Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay marriage 'to be illegal'

Still Waters

No I wouldn't. See all this is just your projection and justification. For attacking Christians. You pretend this is being done to you. To justify attacking me. I have said that it is a sin in the Bible. It is. So are many things that I do. No sin is worse than another. We sin because we are human. We all have different ways we will sin. Everyone sins. It's the way it is. I do not expect you to agree with me. But stop making up what I think or say. I have gay friends in the church. Their sin is their journey with God. It's not my place to tell them anything about it. I have enough of my own sin to worry about. A priest might be different. But a priest would encourage me to change my ways too.

Yes you would. You've already used 'the bible says it's an abomination' as an arguement. If I was christian would you really not try and drive it home?

I pity you. Most of all I pity those gay friends of yours. Why they would want to be a part of a church that hates them is beyond me.

Totally silly. Look how short that page was. It was not revered around the world. It happened in some places. It was rare. At the same time this was happening. Most of the world thought it was not ok. You can't cherry pick your facts here. But again. That is a different discussion.

Not silly. It may be short, yes, but that doesn't make it irrelevent.

A few pages back you posted a list of abominations in the bible. That page was short too. But no, that must be held in high regard and something else (which is more comprehensive) must be shot down.

• Like 1

Yes you would. You've already used 'the bible says it's an abomination' as an arguement. If I was christian would you really not try and drive it home?

I pity you. Most of all I pity those gay friends of yours. Why they would want to be a part of a church that hates them is beyond me.

No. I said the Church believes that. That is what they believe. My friends wouldn't join a church that tried to drive it home. They aren't members of those types of churches. They ignore them. They are happy.

No. I said the Church believes that. That is what they believe. My friends wouldn't join a church that tried to drive it home. They aren't members of those types of churches. They ignore them. They are happy.

And yet they are part of a church that believes in the bible... so why aren't they miserable? Why aren't they being poorly treated? Why aren't they being called abominations every five seconds?

Let me ask something, are they in relationships?

Edited by shadowhive

hey Cassea.. maybe you aren't able to see how you are making us all run around in a circle.. its quite intense, mentally..

peace to you..

Why? First of all. I don't make you do anything. Second of all. There is no circle here. It's a clear straight line. The Church disagrees with gay marriage. They don't want to be forced to perform gay marriages. They put forth this law. With the option to opt in. if your church doesn't mind performing gay weddings. There's nothing bad happening here. So what is the problem? If yo don't feel that you have the right to force your views on others. Why are people trying to force the Church not to do this? The reason it seems like you are going in circles. Is because you don't make any sense. You keep contradicting yourselves.

Why? First of all. I don't make you do anything. Second of all. There is no circle here. It's a clear straight line. The Church disagrees with gay marriage. They don't want to be forced to perform gay marriages. They put forth this law. With the option to opt in. if your church doesn't mind performing gay weddings. There's nothing bad happening here. So what is the problem? If yo don't feel that you have the right to force your views on others. Why are people trying to force the Church not to do this? The reason it seems like you are going in circles. Is because you don't make any sense. You keep contradicting yourselves.

The church didn't put forth this law, the goverment did. In fact the church wasn't even consulted on the specifics.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20723593

Edited by shadowhive

And yet they are part of a church that believes in the bible... so why aren't they miserable? Why aren't they being poorly treated? Why aren't they being called abominations every five seconds?

Let me ask something, are they in relationships?

Some are but I'm not that involved in their personal lives. They aren't miserable because as Christians we all have a journey with God. No one has a better walk. We are all sinners. Their sin happens to be that. I have my own sins. Why wouldn't they be happy? You don't believe in God or Jesus so to you it seems like. Just the rules. You are not benefiting from the love and salvation of Jesus.

The church didn't put forth this law, the goverment did.

That's another silly point. The Church is government sanctioned. So it's basically the same thing. But the point of the law is to prevent the Church. From being sued in the future. For refusing to perform gay weddings. It says nothing about gay marriage being illegal.

