Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

i remember when i was around 6 to 9 years old i could lucid dream at will. it started from having recurring nightmares. i'd recognize it was a dream, close my eyes and imagine whatever i wanted and could have flying dreams and other amazing experiences. i think that waking life pressures and problems led to a lower state of consciousness and that maybe led to the suppressing of this ability

last night i made a very strong effort to have more conscious awareness and attempted to have a lucid experience. using the 4 in the morning technique. i had a very wide variety of dreams, i remember having full clarity, but couldn't recognize that it was a dream. in the dreams i remember, i remember being emotionally overwhelmed in two of them, and right before waking i had a very short sexual dream. i only remember one weird transition phase where i should've recognized the dream. i went from shear terror to sex, almost in an instant.

going to try again tonight. if i recognize its a dream, the first thing i'll do is attempt to fly. the next step would be to say " i want to astral project" perhaps that technique will work for me. who knows i may have astral projected as a kid but couldn't distinguish it from a lucid experience.

If you are following a wake induced method, you don't need to fall asleep, you should not loose conciousness at all. Not that the other way is bad though.

I had an experience the day before yesterday. I don't know if it was an astral or just a dream. I was floating but my feet was heavy that I couldn't fly high. I also feel something hot in my back may it was a coil connected to my physical body. Would that be an astral or just a dream because my mind really wanted me to astral....

• 3 weeks later...

I am conscious in most of my dreams, i can talk to people and ask them certain questions or have an adventure and do what i want. Sometimes if there's an upcoming exam, i review in my dream and i know i'm conscious because i even correct my mistakes like for example i am trying to memorize something and i tell myself no that's not it, it's this. In some dreams I am with my ancestors, and my dad (who passed away when I was 11) introduces me to them and we talk for a little while. I did not know of Astral Travel until today, i mean that it really exists, i know of the horror movie but that's it. Till earlier today when i was telling someone about the dreams i've been having, he said that i might be astral projecting. so i looked it up and found this site.

I have a problem waking up sometimes, not the thing where i just want to sleep in, it's when i want to wake up and i know i'm sleeping and i keep trying to wake up, I even try to open my eyes with my fingers but I can't. sometimes after a dream i can't move, like there's a thousand pound weight on my body and it lasts for a while. What can you say about this? Now that i've read your article, I wanna know if it's safe to Astral Project and how will i be able to find my body?

I also dream of the future and i've proven this to my family and friends on several occasions. If i dream about them, i tell them what happens in the dream and it happens every time. Is there any relation to my Astral Projecting?

i'm sorry for bombarding you with questions and thank you for your article, it cleared out a few things. Including the comments and your replies to them.

-E

I am conscious in most of my dreams, i can talk to people and ask them certain questions or have an adventure and do what i want. Sometimes if there's an upcoming exam, i review in my dream and i know i'm conscious because i even correct my mistakes like for example i am trying to memorize something and i tell myself no that's not it, it's this. In some dreams I am with my ancestors, and my dad (who passed away when I was 11) introduces me to them and we talk for a little while. I did not know of Astral Travel until today, i mean that it really exists, i know of the horror movie but that's it. Till earlier today when i was telling someone about the dreams i've been having, he said that i might be astral projecting. so i looked it up and found this site.

I have a problem waking up sometimes, not the thing where i just want to sleep in, it's when i want to wake up and i know i'm sleeping and i keep trying to wake up, I even try to open my eyes with my fingers but I can't. sometimes after a dream i can't move, like there's a thousand pound weight on my body and it lasts for a while. What can you say about this? Now that i've read your article, I wanna know if it's safe to Astral Project and how will i be able to find my body?

I also dream of the future and i've proven this to my family and friends on several occasions. If i dream about them, i tell them what happens in the dream and it happens every time. Is there any relation to my Astral Projecting?

i'm sorry for bombarding you with questions and thank you for your article, it cleared out a few things. Including the comments and your replies to them.

-E

Hi Emma, you should read through this thread and see if your questions are answered. And ask them there.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629&pid=4458785&st=555entry4458785

• 1 month later...

