Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

78975.jpg

Zoser30.jpg

So then we ignore the visual similarities between these two cases? You can't pick and choose, any criteria you incite needs to be uniform across the board.

*Phoenix lights and Yuma Arizona case, respectively.

I quite agree with you STF and I wouldn't dream of cherry picking cases; you know what my response is:

Neither of the above pictures are flares. The Phoenix lights were not and neither were the Yuma lights. Not one shred of proof supports that.

The announcement from the military makes me smile, but that's it.

Edited by zoser

So then we ignore the visual similarities between these two cases? You can't pick and choose, any criteria you incite needs to be uniform across the board.

*Phoenix lights and Yuma Arizona case, respectively.

Keep in mind that zoser still isn't convinced about the Phoenix Flares either...

Edit: Nevermind, he spoke for himself... :P

Edited by booNyzarC

Keep in mind that zoser still isn't convinced about the Phoenix Flares either...

Yes that's true, but can I add that neither were scores of witnesses convinced by the PL either but not to get lost in another case.

BTW the Yuma footage is actually nothing like the PL if you look carefully.

Also we have solid witness testimonies on the Yuma case as well!

Go to Google Maps and enter 32.866436, -114.385992 in the searchbar.

Just wondering what is that round thing sitting on the N-S taxiway at Yuma Proving Ground?

Edit to Add: http://www.sott.net/article/242397-NASAs-Yuma-UFO-Spotted-on-Google-Maps

Edited by synchronomy

Yeah but the problem with the word UFO is that anytime its mentioned people naturally think alien. So wouldnt it be best to just leave that word out of it and write it off as flares or chinese lanterns or whatever. They should just go directly into the house and never speak of it again. because the likelyhood is that it was actually flares. :yes:

There is one aspect of UFOlogy that I admire and often gets overlooked. That is the desire to find out what these unknowns are. If everyone ignored the phenomena with a 'it's probably nothing' attitude we'd never know what these things are. I don't agree with the methodology used by most UFOlogists nor the propensity to project ET onto every little light in the sky however I think the phenomena is legitimate enough to warrant more attention. It also warrants a better dissemination of research results to the general public. There are still a lot of people who don't even know what atmospheric plasmas even are, let alone the characteristics they exhibit that makes them a prime suspect for some UFO reports. And who knows? There may just be that needle in the haystack out there that could lend some much needed credibility to the ETH. :tu:

Just wondering what is that round thing sitting on the N-S taxiway at Yuma Proving Ground?

Edit to Add: http://www.sott.net/...-on-Google-Maps

Can't access it on my antique Pentium 4 laptop. Can you Snagit for me please Synch?

I'm still not convinced that zoser is being altogether objective either however I do try to give him the benefit of the doubt on occasion. ^_^

There is one aspect of UFOlogy that I admire and often gets overlooked. That is the desire to find out what these unknowns are. If everyone ignored the phenomena with a 'it's probably nothing' attitude we'd never know what these things are. I don't agree with the methodology used by most UFOlogists nor the propensity to project ET onto every little light in the sky however I think the phenomena is legitimate enough to warrant more attention. It also warrants a better dissemination of research results to the general public. There are still a lot of people who don't even know what atmospheric plasmas even are, let alone the characteristics they exhibit that makes them a prime suspect for some UFO reports. And who knows? There may just be that needle in the haystack out there that could lend some much needed credibility to the ETH. :tu:

I agree with a lot of what you say; however atmospheric plasma seems to me as ephemeral as ET itself. I haven't seen any myself.

Do you have any pics?

I'm still not convinced that zoser is being altogether objective either however I do try to give him the benefit of the doubt on occasion. ^_^

I can assure you that I have a deep seated conviction that what we are seeing has no trivial explanation. I'm not trying to be pushy or win arguments. That's not what I am here for. Something is going on. The last three or four cases to me are incredible:

Yuma

Denbigh

Fraserburgh

Myrtle Beach

Serious investigation is warranted not immediate dismissal imho.

• Like 1

I give him 10/10 for enthusiasm!

