Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. Fire Arms laws and regulations

Dredimus

Yep. The fact that where this shooting and the Batman theater shooting and many others I'm sure took place ARE GUN FREE ZONES doesn't play into the anti-gun argument. Criminals obviously ignore laws and guns will never disappear, illegal or not. So the only thing I'd like to add to the gun control debate is that more people should have them. One or two armed persons in that school may not have stopped everything but I'd bet far fewer than 26 people would have died.

I agree with you here. Except I would word it as more responsible people should have them. Of course that begs the question of who is qualified to judge who is responsible.

you're right it doesn't, even if she didn't take him to the range, it would not change a thing. another point however, she knew her kid was "special" idk how her weapons were stored, but if they were out in the open, she made a big mistake. she paid for it. but would this shooting still happen if her guns were locked, i think it will. he would find them somewhere else, he did try to buy one before, no one sold him a gun, if mothers guns were not available, he would go find someone to buy it from illegaly. he was determined to kill, he would find a way.

I agree, but she still should have secured the weapons.

Make no mistake though, He is to blame. No-one else.

she definatly should have, no argument there

she definatly should have, no argument there

As far as anyone knows, she did. Nothing has been released yet.......He could have held a knife her throat for the combination for all we know, then blew her head off so we will never know.

I am glad both of you do see it is not her fault for this tradgedy, good to see :)

Edited by Sakari

true.

some media reports she was asleep when she got shot, it could be b.s. too. i doubt we will know all detalils any time soon, if at all.

And really, does it matter?

Only for the debate of gun control I guess, but for no other reason.

i understand this is a bit of a hot potatoe at the moment but i hear a lot of we need guns to stay free .im a brit you cant own guns in this country unless you fit some pretty strict criteria hand guns and semi automatic weapons are totally banned and we are still free .

why as US citizens are you so paraniod.

• Like 2

i understand this is a bit of a hot potatoe at the moment but i hear a lot of we need guns to stay free .im a brit you cant own guns in this country unless you fit some pretty strict criteria hand guns and semi automatic weapons are totally banned and we are still free .

What is the population of the UK - 63,181,775

USA population - 314,959,000

You all need to quit comparing the UK to the US on this....US has 251,777,225 more people to pick criminals, rapists, and nut jobs from.

No one is paranoid, well some might be, but not most.

Honestly, read the topic, I doubt anyone here wants to just go through all of the asked and answered questions and debates all over again.

as i understand it from the Tv they were in a gun safe, but he was her son he most likely knew where the key was and what the combonation was as they went shooting together.

i know where the key is to my dads safe and know where the written combo is stored just in case something happens to him.

My step nephew came looking for my guns once, with one of his friend when they couldn't get into the safe they picked up the safe and tried to get away with it. I walked in as they were trying to get it out of the bedroom, at the time i carried a 45 everywhere i went only rteason i didn't use it was my brother in law would have come after me and forced me to use it on him as well. I really didn't want to put my sister through that.

the point is criminals don't care about the law and they will get them one way or the other

i don't carry any more unless i am in the Mts because many of the cops in seattle are even more gun happy then the criminals and would not care if i had a concealed carry permit.

Edited by mysticwerewolf

What is the population of the UK - 63,181,775

USA population - 314,959,000

You all need to quit comparing the UK to the US on this....US has 251,777,225 more people to pick criminals, rapists, and nut jobs from.

No one is paranoid, well some might be, but not most.

Honestly, read the topic, I doubt anyone here wants to just go through all of the asked and answered questions and debates all over again.

yes we have a smaller population but we are packed in like sardines we als have a more violent society .look up assault rates drunken assaults and the like if we had gun laws like you it would be utter carnage .

i was in the army and worked with a lot of american soldiers and they said the same after witnessing a drunken night out with us .the british are hooligans .the single reason our murder rate is lower is we cant get guns .it really is that easy.

• Like 4

yes we have a smaller population but we are packed in like sardines we als have a more violent society .look up assault rates drunken assaults and the like if we had gun laws like you it would be utter carnage .

i was in the army and worked with a lot of american soldiers and they said the same after witnessing a drunken night out with us .the british are hooligans .the single reason our murder rate is lower is we cant get guns .it really is that easy.

I have seen the soccer games :)

How come Soccer games have so many fights and riots, but USA baseball, football, and hockey ( college through the pro ranks ) this is pretty much a never happened or happens thing?

No guns at either, yet UK sporting events have more violence?.....Actually, as said, USA as far as I know, have none.

Edited by Sakari

I `m glad to hear some counties are started to now put a armed policemen, or a armed undercover guard at the schools.

My wife went to the school this morning to talk to the principal.She said there was several officers there,and the principal told her they would be there all week.

My wife went to the school this morning to talk to the principal.She said there was several officers there,and the principal told her they would be there all week.

The states sould have them there permanently and pay the darn money to protect our children.

• Like 2

The states sould have them there permanently and pay the darn money to protect our children.

