Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did God vote for Obama?

Clarakore

See, I don't know if this sarcasm, a joke, or serious. It's hard to tell these days.

which bit could refer to sarcasm, a joke or seriousness?

God's not a US citizen.

I think this has already been debated, but not concluded.

I don't think God would be stupid enough to fall for the same speech twice..... :tu:

I don't think God would be stupid enough to fall for the same speech twice..... :tu:

I much rather have a president that's consistent over the flip flop alternative.

its okay obama will be the last president of the USA anyway :D isnt it ironic? the first president freed the slaves and now the last president is a black guy lol

GOD Really Exist !

Edited by WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

I much rather have a president that's consistent over the flip flop alternative.

Well he's certainly lies consistently. If he had done what he was claiming he would do, then he would not have to repeat the same speech this time around.... lol

its okay obama will be the last president of the USA anyway

And why is that then?..World going to end...again ?

isnt it ironic? the first president freed the slaves and now the last president is a black guy lol

The first US president freed the slaves...so George Washington freed them? ..There was me thinking it was Abraham Lincolon ?

• Like 1

And why is that then?..World going to end...again ?

The first US president freed the slaves...so George Washington freed them? ..There was me thinking it was Abraham Lincolon ?

It was Abraham Lincoln who signed the Emancipation Proclamation that freed all the slaves BM. But it is also true that Washington personally freed his, only asking them to stay until after Martha's death to take care of her, which they did. So in a roundabout way, he was ahead of his time. lol

• Like 2

which bit could refer to sarcasm, a joke or seriousness?

I think this has already been debated, but not concluded.

Obama controlling the weather to win the election. Serious? Sarcasm? Joke? Delusion?

Edited by Beany

Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old ! seek what they sought . FREEDOM ! o_O sweet dreams ..

It was Abraham Lincoln who signed the Emancipation Proclamation that freed all the slaves BM. But it is also true that Washington personally freed his, only asking them to stay until after Martha's death to take care of her, which they did. So in a roundabout way, he was ahead of his time. lol

He freed his own personal slaves.. He was not the first president to free all of the slaves.. Abraham Lincoln helped free the slaves..He introduced the 13th Amendment..This kicked in and took effect months after Lincoln was assassinated

Obama controlling the weather to win the election. Serious? Sarcasm? Joke? Delusion?

If they are serious claiming Obama did control the weather to win the election.. then I would say, they were seriously delusional

On the other hand, if it was a joke..I would say in return - Yea sure Obama stood out on the white house lawn, and preformed a storm dance

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

He freed his own personal slaves.. He was not the first president to free all of the slaves.. Abraham Lincoln helped free the slaves..He introduced the 13th Amendment..This kicked in and took effect months after Lincoln was assassinated

Right

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emancipation_Proclamation

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

I'd vote for Escape From New York era Kurt Russell, no mazes of semantics, no suits, no empty promises, no dithering about, no problems! :whistle:

True. I just think people think he "caused" all the problems. When in reality most of the ones people seem to blame him for happened before him. Like Clinton said. No president in history could have cleaned up the mess we where in when he took office in only 4 years. In my opinion he's focusing on a long term fix even if the pill is a little harder to swallow than the short term band aid Romney seemed to plan on using.

But getting back to my OP. I don't care if or what religion my president is. But I do care if they put that in its proper place when it comes to decision making for a country that made of many religions. Bush did this to some degree. Just watch him answer questions about stem cell research. IMO He didn't know the science. Just what some religious peddlers say about it. This, in my mind anyway is especially scary in religions like morman and Scientology.

Having read the Bible, I'd say God is clearly a hardcore "my way or the smite-way" conservative so he would vote Republican. Jesus was the rebellious liberal son so he would vote Democrat. The Holy Spirit voted Libertarian so weed would be legal. Satan voted for Roseanne Barr.

• Like 3

This may be wandering from speculation about God, but is that really a virtue? Might it not be better in a Politician to be willing to admit that ideas that thety may have held before might not have worked as well as they'd hoped, and be willing to try something new? Isn't adaptability a virtue? I really don't udnerstand why admitting that it may be time to try something new is dismessed as Flip Flopping.

that's correct! :innocent:

its okay obama will be the last president of the USA anyway :D isnt it ironic? the first president freed the slaves and now the last president is a black guy lol

GOD Really Exist !

Ehhhhh? Got your history a little mixed up there. it was Abe Lincoln. He was not the first president of the USA. Grorge washington eas the first president, And I believe he was a slave owner.

Edited by Seeker79

My senior year in public high school coincided with the 1984 election. Our local elections had several candidates who were completely unqualified and only ran to spread the word of Jesus through the Election Guide. Their pages were full of capitals, bold face and exclamation points saying things that you would normally hear from street preachers.

One of the Jesus freaks at school got into a screaming match with a bunch of students over one of these non-candidates, ending with "God will decide who will be the next County Director of Soil and Water Conservation! [or whatever it was]"

Someone said, "He will? God doesn't believe in democracy! He's a mother****ing Commie!"

And the laughter from (almost) everyone ended that discussion.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

With all these dead and fictitious people voting for O; I am quite that that God, Zeus, Belzeboob and Micky Mouse were too.

The election was close. Some say there were several factors that could have tipped it on their own including Hurricane Sandy.

So can an act of nature by some be interpreted as God actually voting for Obama?

I know those in America who are evangelical or fundamentalist will have to doublethink this because perhaps they thought God was on Romney's side. Maybe this was a clear clue, that no, if God is real, that he voted, and it wasn't for Romney.

What makes you think God cares either way, or has anything to do with it?

What makes you think God cares either way, or has anything to do with it?

What makes you think I think or stated that. Clearly my post was questioning those who do believe that and even hinting that they should double think it. My suggestion is to improve your context skills.