Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Four more years

supervike

Like I said, there are certainly nits to be picked in the info i posted.

Harte

It's a nit, as was stated, that we've been picking for some time - going back before Reagan. Obama just "happened" to come along at a time when you can't even find work flipping burgers?

Not likely.

Where's the big nit in the GDP numbers?

I'd have to say that the comparison to Reagan fails. To me, any disagreement on that is simply partisan apologetics.

Harte

Problem is that, to the contrary of the Reagan recovery, most jobs flipping hamburgers were already taken:

distoflaborforcebysector.png

The US has been growing jobs in only one sector since 1920: services. The problem with the service sector is that there are only so many who can sell hamburgers and so many who can clean the windows of the hamburger stand. Once you have enough service providers for your population additional jobs are not created.

We reached that point in 1990. After that full time jobs were earning less and less and a slew of part-time jobs were created, but that were mostly occupied by somebody incapable of making ends meet working 8 hours a day. But in the statistics that looked very good.

And no, Obama is not going to change that, the only thing that could is to make money with money less lucrative than producing. But no Republican is going to change that either.

Total BS!

Total BS!

in what way? You want to argue about facts now? this information is well known and has been for some time now.

in what way? You want to argue about facts now? this information is well known and has been for some time now.

Facts have never played an important part in any of your arguments...the spin of the facts to fit your perspective is what is important..and quite frankly...I'm done playing...it's pointless...

...we lost...

...checkmate...you won, it's over...no going back, no 're-do'...your side won. Now, forever on it will be Your Side in Power...

Look at Argentina...in four years that will be us...but guess what...it won't matter...no going back...this is why the election was so important for both sides...it was and is The Game Changer for all time. Of course...the 'masses' are unaware they are being manipulated by an out of control Federal Government. But that's just the way it goes...so ...please...don't tell me about 'facts'....there aren't any anymore really...it is all BS...from hereon, from both sides...irrelevant BS!

Facts have never played an important part in any of your arguments...the spin of the facts to fit your perspective is what is important..and quite frankly...I'm done playing...it's pointless...

...we lost...

...checkmate...you won, it's over...no going back, no 're-do'...your side won. Now, forever on it will be Your Side in Power...

Look at Argentina...in four years that will be us...but guess what...it won't matter...no going back...this is why the election was so important for both sides...it was and is The Game Changer for all time. Of course...the 'masses' are unaware they are being manipulated by an out of control Federal Government. But that's just the way it goes...so ...please...don't tell me about 'facts'....there aren't any anymore really...it is all BS...from hereon, from both sides...irrelevant BS!

True. Sides don`t matter so why so up set ;)

Oh and I have yet to see you do what you bet. From september my friend.

The Silver Thong: Polls do mean little however Romney a right wing morman stands no chance. Not that I like it but Obama is a shoe in. I will bet 100 UM dollars on it. The right or as we say repubs have nothing to bring to the plate and Romney proves that.

I will give you a pass because, as a Canadian, you have no pulse apparently on the economy of the USA. In a word...it sucks...in another word...everyone (execpt the base Democrats) blame Obama. I will make a bet with you as well. I don't bet money...but, I will wager this: if Obama wins, before I sell my computer and my house, I will post in very large print the following statement: The Silver Thong was right and I was WRONG! And, if Romney wins...by a landslide...you do the same! eh?

Think it`s time lol

Think it`s time lol

cash-register.thumbnail.jpg

Cha-Ching, .....not only a village in Iran ....just like denial is not just a river in Egypt.

The Silver Thong was right and I was WRONG!

There you go...forgot about that one! :tu::gun:

• Like 3

God was I wrong!

okay...that's all you get...

• Like 2

:w00t: Loud and Proud, joc! :whistle: I'm thrilled Obama was reelected president (4 days ago) and my apologies to those voted for Romney. Call it a free and fair election, then comes the charges of voter fraud from the other side. The American way of doing business with presidential elections: if they win or reelected, something must be "wrong". :tu:

Can't say I agree with Joc on much, but he has the gumption to fess up. Several of the folks that were the biggest blowhards on some of these topics have yet to show their avatars...

Can't say I agree with Joc on much, but he has the gumption to fess up. Several of the folks that were the biggest blowhards on some of these topics have yet to show their avatars...

