Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Knowing the mind of God

Grandpa Greenman

I respect the way you "feel'. But I personally would give much more credit to the doctors and nurses who saved your life.

If god had existed he would not have put you in that position in the first place....and then he sends his angels in to save you?? This sounds like a typical story of someone trying to take the credit for being the saviour when in fact he was originally the instigator.

Oh i give all physical credit to the doctors for saving my life And the australian health system. A triple by pass, intensive care, many doctors and nurses, nearly 3 weeks in hospital total, and it never cost me one cent.

As stated, they are the best in australia, and thus among the best in the world.

You misunderstand me. God gave me a prophetic warning of my heart condition. It was undetectable until i went into hospital, but the doctors said i would have been dead in a month or two from a massive heart attack, if i hadn't presented to hospital to get checked out.

Second, i was alone 400 miles from home and anyone i knew. I was a bit nervous, as the doctors had explained i could well die in the op (and indeed my father did later die while having a similar but less severe operation on his heart)

So god sent a angel with a bible which opened to the words "have no fear. No harm shall come to you, for I am with you" The angel, in the guise of a handsome young man in an expensive business suit, walked out onto an isolated fifth floor balcony and disappeared. Right then and there I just knew i would be fine. My loneliness and any worry simply disappeared, and i was as happy as Larry. When my parents and wife came over for the op they couldnt understand why i was so unworried.

A number of other people i have spoken with had very similar encounters with angels in that ward and almost every one was addressed by the same words, and given the same sense of comfort. .

This was only one of many major instances where god intervened directly to save my life, among other things. I dont know why, but I sure do appreciate it. And remember I have an ongoing physical personal relationship with god which i became aware of in 1972, even though it had begun when i was younger without me realising, and was over 30 years long by this time.

What i mean here is that god had saved my life a number of times in childhood/ young adult hood, and directed it onto certain paths, but i had not connected the dots until god physically manifested to me in 1972, and within a relatively short space of time many things became clear. What i had always considered psychic warnings, and messages giving me directions in life, were now clearly emanating from a cosmic consciousness most people know as god.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

Mr. Walker, I'm a little envious of your certainty. I get the within and without, certainly I believe there is something greater than me of which I am a part of, a sort of informed energy in which we swim and that swims in us. However, I can't make the leap necessary to call it God, I don't know what to call it other than informed intelligence/divine/spirit. I guess one of the positive aspects of my uncertainty is that it keeps my mind open to all of the infinite possibilities, so I'm good with that. And maybe one of the most important things about this God/informed intelligence is not it's existence, but who we become and the choices we make when we partner with it.

• Like 3

Mr. Walker, I'm a little envious of your certainty. I get the within and without, certainly I believe there is something greater than me of which I am a part of, a sort of informed energy in which we swim and that swims in us. However, I can't make the leap necessary to call it God, I don't know what to call it other than informed intelligence/divine/spirit. I guess one of the positive aspects of my uncertainty is that it keeps my mind open to all of the infinite possibilities, so I'm good with that. And maybe one of the most important things about this God/informed intelligence is not it's existence, but who we become and the choices we make when we partner with it.

"god" is just a word. The great spirit, the spirit that moves through all things, etc etc.

• Like 2

Mr Walker sir, you say "God gave me a prophetic warning of my heart condition. It was undetectable until i went into hospital," this warning, was it like some sort of pain in the heart region, cos if it was, then I would say it was your body telling you. But can you tell who he told you.

You are correct. I choose to call it god in conversation with others because, for most, that makes sense to them. To me it is "the cosmic consciousness", an alien entity or construct. It might even be a constructed artificial intelligence which interfaces with other self aware intelligences, by design. God is just a label.
  • Like 2

You are correct. I choose to call it god in conversation with others because, for most, that makes sense to them. To me it is "the cosmic consciousness", an alien entity or construct. It might even be a constructed artificial intelligence which interfaces with other self aware intelligences, by design. God is just a label.

Time, the universe and nature are my gods if a label had to be put on them. But why should they be labelled with another word when they already have their own? it only confuses those who do follow one, you are either a follower of god or you are not. I am not, so when referring to what I do believe in, I use the words which we know them as. The word god general, as far as I am aware, refers to a religious aspect, so why use a religious word to describe things which are not religious?

Mr Walker sir, you say "God gave me a prophetic warning of my heart condition. It was undetectable until i went into hospital," this warning, was it like some sort of pain in the heart region, cos if it was, then I would say it was your body telling you. But can you tell who he told you.

There were no physical indicators of any problem which would have alerted me or a doctor except a shortness of breath which could have been caused by many things. God had 9about a year earlier) sent me a phrophetic dream which warned me of three future deaths i faced. By heart attack, fire and faling from a cliff.