I believe in it;... In fact I will try it but I am super afraid from the sleep paralysis: I hate seeing evil beings and scary sounds, If this happens I will certainly be pulled back and never succeed in traveling... Infect what if the paralysis last for more than 2 min... I'm really sacred help please, plus if I traveled successfully may I visit anyone even if I don't know their place, and if they were sleeping may I take their astral body with me to a trip and will they remember it?

Hello, ive only read maybe a third of this so forgive me if this has already been answered. But do night terrors relate to spirit world in anyway? If so how? I used to have them ALL the time as a kid.

Hello, ive only read maybe a third of this so forgive me if this has already been answered. But do night terrors relate to spirit world in anyway? If so how? I used to have them ALL the time as a kid.

Where they sleep paralysis events or dreams. Night terrors in young children are simply the young mind training itself for fight or flight. Unfortunatly some children remember them most do not.

I have very little memory of them. But they were not SP, more like sleep walking. i would freak out so badly and my parents said i would often think there were bugs crawling all over me and i would just go nuts. I was like 5 years old and my dad couldnt even hold me down.

I would say things like "get them off me!" And rub and scratch at my arms.

Yes this is common. It goes on in all the minds of children at that age, but some children particularly if their sleep schedule is screwy will experience what you did. It's not really a spiritual issue. kids minds at that age are starting to train themselves for the dangers that they might face. They are wiring their brains to respond quickly under danger. A bit like holodeck practice. We continue to do this all our lives, but kids at that age are in a very heightened phase.

Edited by Seeker79

Yes this is common. It goes on in all the minds of children at that age, but some children particularly if their sleep schedule is screwy will experience what you did. It's not really a spiritual issue. kids minds at that age are starting to train themselves for the dangers that they might face. They are wiring their brains to respond quickly under danger. A bit like holodeck practice. We continue to do this all our lives, but kids at that age are in a very heightened phase.

Alright thanks for the info!

Edited by notyalcmas93

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am very new to this Astral Projection/Travel and have few questions which I am searching for answers....

1. Is there any age restrictions to try this.

2. What is the easiest method to try this out.

3. How many days/months/years it might take to achieve the first Astral Travel.

4. Astral Travel means, travelling in parallel universe or it will be always in the same universe where we are in.

5. Can we travel outside earth? if yes how much time it might take go and come back......(may be to Moon and come back)

6. whats the difference between this one and Remote Viewing?

Thanks in advance.

Prakash (From India)

Hi All,

I am very new to this Astral Projection/Travel and have few questions which I am searching for answers....

1. Is there any age restrictions to try this.

2. What is the easiest method to try this out.

3. How many days/months/years it might take to achieve the first Astral Travel.

4. Astral Travel means, travelling in parallel universe or it will be always in the same universe where we are in.

5. Can we travel outside earth? if yes how much time it might take go and come back......(may be to Moon and come back)

6. whats the difference between this one and Remote Viewing?

Thanks in advance.

Prakash (From India)

Start here

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629&st=0

well i my self have astral traveled,on that note my first try i used the rope technique and it worked well,I was not all the way out of my body but i could tell it was working my physical body was paralyzed and all the symptoms that i read about were on point,i could see myself laying there in bed clearly as if my eyes where open but i knew i was sleep,when my astral arm or leg would move so would my physical arm or leg as to say the jolt or jerk,I don't know why but it wasn't untill i fell deeper into it that i got scared my heart felt like is was comeing out of my chest and my breathing had changed so i stoped all together,even tho i tossed and turned i still felt the vibrations threw out the night,they started from my feet and up to my head since 11-11-12 i have not fully left the physical body...any tips would be helpful thanks :alien:

Make very sure you protect yourself first and do not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. You will come in contact with the not so nice spirits in the astral realm.

• 2 weeks later...

I read that you have to clear your mind of words, I find this very difficult. Even when I'm concentrating in my breathing, I try to picture something in my mind but then I find myself describing what I want to see. How do I stop the words?

Can you move your hand astrally *out* of your hand completely awake, aware, anytime in a calm environment? With no meditative process??

