Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did man and dinosaur co-exist?

Harsh86_Patel

That can't be nonsense because you can't know unless someone who does tells you.

Edited by kampz

That can't be nonsense because you can't know unless someone who does tells you.

Does anyone on the planet Earth have any evidence of anything they said? NO. Ergo, it can be considered nonsense until demonstrated otherwise.

There is so much stupid in this thread that it makes my head hurt.

I weep for our future generations if the kind of crap in this thread continues to be flung about.

• Like 2

Tin Foil hat alert people..

• Like 2

I think another species of habitants were here w dinos.And they were a creation of someones for some purpose.

The problem w findind the truth is that its always hidden from us.For one reason or the other.

Time travel will soon be recording history properly ,maybe itll go mainstream in our lifetimes i hope.

The bolded part can meen many different things. Silicasecrets should be more specific before we claim nonsense.

Edited by kampz

There is so much stupid in this thread that it makes my head hurt.

I weep for our future generations if the kind of crap in this thread continues to be flung about.

I share your headache.

The scary thing to me is, where do people come up with this comic-book crap? I mean, aside from creationists and their biblical agenda, what are our school kids being taught these days? Or, are they being properly taught science in most respects but not the ability to apply critical thinking? This would mean they're coming home, watching witless nonsense on TV, and favoring TV over proper education. Ancient Aliens comes to mind—a truly regrettable program.

It seems too many people these days discard proper science in favor of science fiction. Grrr.

• Like 3

They could have lived together nobody knows

No they couldn't have because if we existed along with dinosaurs we wouldn't be here having this discussion .

I share your headache.

The scary thing to me is, where do people come up with this comic-book crap? I mean, aside from creationists and their biblical agenda, what are our school kids being taught these days? Or, are they being properly taught science in most respects but not the ability to apply critical thinking? This would mean they're coming home, watching witless nonsense on TV, and favoring TV over proper education. Ancient Aliens comes to mind—a truly regrettable program.

It seems too many people these days discard proper science in favor of science fiction. Grrr.

lol I'm not going to find another entertaining show that will explain strange things, fact of fiction, the way Ancient Aliens and History channel pumped it out. Giorgio Tsoukalos is entertaining in my opinion whether he's right or wrong. At least for a little bit.

No they couldn't have because if we existed along with dinosaurs we wouldn't be here having this discussion .

What about things in religion and relating to Bigfoot? Not every organism died off during the "time of the dinosaurs".

What about another planet? (I don't like it myself) If dinosaurs exist on another planet we need to wait 65 million years for something intelligent to pop up. Right? I guess not.

What if "whoever runs this universe" could rewind time only for themselves and manifest one of us in there and watch.

If you want to show us humans in our time a dinosaur we should make a movie or maybe someone will manifest(manifesting sometimes could be explained as a mind trick in someway) it on us.

Our dreams will show us the best.

Edited by kampz

Well hey, let's remember (unless someone has already pointed this out) that man and dinosaurs currently coexist. They're called birds.

Tin Foil hat alert people..

I'll take mine, please....it's the one with the beer holders.....

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

pictured Ica Ceremonial Burial Stones that are likely from the Nazca culture. In 1500s the Spanish Conquistadors brought back stories that there were stones with strange creatures carved on them found in this region of Peru. Some of the stones were even brought back to Spain and the Incan Chronicles, Juan de Santa Cruz Pachucuti Lumqui, wrote in 1571 about the strange engraved stones in Ica. (See Swift, Dennis, Secrets of the Ica Stones, 2006.) Dom Geronomo Cabrera was a Spanish conquistador who settled the area of Ica in 1570.One of his descendants, Dr. Javier Cabrera, saw these stones as a child and began collecting them in the 1960s. Today, over 11,000 such stones have been found. Retired from the University of Lima,...pottery in the museum of Lima and beautiful tapestries from the tombs in the area (dated from 200 – 700 AD) with a repeating pattern that looks like dinosaurs (pictures courtesy of Dennis Swift).Indeed, the depictions on some of the Ica Stones show the sauropod dinosaurs with a crest of spines much like that discovered by Paleontologist Stephen Czerkas. http://www.genesispark.org/exhibits/evidence/historical/ancient/dinosaur/

nazcapottery2_zps15cdba86.jpgNazcapottery1_zps6998c358.jpg

There are many more examples on the link in the quote. Very interesting!

