Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

United States is in Revelation several times

Copen

Hi to all,

Has anyone considerd the Vatican, as the anti-christ? Or? those that where the satin , gold and purple?

Sounds like you are getting stuck on "man". The anti-christ is a spirit. The Vatican's pope is a man. The 666 is the number of the name of the beast (empire) with 2 horns like a lamb.

The harlot is dressed in purple and luxurious clothes. She was a woman not a man. The woman in the beginning of the NT era was the true unworldly persecuted church. Persecution is why she fled into the wilderness. She went into the wilderness of Colonial America for religious freedom where she was preserved for a time (400 years) and times (3 x 400=1200 years) and half a time (200 years). That equals 1800 years.

The next we see the woman, she has come out of the wilderness (America) and is rich. She has learned how to merchandise religious trinkets, built mega churches, preaches sermons that are not free like Paul's, beg for money to finance her pet projects and TV shows, sells tours and cruises with clean entertainment and Bible study, and etc. She has gained global power through her goodwill outreaches funded by Christians which influence kings and politicians with her money. She uses devices of the world and is riding on evil devices for good causes. The Holy Spirit is not present in her efforts. It is all being done by the arm of man and money.

When you see a six pointed Star of David with a cross in the middle of it, pray for discernment as to whether this is the mark of this empire beast with two horns like a lamb.

God bless us all is my prayer.

• 11 months later...

(COPEN) OK! The USA may or may not end up being bad in the end times? I can't say! but this whole 666 United States thing is ridiculus? We are actually America? but since that dioesn't have 6 letters in it, it gets left out?? We are not just the united states, there are many united states, America the beautiful? North America? Where do you get just United States from? Sorry, but that is kind of weak in my opinion. But like I said, we may or may not be in the end, but not based on picking certain names that can fit 6 letters each

• Like 1

The second beast has two horns like a lamb. That is why it is the United States and Israel. The horns represent religions. These two have a religion that speaks of a lamb more than any other. United States rather than United States of America because that is the way it is referred to and spoken about. United States of America is the official name but when the words United States are mentioned everybody knows the nation being referenced. Next: add United States & Israel and the number of those letters fit 6 for each name, making it 666.

Chapter 12 is a summary and a flashback to what had happened thus far. The woman (spiritual Israel) was taught for 3 1/2 years by Jesus. She was preserved in the wilderness not in Herod's Temple in Jerusalem. This same woman is persued by the devil with such ferocity that the New Testament woman would have been completely destroyed had it not been for two wings of an eagle. Roman made Christianity the official religion which saved her. Persecution started again and the woman fled from England with the flood of persecution about to engulf her. She fled across the ocean to Colonial America. There in the wilderness of Colonial America the flood was swallowed up. Persecution ceased because she was given religious freedom. Colonial America eventually took up the eagle for their national symbol. Making the United States the 2nd wing of the eagle that saved the woman.

The next time we read of the woman (spiritual Israel - the New Testament Church) she has come out of the wilderness. It's the same Christian church but she has morphed into a harlot. A harlot sells herself. The church now sells trinkets, has bake sales, yard sales, entertainments, cruises and etc.--- and always she looks rich and has done so many humanitarian projects that kings of other nations embrace her. Problem is she now teaches "free will" which is not what the founding fathers taught when they escaped to Colonial America. God tells Christians to come out of her lest God's wrath encompass them also.

(COPEN) OK! The USA may or may not end up being bad in the end times? I can't say! but this whole 666 United States thing is ridiculus? We are actually America? but since that dioesn't have 6 letters in it, it gets left out?? We are not just the united states, there are many united states, America the beautiful? North America? Where do you get just United States from? Sorry, but that is kind of weak in my opinion. But like I said, we may or may not be in the end, but not based on picking certain names that can fit 6 letters each
Edited by Copen

I could never figure out Revelations. It is like it was written by Lovecraft on a drug trip.

I could never figure out Revelations. It is like it was written by Lovecraft on a drug trip.

