movie.

Edited by Ambush Bug

The trailer has lowered my expectations even further. This director is a one trick pony.

At least it isnt about recreationalist stranded in the wild being killed one by one by the indigeneous wildlife like his two previous efforts.