Some are but I'm not that involved in their personal lives. They aren't miserable because as Christians we all have a journey with God. No one has a better walk. We are all sinners. Their sin happens to be that. I have my own sins. Why wouldn't they be happy? You don't believe in God or Jesus so to you it seems like. Just the rules. You are not benefiting from the love and salvation of Jesus.

And the priest of your church is allowing this? Shouldn't your priest be acting more to make sure that they dont. After all, it's an abomination right?

Theres no benefit to christianity. The fowlest people I have ever met, the ones that treated me the worst, were christians.

And the priest of your church is allowing this? Shouldn't your priest be acting more to make sure that they dont. After all, it's an abomination right?

Theres no benefit to christianity. The fowlest people I have ever met, the ones that treated me the worst, were christians.

So you are revealing yourself. You are justifying bashing Christians. Because of your personal baggage. But it doesn't apply to everyone. You are biased and use that bias. To justify attacking all Christians. You rationalize it by pretending you are defending yourself against an attack. That is not coming. Just the very same thing you accuse the Church of doing.

That's another silly point. The Church is government sanctioned. So it's basically the same thing. But the point of the law is to prevent the Church. From being sued in the future. For refusing to perform gay weddings. It says nothing about gay marriage being illegal.

Since you ignored by earlier posts about the church wanting to force everyone, heres some links.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17249099

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-19383571

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18405318

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17329902

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17315515

So you are revealing yourself. You are justifying bashing Christians. Because of your personal baggage. But it doesn't apply to everyone. You are biased and use that bias. To justify attacking all Christians. You rationalize it by pretending you are defending yourself against an attack. That is not coming. Just the very same thing you accuse the Church of doing.

You say being gay is an abomination according to the bible. Yet you are part of a congregation with gay people in relationships and have no problem with that. You reek of hypocrisy.

You'e made my point better than I could.

• Like 1

You say being gay is an abomination according to the bible. Yet you are part of a congregation with gay people in relationships and have no problem with that. You reek of hypocrisy.

You'e made my point better than I could.

What a nasty post. It shows that if you can't condemn me for what you accuse. You will find any reason. You have an issue with Christianity. I'm sorry for that. But that doesn't give you the right to try to force your views on others. Or to attack those who disagree with you. You are making reasons to justify it. But you are wrong. You have proven my point quite well yourself. I'm finished here.

• Like 1

What a nasty post. It shows that if you can't condemn me for what you accuse. You will find any reason. You have an issue with Christianity. I'm sorry for that. But that doesn't give you the right to try to force your views on others. Or to attack those who disagree with you. You are making reasons to justify it. But you are wrong. You have proven my point quite well yourself. I'm finished here.

I think he needs to learn tolerance towards others who are religious.

Its been centuries since Christains went around imposing their faith on others so he has no argument. Religious people have a right to be left alone to practice their faith without outside groups trying to force their values onto them.

• Like 1

Its been centuries since Christains went around imposing their faith on others

wait...what???

No, it shows you hold the church up to a high standard and complain that I want to change it by claiming it's impossible, yet you are part of a church which obviously ignores the teaching and have no issue with it!

You're not sorry at all.

And, as always, you miss the point entirely. I can't say I'm surprised.

Edited by shadowhive

Its been centuries since Christains went around imposing their faith on others so he has no argument. Religious people have a right to be left alone to practice their faith without outside groups trying to force their values onto them.

Whenever same sex marriage is bought before governments, religous groups are the first to try and halt it. How is that not them trying to force their way on people?

Seems you and Cassea have something that means you have to misrepresent everything I say, even if it's clear.

Edited by shadowhive

Whenever same sex marriage is bought before governments, religous groups are the first to try and halt it. How is that not them trying to force their way on people?

Also a lie. They have fought for the definition of marriage. They haven't had as much issue with civil unions. Your own link shows that. You are making things up to justify your reasons. You are also attacking us personally because you can't make your case.

Your links don't back up. Your argument at all.

