Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas FORMALLY requests secession

Simbi Laveau

Only .002% of Texas' population have signed so far. Newsworthy, maybe. Troubling, not really. A "take notice" for Obama, hopefully.

But, let them check out each signature, anyone over 13 can sign.

Give Obama 4 more years and see how those signing petitions in the listed states feel then, may get better or worse.

Some were angry and vocal and adamant wanting change 4 years ago. And now when people speak out against the government, the same criticize like it's something new and shouldn't be allowed or is crazy talk?

Edited by QuiteContrary

The federal government has to acknowledge the petitions, the individuals who wrote and signed it. The state isn't involved.'now more than ever our country needs strong leadership from states like Texas' Perry says. He's neither endorsing it not supporting it, he's giving a politicians answer.

Did you read the article ? The request was written by governor Perry's secretary ,and it was adressed to the Whitehouse.

Since when does the governor acknowledge everything the public asks for,in that way ?

Almost never ?

And it didn't get anywhere in '04 or '08. We're still here.

cormac

Texas has asked to secede twice already ? Well this is a no brainer then.

I don't see the federal govt ,entertaining this from any,state ...so...

Long island ny wants to BE a separate state .

They should request it . They really do get shafted .

Does this answer your question?

http://theintelhub.c...y-bases-part-2/

Here are the miliary bases:

http://militarybases.com/texas/

Is all that red in Texas for red necks? Red necks aren't liberal are they?

This is exactly the question I was asking in the other thread (in which this question has also been chewed over at length). Would the Republic of texas just expect to take over all the military facilities, including Nukes, and expect the U.S. Govt. to hand them over with a smile and a handshake for the cameras?

I signed the petition

So what do you hope to be the benefits, if it ever was to come to pass? If it's not (as I presume people would insist most stringently) just so you wouldn't have to pay taxes and be ruled by a Marxist, what do you see as being the benfefits that an independent Texas would bring?

This is exactly the question I was asking in the other thread (in which this question has also been chewed over at length). Would the Republic of texas just expect to take over all the military facilities, including Nukes, and expect the U.S. Govt. to hand them over with a smile and a handshake for the cameras?

Probably not, in fact knowing the military there won't be a Texan on any Texan base within the next three months. Just before independence the whole shebang will be moved north leaving a few guns and old tanks.

• Like 2

Oh Texas is such a drama Queen, she does this every few years for attention.

• Like 1

I signed the petition

why?

What does Texas prodcue that means if it does end up federated it doesn't become a third world country within a decade?

If the Governor went all "formal" with this - can he be, I don't know tried for "treason" against his constituents? I highly doubt .002 % of the population is representative of what the majority would like. Is this the job he was hired to do? Or is he grandstanding for his own reasons rather than the best interests of ALL the people in his state?

It's not just Texas and this news has been posted already -

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=237531

I realize it is not just Texas, I participate in the "Conch Republic" party every year (Key West succession) but Texas seems to try and pass this initiative more than any other state.

Of course EVERY major population and money center in Texas voted BLUE. Yes...

Travis Co (Austin)

Bexar (San Antonio)

ALL the southern pennisula counties (Houston+)

El Paso (El Paso)

Dallas (Dallas)

TexasMap.jpg

Tahdah! So everyone who thinks we're just painting everything red to cover up all out Romney/Ryan signs can now see, we're a divided state jut like many others. It just so happens a majority of the people prefer the Republicans then the Democrats.

• Like 1

Did you read the article ? The request was written by governor Perry's secretary ,and it was adressed to the Whitehouse.

Since when does the governor acknowledge everything the public asks for,in that way ?

Almost never ?

I honestly don't see that in the article, if you would point it out to me? Though I did read this from his press secretary: "Gov. Perry believes in the greatness of our Union and nothing should be done to change it. But he also shares the frustrations many Americans have with our federal government. Now more than ever our country needs strong leadership from states like Texas, that are making tough decisions to live within their means, keep taxes low and provide opportunities to job creators so their citizens can provide for their families and prosper. We cannot allow Washington’s tax and spend, one-size-fits-all mindset to jeopardize our children’s future, undermine our personal liberties and drive our nation down a dangerous path to greater dependence of government." If I was a betting woman, and I'm not saying I am, I would bet Perry doesn't publicly endorse secession.

• Like 2

We in Britain have not liked the last two Govt,s and we have a good moan about it,but we dont get Counties (states) shouting for home rule,its time for the Texan grumblers to pull their socks up and face facts,if they had put in a good candidate instead of messing about with "Mitt" (what kind of a name is that),they may have had a Rep President.Just because Obama is saying its time to tighten belts doesnt make him a bad President as if "Mitt" had won,he would have had to do the same thing.

• Like 1

http://www.dallasnew...se-response.ece

Texas has asked to secede before ,or has dalied with the notion .

This request actually came from governor Rick Perry ,and this is the moron who lost to Obama last time.

Sour grapes .

(Yes I know he didnt run against him,but he was the candidate that was the comic relief of the last election)

These idiots do realize they will now all need passports ,to go into other states if they do this..

I think its time for Obama to tighten immigration laws,and see how they like it,if they need a visa to visit relatives in other states .

Morons .

Passports may be a small price to pay for autonomy. Anyone who doesn't like it can, in fact, move out of Texas to another state.

If the Governor went all "formal" with this - can he be, I don't know tried for "treason" against his constituents? I highly doubt .002 % of the population is representative of what the majority would like. Is this the job he was hired to do? Or is he grandstanding for his own reasons rather than the best interests of ALL the people in his state?

No, especially not in Texas that reserved the right to secede from the Union at any time it want according to the treaty when they joined. Formally every State can leave the union if it gets a majority in a referendum.

• Like 2

We in Britain have not liked the last two Govt,s and we have a good moan about it,but we dont get Counties (states) shouting for home rule,its time for the Texan grumblers to pull their socks up and face facts,if they had put in a good candidate instead of messing about with "Mitt" (what kind of a name is that),they may have had a Rep President.Just because Obama is saying its time to tighten belts doesnt make him a bad President as if "Mitt" had won,he would have had to do the same thing.

Ehm... you seem to forget Scotland in this mess, which certainly wants independence. The USA is a union of States...just a few more than Britain.

Ehm... you seem to forget Scotland in this mess, which certainly wants independence. The USA is a union of States...just a few more than Britain.

Scotland can have it,as far as i'm concerned and the sooner the better.We can bin the Union Jack and fly the Red Cross of St. George over England.

It's funny, I've had to search down the page of our Houston TV news website to find even mention of this secession petition.

If the map in this thread is correct, it appears the areas with the highest population in Texas voted Democrat. Harris County (Houston) and Dallas County (Dallas).

The rest of the state has far fewer people.

"In terms of raw votes, 70 percent of the Democratic gains are accounted for by just four urban counties: Dallas, Harris, Travis and Bexar. Those counties witnessed minority population gains of 1,575,723 from 2000 to 2010."

"Texas is becoming more diverse every day," said Democratic consultant Paul Begala, a Houston native. "In time it will look more like a Barack Obama state than a Rick Perry state."

http://www.chron.com...lue-4026956.php

Good luck with that petition, it ain't gonna happen.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Ehm... you seem to forget Scotland in this mess, which certainly wants independence.

Alex Salmond wants independence. The scottish people have yet to vote.

Alex Salmond wants independence. The scottish people have yet to vote.

Same is true for Texas. Only the name of the goon is not Salmond.