Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

To Everyone Who Has Ever Judged Christians

QueenoftheNight

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jrl0469

• QueenoftheNight

• SilverCougar

• Stellar

It is indeed tragic that people judge all of Christianity on the actions of a few. My mum does it. I never realised she was so anti-Christian until I got into a (small) argument with her over the values of being a Christian. I think she judges all of Christianity on the crusades and the many horrible and hypocritical things people have done in the name of the religion. It is the people who do those things, not God (who/whatever God is)

For the first time ever I went to Church yesterday, knowing and understanding what it represents. I have no intention of converting (I'm agnostic) but my friend invited me. And you know what? They were all great. I swear I shook hands with just about everyone there and my friend introduced me to so many people. However awkward it felt to be singing along to hymns that professed one's happiness at choosing the path of Jesus, I still enjoyed myself and it was an interesting experience.

Not only that but afterwards I went back to my friend's house and for an hour and a half I asked them questions about Christianity. I now now what it means to be Christian and really admire them for their beliefs as they in no way tried to convert me but willingly answered all my questions. I respected them and they respected me.

I don't understand how some of you don't consider yourselves Christians. I decided to look up the definition of the word -

As an adjective, "Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus. "

As a noun, "One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.

One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus."

If you do that, you're a Christian. But then, another friend also said that you must accept the Bible as truth so, I guess I'm not sure.

You all should understand that the denomenations are very different. It's silly, I know, but it's true.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the rules by which Christians live by outlined in Psalms? Therefore they are inspired by God, not man.

thumbsup.gif

original.gif

Potholer

If you do that, you're a Christian. But then, another friend also said that you must accept the Bible as truth so, I guess I'm not sure.

Most of the disareement concerning that 'truth' is by those who believe it to be true, but disagree on what that 'truth' actually is or means.

You all should understand that the denomenations are very different. It's silly, I know, but it's true.

See above statement. tongue.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the rules by which Christians live by outlined in Psalms? Therefore they are inspired by God, not man.

There is only one rule: Forgiveness. It is what makes a Christian a Christian. Without forgiveness it is just so much religious hocky.....but then that is already covered in another thread. grin2.gif

i am only antagonized at the christians that go around calling people a "wanna be goth kid" just for asking about the third antichrist and revealing their birthday

Edited by themannamedpatty

Well.. your avatar and sigline pictures don't help much either ;P

heres my standings on religion

1st of all, i do not believe in it

2nd of all, i frankly feel people who believe in it, for the most part, are "lazy" thinkers

and 3rd of all i dont think religion dictacts what kind of person you are, i mean i do not believe in any religous anything and yet i probably am one of the nicest people you'll meet, where as there are preists who...well you know what im talking about

451420[/snapback]

It's easier to enter into sin than it is to attempt to follow in a straight path. How is that lazy? I suggest those who are not religious are lazier to that degree.

i am only antagonized at the christians that go around calling people a "wanna be goth kid" just for asking about the third antichrist and revealing their birthday

453457[/snapback]

You appear to be interested in Satanism, among which antichrists, etc. and walk among the darkside...among which, Satan and the antichrist originate in Christianity. So, I'd suggest you get used to people's resistance and refusal to allow you to influence their downfall.

I'd like to clear up any misconceptions about Satansim.

Satanism has nothing to do with Christianity's Satan. It is just another religion. The two are linked in the same way that Christianity is linked to Buddism.

Catrat posted more indepth about it on this thread -

Christianity and Satanism are unrelated. The Christians did not create the word Satan I think it came from Greek or Latin, maybe someone can help me with that. I can probably talk to a couple of my friends who are satanists later, one of them owns a copy of the Satanic Bible by Anton Lavey even! But another one who calls herself a 'nihilistic satanist' basically told me the other day that Satanism is about doing what you want, but realising that what you do could lead you in a bad way. So it's like, if you want to murder someone, do it, but realise that if you do murder someone, you will most likely go to jail, and that is not good, so really it's better not to murder someone. So in other words it's about embracing the 'Satan' in you, or doing as you desire. Not feeling remorse is also a part of it, and the golden rule of Satanism ironically enough is:

"Do unto others as they do unto you"

All this crap about dancing around fires and chanting about demons and summoning Satan, well I'll admit, some people do it, but that is not Satanism. It's a media-created perception of Satanism, in the late 80's to early 90's that was paticularly popular to look on Satanists as 'devil-worshippers', if you watch some TV from that time I'm sure you'll understand what I mean.

