Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery of the Sphinx

Big Bad Voodoo

How were the massive 200-ton limestone blocks lifted and stacked five high to build the Sphinx Temple? John Anthony West and a team of seismologists, headed by Boston University's Professor Robert Schoch, discovered a square cavity directly beneath one of the paws of the Sphinx. According to the experts, it does not appear to be a natural formation. Could this be the Hall of Records of Atlantis? Includes the facts about this amazing mystery along with a fascinating series of spellbinding interviews with researchers, scientists and the best-known most credible ancient authorities in the world today.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DieChecker

• Big Bad Voodoo

• Mnemonix

• Bling

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the space near the paw was confirmed by small drilled holes to be a natural hollow in the local limestone bedrock. AFAIK, it has been investigated and shown not to be a Hall of Records. Anyway, the Hall of Records is not supposed to be under the Sphinx... the tunnel to the Hall of Records is what is supposed to be located near the Sphinx.

This should be interesting.

I read there is an 800 ton stone block which was moved from a quarry a mile away at an ancient site.

I thought the space near the paw was confirmed by small drilled holes to be a natural hollow in the local limestone bedrock. AFAIK, it has been investigated and shown not to be a Hall of Records. Anyway, the Hall of Records is not supposed to be under the Sphinx... the tunnel to the Hall of Records is what is supposed to be located near the Sphinx.

i also thought this had come to pass already

At 08:18 it sounds, to my ears, that Heston says that West needs a lie. Well, I can't argue with that, for his theory is a huge lie. However, this is an entertaining documentary, even with the bias towards the alternaviks.

At 08:18 it sounds, to my ears, that Heston says that West needs a lie. Well, I can't argue with that, for his theory is a huge lie. However, this is an entertaining documentary, even with the bias towards the alternaviks.

He said, "West needed an ally...a recognized expert..."

Modern scienftific theories have so many holes in them. Even though he sometimes strays afar, he has a good amount of ideas I can get behind.

I thought the space near the paw was confirmed by small drilled holes to be a natural hollow in the local limestone bedrock. AFAIK, it has been investigated and shown not to be a Hall of Records.

It was and you're right.

This vapid crockumentary dates from the early 1990's.

Harte