I can do that and that is something I think is crazy and it has it fantastical quality to it - I know, but, with contact with the afterlife - you see and hear them. They can "touch" you. Let you know you can do it. It's something I learned how to do.

This is the farthest I've gotten with astral travel too...

well I mean my hand and my arm

as far as the times that I've tried to astral travel. I have taken meditative journeys that are far different from astral traveling. During those processes I have also had guides. They didn't verbally speak to me but I understood them in my mind.

I have had one spontaneous astral travel experience though, I was not asleep, I was sitting in a car waiting for someone to come out of a store. I had a guide that time too and we went into the cosmos. The guide explained to me the mysteries of the universe one by one (it seemed) and took the mysteries back one by one, leaving me feeling very small like an ant - and indeed my body was so far away from me that it would have been smaller than an ant. Anyway, that is my ONE TRUE astral travel experience but it was spontaneous and not self induced.

I have had other religious visions where I was still in my same body but the world around me changed into the heavenly realms, these also were spontaneous and I always wondered if these were similar to astral travel. They must be somehow related I would think.

I tried every night for a couple months to astral travel but it never worked, I always just fall asleep in a meditative state.... in the beginning I came across many evil entities and even a couple aliens, but I learned not to be afraid and that I can call on the white light at any time for my protection. I don't know if it just isn't meant for me to astral travel, or if I will be able to do it later..

please be honest, is this really spiritually enlightening? It seems like it would be, but then again it seems like its just something cool to do that may have alternative consequences. Have there been any bad results from this like getting demons attached to you (as I have had demons attached to me before), or perhaps a person going crazy, or sleep walking or getting into a scary situation its hard to get out of - or any other negative thing???

I really am curious.

Edited by SpiritWriter

Well, I have been meditating and balancing my chakras. And doing countless guided meditations. I have been trying to astral project since July to no avail. And I tried again just now. I came closet than I ever have before. I really reached the vibrational stage and everything. But I couldn't pull out of my body. . . The guided meditation said to imagine a door and to move through that door. But I can never actually imagine the door. Is this the reason or is there some other problem why I am not successful? Please help.

• Like 1

So seeing how the movie insidious is based on astro traveling, theres no way of actually being unable to get back in your body right? And u said we see ghost ect. do they scare us or try to hurt us? And do they even notice we are seeing them.. also when we travel do we actually see what is happening in reality and not just our minds imagining it for example, say i start to travel and i decide to go to a friends house do i actually see them sleeping? Hope it makes sense and srry for so mand questions i have a curious mind

Edited by wildflower16

I read that you have to clear your mind of words, I find this very difficult. Even when I'm concentrating in my breathing, I try to picture something in my mind but then I find myself describing what I want to see. How do I stop the words?

You don't "have" to do anything. There are many, many types of meditations. The big thing to remember is to figure out what works best for yourself. This takes a lot of "trial and error", but in the end, is well worth it. You basically tailor your own practice to suit yourself.

Well, I have been meditating and balancing my chakras. And doing countless guided meditations. I have been trying to astral project since July to no avail. And I tried again just now. I came closet than I ever have before. I really reached the vibrational stage and everything. But I couldn't pull out of my body. . . The guided meditation said to imagine a door and to move through that door. But I can never actually imagine the door. Is this the reason or is there some other problem why I am not successful? Please help.

When you heard the vibrations, did a really loud sound fill your ears? (jet engine, waterfall, static, or however else you may perceive it) If not, you may not have been deep enough. When you hit this "roaring sound" is when to exit. There is a tutorial in the AP thread. http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629&st=675 here is the link.

Try reading thru that thread, and if you have any questions, ask them. There's been a lot of ground covered in that thread. It's a great resource.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow, i cant believe this topic is still going!

I doubt anyone will remember me, but all of my 200+ posts except for maybe one or two is in this topic alone, i tried to astral project for around 2 years with very few results (although i did have some very weird experiences while trying, and i did learn a lot)

Now, 4 and a half years later, im back to try and get some answers about some really weird things thats been happening to me lately..

After a couple of years of trying to AP, life got a bit more busy and eventually i stopped trying (i felt like it wasnt going anywhere), id have a random experience once in a while where id suddenly be out of my body when i least expected it, but this never lasted long and i could never do it when i actually tried..