Hey, I'm true to my word...and I was wrong...I don't like being wrong...but the truth is more important than being 'right'...and the truth is obvious...so...you know...we just deal with it. I mean, after the funeral of someone you love, at some point you just have to say, Life is for the living...and then live it. Doesn't take the sadness away...but becoming depressed and all that serves no purpose for anyone.

Eventually maybe you will all come around to seeing things my way... :whistle:

The Silver Thong was right and I was WRONG!

There you go...forgot about that one! :tu::gun:

Good on ya bud :tu: To be honest I`m not sure anybody won. Its the system of government that has arranged themselves or itself to never lose.

• Like 1

:w00t: Loud and Proud, joc! :whistle:I'm thrilled Obama was reelected president (4 days ago) and my apologies to those voted for Romney. Call it a free and fair election, then comes the charges of voter fraud from the other side. The American way of doing business with presidential elections: if they win or reelected, something must be "wrong". :tu:

Why?

With his record over the last 4 years, I wonder why people voted Obama back in.

Do they believe:

the defiect will go down?

the unemployment rate will drop?

our country will be safer?

our civil liberties will be protected?

working class families will be better off?

I guess my question is "what has he done to date, to warrant a second term?"

I believe that the answer to some of these is yes, and some are left to be determined. One I can say yes to definitely is the deficit going down. The numbers are soon to be released, and they will reflect that, to the tune of $200 billion. Maybe it isn't going down fast enough for some people, but it is a start.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/06/1141022/-President-Obama-cuts-federal-Debt-by-200-Billion

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/Decoder-Wire/2012/1005/Presidential-debate-101-Did-Obama-really-double-the-deficit

Why?

Given the options Obama was the better choice. Imo Mitt would have increased military spending possibly start another war and further intrench the US in the ME where unless there is a clear and present danger should just be ignored. Obama just as Mitt will aprove the pipe line from Canada hence much less demand from the ME for oil. Take away the cash and the ME will be a far less threat not only in physical threats but economic ones.

Given the options Obama was the better choice. Imo Mitt would have increased military spending possibly start another war and further intrench the US in the ME where unless there is a clear and present danger should just be ignored. Obama just as Mitt will aprove the pipe line from Canada hence much less demand from the ME for oil. Take away the cash and the ME will be a far less threat not only in physical threats but economic ones.

I strongly doubt that the US will be less dependent on ME oil because of tar sands, tar sand are mostly good to produce diesel and the US already produces too much of that. Most is exported.

I strongly doubt that the US will be less dependent on ME oil because of tar sands, tar sand are mostly good to produce diesel and the US already produces too much of that. Most is exported.

Given the state of the economy and the new President (same ole) who is waging his own private war on Big Oil and Gas...I expect the US to become heavily dependent on Foreign Oil. There will be no 'drill baby drill' in this country.

If that were the case the the US would not be so interested in it and we would just ship it to China ;) We are already going to build a pipeline to the west coast for China. The US does not like that to much, hence obama will aprove the pipeline south. Oil sands refined makes great gas not sure were you think it`s only good for diesel. Maybe back in the 70`s but not today.

Tar sands is another way of trying to make blood free oil sound bad by the way. Not going to help or change things. The US needs our resources and we are willing to sell. Oil from Canada will help keep the loaf of bread from getting to $ 19.95 a loaf.

Given the state of the economy and the new President (same ole) who is waging his own private war on Big Oil and Gas...I expect the US to become heavily dependent on Foreign Oil. There will be no 'drill baby drill' in this country.

Natural gas drilling in the US has increased in the last few years. Off shore drilling not so much given the BP thing.

Natural gas drilling in the US has increased in the last few years. Off shore drilling not so much given the BP thing.

Yes it has...on PRIVATE lands...but not on Federally owned land.

That does need to be addressed.

http://www.cnn.com/2...-gas/index.html

HA! I thought you might dispute that...so I had the same page bookmarked...just in case...good to know we are 'on the same page'! :tsu:

HA! I thought you might dispute that...so I had the same page bookmarked...just in case...good to know we are 'on the same page'! :tsu:

I know I have taken this off the op but Canadian oil is a very simple way for the US to save so to speak a ton of money. We have a tv ad up here that says nothing you buy gets here with out being on a truck. Obama will approve what is best right now. I also believe Obama will pull out of Afgan in 2014 leaving a small force to further train nationals.

We are on the same page as what needs to be done but not who could have done it better. It was a lose lose situation imo.