Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where did Jesus get those ideas, anyway?

GIDEON MAGE

True. But he also knew Greek and we nothing about his early life if dont consider sources out of Bible. So he wasnt geographicly far from center of philosophy.

Also Socrates influence is seen in Jesus words. So we might call Jesus post-Socrates philosopher in sense you want to describe his insights?

What do mean about his early life? He stayed with the essene's. John the baptist was an essene , Jesus stayed with them during a certain course of his life , I think people forget about that .

True. But he also knew Greek and we nothing about his early life if dont consider sources out of Bible. So he wasnt geographicly far from center of philosophy.

Also Socrates influence is seen in Jesus words. So we might call Jesus post-Socrates philosopher in sense you want to describe his insights?

What stories did he use of Socrates?

What do mean about his early life? He stayed with the essene's. John the baptist was an essene , Jesus stayed with them during a certain course of his life , I think people forget about that .

Who say that he stayed with Essenes?

What stories did he use of Socrates?

Well I will take it for granted that you know what calibar of philosopher was Socrates. I will just say that we divide philosophers on pre-Socrates and post-Socrates.

His influence on human kind is huge. So why wouldnt he influenced Jesus? He knew Greek. Even if he doesnt Socrates ideas were spreading like arrow trough air.

Socrates claimed that by hurting others we hurt ourselves. That retaliation is wrong. Now Socrates was in war he didnt say nothing about self defence but retaliation.

In a sense he introduced turn another cheek politic.

Who say that he stayed with Essenes?

Well I will take it for granted that you know what calibar of philosopher was Socrates. I will just say that we divide philosophers on pre-Socrates and post-Socrates.

His influence on human kind is huge. So why wouldnt he influenced Jesus? He knew Greek. Even if he doesnt Socrates ideas were spreading like arrow trough air.

Socrates claimed that by hurting others we hurt ourselves. That retaliation is wrong. Now Socrates was in war he didnt say nothing about self defence but retaliation.

In a sense he introduced turn another cheek politic.

Don't misunderstand me, I think Socrates was great and all, i just know that Christ really didn't need to be influenced by any one man or woman , his wisdom and miracles was so from the nature and will of our Father.

As for the essense , his cousin was one and Jesus spent years with them, i think it was the missing years that people talk of him being in Inidia which he was not. He was with the essene's that followed under John the baptist .

edit: why is there no spell check here on this forum?

Edited by Reann

edit: why is there no spell check here on this forum?

If you're using Firefox, right-click and highlight "Languages" "English (United States)" and you'll have spellcheck.

I,ve maintained for Yonks the Jesus was an unashamed plagiarist, basing his knowledge on stuff he learned about via Zarostra, Buddha, and the Tibetan Mystics, he was as phony as a Chocolate Teapot.

I,ve maintained for Yonks the Jesus was an unashamed plagiarist, basing his knowledge on stuff he learned about via Zarostra, Buddha, and the Tibetan Mystics, he was as phony as a Chocolate Teapot.

Ok so how come jesus learned all this, and how; when none of his contemorary (in time and place0)scholars made mention of it.? Why didnt other jewish academics read the same stuff and come to the same conclusions?

Jesus certainly held and passed on the ideas of slightly earlier jewish teachers as one would expect from a boy educated by them . However the uniqueness of christ is in the way he adpated and taught these truths. His power of teaching using parables etc And of course the serendipitous good fiortune which made christianity a major world religion.

Ok so how come jesus learned all this, and how; when none of his contemorary (in time and place0)scholars made mention of it.? Why didnt other jewish academics read the same stuff and come to the same conclusions?

Jesus certainly held and passed on the ideas of slightly earlier jewish teachers as one would expect from a boy educated by them . However the uniqueness of christ is in the way he adpated and taught these truths. His power of teaching using parables etc And of course the serendipitous good fiortune which made christianity a major world religion.

Now get real, would you broadcast it if you were out of sight for most of you pre ministering life and you came back bursting with all kinds of ideas foreign to your fellows, doing weird and wonderfull stuff and going on about your Father in Heaven etc etc etc? no you wouldnt and you cdetainly woulodnt admit to having consorted with mystics and Eastern Philosophers for fear of being accused of blasphemy and stuff, but then in the end none of it stopped your fellow countrymen from hanging you out on a cross.

Now get real, would you broadcast it if you were out of sight for most of you pre ministering life and you came back bursting with all kinds of ideas foreign to your fellows, doing weird and wonderfull stuff and going on about your Father in Heaven etc etc etc? no you wouldnt and you cdetainly woulodnt admit to having consorted with mystics and Eastern Philosophers for fear of being accused of blasphemy and stuff, but then in the end none of it stopped your fellow countrymen from hanging you out on a cross.

Jesus spent his younger years going to the jewish teaching schools and training to become a carpenter like his father. He worked for the family business as far as anyone knows. The idea of him travelling the world is a construct which is very unlikely as few people travelled more than walking distance fromm their home town (unless they were roman legioanries or sea faringtraders) The time and costs incurred made it impossible for most It is possible that jesus travelled but unlikely. He more probably got his ideas from reading, from those who taught him, and from his inner intellgence.

And wait a minute this bursting with all kinds of ideas foreign to your fellows, doing weird and wonderfull stuff and going on about your Father in Heaven etc etc etc? is precisely what christ did, from the time he first comes into public record. We dont really know what he was doing in his twenties. He might have been supporting his family after his father died combined with preaching and teaching. He was accounted wise as a child, but a jew wasnt really harkened to until he was older and experienced; and to be a prophet and a teacher, 30 was probably about the minimum age to qualify.