Lately though its been happening more and more.. but this is different.. let me explain exactly what happened a few days ago..

I woke up after 4 hours of sleep, i figured it was too early to get up, so i closed my eyes again and tried to fall back asleep, about a minute or so later suddenly i get this really weird feeling.. like im falling asleep except its really intense and i dont actually fall asleep.. it only lasts about 5 seconds, after that i sit up in my bed and think to myself.. that was extremely weird..

So i try to turn my light on.. it doesnt work.. i know i cant turn on lights when im asleep or dreaming, i dont know why but its always been my personal way of knowing if im dreaming or not, anyway, i try to turn it on and it doesnt work.. and then i realize that moving feels really weird too.. but i feel like im completely awake, to me i just closed my eyes for a minute, had a weird feeling and then sat back up

So.. at first it scares me, its happened before this time but it always kinda scares me.. i sort of panic because i cant seem to wake myself up, and because its either an OBE or a dream i know i might encounter something scary from my mind, but i figure okay.. i cant wake up.. i might as well explore.. so i walk out into my living room thinking its amazing how real this feels.. and i figure i should use this opertunity to try and really study this.. so i do a bunch of experiments..

I try to fly.. no success.. its like trying to fly in real life, nothing happens.. i try to put my hand through the wall.. same thing.. nothing happens.. i try to think myself to another place.. try to think things into existance like a sword or a ball.. nothing happens.. i realize that i am in no control over this whatsoever.. a very interesting point though.. i counted out loud to 100 to see if i could, and it worked, time seemed to be going the exact same rate as when i was awake (i felt i was in there about an hour, and when i woke up, about an hour had passed which is something ive never experienced befor this)

I knew the tv upstairs was on and i figured id go and see what was on, so i went upstairs.. saw some cooking show on tv and a time, but it got a bit boring.. it lasted for quite a while.. so i got up.. and i saw a mirror.. now it should be noted that i already know looking in a mirror when im out of my body gives some REALLY strange results.. and since it felt really real i figured.. hell why not.. so i looked in the mirror.. only to see 5 of me looking back at me all with distorted faces.. it scared the living crap out of me so i looked away and decided that never happened and just moved on

I decided to go back downstairs.. and as i did, my mom (which lives in the apartment over mine) calls for me, because she heard me.. at this point i was really surprised, i went back up and talked to her and i figured.. okay.. my mom is here.. and im talking to her like i usualy am.. and everything feels way too real.. i guess maybe im just awake.. so i tell her that i thought i was out of my body and we laugh about it a bit and i decide to go back down thinking i was awake this entire time.. and that maybe i just thought i saw something in the mirror

When i get back down i realize my mom is downstairs too with me.. and shes rarely down there.. and now shes just standing there.. so i realize im not actually awake.. and a chill goes down my back and i ask her.. who is she.. she turns around and looks at me and BAM i open my eyes in bed.. and not like i slowly wake up or something, i opened my eyes like a bullet.. and i wasnt tired at all.. this entire experience was so real to me that when i left my bedroom after i woke up i got a chill because i felt i had just done that

It should be noted that its become a morning ritual to walk around and try to turn on and off lights because im scared i havent really woken up

I know its a bit long, to those who read it, awesome, to those who dont feel like reading everything, heres a tl;dr version:

I keep getting forced out of my body more and more, and i cant seem to wake myself up from it no matter how hard i try, i just have to keep going with it till its done, i also cant control anything and looking into mirrors give crazy random reality shattering effects

anyone else with simliar experiences?

Edited by sephiroth976
  • Like 2

Oh wow, i cant believe this topic is still going!

I doubt anyone will remember me, but all of my 200+ posts except for maybe one or two is in this topic alone, i tried to astral project for around 2 years with very few results (although i did have some very weird experiences while trying, and i did learn a lot)

Now, 4 and a half years later, im back to try and get some answers about some really weird things thats been happening to me lately..

