Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Only silence remains

markdohle

Only silence remains

Infinite love and a world filled with evil,

pain and questions that will never be reconciled,

reality simply is, suffering happens, so does happiness,

it can seem so random, is that so?

Chaos and randomness rule the day,

like the roaring waves on the oceans surface,

causing damage and death to those floundering.

It passes and peace comes for a time,

yet the storms and pain seem greater than the tranquility,

our wounds both inner and outer pick at us,

healing if it comes, often comes slowly or too late,

or so it seems.

If God is not, then it is all random,

there are no deep questions,

we just adapt, live the best we can,

die and sleep for eternity,

if annihilation can be called sleep or rest.

If God is,

the questions remain,

why, why, why, WTF?

Only silence remains,

empty skies without an answer,

though silence is possibly

the only way God can speak to our hearts.

Be still and know I am God, says the psalm,

sit with the pain, the waves will come,

not only for us, but for all we love and cling too,

all will sink below the surface.

Deeper in, more silence, greater peace,

connection with all,

a small glimmer of light,

perhaps some understanding,

yet without faith and hope,

the strength to live with this tension

of ‘not knowing’ much of anything

can darken our souls;

for we are made to question and seek answers,

the most important ones for us

often remain unanswered.

My path has the seeds of answers,

that slowly grow over the years.

I see the slight foot prints of Jesus

when I look back over my life,

an intimacy so close that it is darkness.

I see it around everyone.

So bright it blinds the soul,

everything there but unseen,

for we would become undone,

unable to live,

or walk the bloody path most of us or on

if the hidden reality experienced.

One has gone before us,

walks with us,

at times carries us,

even if unfelt and we feel alone.

Faith, hope and love,

love the greatest because it is eternal.

No wonder the human heart seeks love,

and longs for it like a thirsty man

dying in the desert.

We are all connected,

our love and prayers reach all,

our perceptions mean a great deal,

and what seem obvious

is not so.

God is present to me;

I am often not present to this reality.

Edited by markdohle

Beautiful, Mark. Lately I've felt disconnected from spirituality/the divine, questioning all of it. While I was reading your poem, I got a very quick flash of something, it came and went so quickly, I don't even know what it was. But what ever it was, it left me feeling hopeful, and I believe your words helped create a space for that to happen. And it seems to me that your messages have become more positive & hopeful, as well, so perhaps you inspired me. This is how we lead, I think, by taking people into the light instead of away from it.

• Like 1

Beautiful, Mark. Lately I've felt disconnected from spirituality/the divine, questioning all of it. While I was reading your poem, I got a very quick flash of something, it came and went so quickly, I don't even know what it was. But what ever it was, it left me feeling hopeful, and I believe your words helped create a space for that to happen. And it seems to me that your messages have become more positive & hopeful, as well, so perhaps you inspired me. This is how we lead, I think, by taking people into the light instead of away from it.

You imput helps I believe, as well as you are perhaps reading me from a different perspective because of my responses. We are all in a dance and we lead as well as follow those we care for and respect. I truly respect you. One day somewhere, we will have to sit down to a cup of tea ;-)....perhaps in the next life LOL.

I believe that down deep, there is a lot going on from the Eternals side of things, you are open and have dealt with a lot, that choice continues to bear fruit.,

As always, thanks for your wisdom and insights.

Peace

mark

Edited by markdohle

You imput helps I believe, as well as you are perhaps reading me from a different perspective because of my responses. We are all in a dance and we lead as well as follow those we care for and respect. I truly respect you. One day somewhere, we will have to sit down to a cup of tea ;-)....perhaps in the next life LOL.

I believe that down deep, there is a lot going on from the Eternals side of things, you are open and have dealt with a lot, that choice continues to bear fruit.,

As always, thanks for your wisdom and insights.

Peace

mark

Mark, yes, we are all dancing. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow, sometimes with grace or clumsiness, sometimes with others, sometimes alone, but it's our dance and we get to make it up as we go. You reminded me of one of the wisest, kindest, most compassionate things I've ever heard: I love and support you on your journey.

• Like 1

Mark, yes, we are all dancing. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow, sometimes with grace or clumsiness, sometimes with others, sometimes alone, but it's our dance and we get to make it up as we go. You reminded me of one of the wisest, kindest, most compassionate things I've ever heard: I love and support you on your journey.

Thank you very much.

Peace

mark

I dont like poem. How about singing and post on youtube :)

.. :no: .if I sang it you would like it less....I sing like a frog in cold water :huh::st

Peace

Mark

Peace

Mark

.. :no: .if I sang it you would like it less....I sing like a frog in cold water :huh::st

Peace

Mark

Peace

Mark

I sing like a frog in hot water. I was singing once to myself very softly in a car full of people, and someone said, Do you hear a funny noise? So I stopped singing.

• Like 1

God has blessed me with a wonderful country singing voice. Problem is I hate country music... :mellow:

• Like 1

I sing like a frog in hot water. I was singing once to myself very softly in a car full of people, and someone said, Do you hear a funny noise? So I stopped singing.

:clap::w00t::w00t::tsu::w00t: :w00t: :clap: too funny...thanks.

peace

Mark

God has blessed me with a wonderful country singing voice. Problem is I hate country music... :mellow:

LOL, you will when you hit the 40's I bet. Sing anyway kid, the world needs more voices.

Peace

mark

Only silence remains

Infinite love and a world filled with evil,

pain and questions that will never be reconciled,

reality simply is, suffering happens, so does happiness,

it can seem so random, is that so?

Chaos and randomness rule the day,

like the roaring waves on the oceans surface,

causing damage and death to those floundering.