All three over time (the next three years) came into physical existence and the scenes in the dream appeared in my real life. At that time in each case, god verbally and visually jogged my memory about the prophetic dream, so that i saw the dream scenario unfolding in real life. In each case i was able to take evasive/preventative action to save my life. In each case god continued to monitor intervene, direct, guide, and help me. God also does the same in many other cases; warning me of imminent and long term dangers. He has warned me of at least three impending fatal traffic accidents, allowing me to avoid them.

In day to day life he directs me to parking spaces, opens up new checkouts as I approach, guides me to money or anything else I am seeking, warns me of dangers, and sort of operates as an extension of my consciousness, so that I am integrated into the environment around me (In eastern terms like extending your chi)

Time, the universe and nature are my gods if a label had to be put on them. But why should they be labelled with another word when they already have their own? it only confuses those who do follow one, you are either a follower of god or you are not. I am not, so when referring to what I do believe in, I use the words which we know them as. The word god general, as far as I am aware, refers to a religious aspect, so why use a religious word to describe things which are not religious?

Because that is the nature of humans. To catalogue, label, and create taxonomies. If i called it the great spirit an indigenous american would understand; if i called it the sky spirit, a mongol would understand; If i called it gaea, a gaean would understand; but i live in a culture predominately abrahamic, so the abrahamic god is the best reference point for me and for others i talk to, even if they dont believe in it.

"God" is not religious. Humans create religions around it. I am not religious, I just live with god. Also I am not scared of god or angry at him, nor do I hold prejudiced views either way about god. So i don't have any hang ups about using the label.

Edited by Mr Walker

i don't see god as having a mind. if we want to go that route i would suggest that if you want to know the mind of god learn the mind of your fellow human.

that force that some call god is inside each of us in our potential, beliefs, actions, dreams, hopes and fears.

i am suggesting that we are what god is made of not necessarily that we are god, so talons in please lol

i don't think it's important that you call it god or not. what is important is that you are aware of that energy. what's in a name?

I think you cannot learn what's in God's mind, because His nature and existence can't be understood, let alone accepted, by humans. Even if He showed in front of us with His true form, He would be questioned by (almost) everyone, because His glory is too great to be known perfectly by the human mind . But, everyone has the ability to understand and fulfill His words. He came to Earth many centuries ago to help us with a form, we could see and accept, making us realize the true meaning of Life (which is Love). But if we meditated on a regular basis, in my opinion we would be much closer to God and by that way we would learn more about Him...

In day to day life he directs me to parking spaces, opens up new checkouts as I approach, guides me to money or anything else I am seeking, warns me of dangers, and sort of operates as an extension of my consciousness, so that I am integrated into the environment around me (In eastern terms like extending your chi)

Many would just call it luck and being in the right place at the right time, but if you feel you are just not that lucky that something had to have helped you, then thats fine by me. As for the opening up of checkouts, well, I must say that has happened to me a few times, but did god do it, no, the lady who worked there did because the queues were getting long.

As for parking spaces, we can ALL find one when we are all looking hard enough, even if it means a bit of a walk.

That depends on the god but it wouldn't really be all powerful if everyone knew what it were thinking. A god reads our minds, not the other way around (according to popular literature but really...it's just a book, believe it if you will)

If we were to know the mind of a god, we'd know everything, the secrets of life, the universe, why we are what we are, why humans are the 'Chosen' species etc.

P.S; When someone mentions god, don't automatically assume that it's a discussion about the Christian God, if any Christians want to talk about their god, better to call him Yahweh or Jesus because it's gets annoying when the topic refers to 'a god' but then someone deviated it by instantly quoting Christianity. That's the problem with Yahweh being called 'God', it confuses the **** out of people sometimes.

I cannot for the life of me see how the Bible, or the Qur'an or the Tanakh or the scriptures of Vishnu or anything else would be the way for us to get to know the mind of God. Surely if such holy texts were the word of God, they wouldn't be as disputable and easily manipulated as they are...it's the word of god for ****s sake, it should be amazing and mind blowing...but it's not.

Better yet, I can't see why an entity, malevolent and powerful as it is, would tell a few farmers or scribes in ONE place on Earth their holy and authoritive words and then expect it all to go plain sailing from there. Any smart god, you know, the kind that makes planets and universe and all those other wonderful things; I'd like to think they would kill time and a LOT of dispute by simply telling us all the message.

Edited by Sean93

Because that is the nature of humans.

"God" is not religious. Humans create religions around it.

That is the nature of some humans.

As for god not being religious??? so you are saying god came first then humans worked round it? I interpret this as god created the universe then man theory?

