Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel Ranked World’s Most Militarized Nation

jugoso

Jewish people should remember the horrors committed by Hitler on them and not carry out fascist acts on innocent Arabs?

Am I missing something here?

Just who was it who STARTED the current trouble by firing rockets in the first place? It wasn't the Israelis, it was Hamas. It was Hamas who started it. If they are going to be firing rockets onto Israeli civilians they should fully expect the Israelis to do the same in retaliation. If France started firing missiles at Britain I would fully expect Britain to start firing missiles back.

The Israelis are doing nothing "fascist". They are merely retaliating after Hamas started firing rockets at them.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 2

http://www.enotes.co...sination-178892

The first category of “law enforcement” when applied to state sponsored assassinations is problematic in that a state trying to rely on assassination denies due process to the target-victim. Furthermore, to treat a target as having committed a crime expects standard law enforcement methods to be employed to apprehend the alleged criminal. Elements of due process such as a fair trial encompass notions of fair apprehension. Where assassination occurs, due process is impossible. There is no right of reply, no natural justice. Also, an assassin state’s use of the law enforcement defense has been argued before by the Israel in the context of assassinations and is a weak argument that they soon abandoned.

To rely on law enforcement measures as a legal basis for an assassination means that lethal force can only be used where it is absolutely necessary and otherwise unavoidable. Law enforcement officers must first identify themselves, then warn and attempt to arrest a suspect unless they or others are then placed at risk of death or serious injury. Bypassing such formalities renders an assassination illegal in international law. Furthermore, assassination in peacetime is incompatible with human rights law.

I don't care. Israel should do all it can to defend itself against aggression.

Nobody has mentioned the fact that this Hamas guy would still be alive now had Hamas not started firing rockets onto Israel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is Hamas which is treating civilians in a medieval way, not the Israelis. At this very moment in time Hamas is treating the civilians of the Gaza Strip as one huge human shield.

Israel isn't causing problems in the Middle East. It is groups such as Hamas and the medieval anti-Semitic Muslim states around which surround it which are causing the problems. Remember that it was Hamas which started the current situation, not Israel.

So lets look at the statistics shall we.

Let's use Iran and Israel examples of how Israel is.

Iran: Last at war with Iraq. Iraq attacked Iran after being pushed by the US. Iran hasn't attacked another country in over 30 years.

Israel: contumely involved in all modern wars, continually attacking civilians, continually attacking and threatening other countries. Believes it's allowed to do all this due to a religious belief.........

Yeah... OK Israeli government isn't a religious extremist problem is it... (sarcasm)

Why should the world worry about Israel? Go on Einstein, tell us. I didn't realise Israel was a threat to the world.

My reckoning is that the world should be more worried by the likes of Iran.

First of all, they have so much money for mainting and upgrading new weapons and technology. Nuclear weapons but Brits have some but i think Israeli's weapons are up to date. New weapons, they make thier own and have been good at it, so good that the UK has bought some drones from them. Never die attitude, the majority of Israelis have been in the armed services and patriotic too.

Am I missing something here?

Just who was it who STARTED the current trouble by firing rockets in the first place? It wasn't the Israelis, it was Hamas. It was Hamas who started it. If they are going to be firing rockets onto Israeli civilians they should fully expect the Israelis to do the same in retaliation. If France started firing missiles at Britain I would fully expect Britain to start firing missiles back.

The Israelis are doing nothing "fascist". They are merely retaliating after Hamas started firing rockets at them.

Actually this time it was Israel..this time though.

I don't care. Israel should do all it can to defend itself against aggression.

Nobody has mentioned the fact that this Hamas guy would still be alive now had Hamas not started firing rockets onto Israel.

Operation Litani?

Operation Peace In Galilee?

Operation Iron Mind?

Sabra and Shatilla massacres?

Operation Cast Lead?

What about Yitzhak Rabin ordering the soldiers to "break their bones" during the First Palestinian Intifada (Uprising) that began in 1987? This footage was caught and shot by a US film crew reporting on the Intifada.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5po__L6Oanc

Israel: contumely involved in all modern wars

Since when was Israel involved in Afghanistan?

