Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] FSA Create a "Tank" and a robot

the-Unexpected-Soul

I hope they don't meet a real tank while driving this or this tank will resemble an E-Z-Bake Oven for humans. Gotta love the gunners controls! PS3 joystick!

From the story:

Necessity: still the mother of invention.

Syrian rebels in the town of Bishqatin have built one of the most high-tech, makeshift tanks ever created, the AFP reportsexternal-link.png.

Based on a small diesel-powered automobile, the armored vehicle has been covered in rusty one-inch thick steel plating capable of protecting its occupants from small arms fire. A pair of sealed-beam headlights mounted on front making it look something like a cartoon character

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/12/11/syrian-rebels-create-homemade-high-tech-tank/?intcmp=features#ixzz2Em9iluy7

• Like 1

Oh my.....

That thing is just a death trap.

Oh my.....

That thing is just a death trap.

But if they just need cover for firing it beats hiding behind cinder block walls :) Regular armor piercing ammo would give them a bad day though....
  • Like 1

I saw this thing on Youtube and it looks like a rattle trap. They don't stand a chance against a regular tank even if its not one of ours. You have to give them credit though for trying and I do wish them luck with it. Tankfiring.gif

It's not a bloody tank. It's a car or jeep of some kind with some armour plating and a machine gun. Hell, people have been making improvised armoured vehicles for years.

• Like 1

But if they just need cover for firing it beats hiding behind cinder block walls :) Regular armor piercing ammo would give them a bad day though....

I was more worried about it collapsing on them. lol

Thomas the tank engine.

Thomas_Tank_Engine_1.JPG

I always KNEW there was something devious behind that creepy smile........ brrrr :w00t:
  • Like 1

I was more worried about it collapsing on them. lol

How? You don't think the rebels have access to welding equipment? Did you not see the kinds of things the Libyans were doing to their pickups? All you need is some thick enough steel, some welding equipment, someone that knows what their doing (they're bound to have one of them) and a vehicle to stick it to.

And I'm not entirely sure if the average government soldier has access to armour piercing shots below 12.7mm in calibre. Certainly, I wouldn't expect every AK in their arsenal to be loaded with AP rounds, or even one.

We've seen stuff like this happen during the revolution in Libya, so its no surprise its happening in Syria.

We've seen stuff like this happen during the revolution in Libya, so its no surprise its happening in Syria.

People have been fitting armoured plating to vehicles as long as they've been on the battlefield. They've been doing this since WW1.