Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roswell officer speaks from the grave

Saru

Something crashed at Roswell and it wasn't a balloon.

IMO you have options:

1. alien craft

2. top secret USAF craft

And why wasn't it a balloon?

Cheers,

Badeskov

And why wasn't it a balloon?

Cheers,

Badeskov

What makes you think it was?

Are you related to Boris Badenov, by any chance?

• Like 1

Hate to break this to you but people lie too (and a great deal).

Well there's those little white lies that get us out of a pickle...

What would happen if the guy's short-term memory was out of whack.

While his long-term memory was so crystal clear it's like he's taken back to the day itself.

Senile dementia is very common amongst the elderly but you can't it use it as an excuse not for him to talk porkies.

I'm actually seen examples of this and it's more common than you think.

Edited by Walnut Whip

Goverments normally lie

people normally do not

But people run the government....its a bit of a Conundrum.

Governments lie and people don't but Governments are run by people so Governments don't lie or is it people lie?

I have a headache...

Edited by Lava_Lady
  • Like 2

As much as I would love to believe Roswell I just cannot logically.

These are my reasons. I am not 100% certain a Government would cover up such an important event, maybe at first as not to start a panic but I am sure it would filter through, what would be the point. I doubt ownership rights of it would not be an issue as long as it was recovered on a countries own soil. I could only see a problem if it had been recovered from international territory.

Secondly you have to ask yourself if this was true what technical advancements have been made, they would of had it over 50 years. Well we know nuclear was around before before Roswell so that is ruled out, I doubt it traveled light years on fossil fuel. Metal technologies have not changed a great deal either. Aluminium and steel was around before world war 2, this craft was supposedly made of some advanced metal. But today we still use the very same metals all be it probably better quality.

Many people link stealth technologies to Roswell. The Horton brothers actually invented a triangular flying wing aircraft in Germany during World War 2 that displayed stealth tendencies. That aircraft was inspected as it was taken to America when they were designing the stealth fighter, so again hardly other world technology.

Fibre optics have also been linked to Roswell, however the principle was demonstrated in London in the mid 1800's.

Even the space race was conducted using technologies learned from Nazi Germany's V2 rocket. Today we still rely on chemical rockets for space travel.

Are we saying the American Government has learned nothing from what would be a highly advanced spacecraft they recovered over 50 years ago?

• Like 1

wow lol i guess i need to defend my statement.

First off, i think we can all agree that goverments lie. So i do not really want to waste a whole lot of time on that. If somone wants me to go in detail with goverments i can. Yes i know some goverments are by "the people" but in the real world only the upper class has the money to run and the common person has very littel knowledge of what the goverment does. Im not saying that as a conspiracy i just mean they make tons of decisions each day that we do not really know much about.

Now to people lol. This could be hard to believe here on UM were we hear every story about all the scams, con artist, conspiracies, alternate theories about everything and photoshopped pictures. BUT in the rest of the world the common person does not lie a whole lot. They can be fooled easy sometimes but they do not lie. Yes most of us do a white lie from day to day. The reason people lie less is because goverments have far more motives and incentives to lie then people do. Goverments and people with power have to keep that power. People do not have a whole lot in the first place. The most common reason a adverage person lies is for self presivation. The second most common reason is a "white lie" to be nice. The third reason is when people are actually trying to gain something by tricking people.

So how common do people do this third reason? How honest the common person is can not really be proven/disproven but i will give my rational. Other then from personal experience you can see people normally tell the truth because people are naturally good. I believe we can see that people are naturally good because when we do something harmfull to someone else we always feel the need to justify it to ourselfs. When we do somethign good we do not feel like we need to justify it. We all feel sympathy with people we do not even know just because we see them cry. When people can we normally do try and help others. So if we are naturally good then wouldent we tell the truth to people most of the time? At times when we do not have to lie to perserve ourselfs.

As gandhi said " If you hear bad news all the time it is because good news is to common place".

Plus people love to share knowledge with others. So when we see something weird we just want to tell someone. We spout off random facts all the time too.

Im not advocateing aliens being real with my statement. I am just saying that i would trust random peoples stories more then i would trust a goverment who only will see you as numbers and statistics.

I hope no one takes any of this in a negative way. I know how words can sound mean just because our imagination is left to decide the tone of the persons voice. :)

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

I'm not sure what to make of Roswell.

For years I thought it was a mogul balloon crash and the military's initial response was somewhat tongue in cheek saying it was a flying saucer, since the term had only recently come into use. Not realizing the massive backlash and newspaper coverage, they changed it immediately to say it was a weather balloon.

