Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas FORMALLY requests secession

Simbi Laveau

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20121112-texas-secession-petition-gets-enough-signatures-for-white-house-response.ece

Texas has asked to secede before ,or has dalied with the notion .

This request actually came from governor Rick Perry ,and this is the moron who lost to Obama last time.

Sour grapes .

(Yes I know he didnt run against him,but he was the candidate that was the comic relief of the last election)

These idiots do realize they will now all need passports ,to go into other states if they do this..

I think its time for Obama to tighten immigration laws,and see how they like it,if they need a visa to visit relatives in other states .

Morons .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 5

It's not just Texas. More than a dozen states have residents petitioning for the same thing. And people asking for such a thing are far from "idiots" or "morons." They are excercising the rights they have as Americans to do such things.

The ones who are foolish are those who willingly give up their freedoms and then criticize those who actually recognize the rights they have and rightfully expect the government to act in accordance to those laws.

How do you think the United States came to be in the first place? It wasn't because the people blindly accepted what was being dictated to them. It's because they dared to challenge those "in charge."

• Like 6

Cracks showing?

Guess it wont be the United states anymore..

DSA! Disunited that is..

Mind you, I'm not american, but I get the feeling this is just politicising.

• Like 1

It's not just Texas. More than a dozen states have residents petitioning for the same thing. And people asking for such a thing are far from "idiots" or "morons." They are excercising the rights they have as Americans to do such things.

The ones who are foolish are those who willingly give up their freedoms and then criticize those who actually recognize the rights they have and rightfully expect the government to act in accordance to those laws.

How do you think the United States came to be in the first place? It wasn't because the people blindly accepted what was being dictated to them. It's because they dared to challenge those "in charge."

The other petitions are not formal ,from the local state government. Those petitions are still from the public. This is from the governors office directly .

It started as a grass roots thing,but now its for real .

The federal government has to acknowledge the petitions, the individuals who wrote and signed it. The state isn't involved.'now more than ever our country needs strong leadership from states like Texas' Perry says. He's neither endorsing it not supporting it, he's giving a politicians answer.

• Like 3

Well, that's fine, but as I pointed-out on a similar topic, the US Congress must also vote to agree on a state seceession from the US, just like the US Congress must vote on a regions petition to be included in the US umbrella.

http://www.dallasnew...se-response.ece

Texas has asked to secede before ,or has dalied with the notion .

This request actually came from governor Rick Perry ,and this is the moron who lost to Obama last time.

Sour grapes .

(Yes I know he didnt run against him,but he was the candidate that was the comic relief of the last election)

These idiots do realize they will now all need passports ,to go into other states if they do this..

I think its time for Obama to tighten immigration laws,and see how they like it,if they need a visa to visit relatives in other states .

Morons .

It won't happen:

The Presidential Proclamation declaring peace between the United States and Texas after the Civil War, dated August 20, 1866, states very clearly in the following passage that no state had the right to leave the Union (emphasis added in all capitals):

And whereas,

the President of the United States, by further proclamation issued on the second day of April, one thousand eight hundred and sixty-six, did promulgate and declare, that there no longer existed any armed resistance of misguided citizens, or others, to the authority of the United States in any, or in all the States before mentioned, excepting only the State of Texas, and did further promulgate and declare that the laws could be sustained and enforced in the several States before mentioned, except Texas, by the proper civil authorities, State, or Federal, and that the people of the said States, except Texas, are well and loyally disposed, and have conformed or will conform in their legislation to the condition of affairs growing out of the amendment to the Constitution of the United States, prohibiting slavery within the limits and jurisdiction of the United States;

And did further declare in the same proclamation THAT IT IS THE MANIFEST DETERMINATION OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE THAT NO STATE, OF ITS OWN WILL, HAS A RIGHT OR POWER TO GO OUT OF OR SEPARATE ITSELF FROM, OR BE SEPARATED FROM THE AMERICAN UNION; and that, therefore, each State ought to remain and constitute an integral part of the United States;

On March 30, 1870, Congress passed the Act to admit the State of Texas to Representation in the Congress of the United States. Likewise, this act contains no language that would allow Texas to unilaterally withdraw from the United States.

https://www.tsl.state.tx.us/exhibits/annexation/part5/question11.html

cormac

• Like 1

The other petitions are not formal ,from the local state government. Those petitions are still from the public. This is from the governors office directly.

It started as a grass roots thing,but now its for real.

In an article I just read before this thread I believe that if the other petitions get 25,000 signatures within a month then they become formal as well.

Whether any of them reach that count is yet to be known, and in all likelihood these petitions won't lead to any states achieving secession, but I do find them notable do to what they show regarding how many Americans are unhappy with its current leadership.

