Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO: the truth may not be out there after all

Still Waters

For decades, they have been scanning the skies for signs of alien activity.

But having failed to establish any evidence for the existence of extraterrestrial life, Britain’s UFO watchers are reaching the conclusion that the truth might not be out there after all.

Enthusiasts admit that a continued failure to provide proof and a decline in the number of “flying saucer” sightings suggests that aliens do not exist after all and could mean the end of “Ufology” – the study of UFOs – within the next decade.

http://www.telegraph...-after-all.html

For decades, they have been scanning the skies for signs of alien activity.

But having failed to establish any evidence for the existence of extraterrestrial life, Britain’s UFO watchers are reaching the conclusion that the truth might not be out there after all.

Enthusiasts admit that a continued failure to provide proof and a decline in the number of “flying saucer” sightings suggests that aliens do not exist after all and could mean the end of “Ufology” – the study of UFOs – within the next decade.

http://www.telegraph...-after-all.html

Oh, don't talk drivel. Honestly, because people on one small planet don't think that they have (to their satisfaction) found "Proof", they've concluded that suggests that aliens do not exist after all? How's that for leaping to conclusions from completely inadequate data?

And is there really a decline in the number of “flying saucer” sightings?

• Like 5

With the introduction of the internet there has been a huge increase in the number of clubs, associations, organisations etc, related to the ET hypothesis for explaining UFO's. This appears to have generated an increase in TV shows related to it as well. Add into that the hype regarding 2012. There were a lot of newbies brought in due to the increase in interest. Events such as the Disclosure Project have brought the subject into mainstream news. Simple CGI techniques and the advent or cool toys like quadrotors have led to a huge increase in pranksters pulling off hoaxes.

I think what's happening is that now that many people have seen all there is to offer, they are losing interest and dropping out.

The die-hards will stick around. I've been at it over 3 decades now and I'm not going away.

This news article is just spin-doctoring exactly what I'm saying here.

• Like 4

While I don't think UFOlogy is going anywhere any time soon I do agree with this bit here:

Mr Wood added: “When you go to UFO conferences it is mainly people going over these old cases, rather than bringing new ones to the fore.

“There is a trend where a large proportion of UFO studies are tending towards conspiracy theories, which I don’t think is particularly helpful.”

Edited by Slave2Fate
  • Like 2

While I don't think UFOlogy is going anywhere any time soon I do agree with this bit here:

Yes, and these also seem to be the more prevalent among discussions here as well. With today's easy accessibility to footage, photographs, and information it is getting more and more difficult to spin modern sightings with quite the same level of mystery as older cases carried.

Yes, and these also seem to be the more prevalent among discussions here as well. With today's easy accessibility to footage, photographs, and information it is getting more and more difficult to spin modern sightings with quite the same level of mystery as older cases carried.

If something like Roswell happened today, with pictures able to be spread across the internet in minutes, I don't think it would be possible at all to cover something like that up even if the government tried. And while absence of evidence doesn't equal evidence of absence, it still equals absence of evidence.

Oh, don't talk drivel. Honestly, because people on one small planet don't think that they have (to their satisfaction) found "Proof", they've concluded that suggests that aliens do not exist after all? How's that for leaping to conclusions from completely inadequate data?

And is there really a decline in the number of “flying saucer” sightings?

I agree with this comment, NUFF SAID

I see ! Now we are reverse thinking the problem,we need to just Keep looking up ! Sooner or Later,One way or the other there gonna getzya You know the drill ! :tu:

Thats true i too am waiting for something to happen but to no avail. What if the roswell thing was really a weather balloon? Have also read about so many alien incidences but with no proof. Whether they r hiding the truth or not we never know. Anyway am still waiting...

I believe they are real, but i would like a major event to happen that is tangible evidence as well, the videos on internet are very good if you can weed out the fake stuff, some videos are incredible!!!

Get realistic . If the media says there`s nothing out there then obviously we are wasting our time .

Let the simple minded unbelievers carry on,until an Alien kicks their butt,there are too many positive sightings by responsible people to deny existence of Alien life.So the sightings have dropped off,maybe because Aliens want that to happen.And we know (unless you're as thick as pig ****)that the media tell untruths and cover up items,for their own twisted reasons.WAIT AND SEE.

Well, I don't care what the article says.

All I have to do is look at the beautiful Hubble pictures of the billions of galaxies and I am totally certain that there are thriving civilizations out there that we may never, ever know about.

• Like 4

Great article, I was going to post the link but you beat me to it. With the advances in technology available to us today, the thought would be an increase in UFO sightings, not a decrease. The only increase is with the hoaxes. Aliens are not going to travel vast interstellar distances to just tease Earthlings with fuzzy sightings. The day that an alien species lands and announces their presence will be the day I believe again, otherwise it is just blind faith based upon decade old conspiracies.

But we should really bring one down & take it apart.

And risk angering aliens that obviously have a technological advantage over us?

And risk angering aliens that obviously have a technological advantage over us?

No worries, the aliens are way ahead on this.

They've stamped "Made in China" on the parts to throw us off. :passifier:

• Like 3

lol mwuahahah i cant believe what i am reading ! .. i cant believe someone could actually say something like this !

the truth is simple ! NO MONEY NO HOUSE NO FOOD NO buying NICE EGUIPMENT NO RESEARCH NO UFO ! MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY !

without money you cant do ""peeeeeep"" this is 1 of the most ugly articles that i ever had read ! bah bah bah

lol mwuahahah i cant believe what i am reading ! .. i cant believe someone could actually say something like this !

the truth is simple ! NO MONEY NO HOUSE NO FOOD NO buying NICE EGUIPMENT NO RESEARCH NO UFO ! MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY !

without money you cant do ""peeeeeep"" this is 1 of the most ugly articles that i ever had read ! bah bah bah

Uh... are you OK?

• Like 1

But we should really bring one down & take it apart.

I believe that's something President Romney is already working on. :gun:

It stands to reason with the proliferation of hand-held cameras and cell phones with high mega-pixel cameras, that sighting should be going up, not down, IF there was a real phenomenon and IF the number of "visitations" remain static over the years. However many, if not most, of the photos and videos online seem to have been created or photoshopped, so it makes it difficult, if not impossible, to know if what you are looking at is real or created.

I believe that's something President Romney is already working on. :gun:

You mean President Obama ! HE`s the Alien, or so the Right say`s As for Romney we all know He`s not of this world ! As for the thread ,Well Its like all threads about E.T. ! a waist of broad ban !

Well mostly,they come out at night mostly ! :alien::whistle:

You mean President Obama ! HE`s the Alien, or so the Right say`s As for Romney we all know He`s not of this world ! As for the thread ,Well Its like all threads about E.T. ! a waist of broad ban !

Well mostly,they come out at night mostly ! :alien::whistle:

And after a few too many beers, then the night stalkers come out!

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Having 8+ years in UFO research, and once believing the majority of them where real, I now have learned a lot and sadly think the possibility of them being real is becoming less all the time. I still think it's very likely that there's real aliens, but the proof is just not good enough for me anymore. There are soooooo many stories, but they're just stories. So many of the good ones have turned out to be hoaxes, and the "lights in the sky" cases are still just lights in the sky. I want physical proof now, or a video that cannot be explained as CGI.

On top of that, nearly every decent UFO video on youtube is fake or explainable. Almost all "old" ufo photos are fake to. I used to do a lot of my own hoaxes and have learned how to easily identify fake photos and videos. I got into crop circles and learned they're all man made. Psychology plays a big factor in how much people believe to.

Edited by AlienDan
  • Like 4

Maybe some reporter had an epiphany and is claiming his personal view. And one can consider that the overall picture has changed, this day and age pale to the many and varied stories of the 50's and 60's. I know that many people go into UFOlogy, as I did myself, full of hope and loaded with optimism, only to find things are not what they seem.

I think someone might just be expressing their disillusionment at the heightened promises that UFOlogy offers. Reality is somewhat mundane by comparison. AKA the birth of another skeptic. But in public.

• Like 3