While some of the Ica stones are probably genuine, those with dinosaurs are very obvious modern fakes, simply because they depict dinosaurs in a way that is not consistent with reality, but very much akin to how we thought they looked before the Dinosaur Renaissance. The other examples on this site are either not dinosaurs at all (the Jade dragons are obviously chameleons, or the long-necked Egyptian and Sumerian animal composites, the serpopards) or confirmed hoaxes. You can find detailed explanations all over the web.

• Like 2

While some of the Ica stones are probably genuine, those with dinosaurs are very obvious modern fakes, simply because they depict dinosaurs in a way that is not consistent with reality, but very much akin to how we thought they looked before the Dinosaur Renaissance. The other examples on this site are either not dinosaurs at all (the Jade dragons are obviously chameleons, or the long-necked Egyptian and Sumerian animal composites, the serpopards) or confirmed hoaxes. You can find detailed explanations all over the web.

I once met Javier Cabrera Darquea (the guy who possessed a zillion stones depicting native Americans playing with dinosaurs, natives looking through telescopes, and all that) in 1991. His little museum was located at the central plaza of the little town of Ica.

His museum was incredible: from top to bottom, from wall to wall, in literally every nook and cranny were these engraved stones.

Soon after I entered, he came from a back room, and we introduced ourselves to eachother. One of the first things he asked me was what I had studied. My answer was 'chemistry'. Then I asked him if I could see those stones from up real close, and it was ok. I still remember I thought, "I can make those engravings!", but I didn't tell him. He didn't say much, and I didn't have much time to wander around in his museum for much longer because else I would miss my bus (a 4 hours drive to the north; and yes, I missed my bus... something else to experience: feeling lost in country like that).

When I was about to leave, he asked me if I was interested in buying his book. I was, and he signed it for me:

Cabrera_Ica1.jpg

OK, a few days later (yes, I found my way back) I met an artist who recreated ancient Incan and Nazcan pottery:

Cabrera_Ica2.jpg

He demonstrated his art to us, and I bought one of his creations. Then I made a 'mistake', lol: I asked him in my best Spanish if he had ever heard of Cabrera and his engraved stones...

I don't know what he had heard me say, or maybe he assumed I thought he was one of those who made those fake stones for Cabrera, but he nearly exploded: he almost yelled in my face, saying that he was NOT ONE OF THOSE FRAUDS, and that he only recreated the ancient pottery because he wanted his ancestors' art to be preserved for humanity.

OK, so I excused myself and said I never intended to even suggest he was one of Cabrera's men. He cooled down, excused himself too for his outburst... and asked me if I was interested in buying another of his pots, lol.

• Like 3

We really don't know unless someone isn't telling. If so I will feel like Burt from Tremors 2 Aftershocks

[media=]

[/media]

What about prototype humans which can be anything as far as I'm concerned? *rolls dice* No evidence yet maybe I think. Perhaps "they" can delete it.

If a dinosaur was manifested at one time then the thread title stands true. That's when modern day humans(us) were here. It's up to us if we want to believe it. Reports are here. I'll keep gambling and say true. :passifier:

Edited by kampz
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

yes, they did...dont let anyone tell you different.

Science tells us a lot of things and most of us accept what they tell us but science has been proven wrong

on things they say. Such as the Coelacanth. A fish that was suppose to be extinct along with the dinosaurs but they

were rediscovered in 1938 off the coast of S. Africa.

