Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

Zoser, it was me that posted that video you turnip!....

*snipped a lot of additional good stuff*

1963 my friend... you just brought an ear to ear grin to my face and a tear of joy to my eye... :D

Thank you for that! :tu:

• Like 1

Good work my friend :tu: ...Or just maybe... the tractors/fairway-maintenance-vehicles were en-route back to their depot...? :unsure2: lol.

23876_386634884747536_317346496_n.jpg

new_machines.jpg

refurbished.jpg

these are the actual machines used at the Denbigh Golf Club.

...proves nothing, I know...just wanted to post them! :whistle:

Cheers buddy.

It is hard to say at this point exactly what was filmed, but I think they probably found the spot during their walkabout in part 5. If Petey had been doing his job, he would have followed up on the tractor tracks and disturbed soil in that field they discovered before taking a jaunt down the road.

At any rate I do completely agree with you that this particular case doesn't have ET written anywhere on it (except in the minds of a select few).

Cheers mate, and again... many thanks for the previous post as well! :tu:

• Like 1

If you want something factual; look at the footage. We don't need text books to tell us facts; there are other ways.

Hey Zoser, you do realise how reckless that post was around here don't you?...I know what you meant..but it really was a nonsensical thing to say wasn't it!

Anyway, as you are currently highlighting Welsh UFO cases, I was wondering if you had heard of John White's claims to have videoed 9 hours worth of UFO's in the Denbigh area?...it was about seven years ago and made many of the major newspapers...but to this day , I haven't been able to find any of the actual footage to view!...perhaps you could find it?...it would be interesting to see, I reckon!...

http://www.hotspotsz.com/gate.html?name=News&sort=length&file=categories&op=newindex&catid=18&pagenum=166

...and then there's this unsupported but interesting tale from a guy named Colin Grethe about a potential-UFO near-fatal encounter....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/mid/sites/weird/pages/colingrethe.shtml

...not to mention perhaps the most famous Welsh UFO-crash story, The Berwyn Mountain UFO Incident....

http://www.ufocasebook.com/wales1974.html

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/64283/The_Berwyn_UFO_Crash_Incident_Wales_1974/

...and then, there's my favourite welsh story [with a possible UFO connection]...The Egryn Lights Phenomenon from 1905....

http://www.ignaciodarnaude.com/avistamientos_ovnis/Sandell,UFOs%201905,Wales,FSR71V17N4.pdf

...which appears prominently in Jacques Vallee's Passport To Magonia, and I find a fascinating piece of history, whether as a series of UFO events, or as an example of religious beliefs gone wild and mass hallucination !

Cheers buddy.

• Like 1

Hi Boony!,Zoser!, and Synch!

I'll go out on a lim here... :innocent:

I discussed this particular case on another forum some months ago. And remember dismissing it, because for if nothing-else, my gut-feeling was that it was a hoax perpetrated by the whole family. [including the family documentary maker]...Not that they deliberately created the anomalous-looking sight!...but rather, they know exactly what they had filmed, and decided that it looked mysterious enough to "Cash In" on the damn-thing!

The 'chimney idea' never crossed my mind.[and still seems rather remote]..But I do still favour 'something-on-the-hill theory'...And reviewing the first instalment of the "Genuine UFO" film,..I noticed that the lady mentions that the lights emanated from the general direction of "The Denbigh Golf Club"!....And being an occasional [but excellent] golfer myself,...I know that my own golf club does it's general maintenance through the night!....And I hope that I am not being too sceptical here,...but after watching the tape again, I believe that a group of brightly-lit ground-staff vehicles , innocently going about their duties,...might just look like the "Genuine UFO" in the Denbigh film?

Anyway...I have left a message via the club's website, requesting information on any 'nocturnal maintenance work' that could possibly have been carried out on or about the 3rd of january.

...It is late sunday evening here...So i'll wait and see if i'm anywhere near the mark on this one. :whistle:

Cheers buddy.

Never thought of contacting the golf club myself. Mind you I did wonder why the filmaker didn't do that, as he did comment on the tractor marks on the turf. Then again, maybe he did contact them and the club confirmed they had turf equipment manoevers that night...and he said nothing because he's enjoying the cashflow from the Youtube hits.

