Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

What annoys me is the way that certain people proceed; a total unwillingness to review the case that has with it a definite sense of arrogance. No attempt at putting forward facts and reasons.

The only arrogance I see is that we are supposed to take people's word at face value and not investigate alternative explanations? If you think it doesn't look like two metal bowls attached to each other then you are fooling yourself. Subsequently you have to ask which is more likely, that aliens have absolutely no concept of aesthetics and are quite boring in the design department so their craft look just like two bowls attached to each other, or is this a prank pulled off by a couple of tipsy fellows?

• Like 1

It's been done a dozen or more times on this thread already. The Kumburgaz case being in my view one of the best; even Boon could not debunk it.

There are other cases too.

He did submit significant possibilities. Considering their are a miriad of lighting and superstructure configurations in ships worldwide, it darn hard to dismiss all of them without seeing all of them.

• Like 1

I don't mean a historical case, you can be sure they have been thrashed out already.

Post some video of ET at your family's Christmas dinner...that sort of thing.

I see; UFO's don't seem to fly over the Channel Islands :td:

Maybe I should invest in a DVD cam just in case.

He did submit significant possibilities. Considering their are a miriad of lighting and superstructure configurations in ships worldwide, it darn hard to dismiss all of them without seeing all of them.

He did a good job with one of the images; the main image however just looked too unlike anything recognisable in terms of ship structures or otherwise. Dare I say it didn't look terrrestrial.

The only arrogance I see is that we are supposed to take people's word at face value and not investigate alternative explanations? If you think it doesn't look like two metal bowls attached to each other then you are fooling yourself. Subsequently you have to ask which is more likely, that aliens have absolutely no concept of aesthetics and are quite boring in the design department so their craft look just like two bowls attached to each other, or is this a prank pulled off by a couple of tipsy fellows?

It's possible that two guys were having a laugh Slave; anything is possible. There is a youtube video of a guy throwing bowls up in the air to recreate the scenario. It can be done. But there are also other possibilities.

You have to look at the entire case and sift though all the evidence. Isn't that how good investigators proceed?

! Edited by zoser

most of our Satellites and Space probes weren't exactly designed with aesthetics uppermost; entirely hypothetically, if one was designing, say, a small robotic Probe for purposes of surveillance, say, if its design was suited to whatever method of flight they might use, this might be the kind of design they might choose. Entirely, as I said, hypothetically.

most of our Satellites and Space probes weren't exactly designed with aesthetics uppermost; entirely hypothetically, if one was designing, say, a small robotic Probe for purposes of surveillance, say, if its design was suited to whatever method of flight they might use, this might be the kind of design they might choose. Entirely, as I said, hypothetically.

Hey 747, you are right of course, maybe a bowl shaped craft is aesthetically pleasing to the aliens as well, who knows? It was more of a satirical observation than anything else. Honestly though, I'd be a bit disappointed if that was the culmination of alien design.

thumbbig-284576.jpg

Why don't we see any craft like this?

Edited by Slave2Fate
  • Like 2

Here's your proof!

Extraterrestrial Mummy Found In Egypt

The body of a perfectly preserved, carefully mummified an alien was found buried in an ancient pyramid. A mysterious creature from between 150 and 160 centimeters was found by an archaeologist near Lahun when exploring a small pyramid near the Dynasty doceaba of Senusret II. However, this fact was not revealed immediately. “The mummy of what appears to be an alien, dates back more than 2000 years and it seems it would be a humanoid” said a source at the Egyptian Antiquities Department, who provided details and photographs of the find but did so under condition anonymity. “

20100309_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I see; UFO's don't seem to fly over the Channel Islands :td:

Maybe I should invest in a DVD cam just in case.

UFO's can appear over the Channels Islands...

You're being way to serious. My example was tongue in cheek, but you should realize by now that pictures and video of UFO's have to be exceedingly dramatic to be conclusive, not unlike the movie "Independance Day", with the best being actual evidence of an ET being.

...and a DVD cam is not a bad idea.

Hey 747, you are right of course, maybe a bowl shaped craft is aesthetically pleasing to the aliens as well, who knows? It was more of a satirical observation than anything else. Honestly though, I'd be a bit disappointed if that was the culmination of alien design.

thumbbig-284576.jpg

Indeed; although a small drone would probably be more efficient for operating in atmosphere than that, or, indeed, this.

close.png

(Incidentally, that (yours) seems to have Luftwaffe markings. :unsure2: )

Obviously, because that is an artist rendering of a Sirian mother ship, and if you had done research, you would know that motherships remain in high Earth orbit and are always "cloaked". They only "uncloak" briefy to dump mixing bowls.

