Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Woman raped on a bus in New Delhi

DKO

New Delhi: The condition of the 23-year-old paramedical student, who was gangraped, beaten and thrown out of a moving bus along with a male friend in Delhi, is still critical. Doctors say that she is still on ventilator support and is fighting to get better. The victim has in fact given a complete written statement to the police, explaining in detail what happened to her from the time she and her friend got onto the bus on Sunday.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/delhi-gangrape-victim-fighting-to-get-better-but-remains-critical/311393-3-244.html

Animals.

Thats why you ride ontop of the train. :no: This world is so f'd up.

• Like 3

I found an article about this incident. There has been many rallies since. Then this part stood out to me:

In the streets and in Parliament, calls rose for stringent and swift punishment against those attacking women, including a proposal to make rapists eligible for the death penalty. As the calls for action grew louder, two more gang-rapes were reported, including one in which the 10-year-old victim was killed.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1304366--outrage-over-hours-long-gang-rape-on-bus-sparks-protests-across-india

Wow we need a global crimewatch mapsite. Similiar to the weatherwatch ones.

• Like 1

I hope this stopped

I have been burning incense tonight if that is of any help. NagChampa :tu:

• Like 2

Some of the reader replies are a little scary too:

from dinesh7667 at 10:54, Dec 20, 2012

Why is state & judicial sleeping or delaying in passing a judgement in such an obvious case of rape. Its time the people of India take law & order in their hands for all rape incidents - pull the culprits out off their house and beat them to death in the middle of the road - we all know where are they hiding then let us as Indians stop behaving impotent and save our daughters, sisters, mothers and wife. We are thousands and the rape culprits are only 2-3 so why feel scared.

Reply | Offensive

pic1.gif

from s.krishnakumar at 10:21, Dec 20, 2012

WHAT HEPPENED IN DELHI TO THAT HAPLESS INNOCENT MEDICAL STUDENT IS SOMETHING WHICH MAKES ME HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME. SUCH MEN ARE NOT HUMANS AND THEY SHOULD NOT GET THE DUE PROCESS OF LAW. I HAVE ALWAYS ADVOCATED CASTRATION FOR THEM. LAW HAS TO BE SEVERE TO PREVENT FUTURE CRIMES. THE SO CALLED ADVOCATES OF HUMANNESS FOR CRIMINALS MIGHT NEVER HAVE HAD TO GO THROUGH SUCH. SITUATIONS. IT IS NOT JUST A CASE OF VIOLATION OF A WOMAN, IT IS A MURDER OF HER DREAMS, HER ASPIRATIONS, HER HAPPINESS AND ALSO THOSE OF HER PARENTS AND NEAR & DEAR ONES WHO MIGHT HAVE LOOKED FORWARD TO SO HAPPY A TIME. GIVING THESE DEVILS A THREE YEAR SENTENCE IS NOT GOING TO REFORM THEM. THEY SHOULD BE SACTRATED AND PUT TO HEAVY LABOUR FOR LIFE TILL DEATH. KILLING THEM WOULD BE TOO GOOD FOR THEM. THEY SHOULD BE SHAMED IN PUBLIC AND THEIR PHOTOS PUT UP AT VANTAGE POINTS. SOCIETY HAS NO OBLIGATIONS TOWARDS THOSE WHO ABUSE ITS CIVILITY. NEITHER CAN YOU APPORTION THE BLAME FOR SUCH ACTS TO THE PARENTS OF THE PERPETRATORS. PARENTS CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH AND NOTHING MORE. IN A NATION WHICH HAS A CULTURE OF CALLING THE WOMAN A MOTHER, THIS IS UNFORGIVABLE. AND WHAT DO THE POLITICIANS AND MEDIA DO ? DEBATE & DEBATE ON SUCH INCIDENTS INANELY AD NAUSEA TILL THE NEXT CASE ! OUR WHOLE CRIMINAL JURISPRUDENCE HAS TO BE OVERHAULED AND THE SEVEREST OF PUNISHMENT METED OUT TO THOSE WHO DESTROY THE PEACE AND TRANQUILITY OF SOCIETY. IT'S TAKEN CENTURIES FOR SOCIETY TO BECOME CIVIL. ARE WE GOING TO LET IT BE LOST ?? S . KRISHNA KUMAR- A.RADHAKRISHNAN-DOMBIVLI

This poor woman isn't the only one. I've seen some awful things on YouTube as regards the Middle-East and how they treat their women. Sometimes it's young girls (around 10 years of age), being savagely beaten by large groups of men.