No, the Feds should step up on fighting crime, and get illegal guns off of the streets. Start worrying about the USA and not other Countries, spend the money here. Start a war against gangs and drug dealers / cartel.Take a huge chunk of campaign funds and put it towards this,

I also think now, having some ( trained and evaluated ) armed at Schools, same as Marshals on Airplanes.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

--Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria in On Crimes and Punishment (1764).

"We must train and classify the whole of our male citizens, and make military instruction a regular part of collegiate education. We can never be safe till this is done."

--Thomas Jefferson to James Monroe, 1813.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the Body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind . . . Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."

--Thomas Jefferson, Letter to his nephew Peter Carr, August 19, 1785.

"It is more a subject of joy [than of regret] that we have so few of the desperate characters which compose modern regular armies. But it proves more forcibly the necessity of obliging every citizen to be a soldier; this was the case with the Greeks and Romans and must be that of every free State. Where there is no oppression there can be no pauper hirelings." --Thomas Jefferson to James Monroe, 1813.

• Like 1

Actually some of it has to do with the fring'in widelife over here. The bears and cougars in some areas get the balls to attack and kill us sometimes and even eat us. Then we've got razorback pigs and deer that seem to wanna go postal sometimes and want to skewer us. It may seem funny to anybody who doesn't live inside the U.S., but when you go walking in a state park to enjoy the scenery or on a hunting trip, that **** can get real, man. And with bears and cougars, most of the time a gun is the only way to save your life or anybody else life to quickly put the raging b******* down. I mean these animals over here are sometimes the hunters. And bow and arrow don't cut it, because the bear, cougar, razerbacks and deer keep on charging at you while your taking the time to reloading that second arrow. By then they're already up on your ass, knawing clawing away. Yeah they'll eventually die with a couple arrows in their body, but you'll also be dead by then and it won't matter. So if you were to spend about 5 years over here, moving around and living in one end of the country or the other, you would eventually want to carry some kind of gun for just that alone.

I'm telling you, it's not the same over here. You've got to account for things like that, because law enforcement is not always around to help you. You can't really compare Britian or Austrailia to the U.S. It's a whole different world here, in some cases it's still the wild, wild, wild west; we have yet to tame it.You gotta have a gun, sometimes your survival depends upon it. Wild animals will attack you and your children out of nowhere sometimes. The nutters and the criminals of course add to it all.

Edited by Purifier

It's funny you should mention that, we had a guy over here in the U.S. who killed 168 people and injured nearly 800 people. And he didn't even use a gun, he used a truck bomb. Point is, the nutters will find a way. Here's a link in case some of you might not know who I talking about:

http://en.wikipedia....Timothy_McVeigh

And that's how I know trying to eliminate mass killing with gun control will not work in U.S. As I said, the nutters will find a way. Vehicles and bombs, worse killing method compared to a gun.

Thanks for the link ...... what a fascinating read! He most certainly wasn't a 'nutter' though, and I think a bit of a 'one off' because of his army background. No-one else has done anything similar(with a truck and explosives), have they?

• Like 2

Actually some of it has to do with the fring'in widelife over here. The bears and cougars in some areas get the balls to attack and kill us sometimes and even eat us. Then we've got razorback pigs and deer that seem to wanna go postal sometimes and want to skewer us. It may seem funny to anybody who doesn't live inside the U.S., but when you go walking in a state park to enjoy the scenery or on a hunting trip, that **** can get real, man. And with bears and cougars, most of the time a gun is the only way to save your life or anybody else life to quickly put the raging b******* down. I mean these animals over here are sometimes the hunters. And bow and arrow don't cut it, because the bear, cougar, razerbacks and deer keep on charging at you while your taking the time to reloading that second arrow. By then they're already up on your ass, knawing clawing away. Yeah they'll eventually die with a couple arrows in their body, but you'll also be dead by then and it won't matter. So if you were to spend about 5 years over here, moving around and living in one end of the country or the other, you would eventually want to carry some kind of gun for just that alone.

I'm telling you, it's not the same over here. You've got to account for things like that, because law enforcement is not always around to help you. You can't really compare Britian or Austrailia to the U.S. It's a whole different world here, in some cases it's still the wild, wild, wild west; we have yet to tame it.You gotta have a gun, sometimes your survival depends upon it. Wild animals will attack you and your children out of nowhere sometimes. The nutters and the criminals of course add to it all.

Could `nt agree more we had a bunch of cougars in our yard that almost got our dog, so worried about the grandkids comming over ,we now go out with a gun handy :)

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

What if we just made bullets illegal?

Had a cougar cull our herd of geese a few years back. He hunted at night. I only saw him once up in a tree sittting there watching the geese. I live on the edge of a city.

Only if we make stupid illegal at the same time

Some gun enthusiasts make there own bullets and can certainly relaod there own shells

Then a hundred million gun owners who may be great with a gun might not be so good at chemistry. I don't know much about making ammo but that's a lot of gun powder in a lot of wrong hands. I'm not talking about making explosives, I'm talking about making explosives on accident or house fires at the least.