Yeah... OK Israeli government isn't a religious extremist problem is it... (sarcasm)

I hardly think Israel is alone in any country in the world in terms of extremists in its government.

Can you actually post something that doesn't look like the ramblings of a mental patient Coffey? Do you want to portray yourself as someone who doesn't have the slightest clue what they are talking about?

Operation Litani?

Operation Peace In Galilee?

Operation Iron Mind?

Sabra and Shatilla massacres?

Operation Cast Lead?

What about Yitzhak Rabin ordering the soldiers to "break their bones" during the First Palestinian Intifada (Uprising) that began in 1987? This footage was caught and shot by a US film crew reporting on the Intifada.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5po__L6Oanc[/media]

What about peace? What about trying to do the ONLY thing that would procure it, which is to forgive past sins and move forward in a spirit of compromise between the two? Neither side seems willing to do this. If Israel is forced to concede to all of the Palestinian demands then Israel would shortly cease to exist. If the Palestinians gave Israel all it feels it is due then no Palestinians would live closer than the Saudi Arabian peninsula. And it has been that way since Israel accepted the partition and the Arabs refused to even consider it. And I suspect it will continue that way until one side or the other TAKES all the land forcibly at some point in the future. It is very interesting (and heartening) to me that the Bible states that "Jerusalem will be a burdensome stone" in the last days and here we are. Can you imagine a more pressing, central issue on the world stage? It seems that all other potentially global conflagrations are tied to this one small place in the M.E. But hey, the Bible is only a book of fairy stories.

Since when was Israel involved in Afghanistan?

It isn't directly by military means, but who runs the American banks?

I hardly think Israel is alone in any country in the world in terms of extremists in its government.

Can you actually post something that doesn't look like the ramblings of a mental patient Coffey? Do you want to portray yourself as someone who doesn't have the slightest clue what they are talking about?

It's not alone at all, I never said that. I was comparing Israel to Iran and how Iran is looked at as a problem, when the real problem is Israel. I was proving how a country run being prosecuted by Israel for being involved with Extremists is absolutely hypocritical. That is my point. Also Israel has Nukes which makes it even more of a problem and they threaten to sue them like North Korea does and everyone bangs on about how much of a problem North Korea is when Israel is worse.

Israeli military go into Palestinian homes int he middle of the night and torture them and wreck their homes. I've seen all the videos showing this. If you don't think thta's a problem or wrong then you are the one who appears to be rambling like a mental patient.

What about peace? What about trying to do the ONLY thing that would procure it, which is to forgive past sins and move forward in a spirit of compromise between the two? Neither side seems willing to do this. If Israel is forced to concede to all of the Palestinian demands then Israel would shortly cease to exist. If the Palestinians gave Israel all it feels it is due then no Palestinians would live closer than the Saudi Arabian peninsula. And it has been that way since Israel accepted the partition and the Arabs refused to even consider it. And I suspect it will continue that way until one side or the other TAKES all the land forcibly at some point in the future. It is very interesting (and heartening) to me that the Bible states that "Jerusalem will be a burdensome stone" in the last days and here we are. Can you imagine a more pressing, central issue on the world stage? It seems that all other potentially global conflagrations are tied to this one small place in the M.E. But hey, the Bible is only a book of fairy stories.

True, I believe no Arab Palestinian wanted Israel to exist. The Arabs were willing to give the Jews an enclave or a subprovince upon which the Jews would freely immigrate. But not once were the indigeneous people and their opinions of a Jewish state ever considered. Simply put, the indigeneous peoples of Palestine never supported a Jewish state but they found out they had no say nor power in the matter. The State of Israel was forced upon Palestinians (that is a state of non-indigeneous peoples).

True, I believe no Arab Palestinian wanted Israel to exist. The Arabs were willing to give the Jews an enclave or a subprovince upon which the Jews would freely immigrate. But not once were the indigeneous people and their opinions of a Jewish state ever considered. Simply put, the indigeneous peoples of Palestine never supported a Jewish state but they found out they had no say nor power in the matter. The State of Israel was forced upon Palestinians (that is a state of non-indigeneous peoples).

