Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Homeless man died watching Twilight

DKO

A 23-year-old quietly drank himself to death after sneaking into a screening of Twilight: Eclipse in Wellington.

Damian Anthony Smythe's death was "a sad and tragic loss of life of a person so young", Wellington coroner Ian Smith said.

Smythe was described in the coroner's report as an unemployed man with no fixed abode.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/7969341/Homeless-man-died-watching-Twilight

It's sad someone died but i'm sorry the title cracked me up. :D

Yes, I always thought death was preferable to watching Twilight. :whistle:

• Like 3

A 23-year-old quietly drank himself to death after sneaking into a screening of Twilight:

He was just dying to see it.

• Like 3

The movie can't be that bad?

Really, if it wasn't a twilight film would the story be so "hilarious"? If it was your kid brother, or your kid? Have a little empathy people.

• Like 4

Ashame someone drank himself to death. What a sad life to live. I feel sorry for his family. This time of year with the holidays upon us. Rest in peace.

• Like 2

Someone died watching Avatar.

I wish I would have. That once one of the most horrible pieces of crap to be released in years. For shame, James Cameron. For shame... :no:

• Like 1

I read all those books and went to see the first film and wanted a drink. Lots of them.

But this is sad. Poor guy.

Be more fun to die during the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

The movie isn't THAT bad guys. I was forced into watching the first part one because it would mean a lot to the person I was watching it with (she loves twilight unfortunately). There was a lone balding guy in the cinema we dubbed "forever alone guy" (he came there on his own initiative, he derserves to cop something). I cracked up at the part she was giving birth to the demon child amoung other things. It actually gave way to some fond memories. Just look at things in a different light, even if they are a cancer to society.

Edited by Orcseeker