Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flouride/Water Fluoridation

Coffey

Fish live in water. Water has flouride. I get it!

:unsure2:

I could have said "bears, etc", but since such changes in fish have been widely reported in the popular media, i said "fish, etc" in order that you were more likely to get the point.

@all, fluoride is an endocrine disruptor, it lowers testosterone in males.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=effects%20of%20fluoride%20on%20human%20hypothalamus-hypophysis-testis%20axis%20hormones&cmd=correctspelling

you would expect that to lead to more effeminate men wouldn't you?

I could have said "bears, etc", but since such changes in fish have been widely reported in the popular media, i said "fish, etc" in order that you were more likely to get the point.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....correctspelling

Many antidepressants in the SSRI class contain fluorophenyl and their side effects could well be decribed as chemical castration.

Paxil is a notable example. In fact it is widely prescribed to treat premature ejaculation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paxil

I have a well, problem solved

I have a well, problem solved

Is it really? Many areas around the world have ground water with naturally higher fluoride concentration than public water sources. Have you ever had it tested?

To be honest, not really; endocrinology is a complicated science requiring years of study so I'd be hesitant to say much about it. Since we are now talking definitely about science, it would be helpful to have what you believe to be the scientific definition of 'effeminate' and yes, I think in the context of science there should be some ability to measure it so I'd be curious as to how that is done. If you just mean by 'effeminate' things like the amount of facial hair and aggressiveness and other things that are affected by testerone levels, I could see that as possibly making some sense, although I disagree with the assignment of these things to 'genders'. Usually when I hear a man referred to as 'effeminate' though it's usually more superficial such as maybe their voice is high or soft and has a lilt in it, maybe they are more interested in fashion than sports, they are more preoccupied with the their appearance, etc; in other words, they behave in ways that are consistent with the way society has stereotyped women (or gay men). I don't know and don't suspect that testosterone necessarily has a causal relationship with those types of specific behaviors, but I think I'm seeing what you are saying; just a word usage difference.

Is it really? Many areas around the world have ground water with naturally higher fluoride concentration than public water sources. Have you ever had it tested?

Actually yes, my husband works for the public works dept, convenient huh? We have it checked for various things every once in a while. Seems to be pretty deep and clean :) but I still triple osmosis filter it anyway. Good for me, I drink alot of water and I don't want it to "taste" like anything.

Actually yes, my husband works for the public works dept, convenient huh? We have it checked for various things every once in a while. Seems to be pretty deep and clean :) but I still triple osmosis filter it anyway. Good for me, I drink alot of water and I don't want it to "taste" like anything.

when we had our well we tested it regularly too. (mostly for pesticides because we were in farmland) it had no flouride in it. lots of calcium tho - and thankfully no pesticides

now we live in the city but i have a reverse osmosis system under my sink. i've been drinking that water so long that the tap water smells like a swimming pool to me lol

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 1

I don't think males are getting more effeminate. They are getting more FAB-YOU-LOUUUUUSSSSSS!!!!!

• Like 3

No offense was meant. I just realized that my comment could come across as snide.

• Like 1

The government is trying to kill us.we dont even need flouride in our thooth paste

No offense was meant. I just realized that my comment could come across as snide.

GOOD FOR U!!! :clap:

Do I need to waste my time reading the huggington post and usa today, or can you just add that there are no links to flouride and lower fertility rates?

You also should mention that "fertility rate" factors in intentional infertility. Like using contraception.

Your articles don't have ANYTHING to do with biological "fertility" as the ABILITY of a woman to conceive. Your articles have to do with how many women ARE conceiving, including women who are not conceiving because THEY DON'T WANT TO.

To try to link lower FTR with any kind of chemical influence (flouride or otherwise) is deceptive and not supported at all by any of the above articles.

• Like 3

The government is trying to kill us.we dont even need flouride in our thooth paste

Given the population of the US is increasing they're not doing a very good job.

Given the population of the US is increasing they're not doing a very good job.

Actually that's not completely accurate to the subject.

Yes it's increasing but it's not due to higher fertility rates or Births. Especially as statistics show Births to be lower the past 3 years. It's more to do with the lower death rate.

If the Birth rate was either stagnant or increasing then the population would be increasing at a much higher number than it is now in the US.

Do I need to waste my time reading the huggington post and usa today, or can you just add that there are no links to flouride and lower fertility rates?

You also should mention that "fertility rate" factors in intentional infertility. Like using contraception.

