Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Ghost

docyabut2

Hello all this is Doc `s daughter, the picture I just posted is as big as the site will allow. Hope you see it better because it is pretty interesting and I`m skeptic to when it comes to evidence, enjoy.

Thank you daughter:)we all have our take on the photo, but I can`nt get over how perfect the shoulders are, I think he is dress in farmer jeans, but daughter see a kinda suit coat with a white collar.

docyabut2, I'm not the kind of person to call out people publicly on Internet forums, but a quick examination of the photo makes me very suspicious of its origins.

You are right to be suspicious about how "perfect" the shoulders of the figure are. They are in fact much sharper and clearer and higher-definition than the photograph they appear to have been superimposed upon.

And that makes me think this is an outright fake and not just a case of everyday pareidolia.

Sorry if this comes across as harsh, but we do get a lot of hoaxes and frauds in this forum.

• Like 4

docyabut2, I'm not the kind of person to call out people publicly on Internet forums, but a quick examination of the photo makes me very suspicious of its origins.

You are right to be suspicious about how "perfect" the shoulders of the figure are. They are in fact much sharper and clearer and higher-definition than the photograph they appear to have been superimposed upon.

And that makes me think this is an outright fake and not just a case of everyday pareidolia.

Sorry if this comes across as harsh, but we do get a lot of hoaxes and frauds in this forum.

Not harsh at all. This is a down right hoax. And a poor one at that. This is a Ghost from the IPhones app called "Ghost Capture." Take a gander at this:

http://spookannie.bl...iphone-app.html

Some of the ghosts you can create using this app:

ghost+capture.jpg

Edited by ColoradoParanormal
  • Like 2

Thanks all for the info, its what we wanted to find out.:):) it was not my daughter`s sister in law that took the picture, but the renters at the tattoo place, and maybe they were trying to pull a fast one.

• Like 1

I may still have some doubt, my daughter`s sister in law when in opening her business bought the small mall, and the renters of the tattoo shop are complaining it is haunted. A question if it is a picture inplanted on a iphone, how come the figure does`nt go down below the window.?

I may still have some doubt, my daughter`s sister in law when in opening her business bought the small mall, and the renters of the tattoo shop are complaining it is haunted. A question if it is a picture inplanted on a iphone, how come the figure does`nt go down below the window.?

Why does it being done on an iPhone mean that the figure should go down below the window?

Look at some of the ghosts from the iPhone ghost app posted above. Note how many of them aren't full figures, just head and shoulders, like the 'ghost' in your image.

• Like 2

The problem with the advancement of technology is that even if someone DID manage to catch a real manifestation, there will forever be a divide between fiction and fact, I don't believe that is a real ghost image but you never know!

• Like 2

Why does it being done on an iPhone mean that the figure should go down below the window?

Look at some of the ghosts from the iPhone ghost app posted above. Note how many of them aren't full figures, just head and shoulders, like the 'ghost' in your image.

To be that perfect not to even over lap that window a speck is obvious,if it was a iphone image

Edited by docyabut2

Gee guys the haunting does seem some what legit, because they are calling in a Paranormal Society to investigate.

sorry but dont think this is a true image of a ghost as my 11 year old daughter can do exactly that with her i phone x

To be that perfect not to even over lap that window a speck is obvious,if it was a iphone image

Why? There's nothing "perfect" about it. It's merely a photo that has been cropped like the other photos in the iPhoto app to appear as a head and shoulder like the others.

What "perfection" do you think you are referring to?

• Like 1

Why? There's nothing "perfect" about it. It's merely a photo that has been cropped like the other photos in the iPhoto app to appear as a head and shoulder like the others.

What "perfection" do you think you are referring to?

What I saying is if it was inplanted image, how could it be so perfect not to overlap the botten of the window?

What I saying is if it was inplanted image, how could it be so perfect not to overlap the botten of the window?

What's to explain? It's easy to manipulate a photo like this. How do you explain how the image I'm posting below is "so perfect" not to "overlap the bottom of the window"?

casperh.jpg

Do you think that's a real ghost photo because it's so "perfect" not to overlap the bottom of the window?

• Like 2

What's to explain? It's easy to manipulate a photo like this. How do you explain how the image I'm posting below is "so perfect" not to "overlap the bottom of the window"?

casperh.jpg

Do you think that's a real ghost photo because it's so "perfect" not to overlap the bottom of the window?

I guess you dont know what I mean, how can the image overlapped the top of the window, but not the botten:)

I would like to see the picture. If the phone has browsing capability you can just send it to yourself via email. Although often times why do these ghost pictures seem to be naturally explainable light reflections and such.

I guess you dont know what I mean, how can the image overlapped the top of the window, but not the botten:)

The same way this image "overlapped the top of the window" but "not the botten". Emphasis mine, the correct spelling is "bottom".

How do you explain my photo below "overlapping the top of the window" but "not the bottom".

casper2t.png

• Like 3

The photo you posted was in colour. The ghost was in black and white / sepia. Therefore it is fake.

It was obvious from the very first post that this would be one of those phone app ghosts. We've seen them all before.

• Like 1

You can't actually tell how close the figure is to overlapping the window because the image fades out to nothing as it goes down, so you can't tell where it really ends. You can on the right of the figure, it fades out to nothing well above the window frame. And on the left you can't tell whether the fadeout overlaps the window frame at all because the image has faded out so much there.

So the idea that it somehow "perfectly" doesn't overlap the the window is false.

Why is this evidence of it being a real ghost anyway? Are ghostly apparitions noted for overlapping the tops of window frames but not the bottoms? Why would a ghost overlap the top of a window frame and the pole in front of the window but somehow the bottom of the window frame behind the pole (that the apparition is in front of) would somehow cut off the apparition in the photo? The objection wouldn't even make much sense if it was true that the ghost was neatly and cleanly cut off by the window frame.

• Like 1

You can't actually tell how close the figure is to overlapping the window because the image fades out to nothing as it goes down, so you can't tell where it really ends. You can on the right of the figure, it fades out to nothing well above the window frame. And on the left you can't tell whether the fadeout overlaps the window frame at all because the image has faded out so much there.

So the idea that it somehow "perfectly" doesn't overlap the the window is false.

Why is this evidence of it being a real ghost anyway? Are ghostly apparitions noted for overlapping the tops of window frames but not the bottoms? Why would a ghost overlap the top of a window frame and the pole in front of the window but somehow the bottom of the window frame behind the pole (that the apparition is in front of) would somehow cut off the apparition in the photo? The objection wouldn't even make much sense if it was true that the ghost was neatly and cleanly cut off by the window frame.

Daughter does` nt believe the photo is real to:):) She looking on the net for that app they might have used, She says most of your old photos have just misty looking figures, but like the poster had said above with all this new technology, it is hard to tell.:)