Writing in the Sunday Telegraph, Cardinal O'Brien said: "Since all the legal rights of marriage are already available to homosexual couples, it is clear that this proposal is not about rights, but rather is an attempt to redefine marriage for the whole of society at the behest of a small minority of activists.
Same-sex couples in Scotland can already enter into civil partnerships. The Scottish government has promised to protect religious freedoms, and says any changes would not see churches forced to take part in same-sex ceremonies.

Also a lie. They have fought for the definition of marriage. They haven't had as much issue with civil unions. Your own link shows that. You are making things up to justify your reasons. You are also attacking us personally because you can't make your case.

They fought against marriage changing, even when it was civil marriage own. Civil marriage and definition is decided solely by the government, not by the church. The church was, thusly, butting in where it didn't belong from the start.

'Haven't had as much issue' isn't the same as no issue, They always had issues with civil partnerships too. They didn't want them because they were 'too close to marriage' again, even though they were done by the government.

Gay people have always wanted same sex marriages, not civil unions, not civil partnerships, but marriage. Those other things are lesser and still considered as being inferior. they're always the result of compromises to appease religions and you know what I'm sick of religions I'm not part of trying to dicate if I can and cannot get married. Why should i have to settle for something seperate to appease the church's whims? Why should anyone?

We have equality laws in this country and, before this all started, the church already had entitlements not to follow it to the letter. Look at the claims they'd be forced. They claim that the equality law that they don't have to follow anyway, would be used against them, even though it can't be now.

I'm not making things up, nor am I attacking you personally. But hey, you always seem to have problems with what I say.

Edited by shadowhive

No, it shows you hold the church up to a high standard and complain that I want to change it by claiming it's impossible, yet you are part of a church which obviously ignores the teaching and have no issue with it!

You're not sorry at all.

And, as always, you miss the point entirely. I can't say I'm surprised.

You have no right to change it.

You have no right to change it.

No. I have no right to FORCE it to change.

I have every right to try and change it, to encourage change especially since that change is for the greater good for all.

Big difference. You and Casea should really learn that.

Edited by shadowhive
  • Like 1

You don't have the power to force it to change. That's a semantic game. You are trying to act like it's a huge deal. Basically you don't have the right to be aggressive and nasty. With Christians because you don't agree with their beliefs. You don't believe in God either. So it is very easy for you to dismiss the words. As unimportant. Trying to get us to change our views. Is shoving your views down our throats. I have never been disrespectful to a homosexual. I have simply shared the statements in the Bible. I don't involve myself with other people's issues. If i know someone committed adultery. I don't attack. It is not my place. You on the other hand. Want the Church to ignore the words of God. And agree with you.

You don't have the power to force it to change. That's a semantic game. You are trying to act like it's a huge deal. Basically you don't have the right to be aggressive and nasty. With Christians because you don't agree with their beliefs. You don't believe in God either. So it is very easy for you to dismiss the words. As unimportant. Trying to get us to change our views. Is shoving your views down our throats. I have never been disrespectful to a homosexual. I have simply shared the statements in the Bible. I don't involve myself with other people's issues. If i know someone committed adultery. I don't attack. It is not my place. You on the other hand. Want the Church to ignore the words of God. And agree with you.

you hide behind your interpretation of the word of god so that you don't have to field the blame for your own personal viewpoint.

You don't have the power to force it to change

Point to where I said I wanted to force it to chang.. You are purposely misrepresenting me, ignoring what I say and twisting my words.

The discussion ends here, because, quite frankly, I've had enough of you doing it and you don't seem to stop.

All what you care about is the word of god. That''s all that matters. I hope selling your humanity out is worth it.

I pity that you can't see further than what the bible says, that you can't think for yourself for five minutes.

Edited by shadowhive

you hide behind your interpretation of the word of god so that you don't have to field the blame for your own personal viewpoint.

I have not. That's completely a lie. I have stated my opinion on this several times. I have no issue with homosexuality. If someone is gay it is between them and God. Not me.