• Like 3

Obviously, because that is an artist rendering of a Sirian mother ship, and if you had done research, you would know that motherships remain in high Earth orbit and are always "cloaked". They only "uncloak" briefy to dump mixing bowls.

:alien:

(Incidentally, that (yours) seems to have Luftwaffe markings. :unsure2: )

Yeah, I just hastily picked it out from google images and didn't notice the Luftwaffe symbol until afterwards. It was most assuredly unintentional. :blush:

I don't know, it looks like a scouting vessel with the searchlights on it. B)

Regardless, I'm still a bit confounded by the apparent uninspired design features of supposed alien craft. 57 species (allegedly) and all we get to see are discs and spheres? <_<

Regardless, I'm still a bit confounded by the apparent uninspired design features of supposed alien craft. 57 species (allegedly) and all we get to see are discs and spheres? <_<

Less features, less problems.

• Like 2

I don't know, it looks like a scouting vessel with the searchlights on it. B)

I know I'm being tiresomely rational here when the purpose of the discussion has taken a Satirical tone, but perhaps much in the way that Aircraft, after the early years at any rate, all follow essentially the same principles (Wings to give lift, engines driiving propellers for propulsion, usually a vertical tail), since they all operate by the same principles, however much variation in number & position of engines, Wings etc there may be, perhaps the same would apply for Spacecraft? It needn't apply for craft that just navigate by means of being accelerated to escape velocity & then left to it, like our Probes, no, but perhaps for craft that operate by more sophisticated principles (particularly if they have to operate in atmosphere), they would follow one or two (or perhaps three, bearing in mind the currently popular Triangles) basic forms.

Less features, less problems.

True, simpler is sometimes better.

True, simpler is sometimes better.

I thought simpler was always better

Unless you're a French car designer.

• Like 1

That depends. You aren't going to fly through space with a couple of bowls glued together.

Sorry, I'm in a bit of a joking mood today I guess. :P

• Like 1

That depends. You aren't going to fly through space with a couple of bowls glued together.

I guess we are just 'Poles' apart.

• Like 1

Seems I am too, my tongue is getting sore from it being stuck in cheek, and I've seen other examples of it here today and on ATS.

Full moon?

• Like 1

Unless you're a French car designer.

lol

Ah, there's the thing; my thesis is that they (supposing that there is a They) aren't, or at least, during, say, the 1950s, when UFOs first, as we know, came to prominence, weren't, trying to make Contact, because at the time they weren't sure if there was life here or not. They were doing effectively what we're doing on places like Mars, sending out probes to planets that they thought might look interesting to explore and see if they copuld find anything interesting. Since then, they might have been gradually carrying on a process of data gathering, with a view to perhaps establishing contact at some point on a discreet level if they think it might be advantageous. Indeed, there'd be a relay or a mother craft somewhere a discreet distance away, far enough not to alarm anybody so that they could carry on their researches without being bothered by or bothering anybody,.

I do not find that unreasonable, but I do find it unsupported. Many stories claims beings that are very much physical. I m not understanding why both methods would be deployed, that seems to not make sense to me.

I also think that a robot, or drone, would not have the intelligence to completely elude the entire planet. Even the most complex computers still do not think, in fact computers are efficient, not smart they cannot even subtract. They add negatives. They only do what they are programmed to do, and in an Alien envoronment, I would consider it impossible to be prepared for every eventuality. Machines also break down, have accidents, all sorts of things, but we do not have one.

I think what you have is an interesting thought experiment, and something we might consider someday, but I think a few holes need to be filled yet and I am not sure it would adequately explain the phenomena. I do feel natural phenomena captures a larger part but all in all, from what I have understood, the phenomena simply must have many answers, not a single one.

• Like 1

You have to look at the entire case and sift though all the evidence. Isn't that how good investigators proceed?

Indeed, I agree. However, I guess that if every case presented was to be analysed this thouroughly, we'd never make it past the first handful.

Sadly, cases that are most likely hoaxes, as I imagine this one is (and I did read it intently) really need to be chucked out with the chaff. The 'wheat' is where we need to concentrate our investigations.

I was hoping it would bowl me over (*cough*) but sadly not.

Any further cases of interest? :-)

• Like 3