Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elementary school shooting

Simbi Laveau

On the topic of gun control because of this: Is everyone familiar with the happening in TX during which the burglar called 911 for help - Oh yeah the burglar, Normal looking folks awakened by someone walking through their bedroom - Homeowner got his gun and went outside - Only to have the burglar jump in his truck and lock the doors - if you have seen the video, it's a hoot. But they did everything right. Mom is calling 911 - 10 yr. son is backing his dad up with his own shot gun and burglar calls 911 - for help ! Mom says Ya better come quick cause my husband is fixin to shoot him - And the police dispatcher on the 911 call replied to the burglar, "Don't get out of your truck - 'cause he is really going to shoot you." The dad is telling his son, "We don't have to kill him. If he gets out of that truck just shoot him at the knees."

All my comments today have sounded pro gun control and that is not what I feel. I watched the video once and then thought ' Of that has to be in Texas - and yes, It was & " God bless Texas" it was !!! but everything in their response was right - Mom called 911 - Dad had obviously taught the son to shoot - and he was giving instructions as to how... and not to kill i he did not have to -

X All pieces of correct training have to be there ! Hope some of you saw that video - I will hazard $20 bucks that this ADAM had non of that training !

Hi,

Just want to say how bizarre that story sounds to a person from a country where guns are illegal! It just seems the most incredible thing that a 10 year old is armed with his own shot gun :unsure2:

• Like 1

My kids took an NRA safety course when they were 12 so they could apply for their hunting licenses. All are grown now and my daughter doesn't hunt, but both my sons do. There's a difference between hunting and teaching kids that there's an apocalypse coming, if indeed that's what the mother was doing.

• Like 1

My kids took an NRA safety course when they were 12 so they could apply for their hunting licenses. All are grown now and my daughter doesn't hunt, but both my sons do. There's a difference between hunting and teaching kids that there's an apocalypse coming, if indeed that's what the mother was doing.

I've backed off on reading too much about it, but I haven't heard that.

yes my daughter took the gun safety course as well when she started hunting with her dad. he taught the course at his gun club but it was someone else that had to teach our kids - apparently you cannot teach your own children for the course certificate.

I've backed off on reading too much about it, but I haven't heard that.

http://www.cbsnews.c...rer-adam-lanza/

The current boyfriend of the mother also says the same things. That mom was a survivalist getting prepared. Link is in here somewhere.

Edited by susieice

I think this might be some important reading. This article is not about Adam Lanza, however, this was written 3 days before Fridays tragedy by a woman who has a son who is 14, anti-social, undiagnosed as of yet, but mom has heard possible diagnosis' of ADHD, Autism Spectrum, and others. This is a heartbreaking read, but it might explain some things. If these were symptoms Lanza had experienced in his lifetime, I'm pretty sure this is a child I would not expose to violent video games, guns or other violent media. I'm not saying this is Lanzas profile, but this is an important read none-the-less I think.

The real tragedy in these stories is that there is little to no help for parents raising these children who hang in the balance. In fact, there's little to no help for anyone trying to help someone with violent or potentially violent mental disease

This is true. I studied this before I had to drop out of school. But there is a huge amount of stress with teenaged anti social violent teen boys. Please be sure. I am not saying all teen age autistic boys are like this. Of course not. But there is enough evidence for me to see there was a real problem. It's a specific thing. And there isn't enough help. When I did a student teaching in schools for self contained. Special ed. The boys had issues with the normal energy that teen boys have. But they didn't have the same outlets. Sports or yoga. Yoga would be the best. But it is difficult to support. The idea of sending one of these kids. To gun practice. Is terrifying to me. And to any teacher I have spoken to. It is creating a monster.

It seems some moron rang in a bomb threat to a church..

Sky News Up-Date..

Many residents and visitors took solace in church on Sunday.

At a packed St. Rose Catholic church, the priest's announcements included news that the Christmas pageant rehearsal would go on as planned, but without six-year-old Olivia Engel, who died before she could play the role of an angel.

Shortly before Mr Obama was due to arrive, worshippers at the church close to the school were evacuated after a reported bomb threat.

Armed police were sent but it was quickly decided that there was no danger to the public.

Read the full article --> http://news.sky.com/...in-mourning .... It also contains a good few pictures of the little victims faces, along with some adults... When I saw their little faces, it really sunk in more so, So very sad..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

It seems some moron rang in a bomb threat to a church..

Sky News Up-Date..

Many residents and visitors took solace in church on Sunday.

At a packed St. Rose Catholic church, the priest's announcements included news that the Christmas pageant rehearsal would go on as planned, but without six-year-old Olivia Engel, who died before she could play the role of an angel.

