Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman banned from using cell phones

Simbi Laveau

A northern Indian city has banned women from using cell phones,so they cannot have affairs.

To be caught with a cell phone incurs huge fines .

Married women's fines are much less than single women ,which makes no sense to me,unless they still do arranged marriages,which is quite possible .

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/12/05/women-mobile-phones-banned-india-_n_2243704.html

Women need to stop this 'equal rights' thing. Cray-cray. :rolleyes:

Also, would like to add, I do like how it's 'women' or 'cell phones' that are the cause of affairs... not the men.

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 2

So... Women never had affairs before there were cell phones?... My ex-never seemed to need one for that...

• Like 1

So... Women never had affairs before there were cell phones?... My ex-never seemed to need one for that...

Oh my.....

I think cell phones need to be banned in publc and while driving for ever one

• Like 2

I always have my face buried in my cell phone nowadays. Anyone I end up dating? They're gonna think I'm always busy with like eighty other people.

This is just like that time they burned all those witches, for using cellphones..

• Like 2

If we were in the 14th century, they would burn all of the women of that city. No substantial progress has been made since then. Maybe we should become really progressive?

Edited by CuriousGreek
  • Like 1

Also, would like to add, I do like how it's 'women' or 'cell phones' that are the cause of affairs... not the men.

Obviously. It's a scientific fact that men don't have affairs, they just have sex. It's losing thier women's hearts that these guys are afraid of. See, now this whole thing is a beautiful feel good story. :wub:

• Like 1

You don't need a cell phone for an affair just a good bar.

• Like 1

A northern Indian city has banned women from using cell phones,so they cannot have affairs.

To be caught with a cell phone incurs huge fines .

Married women's fines are much less than single women ,which makes no sense to me,unless they still do arranged marriages,which is quite possible .

http://www.huffingto..._n_2243704.html

Sensational news but not that real. First thing, the so called 'ban' is not imposed by any government/administration etc as the impression is, but just a decision taken by some muslims in a backward village and not a city. This decision does not have any legal backing. Any woman slapped with such a 'fine' can threaten these jokers with a police complaint. And it is not north but eastern part of India. Simbi quoted a paper in UK, that paper quoted another one from India and both these newspapers presented the facts in a sensational way to suit their sales.

Edited by antarix

Obviously. It's a scientific fact that men don't have affairs, they just have sex. It's losing thier women's hearts that these guys are afraid of. See, now this whole thing is a beautiful feel good story. :wub:

Well of course the men are the ones who made this law ,so now,how will they have sex and or affairs I wonder .

Jokes on them I'm thinking .

Sensational news but not that real. First thing, the so called 'ban' is not imposed by any government/administration etc as the impression is, but just a decision taken by some muslims in a backward village and not a city. This decision does not have any legal backing. And it is not north but eastern part of India. Simbi quoted a paper in UK, that paper quoted another one from India and both these newspapers presented the facts in a certain sensational way.

It's India ,they're Hindu ,not Muslim .I've never heard of Muslims in India ....

Indians don't usually do this to such a drastic degree .

And in small villages,the elders are the law .

Here is a very non sensational article from Nov 24 ,by an American news agency .

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-205_162-7085226.html

Edited by Simbi Laveau

They are muslims, not hindu. Your second statement is strange. India has the second largest muslim population in the world. Sounds strange, but true.

And Indians do the drastic things, believe me.

I am from India.

Your second news is different from first one regarding place and group of people, but again, as I said earlier, this so called 'council' is nothing but a kind of pressure group which has no power. And elders are not that much influential these days. Anybody who is educated can drag them to courts which are happy to make them realise the powers of law.

Edited by antarix

They are muslims, not hindu. Your second statement is strange. India has the second largest muslim population in the world. Sounds strange, but true.

And Indians do the drastic things, believe me.

I am from India.

Your second news is different from first one regarding place and group of people, but again, as I said earlier, this so called 'council' is nothing but a kind of pressure group which has no power. And elders are not that much influential these days. Anybody who is educated can drag them to courts which are happy to make them realise the powers of law.

I don't know any Muslim Indians . I've never heard of it before is the thing . So its odd to me ,and the article says this group is Hindu ...so... I'm going by what the article is saying .