Link

And of course wikipedia

Now that we have that cleared up original.gif

joc-

Most of the disareement concerning that 'truth' is by those who believe it to be true, but disagree on what that 'truth' actually is or means.

Indeed, like when one verse in the bible is pitted against another to support or oppose a point of view.

Ok. I know alot about Christianity(the religion) and its othodox face. What do you people think of the Gnostic version of it?

I personaly found its to be better for the soul., and on is able to fufill spiritual developement.

Plus no one ever killed anyone in the name of Gnostics. In the meantime Orthodox has been responsible......yea you get the picture.

Im not trying to step on toes . Its just how I look at it.

"Good and Evil hide behind the same Cross"

My two cents: grin2.gif

Originally I believe Christianity might have been pure, but greed and lust for power changes that.

Some religions are started out of greed, or need for power, like when Henry the eigth started his own church.

Jesus, Buddha Sintra, Buddha Tara, Aradia.... whoever, are all Spirirtual Teachers, elightened whatever the place or time.

Their messages were all the same, but the places and cultures differed, resulting in different religions.

But man warps their words, twisting them for their own purposes. Some words may be erased, like Christs words, "The greatest temple is the one inside your minds" something like that.

Those deleted phrases were deleted so the church was needed desperately in the hope for your salvation. The populace could not believe that God needed no proxy.

All the strictures against piercing and cross dressing were written by a man who thought them distasteful, and to discourage freedom of thought.

Now the basic idea of Christianity is beautiful, Heaven, purity God etc.

But the embelishments make it less so.

All religions are similar in the base, the root. Be kind, generous, and their will be happiness for you and a good afterlife.

Also, the idea of Satan or Lucifer was coined long since the beginning of the religion, he was called Crenous(sp), and was a merry woodland man with the leags of a goat aand horns on his head.

He was from an Earth religion-like the Green Man and The Mother Goddess-since they were competeing for worshippers they turned the merry God into an evil Demon.

Now the Christians have many prophesies, Gods words. Yet they fear the witch's foretellings.

A St was supposedly able to levitate, yet that was fine. A witch was evil.

Ther is a line in the bible that states, "Thou shalt no suffer a which to live."

And the prosecuetion of midwives, priestesses, healers root from this.

They were afraid of the unseen, and were afraid of female power.

I admit some men were killed in "The Madness" that was the Inquisition, but few.

The Christian and catholic faith is male orientated, very unempowering for women.

"The first sin was intercourse", and it was Eve's fault, Adam had none to do with it.

In the Hebrew Bible Lilith was the first woman. She was made from dust as was Adam, and would no let him dominate her, so she flew from Paradise.

She was said to have become a Demoness, that eats children.

Eve was made from Adam's rib, so she would be subordinate.

It is also said men are like adam, and women are like eve, ever sinful and weak.

The Curse of Blood-periods-are only given to sinful women, yet men did squark about the first born son and hate the barren women.

The over and over derogatory words spilling from Biblical pages was part of what sent me from Christianity. Feeling lesser doesn't serve me.

Love is also a sin, yet since without it the human's would become extinct it is tolerated, and also because none would follow Chritianity for long if they totally prohibited sex. laugh.gif

Things must change to suit a changing world. Luckily-if VERY slowly-the faith is changing, Gay bishops, women being considered higher. The face of the religion must change, or it will fall.

More and more teens are going to Paganism because they will not bend to the strict rules of Cathloism.

The rise in Wiccans, witches etc is astronomical. And continues to rise.

Kids have found an alternative, a freeer way.

Now this is not meant to be cruel, all is true, and I do not say Christians are greedy and cruel people.

