Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Airship to conduct aerial search for Bigfoot

Saru

Sakari: Is question time with Dr. meldrum officially over? Are you able to confirm?

It seems that way, his last response was on the 8th.

It speaks to the growing gap between research and the general public. I must say, I am no fan of it. Ivory tower syndrome?

• Like 2

It speaks to the growing gap between research and the general public. I must say, I am no fan of it. Ivory tower syndrome?

Can this venture be described as "research"? There is not even the pretense of scientific objectivity. With the "response crew" stacked with Bigfooters the Falcon Project is little more than Finding Bigfoot with the addition of a camera attached to an R.C. blimp. It's entertainment designed specifically for television. Since Bigfoot is hot, Hot, HOT they will surely get more than $300K for the television rights alone which actually makes the Falcon Project a good investment and they don't even need to find Bigfoot any more than Finding Bigfoot does. Genius...

Personally, I can't wait for the book:

sasquatchii.jpg

• Like 4

Can this venture be described as "research"? There is not even the pretense of scientific objectivity. With the "response crew" stacked with Bigfooters the Falcon Project is little more than Finding Bigfoot with the addition of a camera attached to an R.C. blimp. It's entertainment designed specifically for television. Since Bigfoot is hot, Hot, HOT they will surely get more than $300K for the television rights alone which actually makes the Falcon Project a good investment and they don't even need to find Bigfoot any more than Finding Bigfoot does. Genius...

Personally, I can't wait for the book:

sasquatchii.jpg

Hi NW

That is seriously funny. No wonder you keep upsetting these Bigfooter types.

I hope Dr Meldrum see's the lighter side of it. Funny, I just watched "Part One" :D the other day again. I just cannot help by smile when I see Henner. I do not think I will ever get over his claims of Bigfoot Orgies and their dietary nuances as well as a fetish for tickling and wrestling. Peacock was a favourite food wasn't it :w00t: (Not in "Part One" but Henner's face just makes me think of Bigfoot orgies now)

Good God, that man has some wild claims!

Cheers.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Hi NW

That is seriously funny. No wonder you keep upsetting these Bigfooter types.

I hope Dr Meldrum see's the lighter side of it.

Good to see you back on the Crypto-boards, psyche - I was beginning to think we had lost you to the Little Green Men crowd...

With Bigfoot - if you don't have a sense of humour about it then, seriously, what have you got?

Anyone up for some Yowie hunting in S.E.Q. in December? I'm putting together an international expedition featuring researchers from British Columbia - a kind of Sasquatch-Yowie cross-convention in the field. Seriously. PM me if genuinely interested.

Good to see you back on the Crypto-boards, psyche - I was beginning to think we had lost you to the Little Green Men crowd...

With Bigfoot - if you don't have a sense of humour about it then, seriously, what have you got?

Anyone up for some Yowie hunting in S.E.Q. in December? I'm putting together an international expedition featuring researchers from British Columbia - a kind of Sasquatch-Yowie cross-convention in the field. Seriously. PM me if genuinely interested.

Any specific qualifications that you are looking for? Just asking out of curiosity as I couldn't possibly afford a trip to Oz any time soon.

Make sure you spill the details here after your trip though, I'd be mighty interested in hearing about it. :tu:

• Like 1

Funny, I just watched "Part One" :D the other day again. I just cannot help by smile when I see Henner. I do not think I will ever get over his claims of Bigfoot Orgies and their dietary nuances as well as a fetish for tickling and wrestling. Peacock was a favourite food wasn't it :w00t: (Not in "Part One" but Henner's face just makes me think of Bigfoot orgies now)

Good God, that man has some wild claims!

