Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ron Paul's Farewell to congress

OverSword

So long Ron. You did a fine job! :tsu:

from the article:

This may well be the last time I speak on the House Floor. At the end of the year I’ll leave Congress after 23 years in office over a 36 year period. My goals in 1976 were the same as they are today: promote peace and prosperity by a strict adherence to the principles of individual liberty.

It was my opinion, that the course the U.S. embarked on in the latter part of the 20th Century would bring us a major financial crisis and engulf us in a foreign policy that would overextend us and undermine our national security.

To achieve the goals I sought, government would have had to shrink in size and scope, reduce spending, change the monetary system, and reject the unsustainable costs of policing the world and expanding the American Empire.

The problems seemed to be overwhelming and impossible to solve, yet from my view point, just following the constraints placed on the federal government by the Constitution would have been a good place to start.

http://lewrockwell.com/paul/paul829.html

• Like 5

If only he could have influenced more...

• Like 1

Did he get voted out or is he just retiring?

Also, the subtitle song off this thread always seemed to me to be the tune to play when you're happy to see someone go. JMO

Oversword, nm what I said above. Thought you liked Ron. We posted at the same time. Why'd you snip that?

I didn't back everyone of his ideas but if he had of been the republican candidate I would of voted for him.

• Like 3

Can't say I really knew much about him. I know I liked some of his ideas but I still do not like most on that side...It was nice to see him take a stand this last go around. I wonder if the Libertarian Party would have gotten more votes if he ran on that card. A lot of Ron Paul supporters around here.

Ron Paul is the man. He has helped open my eyes to many of our governments tyrannical ways. He will be missed. He is the one guy in government to whom I can say thank you for a job well done. To bad he wasnt 20 years younger.

Now that he is leaving, there isnt anyone I can trust in congress.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 3

[media=]

[/media]

Great guy, too bad we don't have more like him. He would've been a good president.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 2

Can't say I really knew much about him. I know I liked some of his ideas but I still do not like most on that side...It was nice to see him take a stand this last go around. I wonder if the Libertarian Party would have gotten more votes if he ran on that card. A lot of Ron Paul supporters around here.

Neither did he.

Too bad he's leaving..

I'm not even american, but this guy really seemed like the only one who made any sense..

• Like 3

I can't say I agree with all his ideas, but the man has always seemed to be consistant in his views. Not in an obstinate way, but true to his values.

It's hard not to respect that, especially in a climate of political flip-floppery.

• Like 1

I like Ron Paul, but then every now and then he gets up in front of the camera and goes way out into never, never land. Still, you gotta love the guy.

Ron Paul "We need an intelectual awakening...."

Oh hell yeah..!

We should really look at integrity to being a corto value to consider when voting for a new electorate. It absolutely baffles me the huge support that still goes behind leaders who have blatantly lied to their populace.

Ron Paul would have changed America, for the better I think. It is an utter shame he never got the chance to show true change. Though it is the ideas he has planted that really matter. It is only a matter of time before we get some trees going.

This is probably my favorite quote from his speech today:

"Why is patriotism thought to be blind loyalty to the government and the politicians who run it, rather than loyalty to the principles of liberty and support for the people? Real patriotism is a willingness to challenge the government when it’s wrong." --Ron Paul Nov. 14, 2012

• Like 4

This is probably my favorite quote from his speech today:

"Why is patriotism thought to be blind loyalty to the government and the politicians who run it, rather than loyalty to the principles of liberty and support for the people? Real patriotism is a willingness to challenge the government when it’s wrong." --Ron Paul Nov. 14, 2012

respect to him for that.

Goodbye, Dr. Paul. :cry:

Oversword, nm what I said above. Thought you liked Ron. We posted at the same time. Why'd you snip that?

Because I didn't feel like arguing about the delusion most people live in. And yes, I meant that song the way you read it.
  • Like 1

I didn't back everyone of his ideas but if he had of been the republican candidate I would of voted for him.

That my friend is all of the proof anyone should require to figure out the goal of the republicrat...errrr..demicans...uuummmm..right wingers wasn't victory. The PTB rewarded the lap dog in chief for a job well done fetching thier slippers and bringing them the wall street journal by giving him 4 more years as the countries main distraction from reality.. Edited by OverSword

Did he get voted out or is he just retiring?

Also, the subtitle song off this thread always seemed to me to be the tune to play when you're happy to see someone go. JMO

He's retiring. Hope his son Rand doesn't let everyone down. He's a question mark right now, but I think when push comes to shove, Rand will do the right thing like his dad.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

He's retiring. Hope his son Rand doesn't let everyone down. He's a question mark right now, but I think when push comes to shove, Rand will do the right thing like his dad.

By the right thing do you mean making people feel that there is actually someone in the federal government working in the interest of the people while actually doing nothing? Perhaps he could audit the fed, wouldn't that be something? :tu: