Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What song gets you moving in the morning?

Mantis914

I thought since today is Friday, we'd lay off the negative crap and fighting and chill for today. There's a lot of cool people on this website so I thought you all would probably listen to some really good stuff. My question is: it's hard enough to wake up in the morning but what song really gets you moving and in a good mood for the rest of the day? I'll go first and feel free to post videos or just list the song...

First one that comes to mind...

• Like 2

Ahhh, music!!

Well, I have two choices, because I like music too much.

I choose these two songs because they are my favorite songs to wake up and play along on the drums with every day. They're just my favorite songs to play with, giving me that feeling I can get nowhere else when I get to my favorite part to hit the sticks to. 10 minutes of my waking day is all I need to start off right.

I wish everyone int he world to have a hobby they find so fulfilling inside.

• Like 1

None. I want my brain to start working, not to be lulled in.

It's the Final Countdown!

(And if that keyboard riff doesn't play in your head after reading that, I'm disappointed)

• Like 5

A cup of coffee is what gets me moving.

Just off the top of my head...

Muse

- Starlight

- Hysteria

Red Hot Chili Peppers

- Give It Away

- All Around The World

Rage Against The Machine - Guerrilla Radio

Deftones - Headup

Edited by sarah_444
  • Like 1

Just off the top of my head...

Muse

- Starlight

- Hysteria

Red Hot Chili Peppers

- Give It Away

- All Around The World

Rage Against The Machine - Guerrilla Radio

Deftones - Headup

As soon as I read "Give It Away", Flea's bass riff kicked into my head from that song... great selection

I channel surf the radio incessantly but if nothing's appealing I usually turn on a CD of Van Halen's 1984 and play "Panama" and "Hot for Teacher":

I sometimes skip back and listen again. These songs should be old by now, but ... like the coach says ... don't change a winning game ... don't mess with success ...

• Like 2

Grrroooowwwwllll,Sssssnnnnaaaarrrrllll,Songs are not on my morning menu.

• Like 1

Grrroooowwwwllll,Sssssnnnnaaaarrrrllll,Songs are not on my morning menu.

Oh come on~~!!! Don't tell me we got a few Oscar the Grouches here in the morning????

• Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock!

• Like 2

Ahhh, music!!

Well, I have two choices, because I like music too much.

I choose these two songs because they are my favorite songs to wake up and play along on the drums with every day. They're just my favorite songs to play with, giving me that feeling I can get nowhere else when I get to my favorite part to hit the sticks to. 10 minutes of my waking day is all I need to start off right.

[media=]

I wish everyone int he world to have a hobby they find so fulfilling inside.

That's what I'm talking about... I play bass myself... I could list a ton of songs that make my day that much more better hearing it on the radio on the way to work in the morning...

For a long lot of years...

[media=]

[/media]

I prefer it quieter mow...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 1

I woke up to this song on the alarm-clock radio the other day.

Its pretty hard to not bounce up out of the bed to the chorus of this song, and greet a ****ty, rainy day as it was sunshine and blue skies outside. :D

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Excellent selections, Muzzy! I heard one the other day that made the commute that much more bearable, hadn't heard this one in forever:

• 3 months later...

I channel surf the radio incessantly but if nothing's appealing I usually turn on a CD of Van Halen's 1984 and play "Panama" and "Hot for Teacher":

I sometimes skip back and listen again. These songs should be old by now, but ... like the coach says ... don't change a winning game ... don't mess with success ...

I always say, "It's not old if people are still listening to it! A lot of those songs were written anyway back in the mid to late 70's just like the recent album of VH...

GGGGrrrrooooaaaannn,Cant wake up till I've had me coffee,DEFINITELY NO MUSIC,that would make me real grumpy all day. Aaaarrrggghhh.

• Like 2

Which sucks hard.

You didn't like it? I think it should've been done like 25 years ago while the momentum of the band was going. Apparently, EVH has a lot of material waiting to be released but can the band keep up? It's not like they are spring chickens any more...

GGGGrrrrooooaaaannn,Cant wake up till I've had me coffee,DEFINITELY NO MUSIC,that would make me real grumpy all day. Aaaarrrggghhh.

Absolutely, after coffee is an acceptable time to listen to music. Here's one of my favorite ones...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4u62e5WYQo

You didn't like it? I think it should've been done like 25 years ago while the momentum of the band was going. Apparently, EVH has a lot of material waiting to be released but can the band keep up? It's not like they are spring chickens any more...

No, it was horrible. The reason they used all that old material is Ed's so insecure these days, he needed a crutch. It makes me cringe at how bad it is and all the gimmicks they used, like "Stay Frosty" or what should be called "Ice Cream Man, Part Deux". I could go on, but all I found myself doing the few times I listened to it was shaking my head.

• Like 1