Yeah, Bigfoot has tremendous appeal because it is both fantastic yet strangely possible - a little something for everyone. The best writers of Bigfoot lore often bring out the best in the mystery by neglecting the important aspects which give greater context and clarity to the phenomenon. Like the "nuttiness" (for want of a better word) from people who otherwise appear very credible and like in that photograph I posted of the skookum site. That single photograph provides the clearest picture of the context of that find far more so than all the diagrams of Bigfoot reclining in the mud and fancy words why it just couldn't be anything else but Bigfoot. Why wasn't that photo (or any photo of the actual site) included in any pro-Bigfoot analysis/discussion on the Skookum cast?

In this respect, Bigfoot is very much an illusion. Look here! Don't look there! Look here... Bigfoot is over here...

Here's where it gets even more interesting: Are such vital omissions made consciously or otherwise? Does Bigfoot constitute a cognitive blindspot?

Any specific qualifications that you are looking for? Just asking out of curiosity as I couldn't possibly afford a trip to Oz any time soon.

Make sure you spill the details here after your trip though, I'd be mighty interested in hearing about it. :tu:

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. If you don't go you'll never know, right?

I will post details should I return alive...

Edited by Night Walker
  • Like 1

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit!

I may just have to steal that quote, if you don't mind. :lol::tu:

• Like 1

Go for it...

Ya know, i'm thinking to me "Big Foot" doesn't sound too far fetched from a lot of other stuff that people believe in. However, where in the hell does a ton of 10 foot ape lookin things hide?! They obviously don't like being seen.... I wouldn't want to be seen by humans either if they live in the woods they probably have watched men hunt for animals and are basically scared. If they are not scared how do the people on the show not know if they are hostile or not and wont come out of the woods and rip their heads off, how do we know they're not meat eaters??? Just wondering....... :huh:

Yeah, Bigfoot has tremendous appeal because it is both fantastic yet strangely possible - a little something for everyone. The best writers of Bigfoot lore often bring out the best in the mystery by neglecting the important aspects which give greater context and clarity to the phenomenon. Like the "nuttiness" (for want of a better word) from people who otherwise appear very credible and like in that photograph I posted of the skookum site. That single photograph provides the clearest picture of the context of that find far more so than all the diagrams of Bigfoot reclining in the mud and fancy words why it just couldn't be anything else but Bigfoot. Why wasn't that photo (or any photo of the actual site) included in any pro-Bigfoot analysis/discussion on the Skookum cast?

In this respect, Bigfoot is very much an illusion. Look here! Don't look there! Look here... Bigfoot is over here...

Here's where it gets even more interesting: Are such vital omissions made consciously or otherwise? Does Bigfoot constitute a cognitive blindspot?

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. If you don't go you'll never know, right?

I will post details should I return alive...

And yet all the Footers in the world cannot make this simple admission :D Beautifully put BTW.

PM sent. Hopefully we will both come back alive! :D

Sakari: Is question time with Dr. meldrum officially over? Are you able to confirm?

I will send a email and see......

I typed that from work.....

When I got home, and after some Salmon fishing, I decided I am done emailing him. If he was interested he would discuss it. He knows the link, and has a membership.

I do not want anyone thinking I am klssing their ass to have the " privilege " of them in a discussion.....

Not saying Jeff would think this, but I do.......

Don't worry though, I am sure we will all see something soon from the project, something with a " best footage ever " in the headline, with a " documentary movie coming out soon " to follow.

I can now point out, the other guy ( his name is at the start, the guy running the project ) only talked to me in emails when he thought I was thinking about donating money. And, he answered emails right away, several of them........Butttttt.......Once he realized I was not doing that, ( donating money ) and just wanted him to also join the discussion, or answer a few questions via email, he never replied to my emails at all.

At least Jeff did, although I can see exactly where that project is, with that kind of behavior. I would hope Jeff stops that crap.

" no money, no talk "

:yes:

Edit to add / fix :

Here is his name and information ( from the story Saru posted ).....If you doubt what I was saying, try it......Email about possibly donating, you will get a fastg reply, and very polite.....But, once no money is in the discussion any longer, the discussion ends.......Pretty sad.

William Barnes (williamallenbarnes@yahoo.com; 435-230-0351)

Edited by Sakari

Is this going to be you're first time out looking?

