Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Craigslist teen killer

K_Bonita

A remorseful teenager was sentenced Friday to life in prison with no chance for parole for his role in a deadly plot to lure men desperate for work with phony Craigslist job offers.

'I thought it was something horrible,' a grim-faced Brogan Rafferty, 17, told Judge Lynne Callahan before he was sentenced.

If his life has been hell since the killings last year, 'They must be living in it,' said Rafferty, gesturing with his cuffed hands at victims' relatives who crowded the court. He said they also were victims of his crimes.

I never really did trust those sites

:no:

craigslist provides local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.

• Like 1

i hope they never get released.. lowest of the low, preying on poor people desperate for work.. how horrendous..

Edited by with bells on
  • Like 1

The prosecutor claimed their motive was robbery. Those innocent people still didn't deserve this. Monster's really do exist.

The prosecutor claimed their motive was robbery. Those innocent people still didn't deserve this. Monster's really do exist.

Robbery?... The victims were desperately unemployed. How much money could they have had?

Perhaps, both culprits should be given the needle just for being so incredibly stupid.

• Like 1

everyone knows craigslist! even my grandmother lol

Edited by ShadowBoy86x
  • Like 1

Craigslist is just a free website where you can advertise things for sale, like a newspaper classified advertisement.

I've heard of so many bad incidents besides this one. People have been robbed, beaten up, or worse when meeting a stranger from Craigslist. This includes the online dating portion of their website.

• Like 1

Robbery?... The victims were desperately unemployed. How much money could they have had?

Perhaps, both culprits should be given the needle just for being so incredibly stupid.

I agree with you,how can you rob someone who is looking for job that needs money...make's no sense.

Craigslist is just a free website where you can advertise things for sale, like a newspaper classified advertisement.

I've heard of so many bad incidents besides this one. People have been robbed, beaten up, or worse when meeting a stranger from Craigslist. This includes the online dating portion of their website.

That's true,craigslist is one of those websites that I wouldn't trust..especially for online dating there are other more safer sites.

ive never used it and never will, its just unsafe and full of scammers. Im sure there are tons of legit classifieds. But still

I always knew sites like Craiglist or Kijiji would be used by potential serial killers to lure their victims easily and if done right, also undetected. Sites like these, as well as social media websites can be very dangerous.

• Like 1