It passes and peace comes for a time,

yet the storms and pain seem greater than the tranquility,

our wounds both inner and outer pick at us,

healing if it comes, often comes slowly or too late,

or so it seems.

If God is not, then it is all random,

there are no deep questions,

we just adapt, live the best we can,

die and sleep for eternity,

if annihilation can be called sleep or rest.

Only silence remains,

empty skies without an answer,

Be still and know I am God, says the psalm,

sit with the pain, the waves will come,

not only for us, but for all we love and cling too,

all will sink below the surface.

Deeper in, more silence, greater peace,

connection with all,

a small glimmer of light,

perhaps some understanding,

for we are made to question and seek answers,

the most important ones for us

often remain unanswered.

My path has the seeds of answers,

that slowly grow over the years.

I see the slight foot prints of Jesus

when I look back over my life,

an intimacy so close that it is darkness.

I see it around everyone.

So bright it blinds the soul,

everything there but unseen,

for we would become undone,

unable to live,

or walk the bloody path most of us or on

if the hidden reality experienced.

One has gone before us,

walks with us,

at times carries us,

even if unfelt and we feel alone.

Faith, hope and love,

love the greatest because it is eternal.

No wonder the human heart seeks love,

and longs for it like a thirsty man

dying in the desert.

We are all connected,

God is present to me;

I am often not present to this reality.

And yet, you didn't become undone, Mark, since you are sharing your insights by letting people know the wonderous nature of being human.

"No wonder the human heart seeks love," I agree, for love heals the disappointed heart, and love is a way of knowing our oneness with God through our human contacts or relationships. It's a challenge, it's not that easy. I, for one, am still trying to ingratiate myself, so to speak. As I have mentioned before, people are complex. Sometimes the demands and expectations are illogical and even insane. There's so much to say. People have written volumes about the many levels of love.

You are full of love, Mark, I must say. You work with the aged and the dying -- everyday. It must be love.

If god were truly God, he would be all: the good, bad, ugly, seen, unseen, random, and predictable -- just few of God's infinite aspects. How about seeing God in everything, every moment of your consciousness? In your dreams? Think of it this way: by the time you wake up, you get assaulted by God via your 5 senses. You are already ahead of the class: "I see it around everyone."

In the movie Gandhi, he said, "Oh, God! Oh, God," to his assassin. Gandhi saw God in everything because of his religion and perhaps more so due to his realization. He was a Bhakti and a Karma Yogi, after all.

The final aspect, I believe, is annihilation or deletion of one's "awareness" to bring out God's absolute state (or aspect) via Nirvana. There is only one God, according to the Bible. Merging or Nirvana is the only way to make it so, as far as I know. But, do we really want to become that final aspect? We as one (in a concrete sense of the word)?? I'm not talking about the 1984 effect, as in ""How many fingers, Winston?" If you haven't seen the movie, please check it out. With this final Oneness in mind, there would be no more Beany, AquilaChrysaetos, FlyingAngel, Braveone2u...and Markdohle. Collective memory is erased. There is only one captain in an empty ship. The output is "one God," like the Bible said. What price freedom?

Jesus may be the answer. He is very powerful and yet loving (at least how we, as Westerner, depect him as such) aspect of God. Perhaps Jesus' "Kingdom" is the same as the result of Nirvana -- wouldn't that be wonderful? If this were so, I would revert back to my Christian root in an instant.

Peace.

Paul

Edited by braveone2u
  • Like 1

And yet, you didn't become undone, Mark, since you are sharing your insights by letting people know the wonderous nature of being human.

"No wonder the human heart seeks love," I agree, for love heals the disappointed heart, and love is a way of knowing our oneness with God through our human contacts or relationships. It's a challenge, it's not that easy. I, for one, am still trying to ingratiate myself, so to speak. As I have mentioned before, people are complex. Sometimes the demands and expectations are illogical and even insane. There's so much to say. People have written volumes about the many levels of love.

You are full of love, Mark, I must say. You work with the aged and the dying -- everyday. It must be love.

If god were truly God, he would be all: the good, bad, ugly, seen, unseen, random, and predictable -- just few of God's infinite aspects. How about seeing God in everything, every moment of your consciousness? In your dreams? Think of it this way: by the time you wake up, you get assaulted by God via your 5 senses. You are already ahead of the class: "I see it around everyone."

In the movie Gandhi, he said, "Oh, God! Oh, God," to his assassin. Gandhi saw God in everything because of his religion and perhaps more so due to his realization. He was a Bhakti and a Karma Yogi, after all.

The final aspect, I believe, is annihilation or deletion of one's "awareness" to bring out God's absolute state (or aspect) via Nirvana. There is only one God, according to the Bible. Merging or Nirvana is the only way to make it so, as far as I know. But, do we really want to become that final aspect? We as one (in a concrete sense of the word)?? I'm not talking about the 1984 effect, as in ""How many fingers, Winston?" If you haven't seen the movie, please check it out. With this final Oneness in mind, there would be no more Beany, AquilaChrysaetos, FlyingAngel, Braveone2u...and Markdohle. Collective memory is erased. There is only one captain in an empty ship. The output is "one God," like the Bible said. What price freedom?

Jesus may be the answer. He is very powerful and yet loving (at least how we, as Westerner, depect him as such) aspect of God. Perhaps Jesus' "Kingdom" is the same as the result of Nirvana -- wouldn't that be wonderful? If this were so, I would revert back to my Christian root in an instant.

Peace.

Paul

You do have a way with words my friend, thank you for your deep and wise comment. For Buddha, Nirviana is an experience, a snuffing out of all desire that keeps us from truth (enlightment) perhaps what Jesus said about dying to self. In anycase, it is always a pleasure to read you.

peace

mark