Shortly before Mr Obama was due to arrive, worshippers at the church close to the school were evacuated after a reported bomb threat.

Armed police were sent but it was quickly decided that there was no danger to the public.

Read the full article --> http://news.sky.com/...in-mourning .... It also contains a good few pictures of the little victims faces, along with some adults... When I saw their little faces, it really sunk in more so, So very sad..

And the day before this, someone wrote on a picture of one of the victims at the Church " this was just the start ", or something to that effect...

And the day before this, someone wrote on a picture of one of the victims at the Church " this was just the start ", or something to that effect...

I'm speechless. How could somone be that insensitively demented. I guess that this was the sort of thing trolls did before the internet was invented.

*shakes head*

Now that is twisted.. What the heck is up with some people? Is there some race to see who can prove to be the biggest moron around ? Ringing in bomb threats.. writing that crap..what the hell is next? Children died for petes sake along side others.. What the hell is wrong with some people??

EDIT to add..I sure hope it is a rumour and nothing more.. But considering that someone rang in a bomb threat, I wouldn't put it past any twisted person to do it..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

I'm speechless. How could somone be that insensitively demented. I guess that this was the sort of thing trolls did before the internet was invented.

*shakes head*

That sounds like nothing more than rumor to me.. as with alot of what is being posted lately... we should really just let the investigation play out and go with the factual information.... The press conference today actually referenced this issue.

• Like 2

Now that is twisted.. What the heck is up with some people? Is there some race to see who can prove to be the biggest moron around ? Ringing in bomb threats.. writing that crap..what the hell is next? Children died for petes sake along side others.. What the hell is wrong with some people??

EDIT to add..I sure hope it is a rumour and nothing more.. But considering that someone rang in a bomb threat, I wouldn't put it past any twisted person to do it..

It was not a bomb threat, actually worse.......

NEWTOWN, Conn.--St. Rose of Lima Roman Catholic Church was evacuated during its noon mass on Sunday due to an anonymous threat made by phone.

A spokesman for the church told Yahoo News that an unidentified male called the rectory, threatening to "kill everyone."

"My friend didn't finish the job," the caller said, according to the church official.

The church alerted state police, who said it was a credible enough threat and ordered the church be evacuated, the spokesman said................

It's the second threat in as many days for St. Rose, according the Washington Post. On Saturday, the church displayed posters for parishioners to express their grief. However, an unknown prankster wrote, "This is just round one," on one of them, the pastor said.

By 2:30 p.m., the church had closed its doors and cancelled their evening mass.

Here is source link and story..... http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/newtown-church-evacuated-due-unspecified-threat-during-noon-182416799.html

We need a plague...........

• Like 1

The State police spokesman made it pretty clear not to trust anything that isn't posted directly from Newtown. The Newtown Bee seems to be their link to the public as far as information goes... www.newtownbee.com. He says that none of the state, county or local officials are talking to the media. Misinformation will only make this situation worse... confusion is the worst form of distraction.

• Like 1

Misinformation will only make this situation worse... confusion is the worst form of distraction.

i couldn't agree more

• Like 1

As with the rest of the Nation I have been heavy hearted since Friday.... though I thought myself cold for not shedding a tear... I was beginning to think that my days as a soldier and a first responder had left me unfeeling.... however... I watched SNL's opening segment on my phone a few minutes ago and I bawled like a baby... I give props to the crew for taking those few moments to do What they did. I can't post links from my phone... just look up SNL opens with silent night....

Edited by Dredimus
  • Like 3

People are creating twitter accounts with fake information, saying twitter has agreed to donate money for every "follower" or "retweet" they get. One claimed to be a victim's mother, claiming her son was named "Ryan", obviously as we know nobody was killed was named this.

Twitter has shut down two big accounts already, one with over 150,000 followers.

This woman's son's picture was wrongly used by a Twitter account claiming it as "her son" who "died" in the shootings, the woman posts a picture of the boy very much alive. It's sick how people try to profit off this, with the followers they gain, in a week or two they can throw out ads on Twitter and gain profit from 20 children and 6 adults being shot.

Here are the links.

https://twitter.com/_Pray4Newtown

https://twitter.com/AvgHousewife

How terrible can people be...trying to profit off this. I'm losing faith in people a little bit more every day.

