Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who do non-Americans want for US President?

Likely Guy

I'm a Canadian and I'd vote for Obama.

The reason why is because the current economic malaise that the US is in, happened in the economic meltdown a few months before Obama was elected.

To expect him to have rectified that mess in four years is unreasonable.

Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to regulate their banking system. That may eventually happen under an Obama administration. That will never, ever happen under a Romney administration.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

I'd be hapy for a president who doesn't start a war and expect Australia to get involved as well, one who can manage the American economy well enough to not **** up the Australian economy and who isn't an openly blithering idiot.

• Like 3

I'd be hapy for a president who doesn't start a war and expect Australia to get involved as well, one who can manage the American economy well enough to not **** up the Australian economy and who isn't an openly blithering idiot.

Not sure who you'd vote for though.

LMFAO........

I hate the way the system works, you cna only vote for a select few who are all rubbish. You don't truly have any big effect on the goverment.

• Like 1

LMFAO........

I hate the way the system works, you cna only vote for a select few who are all rubbish. You don't truly have any big effect on the goverment.

Again, I'm not sure who you'd vote for.

Im from New Zealand and I'd vote for the green candidate Jill Stein if I were a Yank.

Obama and Romney are just as bad as each other..

The system over there is corrupt and crooked and imo thios election is going to be a farse anyway..

• Like 5

The system over there is corrupt and crooked and imo this election is going to be a farse anyway..

How so?

I'm a Canadian and I'd vote for Obama.

The reason why is because the current economic malaise that the US is in, happened in the economic meltdown a few months before Obama was elected.

To expect him to have rectified that mess in four years is unreasonable.

Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to regulate their banking system. That may eventually happen under an Obama administration. That will never, ever happen under a Romney administration.

Hmmmm.... you do realize that the banks were deregulated under Bill Clinton(D)?

I'd write Ron Paul's name in as an activist vote. Both Romney and Obama couldn't lead me across the street without asking for advice first.

• Like 1

The system over there is corrupt and crooked and imo thios election is going to be a farse anyway..

It's corrupt everywhere. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

ive said it in another thread, that i would vote Obummer, but not because i think he is great.. he is sell out.. change, my ass.. but he has to be mildly better than Mitt..

Ron Paul was the only smart choice..

Edited by with bells on

Hmmmm.... you do realize that the banks were deregulated under Bill Clinton(D)?

I'd write Ron Paul's name in as an activist vote. Both Romney and Obama couldn't lead me across the street without asking for advice first.

Bill Clinton doesn't mean squat. That's ancient history. Everything after that, okay. That's your vote. You're in the 'other' camp.

Edited by Likely Guy

So far, if Ron Paul was running, non-Americans would choose him for their president.

But he's not.

• Like 1

I think most non-Americans have a limited and superficial understanding of our history and our values, and therefore make superficial and uninformed judgements regarding what we do to protect what is most important to us.

Bill Clinton doesn't mean squat. That's ancient history. Everything after that, okay. That's your vote. You're in the 'other' camp.

Thanks Guy, I'll happily take 'other' over the Coke and Pepsi paradigm.... best of luck with that.

Edited by acidhead

I think most non-Americans have a limited and superficial understanding of our history and our values, and therefore make superficial and uninformed judgements regarding what we do to protect what is most important to us.

thats not completely true.. what most people's beef is with your government is that we get dragged into these stupid wars.. and most countries are interested and educated in international affairs and politics, so we get as much of yours on our tv's as we do our own..

LMFAO........

Cool Video. I saw the other day that the percentage of US citizens living under the Poverty Line has not changed by even a fraction of a percentage point since 2008. People keep claiming things are better and that Obama is due to accolades, but who exactly is better off? The Poor (No change), the Middle Class (No Change) or the Rich (Richer?). Why do the poor and the minorities and anyone with a brain think to vote for this guy? He's done next to nothing for them in 2012 practical terms. Savings 4, 8, or 20 years down the Road? How does that help starving Joe now? Why does Joe keep voting for this guy? The only reason I see is that Obama pulls out the Celebrity Factor everywhere he goes. People love celebrites and take their uneducated opinons WAY to seriously then they deserve.

• Like 2

As an English girl I don't know much about US politics, nor am I that interested. However given a choice based on the little I know, I would choose Obama over Mitt the Twit, as Obama is not a religious nut and seems like a good guy.

Obama. Admittedly, I have been known to be a terrible judge of character though. It's purely based on that video leak of Romney's. I don't know enough about both sides.

You mean invade and Bomb? Yes, i'm afraid other countries do tend to look askance at that.

• Like 3

i would vote for obama. no reason in particular i just really like the guy. and president romney just dont sound right.

Edited by serial slasher

You mean invade and Bomb? Yes, i'm afraid other countries do tend to look askance at that.

that's unfair, they also ask others to help them invade and bomb.

As an English girl I don't know much about US politics, nor am I that interested. However given a choice based on the little I know, I would choose Obama over Mitt the Twit, as Obama is not a religious nut and seems like a good guy.

it's ironic that in certain circles of the Republican party, that's one of the things that people hold against him: that he's not an ovetly Bible bashing God fearing Biblical literalist, so obviously he must be a Muslim .... :no:

• Like 1

in related news:

Obama leads at 'nearly foolproof' vote in iconic Paris bar

PARIS - President Barack Obama is leading against challenger Mitt Romney in a straw poll at Harry's Bar, an iconic Paris watering hole which has held a vote ahead of US elections since 1924 and only got the results wrong twice.

The birthplace of the Bloody Mary and the haunt of the likes of Ernest Hemingway and Francis Scott Fitzgerald, Harry's New York Bar -- a small corner of Manhattan in the heart of Paris -- is the best election soothsayer, its owner said.

"We are the most dependable opinion poll," said Isabelle MacElhone with a wink, speaking of the more that 100-year-old institution.

The only two failed results were the 1976 election won by Jimmy Carter and George W. Bush's 2004 victory.

Read more

I might not know who non-Americans want, but it seems evident who Americans not in the USA want.

My vote would go on Ron Paul.

He's not perfect but as I've said before he's a Man surrounded by Demons. metaphorical of course)

He understands what the US needs in terms of Military action, the truth about the Middle East and has better ideas to fix the econemy. I don't un derstand why the US public doesn't vote for him, he'd stop the impending war on Iran and pull all the troops home.

Cool Video. I saw the other day that the percentage of US citizens living under the Poverty Line has not changed by even a fraction of a percentage point since 2008. People keep claiming things are better and that Obama is due to accolades, but who exactly is better off? The Poor (No change), the Middle Class (No Change) or the Rich (Richer?). Why do the poor and the minorities and anyone with a brain think to vote for this guy? He's done next to nothing for them in 2012 practical terms. Savings 4, 8, or 20 years down the Road? How does that help starving Joe now? Why does Joe keep voting for this guy? The only reason I see is that Obama pulls out the Celebrity Factor everywhere he goes. People love celebrites and take their uneducated opinons WAY to seriously then they deserve.

Very well said and completely agree. :tu:

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1