Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Evidence Noah's Biblical Flood Happened

Still Waters

Noah's Flood Hypothesis May Not Hold Water

such a forceful flood could not have taken place, says Jun Abrajano, professor of earth and environmental sciences at Rensselaer. He is part of an international team of scientists who refute the so-called Noah's Flood Hypothesis.

Abrajano cites evidence of a much more gradual rising of the Black Sea that began to occur 10,000 years ago and continued for 2,000 years.

http://www.scienceda...20617074814.htm

Evidence a bursting flood never happened in the Black Sea .

• Like 1

Noah's Flood Hypothesis May Not Hold Water

such a forceful flood could not have taken place, says Jun Abrajano, professor of earth and environmental sciences at Rensselaer. He is part of an international team of scientists who refute the so-called Noah's Flood Hypothesis.

Abrajano cites evidence of a much more gradual rising of the Black Sea that began to occur 10,000 years ago and continued for 2,000 years.

Evidence a bursting flood never happened in the Black Sea .

That's the one. Thank you Docyabut

+++

EDIT:

Btw, I has to use another link for yours is not working:

http://news.rpi.edu/update.do?artcenterkey=371

Edited by Abramelin

I posted the link two or three threads back, but I guess most just over looked it:)

Maybe then it didn't work either, so what I did is paste the text you posted into Google and found another site with the same text.

(see edit in my former post)

Edited by Abramelin

And isn't that the same with Plato's "Atlantis" story?

Sorry Abramelin I guess the last link didn`t come through, but the one I posted on the frist thread did. Well any how see if this one comes through:)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/06/020617074814.htm

Some how I don`t think Plato` flood of Atlantis was related :)

Sorry Abramelin I guess the last link didn`t come through, but the one I posted on the frist thread did. Well any how see if this one comes through:)

Some how I don`t think Plato` flood of Atlantis was related :)

I didn't mean that Plato's tale was related to Noah's Flood, just that both tales were mot meant to be taken literally.

Okay, the bible says the earth is 5772 years old, Before the flood the conditions were WAY different, the bible says the fountains of the deep broke open and the rain started falling now theres proof of the fountains of the deep with fault lines all over the world and subterranean water chambers, also some believe that there was a layer of water somewhere added to the atmosphere,

Genesis 1:6-7

And God said. "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

It was like living in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber (increasing life spans, making us grow bigger and stronger (way more capable of building a boat that sized), not to mention would explain how the dinosaurs could have lived here considering they couldn't breath anymore.)). The mountains weren't that high before the flood, when the faults broke open they shoved terrain out of the water raising peaks and creating depths, the world pre-flood was fully habitable including the poles, which is why we find tropical debris under the ice all the time. i believe a comet hit causing all of this (putting us on our axis creating the frozen poles freezing mammoths with food in their mouths shattering the water atmosphere and breaking the deep open. the earth is currently wobbling like a top and is slowly going back on track this would also explain all the fossils and giant bones found all over the place.

The Bible doesn't give the age of the Earth. The number was derived by people taking literally the supposed ages from Adam on to come up with the number.

Even if we accept the ages, when we look at what is in the Bible, the derived age of the Earth is incorrect.

Genesis 4:14 Behold, You have driven me this day from the face of the ground; and from Your face I will be hidden, and I will be a vagrant

Genesis 4:16-17 Then Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

Cain had relations with his wife and she conceived, and gave birth to Enoch; and he built a city, and called the name of the city Enoch, after the name of his son.

The statement made by Cain (Gen 4:14) was when only Adam, Eve and Cain were supposed to be the only people (Cain having already slain Able) so there would have been no worry of being discovered by someone else.

Gen 4:16-17 would only be possible if other people existed for Cain to have chosen a wife from.

It is clear even from the Bible that there were people other than Adam and his descendants and there is no indication of when God Created them so the derived age is inaccurate at best.

The Bible doesn't give the age of the Earth. The number was derived by people taking literally the supposed ages from Adam on to come up with the number.

Even if we accept the ages, when we look at what is in the Bible, the derived age of the Earth is incorrect.

Genesis 4:14 Behold, You have driven me this day from the face of the ground; and from Your face I will be hidden, and I will be a vagrant

Genesis 4:16-17 Then Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

Cain had relations with his wife and she conceived, and gave birth to Enoch; and he built a city, and called the name of the city Enoch, after the name of his son.

The statement made by Cain (Gen 4:14) was when only Adam, Eve and Cain were supposed to be the only people (Cain having already slain Able) so there would have been no worry of being discovered by someone else.

Gen 4:16-17 would only be possible if other people existed for Cain to have chosen a wife from.

