Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No Confirmed Reports of Chemical Weapons

Stellar

Just to add a little bit of perspective:

(Reuters) - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said on Friday he had not received any confirmed reports that Damascus was preparing to use chemical weapons, but said it would be an "outrageous crime" if it did so.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/12/07/syria-crisis-ban-idINDEE8B609B20121207

• Like 2

NATO has been slow on the Syrian uprising, almost too slow, I think hes playing down it because to calm tensions. It would be sensible but who knows

Just to add a little bit of perspective:

Ahhh, a voice of reason in a crowd of propaganda..

:tu:

Several Western countries have this week warned President Bashar al-Assad's government not to resort to chemical arms, with many citing intelligence which Washington said showed Assad might be preparing to use poisonous gas.

"Recently, we have been receiving alarming news that the Syrian government may be preparing to use chemical weapons. We have no confirmed reports on this matter," U.N. chief Ban said after visiting a Syrian refugee camp in Turkey.

Assad blames the West and its Gulf Arab allies, who have thrown their weight behind the opposition, for the unrest in Syria that rebels say has killed 40,000 people. Damascus says the uprising is led by "terrorists" guided from abroad.

Stellar you have said one thing in your title and another in the article and the two are drastically different. Ban doesn't say Syria has no chemical weapons. Ban says there is no confirmation they are preparing to use chemical weapons.

Stellar you have said one thing in your title and another in the article and the two are drastically different. Ban doesn't say Syria has no chemical weapons. Ban says there is no confirmation they are preparing to use chemical weapons.

I know. I couldnt fit the whole thing in the title so I tried to make it as pertinent to the subject as possible.

• Like 1

NATO has been slow on the Syrian uprising, almost too slow, I think hes playing down it because to calm tensions. It would be sensible but who knows

No one wants to become embroiled in a no win scenario, especially where there is no oil to serve as payoff long term.