Edited by Left-Field

News to me, and I live there. It's not serious. But if it did ever happen, the U.S. would lose the world's largest and arguably best medical center, a lot of important businesses and jobs people flocked to when the economic crisis was at its worse elsewhere, among other things...

Edited by Cybele

*evil Professor mode*

Does Texas have nukes?

Great idea, slit their throats to spite their face. I don't see that happening either.

cormac

• Like 1

I thought Lincoln and the Civil War settled the issue about the United States being an undivided union? The United States came about by agreement. This was a new social order and political system quite different from England or any other European country at the time.

However, the Texas 2012 agenda included preventing public schools from teaching the higher order thinking skills, and we might have good reasons for letting Texas go its own way. But removing all our military bases and other government supported industries from Texas to other states, might not be in the best interest of Texans. They still have oil, but that might be enough to maintain the standard of living they expect.

• Like 3

Well i've never seen a case of sour grapes as big as this,Obama got re-elected,time to move on and get over it.

• Like 4

It doesn't matter, in and of itself, if 100% of the population of a US state votes to seperate. The final action MUST be approved by Congress.

Of course EVERY major population and money center in Texas voted BLUE. Yes...

Travis Co (Austin)

Bexar (San Antonio)

ALL the southern pennisula counties (Houston+)

El Paso (El Paso)

Dallas (Dallas)

TexasMap.jpg

Edited by MissMelsWell
  • Like 3

Of course EVERY major population and money center in Texas voted BLUE. Yes...

Travis Co (Austin)

Bexar (San Antonio)

ALL the southern pennisula counties (Houston+)

El Paso (El Paso)

Dallas (Dallas)

All blue. Look up the election maps based on County.

Everyone knows how Austin votes, and the huge number of recent immigrants from Latin American countries are more likely to vote liberal as well (well, I mean those that are legal).

*evil Professor mode*

Does Texas have nukes?

Does this answer your question?

http://theintelhub.c...y-bases-part-2/

Texas

Medina Annex
, at Lackland Air Force Base, in San Antonio. This facility lies in southwest San Antonio, on the south side of Rte. 90, immediately west of the junction of Interstate 410 and Rte. 90. This is one of the original Q Areas built by the Pentagon back in the late 1940s and 1950s for the storage and assembly of nuclear weapons.

Local lore has it that the underground portion is very large. I have been told that the underground base is very deep and cold, for whatever reason. The National Security Agency (NSA) also has a major presence at the Medina Annex with thousands of personnel. I have on occasion driven by the Medina Annex on Rte. 90 and the base has a very dark, ominous presence.

Camp Bullis
, in northwest San Antonio, Texas, not too far from Interstate Highway 10. This is an Army training base, immediately adjacent to neighboring Camp Stewart, another Army base that keeps a much lower profile. I have been told that the Camp Bullis/Camp Stewart reservation is the site of an underground base.

Fort Hood
, near Killeen, Texas, 70 miles north of Austin. This was also the site of one of the original Q Areas. I have been told that the area of Fort Hood, and the former Killeen and Gray Air Force Bases, are the site of a secret underground complex. I communicated with one ex-Fort Hood soldier whose duty area was at a checkpoint two miles inside a tunnel leading to an underground area, near the former Gray Air Force Base.

Here are the miliary bases:

http://militarybases.com/texas/

Is all that red in Texas for red necks? Red necks aren't liberal are they?

Edited by me-wonders
  • Like 1

Secession will never, ever happen.

Texas, that's the geographic area we're speaking of, can't self subsist, let alone thrive.

The voters of that great state, understand that.

OP = moot point

• Like 1

"Secession petitions filed in 20 states"

http://news.yahoo.co...-190210006.html

Cormac, Simbi, and me-wonders, your states had citizens signing petitions as well. Apparently, similar events occurred in '04 and '08.

Edited by Cybele
  • Like 1

Oh great, all we need is another Civil War. :td:

Oh great, all we need is another Civil War. :td:

War's good for the economy and the people who bankroll your president and politicians, and at least if it's a civil one America isn't invading someone else's country.

• Like 2

"Secession petitions filed in 20 states"

http://news.yahoo.co...-190210006.html

Cormac, Simbi, and me-wonders, your states had citizens signing petitions as well. Apparently, similar events occurred in '04 and '08.

And it didn't get anywhere in '04 or '08. We're still here.

cormac

• Like 1

Does this answer your question?

http://theintelhub.c...y-bases-part-2/

Here are the miliary bases:

http://militarybases.com/texas/

Is all that red in Texas for red necks? Red necks aren't liberal are they?

Thanks.. it does...

Actually I was just stirring because I find it interesting how when people don't get their way their responses are fight, flight, or switch off without even fully understanding what it is they are so annoyed over..

• Like 1