Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pagan Practices 101

Simbi Laveau

Everything is energy, what kind do we use I don't know, but something is going on beyond chance. Demonstrable scientifically no it is not, anymore than prayer or god is demonstrable. For me it is more of a hobby, I don't take it too seriously.

• Like 1

I think the difference between the perception of god in most Neo Pagan thought and god in the Abrahamic thought is god in Abrahamic thought is god is separate from nature, in Pagan thought nature is god. All the Gods and Goddesses Pagans work with are different aspects of the natural Universe. Which is the meaning of the phase "As above, so below." This why a lot of Pagans look to eastern religions for inspiration. The ultimate god is the Universe which we are just another aspect of, we are the gods and goddesses, so is the dog, the cat and the tree.This is the concept that seems to get the Baptists running off the porch screaming blasphemy. This is the fundamental basis of magic, which is why it appears to be generic and we recognize each other work. All we are doing is using our energy (which is vibration) to manipulate the energy of the Universe to make outcomes. The crystals, candles and amulets are away of focusing energy. An experienced witch or shaman will feel the energy from them.

When spending much time with God it becomes very clear that God is also nature. I think any scene of extreme natural beauty really makes people - that is - anyone, think of God...

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

In my belief, god is nature and there is no also.

• Like 1

Hello my fellow wiccans. I have recently found this site and convinced myself to join. I have been a practitioner for almost five years now. Sadly enough I am living with a strict christian family and haven't "come out of the broom closet" yet. My closest friends and sister know the truth. *note that I do have another account on here but cannot risk being traced back to this page* anyways, I hope to share my knowledge as well as learn from all of you.

Blessed be-WillowWolf

• Like 3

Carry on. Glad you are here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I just found this page. I follow a Celtic/shamon path. My roommate follows an Isisan path. My other roommate is christian. Im looking forward to talking with you all

• Like 2

Hail and welcome, long wolf2. Are you active in your practice?

Not all of us are solely wiccan . My roots are wiccan,and I use elements of Wicca,but its not my religion . I'm something else .

• Like 1

I consider myself part pagan because my mom is an atheist and she calls herself a pagan sometimes even though she doesn't really practice any sort of spirituality. Sometimes she claims Celtic heritage, because we have Irish in us and goes to solstice celebrations. I know she has some sort of spirituality but she just doesn't really show it. Sometimes her eyes glaze over a tad when you talk about subjects concerning the unknown, and over the years she has started to accept that I have had experiences 'that perhaps are real'. We both liked that book The Midst of Avalon and because of it learned a little bit about the Goddess religion...

• Like 1

SpiritWriter, have you ever thought of studying it beyond a work of fiction?

SpiritWriter, have you ever thought of studying it beyond a work of fiction?

I study slowly - and yes I have

That book is what introduced me to the Goddess religion... before that I never even thought about it... I am always studying something, but it is bit by bit and all over the map, I have not adamantly pursued the study any particular pagan practice

• Like 1

For me the Goddess religion or a God religion, lack interplay and balance of male and female energy. One needs both for the power of life, unless you're an amoeba.

For me the Goddess religion or a God religion, lack interplay and balance of male and female energy. One needs both for the power of life, unless you're an amoeba.

I think amoebas need it too ....

• Like 1

I have to say Amen to that one...

A religion without a goddess is halfway to atheism.

—Dion Fortune

• Like 2

I am a pagan.. not a wiccan though.. I leave the magic to others..

ok easy way to explain a pagan and a wiccan..

A pagan believes in the old gods and goddesses.. (my goddess is Brigit).. Will follow the basic beliefs and laws of their faith.. I know egyptian pagans and some who follow the norse gods..

Wiccans.. are the pagans that work magic.. they have the same kind of beliefs and laws as a pagan.. yet have a few more added on .. depending on which circle of wicca they follow..

The one beauty of paganism across the many spheres of it (though some do differ) there is no heaven or hell as the major religions see it.. there is no good or evil.. it is a persons choice to which path they walk.. there is no higher power or dark evil that makes them choose..

hmmm you can think of western paganism as a mix of buddism and taoism with a dash of woodstock festival..

Well, for some reason I just felt like sharing this today. But I wanted to let you pagans know that I have actually come in contact with 2 different goddesses and perhaps even three. All occurrences happened this year. 2 occurrences happened when I was out of town in March (I went to Belize and it was my first time out of the country, besides Canada that is) I am under the impression that spiritual encounters happen frequently when visiting far away place, just because it is a brand new atmosphere that you aren't used to.. I don't know if I am correct on that point, but that is just what I presume. The other occurrence happened in my hometown, I was sitting near the lake at the time. I don't remember if I encountered this goddess before or after my trip to belize..... anyway, the one I met here was white with very long blond hair, she put her hands on my back and told me to cry for all her children (which I did, I had to force myself to cry, she continued to touch my back and soon enough my tears were authentic).

The other one, the one that I met in belize was actually Ix Chel, Goddess of Healing. She was not alone the night I met her. Both her and another entity grabbed my hands. At the time I couldn't tell if the other was male or female, but now I assume he was male. He was black and had very very old hands, his presents was stronger, he did not want to let go of me. She was more like, yeah, here I am, whatever... I knew for sure it was her, because first of all I perceived it to be her (although I didn't know her name - I just looked up her name now, but this is the picture of her and her description - healer), but also because the very next day I drew a picture (I do dream drawing, or what what I call 'drawing in the spirit') in the back seat of the car I was riding in and right afterward, we stopped at our location and this guy was selling art. I bought the picture from him because I was so amazed, the picture I had drawn was the same woman. I had no exposure to this goddess or this culture before. I had drawn her, on her knees, holding a flower with a snake on her head... pic attached..

I have to edit my daughters paper, she is nagging me, but I will come back and put the third occurrence (which actually happened first - I am just listing them in the wrong order...)

maiden-with-flower-copy-203x300.jpg

fyi - this is not the pic I drew, this is a pic from the internet...

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 3

so the other occurrence also happened in Belize, this is the one I can't really say was an encounter with a "Goddess" but it was a definite strong feminine presence - it felt like my own spirit, but it was invoked to a very high and powerful degree. It was either the first night or the second night I got there (I was there for 10 days, this trip was an intense spiritual adventure for me - synchronicity up the ying-yang... but I wont get into all that)

that night I left the hotel room and went out onto the beach, i was filled with a spirit, it was very much like receiving the Holy Spirit, which I have had before, but it was very different as well, the presence was what I could interpret instantly as a witch, I felt like I was a witch, I was crying in joy and worshiping nature, this feeling came over me and I felt electrified like I was full of power... there is really no other way to explain it, but it was very intense. The wind was blowing very hard and my hair was flying all over the place, the clouds were pitch black and blowing back and forth over the moon, I want to say it was full, but I can't remember for certain if it was, nevertheless it was very beautiful. Out of the three experiences I just mentioned this was the most powerful...

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 4

Thank you for sharing SW. A remarkable experience.

• Like 1

Three fold law be hanged. I'm not a Wiccan. I am looking for my Goofer dust recipe. I think I got all the stuff for it too, I think. As soon as I find out who to use it on they will pay. I am a hurt angry witch and that is not a good thing.