Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Evidence Noah's Biblical Flood Happened

Still Waters

That's not much on which to base one's position on since it would firmly place the Great Flood at the end of the 3rd millenium, around 2104 BC by some versions. By this time Dynastic Egypt had already been in existance for nearly 1000 years and the Sumerians as a civilization, were gone, having already had their own stories of a Great Flood.

cormac

"by some versions"......

You don't happen to hint at the "Oera Linda Book" with it's infamous date of 2194 BC??

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

Just look at the geophysical evidence - after the last ice age (10-12,000 years ago) the worlds oceans rose around 100 metres (300 feet). Thus the Atlantic flooded the Mediterranean "valley", Black Sea, etc... There would have been a lot of people living in the valley, including Noah, as it was part of the Fertile Crescent.

That's not much on which to base one's position on since it would firmly place the Great Flood at the end of the 3rd millenium, around 2104 BC by some versions. By this time Dynastic Egypt had already been in existance for nearly 1000 years and the Sumerians as a civilization, were gone, having already had their own stories of a Great Flood.

cormac

This is assuming the day cycle was the same it is now. which its not, you would get 12 full hours of sunlight a day and no seasons worldwide

Okay, the bible says the earth is 5772 years old, Before the flood the conditions were WAY different, the bible says the fountains of the deep broke open and the rain started falling now theres proof of the fountains of the deep with fault lines all over the world and subterranean water chambers, also some believe that there was a layer of water somewhere added to the atmosphere,

Genesis 1:6-7

And God said. "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

It was like living in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber (increasing life spans, making us grow bigger and stronger (way more capable of building a boat that sized), not to mention would explain how the dinosaurs could have lived here considering they couldn't breath anymore.)). The mountains weren't that high before the flood, when the faults broke open they shoved terrain out of the water raising peaks and creating depths, the world pre-flood was fully habitable including the poles, which is why we find tropical debris under the ice all the time. i believe a comet hit causing all of this (putting us on our axis creating the frozen poles freezing mammoths with food in their mouths shattering the water atmosphere and breaking the deep open. the earth is currently wobbling like a top and is slowly going back on track this would also explain all the fossils and giant bones found all over the place.

Genesis 1:6-7

1:6

and “Elohiym [Powers]” said, a

sheet will exist in the midst of the

water and he existed making a

separation between water to water,

1:7

and “Elohiym [Powers]” made the

sheet and he made a separation

between the water which is under

the sheet and the water which is

upon the sheet and he existed so,

That's the literal translation from the original Hebrew text.

• Like 2

No Abe. In this case I'm talking about the use of 3760 BC, per the Jewish calendar, as the date of Creation. Which is what 'lightdefeatsdark' is using while not realizing when that would place the Great Flood. So whether this poster realizes it or not, they've invalidated their own speculation.

cormac

Just look at the geophysical evidence - after the last ice age (10-12,000 years ago) the worlds oceans rose around 100 metres (300 feet). Thus the Atlantic flooded the Mediterranean "valley", Black Sea, etc... There would have been a lot of people living in the valley, including Noah, as it was part of the Fertile Crescent.

But it didn't happen in 40 days.

It took thousands of years.

• Like 1

You need to push back your dates a bit. The oceans rose c.120 meters from the Last Glacial Maximum, which would be c.18,000 BC. By c.6000 BC they were nearly where they are now.

cormac

• Like 1

No Abe. In this case I'm talking about the use of 3760 BC, per the Jewish calendar, as the date of Creation. Which is what 'lightdefeatsdark' is using while not realizing when that would place the Great Flood. So whether this poster realizes it or not, they've invalidated their own speculation.

cormac

I love how everyone focused on the date i put as their replies and not on the actual content of the post itself.

You need to push back your dates a bit. The oceans rose c.120 meters from the Last Glacial Maximum, which would be c.18,000 BC. By c.6000 BC they were nearly where they are now.

cormac

No, that was some 2000 years later.

I love how everyone focused on the date i put as their replies and not on the actual content of the post itself.

But the date is important to the story.

cormac

If only we could prove that the people in the 19th century used some sort of keyboard, then a -0- is next to a -9- , hah.