Thay are just humans, like veryone else, with human weaknesses and jealousies.

also the loving heart and soul.

Lucifer was the roman god of the morning star. They took Satan's (Satan means advisary) from Pan/The Horned God/Satyrs/Cernnunos.

Lilith is a Babalonian goddess, who was taken by the Judiac people.. turned her into what she's more widly known as now.. more then likely out of spite and hatred of the Babalonians.

Believe What Jesus Has Said In His Own Words

How do you know what Jesus said? The gospels were 3th or 4th hand information! As for your being good, there were good Nazis and Commies (no I am not comparing Xianity to them) so that really doesn't reflect on Xianity! no.gif

I'd like to clear up any misconceptions about Satansim.

Satanism has nothing to do with Christianity's Satan. It is just another religion. The two are linked in the same way that Christianity is linked to Buddism.

Now that we have that cleared up original.gif

joc-

Indeed, like when one verse in the bible is pitted against another to support or oppose a point of view.

453862[/snapback]

Ugh, Satan is from Christianity. The name Satan was given him after him being named Lucifer, the guardian-cherub (who walked among the fiery stones of Eden), and becoming corrupt in all his original creation as an angel of God. Satan was involved among widespread trade and became corrupt on account of his pride. God then cast him and made a fire engulf him. He became prince of the earth, in which Adam and at the time of being a cherub, or, Lucifer, were both created in perfection to worship God. Adam then obeyed another being aside from the only Highest ruler, God, and so Lucifer, being the tempter and corrupter, was cast as Satan, and became our master on account of Even and/or Adam obeying him.

Jesus, however, being God, came down as a man, with man being slave to sin as long as he lived until he died, and by being the only, true, and Highest entity of all, God himself, being made man, he single-handedly became the one perfect man who lived, never sinned, and died without ever being mastered by sin, or Satan. As a result, from the point before this while every man ever alive was sinful and evil (even the first man Adam--so, no man ever lived without being a slave to sin), God himself, who we were driven from because of serving another master, Lucifer (now Satan, aka the devil--who is no longer anybody's master because God crushed his head), came back to claim what was his. He had to become man and be the one and only man who was never mastered, and, God, being the one true Highest being, could only do so--the one true being, Creator, and higher than Satan himself.

Moreover, with this being said, him dying and never being mastered by sin, he was able to the be the only clean man to die and so enter into heaven. He made himself an escape route for mankind--we are all evil, however, the one man who was not is the one truth we can recognize and believe in that man is not destined to die and be condemned, living in his sins, because, in fact, not all men have done this. Having a fellow man, our Lord Jesus Christ, who finally made it into heaven, and undid the sinful works of everyone by being the first to live and die without sin, is, in fact, the only perfect man worthy of being in heaven, and standing before the Father. Moreover, he can argue our case, because he is worthy. Nobody else can argue for their sins, or pay for them, because they are already sinful and so condemned. Only one without sins can stand before God and justify anything to Him--Jesus.

So, all who believe might be saved.

Moreover, Satan is absolutely nothing in power because Jesus Christ crushed all such authority. People who give into temptation and sin are rejecting heaven, because Jesus is the only one there, and without entering that narrow path, the one man our of all men, there is no one else--or, no other route. You have to be perfect to enter into heaven, and so, if one of our fellow men did this, you can put your trust in him (or, Him--being that is was Jesus.) Jesus and the Father are one.

And Lucifer's name was taken from the Roman God of the Morning Star... which is accually Venus...

... no wonder why he liked that job... yeowzah...

Christservant -

Yes, Satan is from the bible. But Satanism is not that Satan. They are unrelated except by name. Does that make sense?