The Romans and the Greeks created their gods based on the sun, moon, sky, etc etc etc the god there did NOT come first. If it were not for their trying to understand the forces behind nature, they would not have invented a god. As is stands, in the end they got rid of all those they believed in to end up following one which was a Hebrew god, had they wait a little longer, science would have given them many of the answers to their questions.

Edited by freetoroam

Why get bent out of shape over the word "God" but agree there is a cosmic consciousness, and say that IT is the same thing. Apprehension to a word, when you understand the meaning is very strange. Why not call God, God? Oh, Great Spirit, just sounds better. Whatever.....

We are too concerned with being offended than allowing God to actually work in our lives. Does it feel like a sharp blade in your heart when you come across religious concepts? Maybe because God is powerful and is stirring something up in you. God, The Great Spirit, Cosmic Consciousness, is knocking at your door, not to upset you, but to enlighten you. Please get over yourself.

• Like 1

EDIT to change my mind, I couldn't be bothered going into a long conversation again lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

To keep this debate right... we need to discuss more about mind... not god.. first v need to understand the mind, as of now we use very less part of it... so can't we say that if we start use 100%, v know our mind or god.

Its just really obvious that we as a species have a long way to go, in understanding the mind of God. But do know it is available to you, you can start studying, praying, meditating, learning from others, analyzing your own heart, talking to God (or whatever you want to call IT) ask for guidance etc... Getting to know the mind of God is a LONG and internal process. It will vary for the individual. But I really think it starts with letting your guard down with him. God is one who will come over you, he will beckon you, he will lean on you and begin to reveal himself to you, but you are not an inactive participant in this process. I hate that being Christian I have to be careful with my terminology around here, but understanding this Christ - the analogy of Jesus knocking on your door, and all you have to do is answer.. this is true.

You are correct when you say: Surely God is not only over one part of the world. That is true. God is over all parts of the world, everywhere and available to me and you and has been for all times, and that is why (he/she/it - which I hate to say, but only because so many need UNDERSTANDING) has been interpreted from everywhere in all of the ages. You can learn from these trainings, you can go to God yourself, but do not think that religion comes from no-truth and that it was only made to control you. Control you to do what, get to know God? That would be a benefit.

To keep this debate right... we need to discuss more about mind... not god.. first v need to understand the mind, as of now we use very less part of it... so can't we say that if we start use 100%, v know our mind or god.

God feeds our minds when we are in-tune with him. The discussion is Knowing the Mind of God.. not knowing your own mind. Incorporating God into your life, is welcoming a greater understanding, it is about more than just yourself, even though you do find God within.

Its just really obvious that we as a species have a long way to go, in understanding the mind of God. But do know it is available to you, you can start studying, praying, meditating, learning from others, analyzing your own heart, talking to God (or whatever you want to call IT) ask for guidance etc... Getting to know the mind of God is a LONG and internal process. It will vary for the individual. But I really think it starts with letting your guard down with him. God is one who will come over you, he will beckon you, he will lean on you and begin to reveal himself to you, but you are not an inactive participant in this process. I hate that being Christian I have to be careful with my terminology around here, but understanding this Christ - the analogy of Jesus knocking on your door, and all you have to do is answer.. this is true.

You are correct when you say: Surely God is not only over one part of the world. That is true. God is over all parts of the world, everywhere and available to me and you and has been for all times, and that is why (he/she/it - which I hate to say, but only because so many need UNDERSTANDING) has been interpreted from everywhere in all of the ages. You can learn from these trainings, you can go to God yourself, but do not think that religion comes from no-truth and that it was only made to control you. Control you to do what, get to know God? That would be a benefit.

A little preaching going on here! you must have UNDERSTANDING that not every one believes and not every one wants to. There are many other benefits in life which are not god related, many religious people have not given themselves time to understand themselves and and what is around them or what nature has to offer them beneficially. Yes, my way may not be as simple as opening up a book, reading it and then following its words, but my way is far more exciting.

The control factor comes from the RULERS of the world....

And the rest, but you are correct. The control factor has been the start of many wars throughout history too, and most of them were to do with religion.

• Like 1

but if we did have the ability to use more of our mind (that we are not using) I'm sure we would know the mind of God much more.... Why can't we use those parts I wonder? Maybe they are just padding. I don't know... I should read more about that.

And the rest, but you are correct. The control factor has been the start of many wars throughout history too, and most of them were to do with religion.

True, but the heart of it was Control. God was the facade.... The common man is a pawn, and the ruler could appeal to man using God. The God I know is a God of peace. Understanding the Right Mind of God, and moving towards that as individuals (and a body of individuals) I believe we would begin to rise up shed light on these powers that are using us, killing and destroying for their own sick pleasures.