• Like 1

Science tells us a lot of things and most of us accept what they tell us but science has been proven wrong

on things they say. Such as the Coelacanth. A fish that was suppose to be extinct along with the dinosaurs but they

were rediscovered in 1938 off the coast of S. Africa.

Though your allegations against Science (empirical) are not true. The people who have been wrong are a hybrid sort of historians who like to dabble in science called 'Evolutionist'.They are the ones who hypothesize the suspected timelines along with a few other pseudoscientists regarding the great evolutionary timeline. While criticizing such people you should leave empirical science out of it since it is based on experimentation and is supported by reproducible results and theoretical proof to back the claim (all these things are missing or non-existent when you talk about evolutionists).

• Like 2

Though your allegations against Science (empirical) are not true. The people who have been wrong are a hybrid sort of historians who like to dabble in science called 'Evolutionist'.They are the ones who hypothesize the suspected timelines along with a few other pseudoscientists regarding the great evolutionary timeline. While criticizing such people you should leave empirical science out of it since it is based on experimentation and is supported by reproducible results and theoretical proof to back the claim (all these things are missing or non-existent when you talk about evolutionists).

I never mentioned anything about pseudoscience. Read my last post again and try to find that word mentioned. It would seem you theorized that's what I meant.

What I stated about the coelacanth is true. They were thought to be extinct until 1938. Google it.

Furthermore, Science doesn't know with 100% certainty that an asteroid wiped out the dinosaurs. It's only theory but they implanted it in the public mind on

that's what happened. I remember a recent thread on this website that some scientist are having second thoughts that it wasn't an asteroid that killed off the

dinos and seem to think it was volcanoes that put them into extinction. My point being is science is always revising there theories.

We really don't know unless someone isn't telling. If so I will feel like Burt from Tremors 2 Aftershocks

[media=]

[/media]

What about prototype humans which can be anything as far as I'm concerned? *rolls dice* No evidence yet maybe I think. Perhaps "they" can delete it.

If a dinosaur was manifested at one time then the thread title stands true. That's when modern day humans(us) were here. It's up to us if we want to believe it. Reports are here. I'll keep gambling and say true. :passifier:

There is a gap of 60 million years between modern humans and dinosaurs, the reports are there as well. Gamble as much as you want, that is not going to make it true.

I never mentioned anything about pseudoscience. Read my last post again and try to find that word mentioned. It would seem you theorized that's what I meant.

What I stated about the coelacanth is true. They were thought to be extinct until 1938. Google it.

Furthermore, Science doesn't know with 100% certainty that an asteroid wiped out the dinosaurs. It's only theory but they implanted it in the public mind on that's what happened. I remember a recent thread on this website that some scientist are having second thoughts that it wasn't an asteroid that killed off the dinos and seem to think it was volcanoes that put them into extinction. My point being is science is always revising there theories.

Science went for what seemed the most plausible explanation based on the evidence at hand. which is what science (usually at least) does. Science never says it's 100% correct, we all know that it is constantly being revised and corrected, in order to be the most accurate possible. Science as such is not at fault, it's the human, emotional factor that sometimes does bring difficulty. Lets face it even amongst scientist, people just don't like to be wrong or proven wrong.

And I don't think science "implanted" anything in the public mind, the public mind just was so mesmerized with the idea, that an asteroid could destroy 95% of all life on earth, that it stuck.

And no, I didn't read pseudo-science in your post neither. As to what effectively caused the dinosaurs to go extinct, that's either the impact theory or as you say volcanic activity, by which you probably mean the Deccan Traps (for an explanation of this particular theory, please read here, for an explanation on a more general level of this phenomenon, please read here). Those are the two foremost theories so far.

I've read a rather compelling piece about the first few hours after impact of the asteroid, based on the geological evidence of the impact. I would recommend the read, it's very interesting, if somewhat tedious by times.

I have for the longest of times wondered if it might not have been an cumulative effect of the two, the impact triggering the volcanic activity and both being the cause of the widespread extinction event.