I know a guy who was a guard at Area 51 back in the 70's. For a period he was guarding a building and he said his orders were to shoot anyone who tried to get in. He never knew what was in there and said no one ever entered nor tried to in the 3 months he at that building. The gossip among the guards was that there were aliens and a craft stored there, however he said it was just regarded as a joke among them. It was not an unusual situation, as he said there were a number of facilities there which had very limited access

Why does army pick up a ballon anyway? With less than 50 men? A ballon which could be picked up by one single guy and put it in the trunk of the car... And like sync said "First it's unknown craft, later is a ballon? " right...

People who witnessed that crash said object was failling under straight angle, like a meteor.. Ballon would be flying all over the place and would need some time to crash.

I'm a massive skeptic but with Rodwell I keep an open mind. Let's look from a detectives perspective. EVERY crime, even random violence needs a motive means and opportunity. With this case. What's the motive? He seems like a serious kind of guy and his evidence is not over inflated. It's rather subtle, like he is playing it down. In my mind he is a credible witness.

• Like 1

Why does army pick up a ballon anyway? With less than 50 men? A ballon which could be picked up by one single guy and put it in the trunk of the car... And like sync said "First it's unknown craft, later is a ballon? " right...

People who witnessed that crash said object was failling under straight angle, like a meteor.. Ballon would be flying all over the place and would need some time to crash.

It was claimed to be a Mogul Balloon train which consisted of several balloons carrying equipment and they were wired together.

I was a highly secret program at the time.

More info about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Mogul

• Like 1

Do we have any concrete evidence that the army/airforce used any amount of men to pick it up? As far as the official reports were Jessie Marcel recovered it. Maybe they checked the ground over after when they realised it was a top secret project.

The more people involved the more likely you will get an information leak, and from what I have heard described them as looking like the average Gi.

The other thing that got me was the airbase itself. This was a nuclear weapon airbase yet every Tom, Dick and Harry from Roswell town from their accounts seemed to be walking in and out of it willy nilly. I find that hard to believe on an average day with the security of a nuclear bomb at stake, let alone the heighten security of having a crashed ET craft that they want to keep highly secret.

Edited by skookum
  • Like 1

It was claimed to be a Mogul Balloon train which consisted of several balloons carrying equipment and they were wired together.

I was a highly secret program at the time.

More info about it here:

http://en.wikipedia....i/Project_Mogul

I see but the info released by military hit public in 1994, why would you wait for good 40 years, to say something you should say that time ago? It can be easily faked now, to say it didn't had to do with ET phenomena i don't buy it sorry...

Edit: Ballons don't explode in 200m radius can they? I know they can burn very fast, but explode?

Edited by Nuke_em

Do we have any concrete evidence that the army/airforce used any amount of men to pick it up? As far as the official reports were Jessie Marcel recovered it. Maybe they checked the ground over after when they realised it was a top secret project.

The more people involved the more likely you will get an information leak, and from what I have heard described them as looking like the average Gi.

The other thing that got me was the airbase itself. This was a nuclear weapon airbase yet every Tom, Dick and Harry from Roswell town from their accounts seemed to be walking in and out of it willy nilly. I find that hard to believe on an average day with the security of a nuclear bomb at stake, let alone the heighten security of having a crashed ET craft that they want to keep highly secret.

Soon thereafter, a military convoy with soldiers would arrive and order the civilian witness[es] to leave the area and not tell anyone what they saw. The military personnel would then commence with their recovery of the vehicle and its occupants.
from Wiki.

Don't know what you meant with nuclear threat, but a a nice opportunity to hide something so delicate, all eyes were on nuclear devices and their upgrading at the time so people didn't/wouldn't pay any attention to such events...And an average Gi was the most normal of military personnel at the time... they didn't had any special forces back then..

I see but the info released by military hit public in 1994, why would you wait for good 40 years, to say something you should say that time ago? It can be easily faked now, to say it didn't had to do with ET phenomena i don't buy it sorry...

Edit: Ballons don't explode in 200m radius can they? I know they can burn very fast, but explode?

I believe the Mogul was classified for a number of years after it's use.

One of the big problems I see with Roswell is quarantine. If there were alien bodies and/or body parts and whatnot scattered around there appears to have been minimal attempt at quarantine. Then apparently they were shovelled into a truck then loaded on an aircraft and flown elsewhere in unsealed boxes. The indiginous bacteria alone on their skin and/or intestines if they had such could have been as deadly as Ebola or AIDS to us, yet there seems to be little indication of concern.

There's so much of the story sounds like a childs fairy tale to me.

• Like 2

I believe the Mogul was classified for a number of years after it's use.

One of the big problems I see with Roswell is quarantine. If there were alien bodies and/or body parts and whatnot scattered around there appears to have been minimal attempt at quarantine. Then apparently they were shovelled into a truck then loaded on an aircraft and flown elsewhere in unsealed boxes. The indiginous bacteria alone on their skin and/or intestines if they had such could have been as deadly as Ebola or AIDS to us, yet there seems to be little indication of concern.