Israel's claim to that land is greater than ANYONE else's. God Himself gave it them. Of course if one does not believe in God then it's a claim easily enough cast aside as irrelevant but history and future events will prove their title is true and enduring I believe. In fact the very presence of the Jew on that land despite all this adversity is a proof from God that He IS sovereign still, IMO. And they will not live on their land as dhimmi vassals. They will possess all of it in time but it will be costly for them.

Israel's claim to that land is greater than ANYONE else's. God Himself gave it them. Of course if one does not believe in God then it's a claim easily enough cast aside as irrelevant but history and future events will prove their title is true and enduring I believe. In fact the very presence of the Jew on that land despite all this adversity is a proof from God that He IS sovereign still, IMO. And they will not live on their land as dhimmi vassals. They will possess all of it in time but it will be costly for them.

And one could say God kicked them out of the land twice before. So?

TWICE!

First the Babylonians then the Romans.

And these weren't secularist and atheistic Zionists either.

And one could say God kicked them out of the land twice before. So?

TWICE!

First the Babylonians then the Romans.

And these weren't secularist and atheistic Zionists either.

Time will tell.

You're right extremists come in all shapes, sizes, and beliefs and infiltrate many levels of governments in nations through out the world...Islamic, Zionist, or Christian...It's the dangerous ideas that these extremists promote that wreck havoc for all human society.

We have allowed the madmen to run the asylum.

http://www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/JewishNews/Article.aspx?id=191782

• Like 1

You're right extremists come in all shapes, sizes, and beliefs and infiltrate many levels of governments in nations through out the world...Islamic, Zionist, or Christian...It's the dangerous ideas that these extremists promote that wreck havoc for all human society.

http://www.jpost.com....aspx?id=191782

Zionists are just as dangerous as any extremist Muslim organisations and their beliefs are a cancer that is spreading.These people are waging war in the Middle East and using the US to finance it all.

http://www.jpost.com....aspx?id=191782

Sounds like they are trying to subjugate the world.

And they wonder why people hate them.

Sounds like they are trying to subjugate the world.

And they wonder why people hate them.

Sounds like a quote from one obviously disturbed and hateful old man. Attributing his feelings to everyone of his religion is a bit much, don't you think?

Sounds like a quote from one obviously disturbed and hateful old man. Attributing his feelings to everyone of his religion is a bit much, don't you think?

Did you read the link?

It isn't directly by military means, but who runs the American banks?

Americans. Unless of course you think there is some sort of worldwide Jewish conspiracy.

Also Israel has Nukes which makes it even more of a problem and they threaten to sue them like North Korea does and everyone bangs on about how much of a problem North Korea is when Israel is worse.

Israel hasn't threatened anyone with their nuclear devices.

Israeli military go into Palestinian homes int he middle of the night and torture them and wreck their homes.

Evidence?

I've seen all the videos showing this. If you don't think thta's a problem or wrong then you are the one who appears to be rambling like a mental patient.

I'm not the one that takes everything I see on Youtube seriously. I'm not the one going around pretending there's some sort of worldwide Jewish conspiracy or something. ****, didn't you learn anything in history?

Americans. Unless of course you think there is some sort of worldwide Jewish conspiracy.

Rothschild's are Jewish no?

http://www.juancole.com/2012/06/campbell-israeli-pm-sharon-threatened-bush-with-nuking-iraq-mearsheimber-walt-vindicated.html

Also I meant more the fact they go around threatening everyone like Iran etc and have nuclear capabilities, where as Iran threatens nobody properly and doesn't have nukes. Making Israel more dangerous. (especially as Israels track record of attacking others is far worse than Iran's)

Evidence?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DXVQAckSrI

Just start there and watch the millions of videos showing it happening.

I'm not the one that takes everything I see on Youtube seriously. I'm not the one going around pretending there's some sort of worldwide Jewish conspiracy or something. ****, didn't you learn anything in history?