2nd of all, i frankly feel people who believe in it, for the most part, are "lazy" thinkers

and 3rd of all i dont think religion dictacts what kind of person you are, i mean i do not believe in any religous anything and yet i probably am one of the nicest people you'll meet, where as there are preists who...well you know what im talking about

451420[/snapback]

Wow that means I'm a LAZY thinker... with a Ph.d in Science

Dr. Jason L.

creation scientist

451420[/snapback]

Dr. Jason L.

creation scientist

455514[/snapback]

Theres a science behind creationism blink.gif

Theres a science behind creationism  blink.gif

Creation Science

I don't know I just did a google search and it came up tongue.gif

Theres a science behind creationism  blink.gif

Creation Science

I don't know I just did a google search and it came up tongue.gif

455563[/snapback]

Well now, look at that... such a very detailed site... laugh.gif

Yes and I have a Ph.D in it ... but its no use battling people like you because no matter how stupid and ignorant I can show the theory of evolution to be you are going to have FAITH in it because to realize its a fantasy is to face your SIN!

even Stephen Hawking has come to the conclusion that God exist...is he stupid?

or how about Sir Isaac Newton...if the Atheist on this board really knew science they could come to no other conclusion than that God does exist and He created everything ! This board isn't the best place to debate the so called 'SCIENCE" of evolution its best done in an open oral debate but I can't find one single scientist to debate me in public because most of them no that the can't win ...I've even offered the 10 againt 1 odds and they still won't do it. Most colleges forbid Prof's

to debate Creationist in public because when the truth comes out many lose their research grants for misleading people about the scientific proof of evolution

Jason L.

Creation Scientist

the best trick Satan ever pulled is convincing the world he didn't exist!

451420[/snapback]

Dr. Jason L.

creation scientist

455514[/snapback]

Theres a science behind creationism blink.gif

455523[/snapback]

Yes and I have a Ph.D in it

You have a Ph.D in creationist science? What school did you attend?

but its no use battling people like you because no matter how stupid and ignorant I can show the theory of evolution to be you are going to have FAITH in it because to realize its a fantasy is to face your SIN!

So I dont suppose you'd be willing to prove how creationism is science in Aquatus' thread, are you? If you're not, dont try to claim its science.

even Stephen Hawking has come to the conclusion that God exist...is he stupid?

Are you stupid? Intelligent design is not the same as creationism. Did Hawking say he disbelieves evolution and thinks the world was created ala genesis? I dont think so.

or how about Sir Isaac Newton...if the Atheist on this board really knew science they could come to no other conclusion than that God does exist and He created everything !

How'd you get that PhD? Copied your answers from the guy beside you?

This board isn't the best place to debate the so called 'SCIENCE" of evolution its best done in an open oral debate but I can't find one single scientist to debate me in public because most of them no that the can't win ...

What a crock of sh**.

I've even offered the 10 againt 1 odds and they still won't do it. Most colleges forbid Prof's

to debate Creationist in public because when the truth comes out many lose their research grants for misleading people about the scientific proof of evolution

Or do you simply cover your ears and go "LALALALALLALA IM NOT LISTENING LALALLALALAA" and then when they get tired of talking to you, you declare victory?

Listen, it seems that you'd rather sit there attacking peoples beliefs rather than proving your claims... I honestly doubt you're telling the truth. Your arguments in your previous thread left much to be desired. When I saw you in the Alternate History forum, titling yourself as a "Creation scientist" I thought "Hey, maybe he'll actually be fun to debate with... maybe he'll bring facts to the table instead of the common crap." I was wrong. Your first post was filled with errors, such as when you said mitEve being dated to 6500 years ago, and your first post had such a "holier than thou" attitude, I thought I'd regret posting in it. It ended up being closed cuz, well, it was a ****ty and poorly thought out post.

I see a bunch of people claiming creationism is science, but none of them seem willing to back it up... they go around saying "WELL, IM NOT GOING TO TALK TO YOU YOU DEVIL WORSHIPPER" or "WELL, ITS NO USE TALKING TO YOU BECAUSE YOU WONT ACCEPT FACTS".

What FACT's ? and where are my errors in the MIT-EVE post ?

455592[/snapback]

Ahh, so you didnt even read the replies to it? Go find your post and read it again, I've pointed out all the errors.

For instance, you said science dated mitEve back to 6500 years ago... which is wrong. science dates it to 150 000 years ago.