Edited by Mario Lemieux
  • Like 1

Oh great, now they're trying to blame a sci-fi game for everything:

Mob Blames Mass Effect For School Shooting, Is Embarrassingly Wrong

In the wake of the terrible tragedy in Connecticut, initial reports said the shooter was a 24 year-old named Ryan Lanza. Online, people quickly located a Ryan Lanza on Facebook and searched through his profile to see if there were any "clues" they could pin the shooting on. They found their clues...but the wrong Lanza.

As we now know, the shooter was apparently Adam Lanza, the younger brother of a man named Ryan Lanza (It's unclear if the killer's brother and the Ryan Lanza on Facebook are the same person, though some details match).

But during those initial reports, a mob of angry Facebook users noticed that Ryan Lanza had liked Mass Effect on Facebook. Coupled with news reports that a Fox News expert connected the horrific shooting to video games, some felt like this was proof positive that games were to blame.

A Facebook pile-on began. "There is a connection between violent games and senseless violence in real life," wrote Facebook user Becky Laird Gluff. Another user, Melanie Bowers, said, "Ban this game and the people who created such sickness." And Catherine Barowski Plummer even wrote, "I am sure none of these precious children had this game on their Santa list... God help protect us from all the evil our society promotes." (More in the above gallery)

http://kotaku.com/5968683/mob-blames-mass-effect-for-school-shooting-is-embarrassingly-wrong/gallery/1

I just can't facepalm enough ...

It was not a bomb threat, actually worse.......

NEWTOWN, Conn.--St. Rose of Lima Roman Catholic Church was evacuated during its noon mass on Sunday due to an anonymous threat made by phone.

A spokesman for the church told Yahoo News that an unidentified male called the rectory, threatening to "kill everyone."

"My friend didn't finish the job," the caller said, according to the church official.

The church alerted state police, who said it was a credible enough threat and ordered the church be evacuated, the spokesman said................

I was saying to my husband last night, what if this shooter was not working alone? What if he and a couple of his friends all planned this and then some? I could be wrong, but it would not surprise me

Edited by Beckys_Mom

we call them the handlers. The man in the woods. I didnt do it. Of course not he just sat there in camo and watched it happen. Look up Coloumbias most scary drug scopolamine and understand mind control and SSRI's and they have create a predicable brain wavelength and then go back 40 years to the government experimenting with these same processes and you have yourself the beginning of a conspiracy theory. Big Pharm vs the NRA.

But I digress from a horribly sad shooting and young lives lost too soon.

Oh great, now they're trying to blame a sci-fi game for everything:

Mob Blames Mass Effect For School Shooting, Is Embarrassingly Wrong

http://kotaku.com/59...wrong/gallery/1

I just can't facepalm enough ...

Yes. because before computer games, no one ever thought it would be right to go off and shoot anyone.. This is the fault of games and I might add TV.. They are evil promoting evil Ban the lot If we ban those horrid games, then we can live in a crime free world, and no one will ever get hurt or shot again ...!!

The above was sarcasm ..

Seriously speaking though, and not just this particular case... I find what is wrong with people is, they are too busy trying to find a tool or something else to point the finger.. I know people are wondering - What possesses people to go out and commit these senseless crimes? They will sit and think why why why?

They will come up with anything.. IE Drugs, Games, TV, Heavy metal music ( nick names by the religious as - Satans music ) Drink, The devil made me do it, and so on.. I understand why people try to figure out what goes on in a killers mind to commit these rotten crimes, so it is natural to try and think why and what can cause it?

What I personally disagree with, is pointing the finger at the tools, like guns, TV and games etc.. Blaming the tool is a cop out in my opinion, because the person who commits the crimes are fully responsible. We should take responsibility for our own actions.. If your mind is able to plot and plan a killing, then you are at fault for going ahead with it

If I shoot someone..then my gun or the fact that I may have watched some violent TV show or played a game will not be at fault.. I would be fully responsible for my own actions..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

It does seen we`ve bred a sick society from the screwed up brain dead drug users,and the violent vidio games, the lack of the good old ten commandants. To bad a person`s mental record or any one in their home with a mental record can`t be reveal to the guns sellers, just as the crimminal records are before allowing to buy a gun. Of course thats against the privacy act and would properly be most of the people. No one wants a police state ,but there sould be more police placed at the schools, malls ect.Something got to be done to protect the schools and the public.

Edited by docyabut2

Its a covert war between Big Pharm and the NRA. Its a known side effect of SSRI's which this shooter was taking. The mother failed to keep her guns locked up wich was a felony btw. Although I have no reason to believe he didnt gain access to them via auspicious means. So I believe that would be the 1st question to ask if you wanted to know what went wrong.

Still such a horrible loss of innocence. Who really cares why or what. If it was a tornadoe we would be selling the same grief. IMO