Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wow - Golden Eagle Snatches Toddler In Park!

seeder

Confirmed fake. A Montreal-based design school hosts an annual competition to "hoax the internet" and this was one of this year's entries. But I'm sure this video will live on and continue to be posted around here as proof of something.

http://gawker.com/59...e-video-is-fake

UPDATE: As first posited above, the "Golden Eagle Snatched Kid" video was in fact the work of students at the Montreal-based animation and design school Centre NAD:

The "Golden Eagle Snatches Kid" video, uploaded to YouTube on the evening of December 18, was made by Normand Archambault, Loïc Mireault and Félix Marquis-Poulin, students at Centre NAD, in the production simulation workshop class of the Bachelors degree in 3D Animation and Digital Design.

Congrats kids — next year's class will be hard-pressed to beat your "hoax the Internet" success.

Edited by Rafterman

Confirmed fake. A Montreal-based design school hosts an annual competition to "hoax the internet" and this was one of this year's entries. But I'm sure this video will live on and continue to be posted around here as proof of something.

UPDATE: As first posited above, the "Golden Eagle Snatched Kid" video was in fact the work of students at the Montreal-based animation and design school Centre NAD:

The "Golden Eagle Snatches Kid" video, uploaded to YouTube on the evening of December 18, was made by Normand Archambault, Loïc Mireault and Félix Marquis-Poulin, students at Centre NAD, in the production simulation workshop class of the Bachelors degree in 3D Animation and Digital Design.

Congrats kids — next year's class will be hard-pressed to beat your "hoax the Internet" success.

thanks for the info! and good on them - it was really well done

Good find!!

The worrying thing is tho.... if...one day.... a story is created/faked, but with the sole intention of fooling everyone, for something bad? And no way to figure it out after?

Ah forget that, it already happens, its called the govt!

This is why we need to ban eagles.

Dude!!!

:nw::nw::nw::nw::nw::nw::nw::nw::nw:

This is on regular news here . As per PIX 11 news in nyc ,this is not fake at all,and the mother gave info as to the child's condition .

The baby was a bit bruised ,but unharmed .

The baby was probably dropped because it was too heavy to lift,but the bird gave it the old college try .

Simbi, it has happened to me also......

You can not believe anything anymore at all, without good verification.....These things have been fooling even the News for a while now.

:tu::tu::tu::clap::clap::clap:

This is where a topic needs to be highlighted as " solved ".....and locked! ....

I kind of figured it was fake especially when they showed the kid falling. It was way too slow.

However I do not think such an incident would be entire impossible; I recall someone posted some vids of a gold eagle taking on some goats and they're not exactly light either so it is "possible" that an eagle will tackle anything.

Dang, can we trust vids anymore?

I know with UFO's and such that's common, but, really?

I kind of figured it was fake especially when they showed the kid falling. It was way too slow.

However I do not think such an incident would be entire impossible; I recall someone posted some vids of a gold eagle taking on some goats and they're not exactly light either so it is "possible" that an eagle will tackle anything.

Yes, big raptors do attack animals such as deer, goats, dogs, cats, and even small humans.

I think the difference, however, is that they don't typically swoop in and carry them off Hollywood style. This is simply because the lifting capacity of even the largest raptors is only a few pounds.

What you typically see (and I'm recalling the eagle attcking deer video that was so hot on You Tube a year or so ago) is that the raptor swoops in and knocks the animal down in an attempt to render it immobile. It then comes back and kills the animal if necessary with its talons.

I noticed the child had on one of those little hoodies with ears. Perhaps the eagle mistook him for some kind of animal?

I could take it one step further there.

I've seen a lot of girls wearing these woollen hats with flaps and ears.

I think it's some kind of winter fad but I can't see any eagles even bothering.

As I posted in the other thread regarding this same issue, I looked up the lifting capacity of an eagle and a toddler is well beyond their lifting capacity.

This is supposed to be one of the most predatory birds in the world.

So if it can't even pick up a toddler how are the rest of them going to fare.

I can't even see two of the eagles managing to get the job done between them.

This upcoming doomsday won't be Hitchcockian in nature.

It looks like a fake to try to monetize teh video on youtube because monetized youtube videos make the uploader money. Heck I make money from youtube videos myself and always look for ways to get tons and tons or millions of viewers.

Yes, big raptors do attack animals such as deer, goats, dogs, cats, and even small humans.

I think the difference, however, is that they don't typically swoop in and carry them off Hollywood style. This is simply because the lifting capacity of even the largest raptors is only a few pounds.

What you typically see (and I'm recalling the eagle attcking deer video that was so hot on You Tube a year or so ago) is that the raptor swoops in and knocks the animal down in an attempt to render it immobile. It then comes back and kills the animal if necessary with its talons.