Your articles don't have ANYTHING to do with biological "fertility" as the ABILITY of a woman to conceive. Your articles have to do with how many women ARE conceiving, including women who are not conceiving because THEY DON'T WANT TO.

To try to link lower FTR with any kind of chemical influence (flouride or otherwise) is deceptive and not supported at all by any of the above articles.

I didn't say it was.. LOL

I purely said that there has been articles about fertility rate. :whistle:

But as I said, use google it brings up all the information regarding fluoride and fertility as Little Fish has proven:

Edited by Coffey

Any of those peer reviewed?

Anyplace in the US have people getting flouride in the amount necessary to cause the claimed low sperm count or motility or whatever?

And peer reviewed?

I'm not even going to bother clicking on a website called "flouridewarning" or "evilflouride" or "flouridealert"

That should tell you that you are dealing with nonsense and nothing peer reviewed or reliable.

Any of those peer reviewed?

Anyplace in the US have people getting flouride in the amount necessary to cause the claimed low sperm count or motility or whatever?

And peer reviewed?

I'm not even going to bother clicking on a website called "flouridewarning" or "evilflouride" or "flouridealert"

That should tell you that you are dealing with nonsense and nothing peer reviewed or reliable.

why are you asking questions, then "not going to bother" to find the answers when shown where to look, I think you are just playing a silly game of trying to tie other people into knots. there are many peer reviewed journal published studies that provide a compelling case for not fluoridating, you would find those studies referenced in the articles you refuse to look at. if you genuinely want to find answers, then you can find talks by Paul Connett on youtube who will explain what these studies mean.

going by this thread, it looks to me that people are very much becoming more aware of the fluoride issue and not afraid to express their concerns, encouraging i think.

• Like 1

What would help your case is if the nonsensical and overexagerated claims would stop and we could get real information.

For instance, I have been using flouride toothpaste and drinking flouridated water for 39 years. I have no health problems, and I have two children, both conceived on a recreational basis without a mission objective in mind.

So, the claims don't hold up in my experience. I suspect that the infertility claim is at levels that people are not usually exposed to.

For instance, I have been using flouride toothpaste and drinking flouridated water for 39 years. I have no health problems, and I have two children, both conceived on a recreational basis without a mission objective in mind.

So, the claims don't hold up in my experience. I suspect that the infertility claim is at levels that people are not usually exposed to.

Well put.

Ditto for me, but I have 3 kids.

I have been using flouride toothpaste and drinking flouridated water for 39 years. I have no health problems...So, the claims don't hold up in my experience
sounds like an argument a smoker would make to deny the risks of smoking.

sounds like an argument a smoker would make to deny the risks of smoking.

Excep that almost everyone around me drinks flouridated water, and most of us are healthy and parents.

And that much fewer people smoke, but a far, far higher precentage of them are not healthy, or can reliabley be predicted to die of disease related to smoking.

Oh, and we also have EVIDENCE that smoking reliably causes a number of cancers and pulmonary diseases.

So, if I have 10 friends who smoke for a significant length of time, I can expect 8 of them to die from cancer or another disease directly related to smoking.

Not true at all with those of use who drink water and brush our teeth.

So cause you havent directly seen a effect in your little circle, it cant be happening? I know LOTS of people who smoke. None of them have cancer. None of them are for the most part unhealthy. It doesnt mean they arent killing themselfs.

So cause you havent directly seen a effect in your little circle, it cant be happening?

No. Because it's not happening anywhere.

Not only is it not happening in my little circle, it is not happening in anyone's big circle.

I know LOTS of people who smoke. None of them have cancer. None of them are for the most part unhealthy. It doesnt mean they arent killing themselfs.

That's the difference between this flouride nonsense and smoking... your friends, most of them, WILL did from a smoking related disease, if they do not stop. This is not a guess, this is based on all the scientific evidence we have about smoking.

the rest of us, who don't smoke but do drink water, will not. And most of us who drink fluoridated water will also live longer than any other group of human beings in the history of our species. These are just facts, not my opinion.

I just realized that when I filled out my forms for health insurance, it asked if I am a smoker. Because they will charge me more or refuse me entirely. Because there is a LOT of evidence that smoking makes for an unhealthy individual who is far more likely to die from a very costly and prolonged illness related to smoking.

They didn't ask if I drink tap water though.

the rest of us, who don't smoke but do drink water, will not. And most of us who drink fluoridated water will also live longer than any other group of human beings in the history of our species. These are just facts, not my opinion.

how is this statement a fact? please cite sources that show that drinking flouridated water will cause most to live longer than any other group of human being in the history of our species.

that is a ridiculous claim.