It is clear even from the Bible that there were people other than Adam and his descendants and there is no indication of when God Created them so the derived age is inaccurate at best.

It should also be taken into account that the part saying something to the effect of "...a day unto God is as 1000 years to man..." is a comparative statement. Meaning that one of God's days is a very, VERY long time to mankind. Much akin to using the number 40 as in "40 years of wandering" in the Moses story, since most people never lived to be 40 years old.

cormac

• Like 1

I think it is of great help to have an alternative translation, one more close to the original Hebrew text:

A Mechanical Translation of the Book of Genesis

The Hebrew text literally translated word for word

Jeff A. Benner 2007

Contents

This book will include two translations. The first is the Mechanical

Translation (MT), located in the left column, where every Hebrew word,

prefix and suffix is translated exactly the same way every time they

occur and in the same order as it is found in the Hebrew text. The second

is the Revised Mechanical Translation (RMT), located in the right

column, which re-arranges the words so that they can be understood

through standard English grammar. Included with each verse is the

Hebrew text (Biblia Hebraica Leningradensia) for those who know, or

are learning, Hebrew and is located above the MT and RMT.

Because the meaning of a Hebrew word cannot be conveyed completely

through one or two English words, each word found in the MT will be

included in the dictionary located at the back of this book. This

dictionary will more accurately define each word within the context of

the Ancient Hebrew language and culture.

Also included at the back of this book is a concordance allowing the

reader to search for each occurrence of a word within the book of

Genesis.

The project

This book is the beginning of a series of translations of the books of the

Bible which will, for the first time, translate the Hebrew text of the Bible

literally into English without inserting a translators interpretation of the

text.

http://www.ancient-h...e-books/mtg.pdf

Genesis Chapter 7, Verses 19 and 20 :

7:19

and the water had overcome a great

many upon the land and concealed

all of the high hills which are under

all of the sky,

7:20

fifteen forearms upward the water

overcame and much concealed the

hills,

This is far more accurate IMO. If I remember right, the Hebrew word for hill could also be used for mountain and was not properly used in the translation. When we add in that where Noah supposedly lived, no mountains could be seen even in the distance, we are left with the proper description of the hills having been covered.

It should also be taken into account that the part saying something to the effect of "...a day unto God is as 1000 years to man..." is a comparative statement. Meaning that one of God's days is a very, VERY long time to mankind. Much akin to using the number 40 as in "40 years of wandering" in the Moses story, since most people never lived to be 40 years old.

cormac

I think George Burns said it better in the movie Oh God. "Do you know how long a day is for me? When I woke up this morning, Sigmund Freud was still in medical school."

Maybe Noah took just DNA of animals.

LOL, but we never read anything about him having some sort of bio-lab.

• Like 1

This is far more accurate IMO. If I remember right, the Hebrew word for hill could also be used for mountain and was not properly used in the translation. When we add in that where Noah supposedly lived, no mountains could be seen even in the distance, we are left with the proper description of the hills having been covered.

Can you cover mountains with 15 cubits of water? I don't think so.

It were nothing but hills.

• Like 1

LOL, but we never read anything about him having some sort of bio-lab.

I thought if he worked with God...maybe God told him...Go and took all samples....Lol. I know how it sounds. That was more as redicule. Im still under impression of Peters theory of DNA as antene for orders from Cosmos.

Of course the great flood happened, regardless of religion..

Of course the great flood happened, regardless of religion..

Let Ballard do his research. Forget about the religous interpretations because it clouds what we need to know about history. We need to know what happens during global climate change.

Of course the great flood happened, regardless of religion...

Of course? Why is that?

Thanks for the link, Abe. I like to see both sides of the issue.

It's not really another side of the issue, it's the result of further research.

Exit Black Sea, lol.

Its surely no real surprise that all ancient peoples had flood stories. When they worked out agriculture was the way to go rather than hunter gathering they also would have worked out that crops grow better near rivers and rivers make for easy transport for trade of surplus in good years, they may not have at first realised they were also settling flood plains. People even now can live happily on flood plains for decades with no disasters and all it then takes is one or two really nasty wet years for a lot of flooding and damage to happen. They hadn't worked out weather patterns yet so blamed the gods and displeasing behaviour for these sudden floods that destroyed homes and crops, made stories up about it to warn their decendants that it could happen - none of which is an indicator of a real worldwide flood but is a reasonable explanation for why all ancient peoples have similar stories.

Sorry, my great, great great, great, etc.. grandad left the water running in his clay bathtub. :passifier:

• Like 2

Sorry, my great, great great, great, etc.. grandad left the water running in his clay bathtub. :passifier:

I'll bet he was playing with a rubber duck (or raven or dove) and a plastic boat too, lol.

• Like 1