Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Portland Mall Shooting

e u n O i a

[facepalm]

yea, lets give everyone a gun and see what happens in one of these scenerios.

crazy gunman starts shooting... a bunch of people react and try to shoot him.

a bunch of other idiots with guns react and no one can tell who the initial gunman is...

1102223_o.gif

Bullets fly everywhere and lives are lost.

• Like 3

There would be a lot more getting along.

You're pretty naive to think that. Gun ownership plays no role in people getting along. If everyone carried a gun at all times there would be just as much issues and "crazy" people amongst us as there is now.

The primary difference that would come about from more gun ownership is more murders. The fact that there'd be more guns about indicates this by itself. Furthermore, however, is the fact that more people in their quickness to react when angered or upset by something would resort to using a gun to "solve" their problem(s) rather than letting cooler heads prevail.

You're wrong, but that's nothing new when it comes to this. Maybe someone else has the time to educate some of you on this issue because the stats don't lie but I know as long as some people 'feel' a different way, facts will never make a difference to them. Hopefully none of you are future victims.

Either way, someone wins.

For every one person that "wins" (if that's truly what you believe) there'd be numerous others that lose - not just one person (friends, family; mothers, sons, fathers, daughters, brothers, sisters, etc). Nor would the one person that "loses" likely have deserved it in the overwhelming majority of such instances.

You're wrong, but that's nothing new when it comes to this. Maybe someone else has the time to educate some of you on this issue because the stats don't lie but I know as long as some people 'feel' a different way, facts will never make a difference to them. Hopefully none of you are future victims.

No. You're wrong (see how easy that is).

Why don't you "educate" us on the issue rather than continue on with your nonsensical reasoning. I'm pretty sure that depending on what side of the debate someone falls on they'd be able to find the information they seek that indicates their stance is the correct one.

And if someone is going to pull a gun and shoot me randomly I'm not going to be in position to save myself. It's not as if the person is going to wait for me to pull my weapon and fire at them first.

This whole notion that more guns would equal less violence is a ridiculous fallacy.

Edited by Left-Field
  • Like 1

Wow that made you come off like a childish little prick. And I like you.

Just saying.

• Like 2

And if someone is going to pull a gun and shoot me randomly I'm not going to be in position to save myself.

But that's not the point, you see. There will be so many other power thirsty gun toting morons people that can avenge your death!!!

lol

• Like 1

For every one person that "wins" (if that's truly what you believe) there'd be numerous others that lose - not just one person (friends, family; mothers, sons, fathers, daughters, brothers, sisters, etc). Nor would the one person that "loses" likely have deserved it in the overwhelming majority of such instances.

If everyone carries a gun around at all times and in an ideal world, it would (as Sweetpumper believes) make everyone get along better. So then we all win. If it merely turns us into monsters who randomly kill people, then the NRA and gun manufacturers win.

But that's not the point, you see. There will be so many other power thirsty gun toting morons people that can avenge your death!!!

lol

Haha. How foolish of me not to realize that. You have enlightened me greatly! :nw:

Edited by Left-Field

If that's what you wish to call it, go ahead. The point, however, is that far more people will be on the "losing" end.

If that's what you wish to call it, go ahead. The point, however, is that far more people will be on the "losing" end.

you know... if I carry around a gun, I might make some friends? if they want to live, that is :devil:

you know... if I carry around a gun, I might make some friends? if they want to live, that is :devil:

Well yeah, because nothing says true friendship better than the ones you have because they fear you. :innocent:

:gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:

bang bang!

Two guns for everyone now? OMG! Just imagine how much safer we'd all be if everybody owned not just ONE gun, but TWO!!!!

I think you're really onto something here Eunoia! :rofl:

Two guns for everyone now? OMG! Just imagine how much safer we'd all be if everybody owned not just ONE gun, but TWO!!!!

I think you're really onto something here Eunoia! :rofl:

I personally think we should all carry grenades too. But that is just me.

I personally think we should all carry grenades too. But that is just me.

Well that goes without saying. Grenades actually blow things up. I mean, c'mon, guns just put holes in people. Blowing 'em up is waaaaaaay cooler!

• Like 1

Whether they actually carry out the actions of doing something like this, I tend to believe far too many individuals have such violent thoughts run through their mind. While it's one thing for someone to have irrational thoughts when they are angry, it's another thing entirely when they fantasize about over a lengthy period of time.

I know sometimes things like this are random, but often times its a person acting on thoughts that may have played through their heads countless times over.

I don't want to be "that guy," but I feel society as a whole unfortunately stumbled along a more negative path rather than a positive one. And in today's world everything is so in your face that it just becomes too much - the violence, sex, drugs, all those things. It's just too much. You're bombarded with it everywhere.

People become conditioned to such things and they don't even realize it. It's hard for people to do when they've grown up with it since the moment they were born. I thought it was bad enough when I was young, but with the technology we have today it's become so much worse.

I can't imagine what it's like for kids today growing up with so much instant access to everything and all the different venues for them to have these negative aspects of life constantly flashed in front of their eyes.

On an individual basis it can be viewed as something that may not be all that troublesome. When you step back and view things from a societal standpoint, however, you begin to better understand things as they truly are.

This is so true. We have a passive acceptance to trauma. It is to be expected. It is creating a world of victims.

• Like 2

Well that goes without saying. Grenades actually blow things up. I mean, c'mon, guns just put holes in people. Blowing 'em up is waaaaaaay cooler!

gangnam-style-explosion.gif

• Like 1

Oh now thats clever. :clap:

jacobtylerroberts-300-3_4_rx340.jpg?228a71852a22ff512d948fddff187818eb64a894

Jacob Tyler Roberts, shown in a photo provided by the Clackamas County (Ore.) sheriff's office, was named as the suspect in the shooting spree at a Portland-area mall that left three people, including the gunman, dead.

My god, he is gorgeous. A gorgeous a--hole!

Edited by e u n O i a

He also had the decency to go ahead and end his own life. Angry, suicidal young man. Imagine if he had access to explosives... What a world...

These types of things are out of control! God. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about shootings!

>_______<