I always heard it was supposed to be veiled criticism of the Roman Empire.

• Like 1

I always heard it was supposed to be veiled criticism of the Roman Empire.

Partly. When it was written, however, it was confirming a relatively new idea: That the kingdom of God didn't just belong to the Jews. In fact, Jerusalem was to be given over to the Gentiles (Rev. 11:2) and that the Church would both suffer and rule over their oppressors for a certain dispensation (represented by 1260 days.)

Luke 21:24 confirms that Jerusalem was to be trampled on until the Times of the Gentiles were fulfilled. Romans 11:25 confirms this as well. This new idea was about to explode into reality, as the Jewish Nation was scattered to the four winds.

Revelation chapter 10 introduces this idea, as can be seen at the end of the chapter: "And I was told, l “You must again prophesy about many peoples and nations and languages and kings.” - Rev. 10:11

Revelation 12:17 introduces the persecution of these Gentiles (or other nations), beginning with the Roman Empire. Then Revelation 13 goes on to explain the persecution of the saints during the reign of the Church...an ironic twist that is explained in Revelation 17-18. This is where the parable of the good seed and bad seed comes in. The good seed and bad seed are indistinguishable until they are manifest. So the world will not tell the difference between them except by how they treat others. And that is the twist in Revelation 13-18. The bad seed would oppress the good seed.

That is why John was so amazed in Rev. 17:6. He would not have imagined that the Church would turn into that.

The second beast actually is not America. The first beast was the Holy Roman Empire. The second beast comes after that, and rules alongside it. The second beast was the Spanish Empire, ruled from Spain and Portugal. During this kingdom, the kings of Spain aggressively expanded, even to the Americas. The Spanish kings, zealous Roman Catholics, submitted to the pope. The pope, in aggreement with the Spanish kings, would give the Americas over to Spain, and their natives to slavery.

This was also the time of the Spanish Inquisition, where Spain was forced to become Roman Catholic, despite the Protestant movement taking hold in Germany. Chronologically, this seems to be the most fitting interpretation.

I believe you are correct that Chapter 11 of Revelation is still a forward prophecy of a continuation of "what shall be hereafter." If you look at a diagram of the Tabernacle of Testimony in Heaven (NOT HEROD'S TEMPLE) it is saying the temple of God in heaven is still preserved but the outer court is given to the Gentiles. The next sentence actually goes with the sentence following. (The Bible is weird like that sometimes.) They who tread under foot forty-two months are the two witnesses, Elijah and Enoch preaching.

Chapter 12 is a flashback of all that had happened. Spiritual Israel in heaven brings forth a male child (Jesus). The dragon tried to kill him while still an infant. In doing so, the devil sweeps 1/3 of a angels out of heaven and on his side. Now the devil has been barred from entrance into heaven. Until that time when he clearly revealed himself, the devil still had access to heaven. Chapter 12 continues how the women (spiritual Israel) fled into the wilderness where she is preserved for 3 1/2 years while Jesus feed and taught her. As Jesus hung on the cross and died physically, the devil tried a heavenly coup. There was war in heaven defended by Angel Michael. The devil lost.

Then it tells how the woman (spiritual Israel) was preserved by 2 wings of an eagle. That's Rome which made Christianity the official religion and Colonial America who gave freedom of worship.

Chapter 13 is the end time beasts. The beast in Daniel was empires. Therefore, the beasts In Rev. 13 are empires. There are two of them. The second empire consists of two nations with two horns in common like a lamb. Horns represents religions. That's the United States and Israel.

Daniel's beast is finished. There was no break at the ankle of this beast with a 2,000 year gap. When Jesus, the stone out of Mt. Zion, a stone not carved with man's hands, came the first time, He dashed the feet of Daniel's beast and it came crumbling down. Rome crumbled. There is no resurrected Roman Empire. Daniel's beast it done - - - completed.

God bless us all is my prayer

Edited by Copen