Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Only now

markdohle

Only now

Today or in ten years,

it is still only now.

A man of 95 lay dying,

he said,

where did the time go,

now I understand,

as I age

I ask the same question.

So if I die tonight,

or 30 years from this date,

it is now, the moment,

that is all we have.

Embrace what is,

let go of all that keeps

that a bay.

• Like 2

As a 20 year old I keep telling myself life hasn't really kicked in yet. Plans and ambitions are a persons best objectives to keep going and be successful in their own right if they've met them. Those plans and ambitions are a long term investment for me, so until I reach them, I will always be striving to get there.

I know a few people who fear ageing. I don't fear it one bit nor do I fear death.

I think the song, My Way written by Paul Anka pretty much sums up what I want to look back at my life with and possibly played at my funeral.

As far as embracing things go, I see this most in nature. Or when I've found something special I definitely won't let it slide.

I try to look past all the meaningless parts of everyday life and see what really matters most. That sort of brings to mind a thread I might write up soon.

I enjoyed the poem and your posts nonetheless markdohle.

• Like 1

Young and old nobody knows if they'll see a tomorrow, so 'now' should be important to all of us.

As a 20 year old I keep telling myself life hasn't really kicked in yet. Plans and ambitions are a persons best objectives to keep going and be successful in their own right if they've met them. Those plans and ambitions are a long term investment for me, so until I reach them, I will always be striving to get there.

I know a few people who fear ageing. I don't fear it one bit nor do I fear death.

I think the song, My Way written by Paul Anka pretty much sums up what I want to look back at my life with and possibly played at my funeral.

As far as embracing things go, I see this most in nature. Or when I've found something special I definitely won't let it slide.

I try to look past all the meaningless parts of everyday life and see what really matters most. That sort of brings to mind a thread I might write up soon.

I enjoyed the poem and your posts nonetheless markdohle.

Being 20 and being 64 are two differenct experiences. I doubt I could fit into my 20 year old again LOL. When you ae 64 I bet you will remember this, and it will be "now" ;-).

peace

mark

Young and old nobody knows if they'll see a tomorrow, so 'now' should be important to all of us.

Amen to that my friend.

Peace

mark

Hi Orcseeker,

Your plans and ambitions were conceived in the "now," but they are still relevant to you at this moment. Therefore, they are part of your "now," even though they appear to be future events. I always say, "One step at a time (in the now)." Believe me, your plans and ambitions would not have come to your attention if they were strictly future things because the future doesn't exist. What people think as futuristic scenarios were conceived in the "now," and many are already past tense (even though they appear to be current, trendy and "futuristic").

Your plans and ambitions are already in your mind. Just like composing music, it first appears in my consciousness, and it's just a matter of time to translate it in concrete term, for the world to hear. Nevertheless, it's already there in my mind...and in most cases, finished, complete. I already have the map, so to speak. Therefore, it's not in some future timeframe.

Peace.

Edited by braveone2u
  • Like 1

Hi Orcseeker,

Your plans and ambitions were conceived in the "now," but they are still relevant to you at this moment. Therefore, they are part of your "now," even though they appear to be future events. I always say, "One step at a time (in the now)." Believe me, your plans and ambitions would not have come to your attention if they were strictly future things because the future doesn't exist. What people think as futuristic scenarios were conceived in the "now," and many are already past tense (even though they appear to be current, trendy and "futuristic").

Your plans and ambitions are already in your mind. Just like composing music, it first appears in my consciousness, and it's just a matter of time to translate it in concrete term, for the world to hear. Nevertheless, it's already there in my mind...and in most cases, finished, complete. I already have the map, so to speak. Therefore, it's not in some future timeframe.

Peace.

Thanks braveone2u,

That was well explained and something I hadn't thought about like that. But if I could meet those plans and ambitions I could definitely say I have lived, and lived happily.

Edited by Orcseeker

Old age is gonna really kill me. I feel too old right now and I'm only 19... :blink:

Old age is gonna really kill me. I feel too old right now and I'm only 19... :blink:

LOL, life gets better, take my word for it, it just takes time.

peace

mark

[media=]

[/media]

Loved this, thank you.

peace

mark

Thanks braveone2u,

That was well explained and something I hadn't thought about like that. But if I could meet those plans and ambitions I could definitely say I have lived, and lived happily.

Hi,

Definitely, probe your mind. More than likely, you already have some kind of map to get the ball rolling. The final outcome is never the same as the map, however, I'm sure you know that. In my life, the final outcome is usually different from my initial assessment; there are many things to shape it. Nevertheless, the journey is always special and exciting. Being an artist, for example, my being doesn't let me just grind things out. I believe in elevating my art, first and foremost. It's the reason why I haven't composed anything in years. I'm still on top of the game, interesting to say, and sad at the same time because it only means that 21st century music is still doing 20th century techniques and theories. Now you understand why I stopped being a music critic for an Italian magazine...

Screenwriting? Well, that's another story. The entertainment industry is not exactly art. Regardless, one of my scripts got published, and I'm very grateful to God. Not many screenplays get published, unless they're really that good.

I wish you the best, Orcseeker. I hope you get what you need.

Paul