No. Looking for Yowies has been my hobby for the last 4 years. Although I usually go by myself company is always welcome...

I never had much success at learning anything new until I found others to go with. Psyche101 would be a good candidate to go with you, he's world famous for discovering the ulta-elusive Hobo-Sapien Robustus. :lol: (j/k P101). You'll have a blast with others to learn from, and them from you. You may not find evidence of a primate, but I garauntee you'll learn, and hopefully discover, something new about the world we live in.

Go for it...

I'm sticking that in my Sig too!

Very catchy.

At least Jeff did,

I'm just happy he showed up and answered questions at all. That is a Damn sight better then anyone else has ever done. I give him big time Credit for that!

He still has a Membership here, and I think sending him PMs would be the way to go for those who "Really, really" have to know something. PMs should be routed to whatever email address he joined with.

• Like 1

I'm just happy he showed up and answered questions at all. That is a Damn sight better then anyone else has ever done. I give him big time Credit for that!

He still has a Membership here, and I think sending him PMs would be the way to go for those who "Really, really" have to know something. PMs should be routed to whatever email address he joined with.

I agree with this 100%

It is the other person in the project I was refering to, and the project itself in my opinion.

I got the feeling that unless you're willing to underwrite the cost of his project, you shouldn't bother.

Yeah, he showed up and answered a few questions and that's better than some I've encountered over the years. However, he is trying to get funding.....what's the old saying? "Money talks and BS walks." If he's going to get it off the drawing board and into reality......then into the air, he needs money. Talk and all that is nice but it don't turn dreams into reality.

Also Meldrum was recently featured on "Finding Bigfoot"........I didn't catch all of it as I was preoccupied while the show was on, but I seem to recall them saying something about his project as well. So he's working all the angles for funding, which I can't say I blame him for doing.

I got the feeling that unless you're willing to underwrite the cost of his project, you shouldn't bother.

Yeah, he showed up and answered a few questions and that's better than some I've encountered over the years. However, he is trying to get funding.....what's the old saying? "Money talks and BS walks." If he's going to get it off the drawing board and into reality......then into the air, he needs money. Talk and all that is nice but it don't turn dreams into reality.

Also Meldrum was recently featured on "Finding Bigfoot"........I didn't catch all of it as I was preoccupied while the show was on, but I seem to recall them saying something about his project as well. So he's working all the angles for funding, which I can't say I blame him for doing.

No, the Falcon Project wasn't mentioned on FB. But I did feel a convenient reciprocity. Meldrum got some air time and in turn he "confirmed" the bigfoot print that even Cliff (of all people) wasn't sure about.

Oh ok, well it always sounds so much more official if you express some doubt and then have a guy with a Doctorate tell you your only mistake was you thought you might have been wrong. Interesting they didn't mention his project in exchange for his "expert opinion".

Oh ok, well it always sounds so much more official if you express some doubt and then have a guy with a Doctorate tell you your only mistake was you thought you might have been wrong. Interesting they didn't mention his project in exchange for his "expert opinion".

No, but he got some air time and publicity. A name, a face, a lab, a university, a Dr, an expert. We know who he is now.

Give them time to possibly bring up The Project or at least use Dr. Meldrum more?

Edited by QuiteContrary

Yeah, true. I think I recall he eluded to having to consider what his backers wanted to do with the video rights, or something to that effect. So, he could have a deal in the works for his own TV special and possible off shoot show. Hey, from I understand "Finding Bigfoot" Is way up in the rating on "Animal Planet".

Yeah, true. I think I recall he eluded to having to consider what his backers wanted to do with the video rights, or something to that effect. So, he could have a deal in the works for his own TV special and possible off shoot show. Hey, from I understand "Finding Bigfoot" Is way up in the rating on "Animal Planet".

You would think that Animal Planet, being a part of the Discovery Channel family would be interested in education. Apparently not so much.