There's so much of the story sounds like a childs fairy tale to me.

Indeed. The whole story is completely ridiculous when looking at it from a logistics perspective. I also find it very saying that it only cropped up some 30 years later after Friedman et. al. starting embellishing it.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 1

Whether a balloon, plane, car, drone, etc. If it were top secret they would want everything out as soon as possible. More people means faster recovery time, means less chance of anything getting leaked.

Perhaps the individuals involved did believe in what they had witnessed, hence we find these dead-bed revelations to be credible from that individual's perspective. But, the idea of a humanoid et has always been a confound to my thinking given the immense probabilities that led to our evolution to a human form. To accept that a nearly identical humanoid from another world exists is to suggest that we are likely of a common seed, a Biblical Genesis event that argues we either negate evolution or accept the notion of a master plan regarding parallel planetary evolution. Given the brutality of catastrophic blunt trauma, it might be more conceivable that the et was indeed a mutilated human of small stature and the craft was of this planet, perhaps of the US or not. But, if not of the US, the government would potentially want to "hide" the fact that the borders were easily breached by a foreign power. But, of course, like most others, I really would like to believe in a humanoid et.

Perhaps the individuals involved did believe in what they had witnessed, hence we find these dead-bed revelations to be credible from that individual's perspective. But, the idea of a humanoid et has always been a confound to my thinking given the immense probabilities that led to our evolution to a human form. To accept that a nearly identical humanoid from another world exists is to suggest that we are likely of a common seed, a Biblical Genesis event that argues we either negate evolution or accept the notion of a master plan regarding parallel planetary evolution. Given the brutality of catastrophic blunt trauma, it might be more conceivable that the et was indeed a mutilated human of small stature and the craft was of this planet, perhaps of the US or not. But, if not of the US, the government would potentially want to "hide" the fact that the borders were easily breached by a foreign power. But, of course, like most others, I really would like to believe in a humanoid et.

There are many possibilities regarding humanoid biology. At this point its all speculation in regards to the orgin of any remains found at the crash site. I will list all the possible reasons the E.Ts could be humanoid. anyone feel free to add to the list.

1. Aliens purposely altered our dna to look like them at some point in our evolution

2. Aliens are demensional beings who live in a parralel world to ours, so they are only slighty different.

3. Aliens are actually just human time travelers who have evolved into what we call greys.

4. Evolution naturally favors bipedal, large brained, two eyed beings as the most advanced organisms

5. Aliens and humans were created by a common creator with a similar design in mind.

6. they are demonic shape shifters sent by satan to turn us away from god.

7. the bodies at roswell were genetic experiments by a government gone wrong or right?

8. by sheer luck they just happen to look like us

9. Aliens are made up by pop culture and are merely an artist interpretation of what they believe a et would look like.

10. aliens saw humans and thought we looked nice so they changed their genetic structure to look like us

everyone picks one of these depending on their own world view. I personally like number 3.

I think we would evolve to eventually look like greys, and by that time we would have the technology for time travel.

Then you must also not beleive any court witness testimony about anything whatsoever? Wow, unless you see so .mething happen, you dont believe it? No matter how many credible witnesses?

If you were a judge or juryman, there would be criminals wandering everywhere, jails would be empty. Excellent

There is a big difference between eye-witness testimony in a court of law and in science (especially when it comes to stories about ET visitation),... lets see if you can figure it out.

• Like 1

My gut instinct was right about an alien spacecraft crashing at Roswell.

Going by the rest of the post I have to say, no, it is not.

I'm glad some of these deathbed confessions are coming to light.

Fro what I see, they make things harder to reconcile myself. How big was the "spaceship" Haut saw? Aliens crossed space in an egg the size of a Volkswagen Beetle did they?

When all is said and done it's going to lead to full disclosure.

I have been hearing that for decades, so you will forgive me if I do not get excited at hearing the claim yet again. I am not sure why you think this makes a difference, this is just a recording, Hauts claims have been out for years.

But his is more what I expect from Anthony Bragalia, which is good, I do not feel comfortable with him playing skeptic, and then releasing some nonsense like this.

I don't care if it challenges certain religious faiths because I'll be relieved.

I beg your pardon? What in earth does religion have to do with Roswell??

There being only one alien body comes as a bit of a surprise.

Not really, everyone has a different story to tell about the event. What's one more?

And the "Aliens" did not exist in any story at all before 1978. So there can be as many as one likes I suppose. Stan Friedman seems to be responsible for kicking the aliens off.

From what I gather there was three occupants and two of them died at the scene.

Nobody dead at the scene. Not only that, but look at Brazels affidavit.

the initial press release from the Roswell Army Air Field said the find was "sometime last week," suggesting Brazel found the debris in early July.