• Like 2

I agree with a lot of what you say; however atmospheric plasma seems to me as ephemeral as ET itself. I haven't seen any myself.

Do you have any pics?

hessdalen2.jpg

Synch that's a brilliant find well done. Whatever it is on the runway it could well be the culprit; ET or not.

I was hoping to get a "street view" but that's wishful thinking on an air base.

It almost looks like a parachute or perhaps a balloon ready for launch.

I was hoping to get a "street view" but that's wishful thinking on an air base.

It almost looks like a parachute or perhaps a balloon ready for launch.

Here's one response on youtube:

The "Strange object" is only a Sikorsky Sky Crane. What appears as 24 blades is in fact only six rotor blades with white rotor tips tips. The illusion of extra blades is an artifact of the camera that took the picture. The orangish color at the center of the rotor disk inticates it is probably one of Erickson Air Crane's firefighting water tankers.

hessdalen2.jpg

Cheers STF. I'm happy that this is what it's claimed to be. Although I can see how folk could get excited.

Edit to Add: http://www.sott.net/...-on-Google-Maps

I think I've seen that before, I think they decided it was some sort of target for calibration of satellites and/or aerial cameras, painted onto the runway.

Cheers STF. I'm happy that this is what it's claimed to be. Although I can see how folk could get excited.

It is equally fascinating to me as much as the prospect of alien visitation. It might just be my inner nerd however the thought of some unknown spontaneous energy that could possibly be utilized for our benefit amazes me. It has a Star Trek kind of quality to it.

Here is another image of a plasma that is astounding. :tu:

lights1_0001.jpg

It is equally fascinating to me as much as the prospect of alien visitation. It might just be my inner nerd however the thought of some unknown spontaneous energy that could possibly be utilized for our benefit amazes me. It has a Star Trek kind of quality to it.

Here is another image of a plasma that is astounding. :tu:

lights1_0001.jpg

Nice pic. If I were to ask the obvious though; how can one tell categorically that it is atmospheric phenomena?

Nice pic. If I were to ask the obvious though; how can one tell categorically that it is atmospheric phenomena?

Project Hessdalen is one group dedicated to researching these particular phenomena. What they have found so far indicates an earthly explanation.

Whether or not we can tell if a UFO report is a plasma or not is a little more complicated. Thus the need for as much information and detail for every account as possible to make a determination if it is or isn't plasma. That is, if plasma is a possibility to begin with.

Sorry for going OT a bit there zoser, I'll let you get back to your discussion of whatever case you deem appropriate. I just wanted to let it be known that if something unexplainable in the sky isn't ours it doesn't by default mean it is theirs. :tu:

• Like 1

Some more pics of the three sightings offered for comparison purposes:

Fraserburgh:

UFO%2BOver%2BFraserburgh%252C%2BAberdeenshire%252C%2BScotland%2B%2528Edt%2Bw%2BCred%2529%2B10-13-12.jpg

Yuma:

Zoser30.jpg

Denbigh

zoser40.jpg

• Like 1

Project Hessdalen is one group dedicated to researching these particular phenomena. What they have found so far indicates an earthly explanation.

Whether or not we can tell if a UFO report is a plasma or not is a little more complicated. Thus the need for as much information and detail for every account as possible to make a determination if it is or isn't plasma. That is, if plasma is a possibility to begin with.

Sorry for going OT a bit there zoser, I'll let you get back to your discussion of whatever case you deem appropriate. I just wanted to let it be known that if something unexplainable in the sky isn't ours it doesn't by default mean it is theirs. :tu:

You make some good points; cya later.

How often does this phenomena show itself??

Some more pics of the three sightings offered for comparison purposes:

Fraserburgh:

UFO%2BOver%2BFraserburgh%252C%2BAberdeenshire%252C%2BScotland%2B%2528Edt%2Bw%2BCred%2529%2B10-13-12.jpg

Yuma:

Zoser30.jpg

Denbigh

zoser40.jpg

Those pics are very similar other than that the top one has 5 lights while the others have 4. Do you think that could be because of the angle the pictures were taken at?