Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What will be left of our cities?

Still Waters

Part one -

From our cities, to our farms, to our rubbish, humans have firmly stamped their mark across the planet. In part one of a two-part feature, Andrew Luck-Baker, from the BBC's Radio Science Unit, explores the legacy our civilisation will leave in the rocks of the future.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-20154030

Part Two -

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-20154031

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doug1029

• Insaniac

• Little Fish

• Ashotep

Popular Days

Interesting read thanks for posting, reminds me of a documentary i once saw ill post an IMDB link to said documentary for any who have further interest in this topic

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1173907/

Life After People 2008

that was a good series if a little boring at times, it seems the legacy of humans will last a few thousand years. not much of an achievement.

Earth has a way of healing itself once the virus is gone.

• Like 1

Earth has a way of healing itself once the virus is gone.

no, that's the body you are thinking of.

planets don't get viruses, they don't get sick and they don't heal, unless you "drop some acid".

planets don't get viruses, they don't get sick and they don't heal, unless you "drop some acid".

But ecosystems do malfunction, sometimes in ways from which they cannot recover.

Ever hear of ecophysiology? Ecosystems function very much like a body, complete with respiration and everything. Might be a good chance to learn something about a very ineteresting field. BTW: that carbon budget that proves human causes of global warming is part of this topic. If you want, I can dig up some references so you can get started.

Doug

Nothing will be left, because this global culture of deceit wasn't ment to be.

The Earth should be a natural planet. Not a planet made of stone and metal. I'm thankful things are heating up now, with Mother Nature destroying cities and locations the world over. Finally we can get back to living the correct way.

Should archeologists of the future come along and investigate our existance then there will be plenty of evidence that we existed. They will find us in anamalous sedimentation layers, they will find us through our climate change signature in the ice cores, they will find us through our mineral extraction activities throughout the places where they would expect to find intact mineral deposits.

I personally don't want us to disappear, I just want us to behave in such a way that we can survive indefinately and not destroy the other organisms and life support mechanisms we rely on. It is a infantile stage of our evolution which believes that we can conduct ourselves in irresponsible ways without facing consequences. I peronally want to see mankind grow out of its childhood phase and into a mature adulthood. I believe that if we aopproach technological innovation in a mature thoughtful way (not based purely on profit motives) we can develop ways of living which are both better and more enjoyable than what we have now with the prospect of many generations of the future been able to enjoy them as well.

Br Cornelius

that was a good series if a little boring at times, it seems the legacy of humans will last a few thousand years. not much of an achievement.

Is this the same??

AFTERMATH : Population Zero

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkMXhKj0D4w&feature=watch-vrec[/media]

Hmmm.... it looks like it.

Edited by Abramelin