So these aliens managed to hang out in a field unprotected and survive, and Brazel did not notice them until after the debris was recovered? Hows that work?

It dosn't really matter because it's only a minor quibble.

It's the least of the problems with the Roswell alien story, I'll grant that much.

This guy was one of the major figureheads of this incident and his word should be taken as gospel.

Nobody should be taken for Gospel. Empirical evidence only should be taken for Gospel.

Here ya go, have a read of this link.

Last "Smear", I admitted I may have been wrong about Roswell base commander Col. William Blanchard: Maybe he didn't order release of the crashed-saucer press announcement. I pointed out that Kevin Rancdle's exposure of the Rest of the Truth about Frank Kaufmann also calls into question the credibility of Walter Haut, the army PR man who put out the statement, because it was Haut who told Randle about Kaufmann, claiming everything he said was "gold". Yet Haut had to know Kaufmann's contradictory and melodramatic yarns were bunk. So why would he endorse the "Tales of Kaufmann" on the QT? (See Chapter 5 of my "Roswell".)

Haut has always said Blanchard dictated the captured-saucer announcement to him and ordered it released. He said he just followed the colonel's orders, and that was that. No wild claims. No self-promoting hype. So even though my investigations revealed that some of Haut's recollections about what he did in 1947 were inaccurate or perhaps "conveniently recalled", here seemed no compelling reason to question the essence of Haut's story: Blanchard was the Roswell "loose cannon".

However, Haut's now-exposed role in the Kaufmann affair - dating back 13 years - puts things in a different light. For example, consider:

• In 1979, Major Jesse Marcel, who rounded up the "saucer" debris, told reporter Bob Pratt: "(W)e had an eager-beaver public relations officer (Haut) - he found out about it - he calls AP about it. Then that's when it really hit the fan..." ("Roswell", page 228.) In 1979 interviews with Start Friedman and Bill Moore, Marcel said, "It was...Haut...who called the AP (Associated Press) and later wrote the press release. I heard he wasn't authorized to do this, and I believe he was severely reprimanded for it..." ("The Roswell Incident", Berkley ed., pp. 75-76.)
  • In a 1993 interview with me, George Walsh, program manager of Roswell's Radio KSWS in July '47, recalled receiving the text of the army announcement from Haut by phone. Walsh put he story on the air and then called it in to the AP in Albuquerque. That office put the scoop on the AP wire. Later that day, Walsh remembered, Haut phoned again, saying, "What the hell did you do?... I got a call from the War Department that told me to shut up." ("Roswell", pp. 289-290.)
  • As confirmed by this July 8th, 1947, United Press news wire exchange, there was no written press release as Haut has claimed: Denver UP: "Let's have text Army announcement fastest..." Santa Fe UP: "Army gave verbal announcement. No text." ("Roswell", pp. 97, 247.)

So was Walter Haut Roswell's loose cannon? Did Haut privately promote Frank Kaufmann because Kaufmann "confirmed" his claim that Blanchard gave him the press release? ("Roswell", p. 71) Perhaps so, and perhaps there's much more to it than that. Time will tell - maybe.

Edited by psyche101

They want you to think that all these hundreds of Roswell witnesses are lying. Don't believe them. These UFOs crashes are real and they have happened more than once.

Hundreds is indeed right. Now it is claimed 600 people say they are witnesses.

How is that at all possible? If every ET story ever told is truthful expect one, this would be that one. This is an example of the worst UFOLogy has to offer, and how marketable it is.

Then you must also not beleive any court witness testimony about anything whatsoever? Wow, unless you see something happen, you dont believe it? No matter how many credible witnesses?

If you were a judge or juryman, there would be criminals wandering everywhere, jails would be empty. Excellent

Eyewitness testimony is directly responsible for 75% of Wrongful convictions overturned by DNA.

That is out of all people convicted by an eyewitness, that have been proven innocent by DNA testing, 75% of them were wrongfully convicted by eyewitnesses, and that is 100% proven.

So you can put your faith in them should you ever find yourself wrongfully incarcerated huh.

Testimony has put people on death row, how many have died for eyewitness testimony when they were innocent to date??

LINK - Innocence Project.

75% hit or miss rate..... sounds a bit like UFOlogy I grant, just more accurate!! :w00t:

We will go back and forth on this topic until the end of existence... December 21, 2012. Lol but seriously it's frustrating because no matter what anyone says, there will be argument. I want to know but at this point it's a matter of who will I believe...

Not really, it's not all that good once you have a close look at it. It's the case that received more media attention than any other is the thing with Roswell. More information comes from the media than any other place, but for some reason that is not questioned. Only the diehards in places like this really know the ins and outs, most just know what the papers say.

And it's an entertaining story, I can see why it grabs peoples interest.