I believe Boony left a comment on the Youtube video (on top on mine) asking the uploader where the missing minutes of the video are.

Something else that stuck me as odd just today. The filmaker comments about the third kids room being redecorated to a "cosmic" theme just before the sighting. He seems to be speculating that this might have some paranormal implications beyond being a simple coincidence. It adds nothing to the facts of the case, but does make it more appealing to the Galactic Command crowd.

• Like 2

You are more than likely correct Bee! :tu:

Cheers.

thanks 1963....not sure if I've got it exactly right...ie that it was ALL for Nathan...although he might not have been 'in on it'.....

and what was he doing up at 3am watching telly !!! (without going back to check, think this is what he said)

I took a look at 'peterglynnfilms' channel....and this was the first (other than the 'UFO' one) video I looked at (and will probably be the last)

:D

fair play to him if he likes playing around with YouTube.... ^_^ ....BUT....I don't like it when people try and hoax others about UFOs / ET

and he must be chuffed to bits to have found such a popular niche and target audience......

:tu:

[...] and I'm currently thinking that it may have been a tractor or something similar on the field just this side of the hill.

Yeap, pretty much my thoughts as well...

db_1_2_1.gif

• Like 4

Didn't you say that you were a math teacher? What do you teach your students with?

Objective proof; i.e the use of algebra to prove hypotheses and general cases.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

Yeap, pretty much my thoughts as well...

db_1_2_1.gif

Nice graphics :tu:

Couple of slight problems though:

I've never seen tractor lights like that. Remember the witnesses reported a spinning object, as did Morag from wee Fraserburgh.

I know people are reluctant to mix the two cases, but I think this is the same phenomena.

Also 3am for a tractor on 3rd Jan (middle of winter in Wales) is just plain ridiculous. Farmers just have no need to do that at those ungodly hours. So not impossible but:

p < 0.01

edit:

ps those flashing graphics are playing havoc with my 11 year old Toshiba Pentium 4 :cry:

Edited by zoser

I've never seen tractor lights like that. Remember the witnesses reported a spinning object, as did Morag from wee Fraserburgh.

I know people are reluctant to mix the two cases, but I think this is the same phenomena.

Also 3am for a tractor on 3rd Jan (middle of winter in Wales) is just plain ridiculous. Farmers just have no need to to that at those ungodly hours. So not impossible but:

p < 0.01

I thought 1963? had determined the golf course could be the source of tractor lights. Something was mentioned about grounds maintenance being performed at night...or at least the possibility thereof.

Edit to add: See post #4150.

Edited by synchronomy

Also 3am for a tractor on 3rd Jan (middle of winter in Wales) is just plain ridiculous. Farmers just have no need to do that at those ungodly hours. So not impossible but:

Doesn't necessraily have to be a Tractor, just something on the distant hillside. And Tractors often have all sorts of floodlights for working at night. Although yes, they're much more likely to work round the clock on a big arable farm than on a Welsh hillside, it is true; but then, the Sheep might have had something needing doing to them. Sheep often do, I find.

Zoser, it was me that posted that video you turnip!....

Cheers .

Which post are you referring to? I respect your experience but I can't see how anyone can take the two cases and treat them as unrelated when the video clips show virtually the same phenomena. Please explain.

I thought 1963? had determined the golf course could be the source of tractor lights. Something was mentioned about grounds maintenance being performed at night...or at least the possibility thereof.

Edit to add: See post #4150.

I respect people's attempts to solve this one, but so far nothing has been the slightest bit convincing nor do the options take into account the reality of that environment at that time of year.

This is a sleepy village in North Wales, not London or LA where people have unpredictable social or working habits.

Also I know I keep repeating myself, but the case has to be linked in with Fraserburgh if any satisfactory answer is to be found. I doubt that one will be found. Don't forget that Morag wasn't the only one to see the lights up there if you read her testimony.

So any explanation involving golf clubs has to be offered to the Fraserburgh case as well.

I cannot see how this one can be solved in conventional terms.

I respect people's attempts to solve this one, but so far nothing has been the slightest bit convincing nor do the options take into account the reality of that environment at that time of year.

