Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police officer reports UFO sighting

Saru

A policeman has reported seeing a UFO moving at supersonic speeds while he was off duty in Birmingham.

A police officer has claimed he saw a UFO moving at supersonic speed while driving off-duty near Birmingham airport. The PC reportedly spotted the UFO near Birmingham airport.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Thank You for sharing. Only one other witness or is the Air Force actually confirming they scrambled to check it out ?

‘Besides, I had never seen an aircraft in that part of the sky.’

I wonder what he meant by that?

Heh, that was the exact line I was going to quote, too!

I suppose that if it 'shot off' at a pretty incredible speed then it is unlikely to be a 'known' aircraft. Why are these sightings so frequently found to occur around airports / air-bases etc?

‘Besides, I had never seen an aircraft in that part of the sky.’

I wonder what he meant by that?

I

I'm guessing that if it was near the airport, planes usually fly so they are either coming into or leaving from 1 of the runways. Planes circling would be further out and helicopters usually come in form a specific angle as well to avoid runways etc.

So he could mean aircraft aren't usually seen flying int hat specific spot going by what I'm guessing.

• Like 1

Well I'd expect air traffic controllers would not "see" anything. If they admit that, their jobs may be in jeopardy. But, I've seen some stars that appear to pulse due to atmospheric conditions then just seem to disappear. Could have been something like that, or maybe it's the real thing. Not enough info either way.

I was outside with my dog a few months ago. It was a very clear sky and it was early evening. I was watching a plane coming in with the usual lights and as I watched further in the horizon an orange round object was moving from south west to north west at a steady pace but faster than the plane. It was not a meteorite as I know what they look like and it was moving at a slower pace and keeping a level flight path. I don't know what it was but it was larger than the plane that was coming in for a landing. Nothing on the news about it, but that is not surprising since most of us do not stand around staring at the sky.

I was at a drumming circle on Saturday, someone had a picture like what he was describing on their phone, but it was hovering. She was in Punta Gorda I think when she took it. We told her to post it on youtube. I'll have to see if she has. What she had made me think it might be a drone, but who knows. It was unidentified and flying.

Come on,not a credible witness ...right ?

I know right...

The 2 guys that found the dead bigfoot, and stuffed it in a freezer.......At least one of them was a Sheriff Deputy....

Why are these sightings so frequently found to occur around airports / air-bases etc?

Most likely because air bases etc. are the only places in the world which attract airborne transit and have the equipment to detect it.

A policeman has reported seeing a UFO moving at supersonic speeds while he was off duty in Birmingham.

Hi, I just wanted to say that his story shares some evidence with the story of my parents. In summer 2012, they have seen a red flashing object in the sky, they said it was not just light but "rhythmically flashing" before "it disappeared from the sky. The funny thing is that it did not vanish but gained speed and in a few seconds, it was gone. Just to add, this report is from slovakia, where there are no secret military testings or anything, it was not a weather balloon, not a helicopter or an airplane. There is also no airport nearby but by looking at the direction where it was, 15-20km from there, we have a nuclear powerplant. Sorry for my english.

P.S I kinda believe this story because it is the first time they admitted something like this, also we are no freaks, just rational people.

Edited by Jakshemash

If you think British police are automatically credible, you might want to check out 'Plebgate'. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2252420/Plebgate-crisis-engulfs-Met-Chief-Hogan-Howe-compromised-police-stitch-ex-chief-whip.html

• 3 weeks later...

dude your my hero for trying to uncover UFOs files from their system.iwish you the best of luck