Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Geithner: Lift Debt Limit to Infinity

OverSword

This kind of thing makes me lose all hope for my country. We are run by A) idiots, or B) evil people trying to destroy us.

From the article:

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said Friday that Congress should stop placing legal limits on the amount of money the government can borrow and effectively lift the debt limit to infinity.

On Bloomberg TV, “Political Capital” host Al Hunt asked Geithner if he believes “we ought to just eliminate the debt ceiling.”

“Oh, absolutely,” Geithner said.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/treasury-secretary-geithner-lift-debt-limit-infinity

The definition of an idiot: Keep on doing the same expecting different results.

• Like 3

Never feel responsible again!

Are you saying follow the governments example and have no personal fiscal responsibility? Good point if that's what you mean.

Are you saying follow the governments example and have no personal fiscal responsibility? Good point if that's what you mean.

No, I meant the government itself. Fiscal cliff looming? Get rid of it! Other political party wants to hold you responsible for things? Get rid of them! The people who elected you into office expect you to care about them and not your 'political career!? Who do these people think you are? A huma... I mean, of their political persuasion? Nooooo, protect your ass, then listen to your people.

• Like 1

Funny how when a Republican is in the white house deficits don't matter but when a Democrat is in the White House its the end of the world as we know it. Hypocracy at its finest with the Tea Partiers.

Well there's a difference between having to up the deficit because of events byond your control and then there's saying "you know how we have no money? Lets just make more money".

• Like 2

Funny how when a Republican is in the white house deficits don't matter but when a Democrat is in the White House its the end of the world as we know it. Hypocracy at its finest with the Tea Partiers.

For one thing this president has run up a deficit larger then all the other presidents and did it during a shrinking economy. So say what you want, but until this guy realizes where the money he is spending comes from we are all in for a bumpy road. look at this link it is called responsible spending something the current admin. could learn from.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesglassman/2012/07/11/the-facts-about-budget-deficits-how-the-presidents-truly-rank/

• Like 1

The definition of an idiot: Keep on doing the same expecting different results.

Isn't that also the definition of insanity?

The tea party started under Bush. But dont let facts get in the way. After all, we must all do our part to make sure we the people stay divided.

• Like 3

Absurd.

You're saying that before now, there has never been any argument made for debt reduction by any Republican.

Just ask Bill Clinton if this is true.

Harte

Wow. How do you make that reply from an article (you didn;t read I'm quite sure) about the secretary of the treasury wanting to eliminate a limit on how much money the government is allowed to borrow. And by the by, when the government borrows money it is you and I who pay it back, not the government. But no big deal right? After all by the time the current debt is paid you will already be dead so what's the problem with chaining a few more generations to our irresponsible fiscal habits, right?

Isn't that also the definition of insanity?

No, that's looking for hair on the other side of the hand you're looking at.

• Like 2

Wow. How do you make that reply from an article (you didn;t read I'm quite sure) about the secretary of the treasury wanting to eliminate a limit on how much money the government is allowed to borrow. And by the by, when the government borrows money it is you and I who pay it back, not the government. But no big deal right? After all by the time the current debt is paid you will already be dead so what's the problem with chaining a few more generations to our irresponsible fiscal habits, right?

And where were you and the rest of the Tea Partiers were when Reagan,Bush Sr and Bush Jr were running up record deficits? But go ahead keep deflecting and making escuses. Because you and the rest of the Tea Partiers won't adress it or can't answer it. Until you can answer why you and the rest were not protesting when Reagan and both Bushes ran up record deficits you and the rest are nothing more than HYPOCRITES.

And where were you and the rest of the Tea Partiers were when Reagan,Bush Sr and Bush Jr were running up record deficits? But go ahead keep deflecting and making escuses. Because you and the rest of the Tea Partiers won't adress it or can't answer it. Until you can answer why you and the rest were not protesting when Reagan and both Bushes ran up record deficits you and the rest are nothing more than HYPOCRITES.

One last time. Try to let it sink in. The tea party movement started under BUSH.

• Like 1

If there’s one article of faith in Washington (and elsewhere), it’s the idea that the United States might get into a debt crisis if it doesn’t get its fiscal house in order.

This is not true.

The reason why it’s not true is because we live in a fiat currency system, where the United States government can create an infinite number of dollars at no cost to meet its obligations. A Treasury bill is a promise that the government will give you US dollars–something that the United States government can produce infinitely and at no cost.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/pascalemmanuelgobry/2012/10/19/no-the-united-states-will-not-go-into-a-debt-crisis-not-now-not-ever/

It's true the USA GOV can keep on printing but only as long as their currency US$ is used to trade Petroleum.

Dense Matrix, where were you when we were all b****ing about government spending under Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush? Or maybe you're just one of those dumb people they made the joke about:

Q;What do you call someone who wins an argument with a liberal?

A; A racist.

Why are you calling me a tea partier? Tell me, instead of further accusing me and others of things you have no proof about or real reason to say. Do you agree with Geitner that the government should have no limit to how much debt they can get you into? Should they just be able to spend spend spend without any real way to ever pay the money back? A simple yes or no will be fine, but if you feel the need go ahead and elaborate, I could use a laugh.

• Like 1

That's all history and I was either too young or not interested and ignorant of such things at the time. I'm sure many of these guys here were complaining at the time. Today though is our concern. Your ruler just happens to be a part of an ongoing wreckless growth of irresponsible government. Everybody knows he didn't start it. We do know he is all too happy to continue with it in more grandiose fashion. Your gripes aren't going to be taken seriously because we all know how blind you are. You never ever have any concerns about the current administration. Ninja at least claims to but will never address the issues. That's not much but it's leaps and bounds above any progress you'll ever make. Question for you... How many websites with commentary do you belong to? I have a feeling it is many. I also have a feeling you jump into them as sporadically as you do here adding similar amounts of extremely biased substance. Doesn't it get lonely under your bridge?

• Like 1

I'm going to ask my credit card company if my borrowing limit can be raised to INFINITY.

Dr_Evil.jpg

That is so funny! Thanks, Hasina!

And it will keep me laughing in my old age. I'm part English, you know.

ya that should work . . endless all consuming debt.. why didn't someone think of it sooner?

Edited by lightly