Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My dad is creeping me out

gowings83

Well thanks so much for this, doing whatever, nothing happened last night, all was fine for the both of us :)

the haunting usually lessens or goes away when you ACKNOWLEDGE its presence.....

the haunting usually lessens or goes away when you ACKNOWLEDGE its presence.....

i don't mean to sound rude.. but, I've never heard that one before.. I've never seen any true haunting go or lesson.. if only it was that simple?..

• Like 1

Let me just say that I have no idea why anyone would pick on anybody here considering this is a "Unexplained Mysteries" site????

Anyways, I can really relate to this because my dad just passed away October 23rd of lung cancer that went to the brain. He had just been diagnosed with this too just a short 2 weeks before his death. I have been living with my dad, i'm a single mom of 2 kids and 1 on the way due april 1st....and my dad is my best friend and wanted to help us. Anyways, i was by his side when he took his last breath and it was the hardest thing ive ever had to go through, I tried bringing him back but it didn't work. We didnt have cable or anything before he passed but I had to get them installed because it was so quiet in here that at night I would get so creeped out that I would just cry. It's like I want to see him but I don't want him to just pop out of nowhere.... I always talk to him, hoping he hears me, when I leave I say "bye dad" and same when I come home "hi dad"..... I felt his presence here strongly after he passed but for some reason I don't really feel his presence here anymore, I don't know why that is.... maybe he crossed over???

Let me just say that I have no idea why anyone would pick on anybody here considering this is a "Unexplained Mysteries" site????

Anyways, I can really relate to this because my dad just passed away October 23rd of lung cancer that went to the brain. He had just been diagnosed with this too just a short 2 weeks before his death. I have been living with my dad, i'm a single mom of 2 kids and 1 on the way due april 1st....and my dad is my best friend and wanted to help us. Anyways, i was by his side when he took his last breath and it was the hardest thing ive ever had to go through, I tried bringing him back but it didn't work. We didnt have cable or anything before he passed but I had to get them installed because it was so quiet in here that at night I would get so creeped out that I would just cry. It's like I want to see him but I don't want him to just pop out of nowhere.... I always talk to him, hoping he hears me, when I leave I say "bye dad" and same when I come home "hi dad"..... I felt his presence here strongly after he passed but for some reason I don't really feel his presence here anymore, I don't know why that is.... maybe he crossed over???

• Like 1

i don't mean to sound rude.. but, I've never heard that one before.. I've never seen any true haunting go or lesson.. if only it was that simple?..

LOL 4Real. Me neither. Just on tv when they "bring in someone to do a cleansing" of some sort, but I believe that is a faith-healing type scenario where the dwellers, residents (LIVING ones LOL) BELIEVE so strongly that their place has been abolished of spirits, that they put off an "unwelcoming" type environment, -or if you believe "it is all in their heads" then it can still be explained as a placebo/faith-healing effect.

But in the only couple places I've known personally that were haunted, NO SOLUTIONS WORKED. It seemed like the more they did or messed with it, the more power it got from them.

• Like 1

This can be looked at several ways, is your son sick? he have an illness? Wouldnt hurt to do a yearly check up for him. Take a look at the surroundings of your son, his room, his friends, shool (if old enough). Sounds like he is worried about your son. Are you sure the kid is yours? Get tested if unsure, and lastly i know it sounds stupid to most people, next time he is around just ask, Why are you here? communicate with him. When you go to sleep for the night try thinking about him maybe signs will show up in the dreams. He obvisouly isnt going to hurt anyone, so just try to get a feel of whats going on. Pay attention to smells and any other small details that your normally overlook.

Edited by MidKn13ght

I don't think spirits would hear you when they are in the process of healing on the otherside...he is on his own journey now!

My dad has been around a lot the last few days, he passed away 4 years ago today (Nov. 12). Since then I've seen him a few times in my sons room who was born 6 months after he passed. He was just standing there looking at him. Anyways, here's the background leading up to lately. My dad loved my ex to death, thought she was just the greatest. We seperated in August (she left me on his birthday.....go figure) She cheated on me and went with the other guy. Now, I've finally gotten together with somebody else. Last Saturday we were at a friends watching her daughter. We were in the bedroom, sparing all details she told me today she felt like being watched. Also there was random banging in the apartment at first, nothing was out of place and the child was sleeping. So this morning I'm laying in bed texting my girlfriend and out of nowhere I hear a whisper in my head, my dad saying my name. Then my ex tells me she saw him last night in my sons room again, just sitting on the bed watching my son. I tell my girlfriend about this and she told me something REALLY creepy. Obviously she's never met my dad so had no clue what was going on or who it was. This is what she sent me.

I was outside having a smoke and my phone apparently died, so i put it out and went inside. I plugged in my phone and it said it was mostly charged. I left it plugged in anyways and then it shut off again. My blanket started moving while I was sitting in bed, like being pulled off of me so I looked up. He was standing there. My phone shut off again, so I got p***ed and said "what do you want?" He left.

So she had no clue who this person was at the time, I emailed her a picture this morning and she said that's who the person was.

I don't know what to make of this, does he not like her or something. I'm thinking of maybe trying to "talk" to him, let him know what's going on. Just hope he hears.

Any ideas anybody? Me and my girlfriend are completely lost for what's going on.

Why not get a medium in and find out what he wants?

Apparently. Your dad wants something. Have you thought about trying an evp session and trying to discover what he wants?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

It was interesting reading your post and all the answers you got.

I definitely believe in ghosts.

I had a similar experience.

My boyfriend and I had a huge fight and were pretty close to breaking up.He kinda cheated on me and Ive never been so upset before.Anyways after hours and hours of fighting we kinda calmed down a little bit and I allowed him to stay in out apartment for the night.But he had to sleep on the couch.After we went to bed/ couch (sometime in the middle of the night) I heard noises from the kitchen and heard /saw that my boyfriend turned on the living room light.He then turned it of again but after a few minutes I heard a loud bang from the kitchen and then what sounded like footsteps. My boyfriend turned the light back on and I asked him what he was doing and he told me (scared.i could hear that in his voice) that he heard footsteps coming towards him and it felt that somebody was with him in the room.I immediately had the feeling that it was my dad,who passed away when I was a little girl.I didnt say amything to my boyfriend but I asked my dad to stop & that i know it is him and that hes probably upset about my boyfriend cause he hurt his little girl.i told him that he scared him enough and my boyfriend already felt bad enough about the situation(it was the first and only time i saw my boyfriend cry this day). And you know what?It stopped.no more footsteps,noises or feelings that somebody was with us.