Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO spotted over Denver

on the OP/Karlis's vid....the anonymous person who took the film had very hairy arms...

are we sure he was human :unsure2:

Bigfoot!

:w00t:

• Like 2

I don't buy it Mr B. For a start I have five photos with the object. If it were bugs I would expect to see more than one bug on at least one shot. This is not the case and each of the five shots has only one object.

That Denver object is no bug.

The very suggestion bugs me.

No matter how many times people say "it's not a bug" will not change the fact that this is the most likely explanation for it. Making declarations has no impact on the likelihood.

I'm sorry if that bothers you zoser.

• Like 1

I do see a resemblance, but I think only because they are both distant, blurred objects, both with light and shaded areas.

Did you see the objects with your eyes, or did you only notice them once you looked at the pictures? (the ones you took)

This is reminding me of that thread about the photo with the goats taken in Greece.

Synch, they don't need to be distant objects. In fact, it is extremely unlikely that they are distant objects because the actual distant objects are in pretty good focus. It is far more likely that they are very small and close to the camera.

Yes only in the photos. Whatever it was was moving too fast for us; just like the Denver object. It's only visible on slow playback.

So your photos are taken from video?...or were they just snapshots?

If it's video can you post it?

Maybe you didn't register seeing the objects, because they were birds so you took no notice at the time.

No matter how many times people say "it's not a bug" will not change the fact that this is the most likely explanation for it. Making declarations has no impact on the likelihood.

I'm sorry if that bothers you zoser.

Don't be annoyed Boon please. You've done some good work debunking recently which I have openly given you a lot of credit for.

I just don't see a bug on the Denver footage. He's been getting similar footage for months. I had 5 shots all with only one 'bug' in them. Too unlikely for me.

So your photos are taken from video?...or were they just snapshots?

If it's video can you post it?

Maybe you didn't register seeing the objects, because they were birds so you took no notice at the time.

Photo's taken with a Nikon D70 at very high shutter speeds. My daughter took them actually as I would not have used those extreme settings. I had wondered if a more normal shutter speed would have revealed the images at all.

They were taken on 1/4000th of a second with a very low depth of field.

• Like 1

Synch, they don't need to be distant objects. In fact, it is extremely unlikely that they are distant objects because the actual distant objects are in pretty good focus. It is far more likely that they are very small and close to the camera.

True. I just perceived them as distant. They could be fungus knats (tiny) only inches from the lens.

Impossible to determine IMHO.

The ETometer in my gut registers zero.

• Like 1

They were taken on 1/4000th of a second...

:w00t:

You could near take a still of a bullet with that!

Don't be annoyed Boon please. You've done some good work debunking recently which I have openly given you a lot of credit for.

I just don't see a bug on the Denver footage. He's been getting similar footage for months. I had 5 shots all with only one 'bug' in them. Too unlikely for me.

First of all, I'm not annoyed zoser. :)

Secondly, thank you for the credit. :D

Third, he has probably been getting similar footage because... bugs are all over the place...

As for your photos, they don't all necessarily have to be the same bug. They could have been 5 completely different individual bugs, or 3 bugs, 2 shot twice, 2 bugs, 1 shot 4 times, etc...

Whether you think it is unlikely is irrelevant to the actual probabilities involved. It is well known that small bugs produce the exact same look as the UFO video in the OP and in your photos.

I think in order to determine whether not its a ufo is to find the apparent place that it goes to and from every day...and have a video camera in the same overlooking position as before.

If the object is seen by video but not by at the place- its a insect flying past the camera.

If the object is seen both at the place and video- its anyone's guess.

I think in order to determine whether not its a ufo is to find the apparent place that it goes to and from every day...and have a video camera in the same overlooking position as before.

If the object is seen by video but not by at the place- its a insect flying past the camera.

If the object is seen both at the place and video- its anyone's guess.

And what if it is too fast for the naked eye as the presenter suggested?

I don't buy it Mr B. For a start I have five photos with the object. [....]

OK, bring it here, raw material expected.

[...] If it were bugs I would expect to see more than one [....]

And you've seen them, In other photos.

[...] This is not the case and each of the five shots has only one object.

[...]

... and if you'll look closely at photos you'll find many more "UFO"s.

OK, bring it here, raw material expected.

And you've seen them, In other photos.

... and if you'll look closely at photos you'll find many more "UFO"s.

I'll do that; promise not to tamper with the originals; that's not my style and I honestly wouldn't know how to anyway.

Too tired tonight and they are on a remote HD on my other pc. Tomorrow morning. If there is more than one object per picture I will be surprised.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

OK just went for a cycle ride to blow out the cobwebs; here are the other 3 originals; look carefully for the object. If anyone finds multiple objects per shot I will be interested,

DSC_0044.jpg

zoser18.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

In the first photo, I see a tiny white fleck against the rocks above the third post on the left.

Second photo I see nothing.

In the third photo, I see a tiny black spot in the water directly above the first post and a tiny dark spot below the 2nd cloud from the left.

Sure as hell isn't a scene from Independance Day.

Nice photos though.

• Like 1

Just one further observation that may be of interest:

Looking at the order that the shots appear on my camera:

They are as follows:

1) Post 41 3rd pic

2) Post 41 1st pic

3) Post 41 2nd Pic

4) Post 17 2nd pic

5) Post 17 1st pic

This means that the object whatever it was started from the SE direction of Sark ; flew over Sark in a NW direction toward Guernsey then flew back towards Sark again to give us the clearest picture of it in the last image.

The following map should hopefully make this clearer.

zoser20.jpg

In the first photo, I see a tiny white fleck against the rocks above the third post on the left.

Second photo I see nothing.

In the third photo, I see a tiny black spot in the water directly above the first post and a tiny dark spot below the 2nd cloud from the left.

Sure as hell isn't a scene from Independance Day.

Nice photos though.

On the 2nd pic look to the far right approx 1 inch above the nearby headland.

You may have to zoom in using windows pic viewer to see them. I'm not sure if photobucket does some compression on the originals?

On the 3rd pic look to the left approx 1 inch above the horizon (that's Jersey visible on the horizon looking in a SE direction).

Zoser, you are by far the King of Hijacking threads to make them your own........

No, you are the God of Hijacking threads.....

1314203824519.gif

7185487929_f41970d8d8_o.jpg

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

Can some one tell me how it's NOT a toy/model blimp?

And if it isn't visible to the naked eye...how does he know where to film?

Nibs

Ok, this is from Utah but...you get the idea.

blimp_ufo.jpg

I don't buy it Mr B. For a start I have five photos with the object. If it were bugs I would expect to see more than one bug on at least one shot. This is not the case and each of the five shots has only one object.

That Denver object is no bug.

The very suggestion bugs me.

:innocent:

:whistle:

PierredeFermatandthefly.gif

:whistle:

:P

• Like 4