That's the short version. The longer version shows the eagle carrying a young mountain goat in its talons into some valley.

But no, he doesn't flie UP, he flies down.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

Transferred from the other thread.........

Hmmm. I don't have enough expertise to form an opinion on the authenticity from a technical POV, but unless I'm very much mistaken, that 'eagle' is in fact the US subspecies of Osprey ( Pandion haliaetus carolinensis). So unless that kid smelled very strongly of fish, I doubt whether the bird would be interested! The image of the bird (if it is indeed an Osprey) would have had to be enlarged somewhat - because whatever takes that child looks bigger than a Harpy eagle!

So, from a falconer's POV - I go with fake.

Did you watch the videos of eagles hunting wolves? There are videos of eagles hunting wolves and deer, so why not a child? I very much enjoyed the other videos, and the Mongolian music that goes with the other Mongolian videos.

The internet and all it has to offer is so awesome.

Abramelin, I very much like the music in that video.

Edited by me-wonders
  • Like 1

Did you watch the videos of eagles hunting wolves? There are videos of eagles hunting wolves and deer, so why not a child? I very much enjoyed the other videos, and the Mongolian music that goes with the other Mongolian videos.

The internet and all it has to offer is so awesome.

Abramelin, I very much like the music in that video.

You enjoyed that brutal, barbaric killing of Wolves?

They tie them up, or have them corralled......It is not hunting, it is torture!.....All for sick humans entertainment......If they HAVE to kill them, do it fricken humane, do it quick, do not torture them.

Makes me sick.....I would love to go there and show them personally....

I am hoping you mean the other video :)

And by the way........GO DUCKS!!!!!

Edited by Sakari

You enjoyed that brutal, barbaric killing of Wolves?

They tie them up, or have them corralled......It is not hunting, it is torture!.....All for sick humans entertainment......If they HAVE to kill them, do it fricken humane, do it quick, do not torture them.

Makes me sick.....I would love to go there and show them personally....

I am hoping you mean the other video :)

And by the way........GO DUCKS!!!!!

I assure you, you are talking of something very difference for the links in this thread. In this thread, I believe the question is, would an eagle attempt to take an animal such a rabbit or a baby from the ground, and this leads to knowing they will hunt wolves and deer. Killing for entertainment such as dog and c*** fights, must certainly is repulsive to me.

I assure you, you are talking of something very difference for the links in this thread. In this thread, I believe the question is, would an eagle attempt to take an animal such a rabbit or a baby from the ground, and this leads to knowing they will hunt wolves and deer. Killing for entertainment such as dog and c*** fights, must certainly is repulsive to me.

That is why I asked....

The hunting for wolves with eagles, it is sick....Very sick.

I was not sure what you meant, as that topic was also in your reply.

I understand...Thank You.....And GO DUCKS!!!!!

After watching several videos of eagles hunting, I now doubt the video of an eagle picking up a baby is for real. An eagle will pick up something as heavy as a small goat, but always when it can carry the goat down to a nest. It is does grab something and fly up, not even something as small as rabbit.

After watching several videos of eagles hunting, I now doubt the video of an eagle picking up a baby is for real. An eagle will pick up something as heavy as a small goat, but always when it can carry the goat down to a nest. It is does grab something and fly up, not even something as small as rabbit.

[media=]

[/media]

Like Rafterman showed, the video is fake:

As I've stated before - it's not an eagle.

Edited by ealdwita

That's the short version. The longer version shows the eagle carrying a young mountain goat in its talons into some valley.

But no, he doesn't flie UP, he flies down.

[media=]

[/media]

That was amazing. I would say it was more, knock him off the rock and let gravity do all of the work.

Raptors are cool.

It was a pretty good video, but as Rafterman already posted; it is confirmed a hoax and fake video.

MONTREAL - Relax, world — your baby won't get snatched by an eagle if you visit Montreal.

An online video of the massive bird plucking an infant off the ground was acknowledged by its creators as a fake Wednesday.

The admission came as the video was viewed millions of times on YouTube in the span of several hours and was the subject of news reports by dozens of media around the globe.

It was actually produced by students as a class project at a new-media training institute in Montreal.

Their assignment: create a viral video and a hoax.

Read it on Global News: Global Toronto | How fake video of eagle snatching baby fooled the world

Edited by sarah_444
  • Like 1

Id be sending that to funniest home videos. Might be worth a grand or ten.

Try it and who knows? An overweight toddler might make you rich :lol:

Still don't think its fake

really? Well dont worry, Santa's on his way soon and maybe he will help you to understand it better, him or his fairies that is, 5 days to go!

As I said,PIX 11 News reported this as real yesterday .Today they made a retraction ,that it was done by college students ,and it is ,indeed,fake .

They apologised for being duped,and passing it on to the viewers as real .