Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FSA Capture another Tank

the-Unexpected-Soul

this is near Damascus, it's better to Capture the tank than destroy it,

the Presidential Palace is not far, i think they can point it to Presidential Palace and fire, but i'm not sure about the acceptable distance, can the tank hit a target from 20 KM away ?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the-Unexpected-Soul

• MichaelW

• and-then

• Mr.United_Nations

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Soul, what do you think Assad will do when they are near and come for him in his hole? Will the Alawites stand with him? Will he keep his word and fire scuds at Israel? What do you think?

So, Soul, what do you think Assad will do when they are near and come for him in his hole?

there is a chance he might go to Venezuela, or any other country that support him, also he might keep fighting untill Death, the man was from a ruling family since day one, i doubt he would just give up, he could do it way before this

Will the Alawites stand with him? Will he keep his word and fire scuds at Israel? What do you think?

i really don't like sectarianism, and while it's true that he is supported by the Alawites, not all the Alawites support him, also his supporters are not only Alawites

i think the core of this revolution is actually corruption of the regime, and the killing of Civilians, he acted stupid in handling with the situation by using Raw Violence, otherwise i think he had a golden chance to win the people, they accepted him for years before

but it seems his time have come,

there is a chance he might go to Venezuela, or any other country that support him, also he might keep fighting untill Death, the man was from a ruling family since day one, i doubt he would just give up, he could do it way before this

i really don't like sectarianism, and while it's true that he is supported by the Alawites, not all the Alawites support him, also his supporters are not only Alawites

i think the core of this revolution is actually corruption of the regime, and the killing of Civilians, he acted stupid in handling with the situation by using Raw Violence, otherwise i think he had a golden chance to win the people, they accepted him for years before

but it seems his time have come,

Yes, I realize that Christians also support him. It makes me sad that the people who have suffered so much in this conflict will probably continue to be slaughtered even after he is gone - though hopefully in smaller numbers. I read somewhere that he might create a miniature "State" in the north of the country and defend it with his chemical weapons. I hope he is either killed or deposed before that happens but I think no matter who wins the people of Syria are going to continue to be killed for a long time to come.

Oh god please don't go to Venezuela, i'll cry lol

your president support our X, you can't say no to him or else

Edited by the-Unexpected-Soul

your president support our X, you can't say no to him or else

He's British....

He's British....

Yes I am but also half Venezuelan, but that's not the point. I can't really say no or yes.

Yes I am but also half Venezuelan, but that's not the point. I can't really say no or yes.

I thought he was referring to the US president and I thought that he thought you where American.

Now all they have to do is to use it...and try not to loose it. [it appears to be a T-72]

They have very few armored vehicles and Assad still has most of the military firepower...When out-gunned, tactics and strategy are key to victory.

Now all they have to do is to use it...and try not to loose it. [it appears to be a T-72]

Correct. Although it doesn't look very state-of-the-art. Possibly a monkey-model export version.

Correct. Although it doesn't look very state-of-the-art. Possibly a monkey-model export version.

Absolutley. Syria has aprox 1,500 T-72M1. A few years back they began modernisation, adding new armour and Reflex, I think about six per tank. But I beleive all that has been completed so far is about 120 tanks of Presidential Guard Brigade, what a surprise... But even with modernisation these T-72M1 hardly reach T-72B level of protection. I think when these foreign governments bought (monkey model) T-72 all those years ago, they had no idea what a real T-72 was like, and I think NATO had not much better idea also, back then. But in the type of war in Syria, tanks are not so good. Perhaps if they had BMPT (Tank support combat vehicle).......

and video for those with no idea

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri

this is near Damascus, it's better to Capture the tank than destroy it,

the Presidential Palace is not far, i think they can point it to Presidential Palace and fire, but i'm not sure about the acceptable distance, can the tank hit a target from 20 KM away ?

[media=]

[/media]

Probably more around 2 kilometers or so, 20 km you need artillery/indirect fire

The regular T-72 had a 125mm main gun but exact range will depend on ammunition, fire control system, etc ... maybe someone here has been in the Syrian army and can tell us?

Probably more around 2 kilometers or so, 20 km you need artillery/indirect fire

The regular T-72 had a 125mm main gun but exact range will depend on ammunition, fire control system, etc ... maybe someone here has been in the Syrian army and can tell us?

Pretty sure you don't need to be in the army to tell the kind of technology found in the T-72 in the vid. As I posted earlier, it appears to simply be an export model, so I wouldn't expect any advanced technology like what the Russians have fitted to theirs currently.

And anyway, as our resident Russian poster suggested, any upgraded T-72 models are in service with the Presidential Guard. So these kinds of tanks are basic export versions of the tank without any upgrades.

Pretty sure you don't need to be in the army to tell the kind of technology found in the T-72 in the vid. As I posted earlier, it appears to simply be an export model, so I wouldn't expect any advanced technology like what the Russians have fitted to theirs currently.

And anyway, as our resident Russian poster suggested, any upgraded T-72 models are in service with the Presidential Guard. So these kinds of tanks are basic export versions of the tank without any upgrades.

Whatever it has - it sure beats their other models -sheet metal on a Volvo ;)

Whatever it has - it sure beats their other models -sheet metal on a Volvo ;)

Still just as vulnerable to the multitudes of RPG's and other anti-tank ordinance the government forces still possess.