This is a sleepy village in North Wales, not London or LA where people have unpredictable social or working habits.

Also I know I keep repeating myself, but the case has to be linked in with Fraserburgh if any satisfactory answer is to be found. I doubt that one will be found. Don't forget that Morag wasn't the only one to see the lights up there if you read her testimony.

So any explanation involving golf clubs has to be offered to the Fraserburgh case as well.

I cannot see how this one can be solved in conventional terms.

So a UFO, whatever a UFO might be, is necessarily more likely? :unsure2:

Why are the parallels with the adventures of Morag and he rno-good husband so convincing? So far as I've been able to tell from all the Testimony, they both just reported lights, didn't they?

p < 0.01

[...]

You probably missed Boon's "or something similar". And as 747 said: "Doesn't necessraily have to be a Tractor, just something on the distant hillside".

[...]

ps those flashing graphics are playing havoc with my 11 year old Toshiba Pentium 4 :cry:

Sorry.

he he he... more flashlights...

So a UFO, whatever a UFO might be, is necessarily more likely? :unsure2:

Why are the parallels with the adventures of Morag and he rno-good husband so convincing? So far as I've been able to tell from all the Testimony, they both just reported lights, didn't they?

I know the existence of ET UFO's may be a bitter pill to swallow here (notwithstanding that this is a UFO Forum :blush: ), but absolutely yes it's more likely.

Why do I say that? The lights follow the pattern of typical UFO reports over the last 70 years that's why.

Flashing, incandescent, rotating, hovering, silent, in a way not resembling anything man made. It's really simple. Why should they not be here? How can they not be?

Morag et al reported lights and has the footage to prove it. I think people are making this all far too complicated. Maybe I should stop bringing these cases up and just let people have a happy life?

Edited by zoser

Maybe I should stop bringing these cases up and just let people have a happy life?

Posting them or not, it's not going to change minds around here, so you're swimming in quicksand. If you stopped and came back in two months, the UFO forum would look exactly the same.

Posting them or not, it's not going to change minds around here, so you're swimming in quicksand. If you stopped and came back in two months, the UFO forum would look exactly the same.

Yes I realise that; old soldiers never die. Ah well. Got some more footage anyway. BRB in about 15 minutes.

Yes I realise that; old soldiers never die. Ah well. Got some more footage anyway. BRB in about 15 minutes.

Even old soldiers die. That is called reality.

waiting for more tantalizing evidence fancy fairy tales

Skyeagle finally came around and stopped bothering with UFOs, but he simply changed subjects, LOL. I think it's an addiction for some.

I have been busy trying to find any further footage resembling Denbigh and Fraserburgh. In doing so I came across this:

Breaking News UFO Sightings Witnessed by Hundreds Over Myrtle Beach August 26, 2012 Watch

Not obviously the same object but what's interesting is that apparently there have been quite a few video's taken of this object in that area recently (South Carolina?).

This makes is a good candidate for the thread in it's own right I thought.

Just a word of warning, the camera operators get a little excited and are not fussy how they express themselves.

And this is the addiction for the other side.

I won't quote the other half of the saying regarding old soldiers.

Why should they not be here? How can they not be?

Those are the wrong questions to be asking zoser. Those questions assume the conclusion is already in hand. It isn't. It is a backward mindset that fuels 95% of UFOlogy and it destroys objectivity before it even gets started.

I have been busy trying to find any further footage resembling Denbigh and Fraserburgh. In doing so I came across this:

Breaking News UFO Sightings Witnessed by Hundreds Over Myrtle Beach August 26, 2012 Watch

Not obviously the same object but what's interesting is that apparently there have been quite a few video's taken of this object in that area recently (South Carolina?).

This makes is a good candidate for the thread in it's own right I thought.

Just a word of warning, the camera operators get a little excited and are not fussy how they express themselves.

There is quite a bit of footage on sightings in this area. This one interests me and it's a shame there was no zoomed footage:

UFOs Spotted at Myrtle Beach, SC, Pilot Says - October 19, 2011

One more showing the lights blinking out:

ufo over myrtle beach ocean

Edited by zoser