What a stupid comment. There is a difference between someone saying something on youtube and actually seeing Israeli soldiers terrorizing woman and children in their homes.

I am not saying there is a Jewish conspiracy, I never said that once. The Israeli government is run by people who believe in a prophecy and put their religious fanatical believes over morals and human lives. I don't even know why I'm telling you this when they openly admit it. LOL

I did actually learn a lot in History thanks, I specifically was told how History is written by the victor. That means it's not 100% correct, only 1 sides story. Maybe you need to study history better. You don't seem to know anything about it.

Evidence?

I learned that it was attitudes just such as the one's he and others display that led to the first Holocaust. But history could never repeat itself, could it? Funny thing though. This one may start for one group and end for us all.

It’s true that such blind ignorant proclamations of hate: from the likes of Rabbi Yossef, ‘religious’ ideologue of the ultra orthodox Shas Party; Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, Al-Qaedas’ "Blind Cleric" mastermind of the 1993 World Trade center bombings; and burn those ‘satanic’ Korans Florida preacher Rev. Terry Jones; should all be classified as delusional rants from disturbed hateful old men who truly belong in mental asylums.

There are plenty of good religious folks from all the faiths that recognize that these self-proclaimed men of God are no 'angels'.

Yet many of the followers of the Abrahamic religions have allowed these fundamentalist extremists and their preachings to poison them with their agenda of hate and death and to hijack their respective religions, all under the guise of ‘what God commands’.

This God of Death that the fanatical extremists so passionately embrace is not the true God of Abraham that they all mutually claim to follow.

Edited by WHO U KIDDIN
  • Like 3

Rothschild's are Jewish no?

If you think they run the entire US banking and financial system you are clearly out of your tiny little mind. And since when did Jews = Israel? You're putting connections where there are none and then claiming it to be fact.

http://www.juancole....vindicated.html

Also I meant more the fact they go around threatening everyone like Iran etc and have nuclear capabilities, where as Iran threatens nobody properly and doesn't have nukes. Making Israel more dangerous. (especially as Israels track record of attacking others is far worse than Iran's)

I ask for evidence and you give me a blog. That's pretty low, even for you.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DXVQAckSrI[/media]

Just start there and watch the millions of videos showing it happening.

I could show you thousands of videos showing you how terrible the Palestinians were during the Intifada and how evil Hamas is these days. I'm not going to because a Youtube video has about as much sway these days as a blog. People can put all kinds of **** on Youtube and in blogs and claim it as fact. Obviously some of us are too naive to believe everything we see.

What a stupid comment.

Thanks for the compliment.

There is a difference between someone saying something on youtube and actually seeing Israeli soldiers terrorizing woman and children in their homes.

And you've seen this first hand? No, I wouldn't have thought so. As I said, youtube videos aren't really evidence, especially if you pull random ones and claim it as fact.

I am not saying there is a Jewish conspiracy, I never said that once.

Rothschilds + apparently Jewish + money = Israelis funding War on Terror. Pretty looks like something someone in a tinfoil hat would say.

The Israeli government is run by people who believe in a prophecy and put their religious fanatical believes over morals and human lives. I don't even know why I'm telling you this when they openly admit it. LOL

And since when have I denied this?

I did actually learn a lot in History thanks, I specifically was told how History is written by the victor.

Well, if you did, it's very difficult to actually see this "education" seeing as you haven't posted anything as of yet that looks like something someone who was educated would say.

That means it's not 100% correct, only 1 sides story. Maybe you need to study history better. You don't seem to know anything about it.

Really now? You think I should let the lunatics run the asylum? Maybe those CIA satellites really have scrambled your brains.

Oh so it's alright for everyone to use pro Israel blogs as evidence on here, but not any others.

If you see Israeli soldiers int heir uniforms doing that with official equipment etc, then how can it not be real? If it's not then you are suggesting there is a conspiracy ... Oh the irony.

Not even going to bother discussing the rest with you, you can't even discuss things properly without resorting to typical conspiracy insults.