This is assuming the day cycle was the same it is now. which its not, you would get 12 full hours of sunlight a day and no seasons worldwide

That's certainly not based on any scientific evidence. The earth is on a 41,000 year loop where axial tilt ranges from about 22 to 24.5 degrees. It's never been 0 degrees.

cormac

No, that was some 2000 years later.

I did say "nearly".

cormac

The date is important, for if they ever find some wooden planks belonging to some boat-like structure on some mountain, they will radiocarbon date it.

It IS the same.

You can give us any references for the cycle being different 4000 years ago?

We love references.

The news story is not

"Evidence Noah's Biblical Flood Happened"

It's evidence that a flood event occurred in the region of the Black Sea associated with melting ice caps and rising sea levels. The Bible tells of a flood that covered all land and killed everyone that wasn't on the ark. It was caused by rain and happened because everyone was being very naughty.

There's a huge difference.

Maybe the media should refrain from eye-catching and misleading headlines, and instead report things a little more accurately.

eg "Evidence For The Flood Event That Inspired The Legend of Noah's Ark"

The news story is not

"Evidence Noah's Biblical Flood Happened"

It's evidence that a flood event occurred in the region of the Black Sea associated with melting ice caps and rising sea levels. The Bible tells of a flood that covered all land and killed everyone that wasn't on the ark. It was caused by rain and happened because everyone was being very naughty.

There's a huge difference.

Maybe the media should refrain from eye-catching and misleading headlines, and instead report things a little more accurately.

eg "Evidence For The Flood Event That Inspired The Legend of Noah's Ark"

Now you're just asking for a media that tells the truth. What the heck is wrong with you? :w00t:

A truthful media is alot like an honest politician. They don't exist either.

cormac

Now you're just asking for a media that tells the truth. What the heck is wrong with you? :w00t:

A truthful media is alot like an honest politician. They don't exist either.

cormac

I protest in all form against that blanket statement.

But the flood in the Black Sea must have been nothing but a slowly and steadily rising tide because the Mediterranean started flowing over into the Black Sea. That took - what? a few decades? a century?.- before it reached the present sea level. Noah could have built a flotilla during that time, lol.

And wasn't Noah's Flood caused by rain?

About Eden:

http://www.unexplain...60#entry4463031

Ballard has been at this for years. I remember reading about his Black Sea theory six or seven years ago. It doesn't seem to be explained in the present article, but part of the theory involves the lower level of bodies of water at that point in time. On the linked map, for example, the Mediterranean, Sea of Marmara, and Black Sea did not connect at the time. In the theory the rising waters caused buildup through the Sea of Marmara to the extent that the thin natural land barrier collapsed and gave way, causing the water to rush in violently into the Black Sea.

In this scenario the western-most end of the Black Sea would've experienced violent flooding very quickly. That would account for archaeological sites quickly abandoned on an acient shoreline that is now 400 feet below the Black Sea—if Ballard can find evidence to substantiate the theory.

There may have been many floods as the Glaciers retreated but the concept of a total world wide flood is ridiculous.

• Like 2

There have been periods of extreme cold and extreme heat. If the cold was followed by a quick warm up it could very well have caused water to rise quickly flooding many coastal areas. As far as covering the planet in water, I doubt it.

There are floods in most mythologies which would imply that there was some huge flood at some point. The problem is that some people look past the lessons that are to be learned in all those stories and take thing too literaly. Learn what the stories are trying to tell you and you can really live a better life. Get caught up in "my myth is better than yours" and, well....

Ballard has been at this for years. I remember reading about his Black Sea theory six or seven years ago. It doesn't seem to be explained in the present article, but part of the theory involves the lower level of bodies of water at that point in time. On the linked map, for example, the Mediterranean, Sea of Marmara, and Black Sea did not connect at the time. In the theory the rising waters caused buildup through the Sea of Marmara to the extent that the thin natural land barrier collapsed and gave way, causing the water to rush in violently into the Black Sea.

In this scenario the western-most end of the Black Sea would've experienced violent flooding very quickly. That would account for archaeological sites quickly abandoned on an acient shoreline that is now 400 feet below the Black Sea—if Ballard can find evidence to substantiate the theory.

I do know of that scenario, but that would have occurred only very near the Bosporus. I have once posted a paper that contradicted the scenario as you described and it was based on scientific research, but I don't have that paper at hand.