According to their online mission statement, “Discovery Communications is committed to supporting the extension of science, environmental and other educational programs in the U.S…. and promoting the value of nonfiction content and documentary filmmaking across all genres.” Unfortunately, Discovery’s new Animal Planet programming sensationalizes and humanizes nature at the expense of education, science and the environment. It’s a trend that hurts both animals and the planet.

http://www.freeradicalsmag.com/2009/10/14/animal-planet-a-world-of-awful/

The article describes Animal Planet fairly well and covers a lot of reasons why I don't watch it any more.

Yeah, I guess Ranae is supposed to cover their butts.

Even reality shows are fake, TV isn't a reliable source for much of anything.

No, but he got some air time and publicity. A name, a face, a lab, a university, a Dr, an expert. We know who he is now.

Give them time to possibly bring up The Project or at least use Dr. Meldrum more?

Maybe you two thought NW was joking with his book reply......

Matt Moneymaker ( Head of BFRO, Finding Bigfoot ) is arguing with the guys on the falcon project, hes says it will not work......Go back a couple pages and read again....

Moneymaker wrote us the following statement in an email regarding Meldrum's Falcon Project:

Their blimp project won't work (been there, done that, in 2003). There's a few factors that make their project problematic:

In order to zoom in well from a safe altitude, the thermal must be a very big unit, like the type used on police helicopters. But those are heavy units, which means these guys will need a pretty big blimp ... which means they need to cart many big tanks of helium around with them, because they'll need to deflate the blimp every night (been there, done that) unless they walk it into a hangar every night.

It doesn't take much wind to blow away a blimp. Simply anchoring it to the ground only works if there's no strong breezes. Otherwise the blimp will be torn apart at the moorings.

Moreover, the police-chopper thermal units with zoom are very expensive, and they are kinda fragile. That's a big problem because it's almost certain that their unmanned blimp is going to have some rough landings, if not full on crashes. A blimp can be repaired in a few hours but a big expensive thermal camera will not be fixed that quickly.

The guy wants to use a blimp because he thinks it will be more quiet than a helicopter. He doesn't understand the reality there: In order to fly the blimp around it will need one or more propellers and those definitely make noise .... maybe not as loud as a helicopter but they are not what you'd call quiet.

Matt

Falcon Project Team Responds To Matt Moneymaker

A few days ago, we published an opinion by Matt Moneymaker regarding the Falcon Project. Moneymaker criticized the project and said he "sees many problems with their project". Falcon Project team members decided to respond with the following statement after reading our blog post titled, "Matt Moneymaker on Meldrum's Falcon Project: Their blimp project won't work":

In Response to Moneymaker's Critique of The Falcon Project

The members of The Falcon Project would like to thank Matt Moneymaker for all of his efforts and contribution to the Sasquatch research community over the years. Through his effort and the creation of the BFRO (Bigfoot Field Research Organization), many people have been informed of current events in this field of research. Moneymaker's dedication to the research of Sasquatch has paved the way for many, from all walks of life, to get involved; this has expanded the community of researchers. He has also generated much media attention on the topic, which has created the perfect climate into which The Falcon Project could be birthed.

Since Moneymaker’s deployment of a tethered balloon approximately 9 years ago, the technology for both airships and imaging available for such an undertaking has changed significantly. By 2010, when William Barnes (founder of The Falcon Project) began this endeavor, he was able to source out an airship and imaging system with broadcast quality much superior to what was available when the first attempts at this type of project were made.

Technology grows by leaps and bounds in just a single year. The scale and capabilities of..................................

<a href="http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2012/11/falcon-project-team-responds-to-matt.html">http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2012/11/falcon-project-team-responds-to-matt.html

Reply above was made 5 days ago.......

As I said, they do not have time to respond to real questions here, or through emails.....They only have time to advertise, and bicker between " popular " Bigfoot " specialists " to get that free advertisement, and hopes of funds....

I am excluding Jeff Meldrum from these comments, ( for now ) I am talking the person I had named all ready on a previous post.