*sigh*

May her soul rest in peace.

• Like 1

This poor woman isn't the only one. I've seen some awful things on YouTube as regards the Middle-East and how they treat their women. Sometimes it's young girls (around 10 years of age), being savagely beaten by large groups of men.

*sigh*

May her soul rest in peace.

She's still alive.

India is becoming leading country in the world. They becoming more and more powerful. Land with great history . They developed fast with damiging speed.

With so much people living there it is surprising to hear small number of awful crimes done in India. Such as this one.

There are many more violent countries then India with higher crime rate.

So any generalization about India and crime is not right in any sense.

About those maniacs...Justice must be done. I hope that hand of the law will be fair and judge them for atleast 40 years each if not for life.

About poor girl. I dont have words. Thats why I think we cant turn off religions and spiritualism from our life. Because when I hear stories like this I can only say I will pray for you.

Poor girl. I hope she have strenght and that she will recover. I hope their parents are geting proffesional help trough this hard moments of their lifes.

Edited by the L

I try to think India is more civilized than many other places,but female genocide...incidents like this .

Dunno .It's disheartening

• Like 1

Poor woman... My god. Some people are capable of doing horrible things.

• Like 1

Once I read Kama Sutra and it said how when woman and man have had sex must look like water mixing with milk.

Thats so much different from this.

Anyway, I wonder what ethnic group are they, whats their religion? Of those maniacs.

Jeeze... aren't the men/boys taught that this is wrong?

Maybe a class or father on "spank the monkey" would help.

• Like 1

Anyway, I wonder what ethnic group are they, whats their religion? Of those maniacs.

I don't wonder. If they were Germanic Hutterite's would it make a difference?

New Delhi: The condition of the 23-year-old paramedical student, who was gangraped, beaten and thrown out of a moving bus along with a male friend in Delhi, is still critical. Doctors say that she is still on ventilator support and is fighting to get better. The victim has in fact given a complete written statement to the police, explaining in detail what happened to her from the time she and her friend got onto the bus on Sunday.

http://ibnlive.in.co...1393-3-244.html

Animals.

I am from India as well. A lot has been said about this incident. However gruesome this maybe, there are over 43,000 cases of rape pending to be heard in court. India is a country that does not have any proper laws regarding rape and has absolutely no clue about marital rape. People have been protesting all around the country for this girl. Friends and colleagues of mine have been arrested as well. However, what began as a 'peaceful' protest has begun to turn violent with the police using water canons, dozens of protestors injured and with the death of a policeman. A lot of political parties have jumped in as well trying to use this situation to their advantage. It is very sickening. The media as usual only projects what it wants to.

People have been walking around screaming that the rapists should be hung, shot, castrated, given the death penalty etc etc. Unfortunately, the girl is still in critical condition since they have to operate on her intestines after the rapists inserted a blunt object into her and ruptured it.

Well, I am a cynic. I say that no matter what, rapes will continue. It might decrease but then again thats hoping for the best. The only way I think that rape can be eliminated completely is when the mind set of the Indian male changes and I do not see that happening in the years to come.

It has always been this way. You just have to go through what some of the so called holy scriptures say to find out that women have been been treated and considered mere objects since ancient history. I can post some of the the lines from there if you want me to. Its pretty disgusting. I read the other day that a man gambled away his wife in some village in North India because he was playing cards.

• Like 3

And how to change this attitude towards women? I can't imagine living in a society like that. And to raise a daughter in a country that looks upon women so lowly? I wish there was something that could be done to help them. But, here we are in another continent and to say anything about another country's laws is a no-no.

• Like 1

Yeah, I can not see the rape of girls(or boys) to be of any use to civilized society.

While the rapist has that momentary pleasure, the victim suffers(if even left alive) for the rest of their life.

Edited by pallidin