After a couple of years of trying to AP, life got a bit more busy and eventually i stopped trying (i felt like it wasnt going anywhere), id have a random experience once in a while where id suddenly be out of my body when i least expected it, but this never lasted long and i could never do it when i actually tried..

Lately though its been happening more and more.. but this is different.. let me explain exactly what happened a few days ago..

I woke up after 4 hours of sleep, i figured it was too early to get up, so i closed my eyes again and tried to fall back asleep, about a minute or so later suddenly i get this really weird feeling.. like im falling asleep except its really intense and i dont actually fall asleep.. it only lasts about 5 seconds, after that i sit up in my bed and think to myself.. that was extremely weird..

So i try to turn my light on.. it doesnt work.. i know i cant turn on lights when im asleep or dreaming, i dont know why but its always been my personal way of knowing if im dreaming or not, anyway, i try to turn it on and it doesnt work.. and then i realize that moving feels really weird too.. but i feel like im completely awake, to me i just closed my eyes for a minute, had a weird feeling and then sat back up

So.. at first it scares me, its happened before this time but it always kinda scares me.. i sort of panic because i cant seem to wake myself up, and because its either an OBE or a dream i know i might encounter something scary from my mind, but i figure okay.. i cant wake up.. i might as well explore.. so i walk out into my living room thinking its amazing how real this feels.. and i figure i should use this opertunity to try and really study this.. so i do a bunch of experiments..

I try to fly.. no success.. its like trying to fly in real life, nothing happens.. i try to put my hand through the wall.. same thing.. nothing happens.. i try to think myself to another place.. try to think things into existance like a sword or a ball.. nothing happens.. i realize that i am in no control over this whatsoever.. a very interesting point though.. i counted out loud to 100 to see if i could, and it worked, time seemed to be going the exact same rate as when i was awake (i felt i was in there about an hour, and when i woke up, about an hour had passed which is something ive never experienced befor this)

I knew the tv upstairs was on and i figured id go and see what was on, so i went upstairs.. saw some cooking show on tv and a time, but it got a bit boring.. it lasted for quite a while.. so i got up.. and i saw a mirror.. now it should be noted that i already know looking in a mirror when im out of my body gives some REALLY strange results.. and since it felt really real i figured.. hell why not.. so i looked in the mirror.. only to see 5 of me looking back at me all with distorted faces.. it scared the living crap out of me so i looked away and decided that never happened and just moved on

I decided to go back downstairs.. and as i did, my mom (which lives in the apartment over mine) calls for me, because she heard me.. at this point i was really surprised, i went back up and talked to her and i figured.. okay.. my mom is here.. and im talking to her like i usualy am.. and everything feels way too real.. i guess maybe im just awake.. so i tell her that i thought i was out of my body and we laugh about it a bit and i decide to go back down thinking i was awake this entire time.. and that maybe i just thought i saw something in the mirror

When i get back down i realize my mom is downstairs too with me.. and shes rarely down there.. and now shes just standing there.. so i realize im not actually awake.. and a chill goes down my back and i ask her.. who is she.. she turns around and looks at me and BAM i open my eyes in bed.. and not like i slowly wake up or something, i opened my eyes like a bullet.. and i wasnt tired at all.. this entire experience was so real to me that when i left my bedroom after i woke up i got a chill because i felt i had just done that

It should be noted that its become a morning ritual to walk around and try to turn on and off lights because im scared i havent really woken up

I know its a bit long, to those who read it, awesome, to those who dont feel like reading everything, heres a tl;dr version:

I keep getting forced out of my body more and more, and i cant seem to wake myself up from it no matter how hard i try, i just have to keep going with it till its done, i also cant control anything and looking into mirrors give crazy random reality shattering effects

anyone else with simliar experiences?

It probably was your mother. Good job with facing your shadow in the mirror. You performed admirably with just letting it role off of you. Mirrors and altered states are tricky, but part of the reason it went that way is because you were expecting it to.

Don't worry about control. Just be glad you were not bouncing around the room. Walls, flight, and thought forms all in good time. I still mess up on all of those things if my head is not on straight.

Nice job!!! Like I tell a lot of people sometimes the idea just has to ferment in the mind for a few years.