Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama 'backs assault weapons ban'

Still Waters

How easy it must be to put words in the mouth of a dead man...

Correct. And we have to know that Jefferson was more talking about the right to use an arm on your property and to use it when called by your country. Very little did he say that would justify a gun-slinging society. But, as I said before, if 50% +1 decide they want a gun slinging society that is how it is.

Correct. And we have to know that Jefferson was more talking about the right to use an arm on your property and to use it when called by your country. Very little did he say that would justify a gun-slinging society. But, as I said before, if 50% +1 decide they want a gun slinging society that is how it is.

The FF continuously warned of the creeping corruption of government and the need to be able to defend against it.. Tyrannical governments ALWAYS take the guns from the citizens first. They understand the power of numbers and how it would put stop to their plans.
  • Like 1

The FF continuously warned of the creeping corruption of government and the need to be able to defend against it.. Tyrannical governments ALWAYS take the guns from the citizens first. They understand the power of numbers and how it would put stop to their plans.

Still does not justify putting words never intended by Jefferson into his mouth.

And again: for all I care you can keep your gun, as long as you are held liable for every penny of damage it causes by your intent or by your neglect.

The sole purpose of a gun is to kill!!!! It doesn't have any other use!!!!

Children are being slaughtered across the Nation with guns, not a baseball bat,

not with knives, not with garden tools or bows and arrows!!

hear is a link by AP about young little kids that are killed by guns:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20121224/US.Child.Deaths.Firearms/

first-grader Luke Schuster, 6, was shot to death in New Town, N.D. Six-year-olds John Devine Jr. and Jayden Thompson were similarly killed in Kentucky and Texas.

Veronica Moser-Sullivan, 6, died in a mass shooting at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., while 6-year-old Kammia Perry was slain by her father outside her Cleveland home

Julio Segura-McIntosh died in Tacoma, Wash. The 3-year-old accidentally shot himself in the head while playing with a gun he found inside a car.

Alyssa Celaya, 8, bled to death after being shot by her father with a .38-caliber gun at the Tule River Indian Reservation in California. Her grandmother and two brothers also were killed, a younger sister and brother were shot and wounded. The father shot and killed himself amid a hail of gunfire from officers.

Delric Miller's life ended at 9 months and Angel Mauro Cortez Nava's at 14 months.

Faith Ehlen, 22 months, Autumn Cochran, 10, and Alyssa Cochran, 11, all died Sept. 6. Their mother killed them with the shotgun before turning it on herself.

In Dundee, Ore., Randall Engels used a gun to kill his estranged wife Amy Engels and their children, Jackson, 11, and Bailey, 13, while they were at the table eating pizza on the Fourth of July. The children were each shot twice. Engels also shot and killed himself.

Many of the children who died in 2012 were shot with guns that belonged to their parents, relatives or baby sitters, or were simply in the home.

But even people trained in gun use slip up — and the mistakes are costly.

A Springville, Utah, police officer had a non-service gun in his home that officials said did not have external safeties. His 2-year-old son found the gun and shot himself on Sept. 11.

Amari Markel-Purrel Perkins, of Clinton, Md. He shot himself in the chest on April 9 with a gun that an adult had stashed inside a Spiderman backpack.

These and many more children's lives are cut short by being shot with a gun!!! It's obvious that guns are the weapon of choice (most of the time), when

some looneytune decides to commit murder!!!!

Children's lives are more important than the "right to own a gun"!!!!!!

The second Amendment is outdated by over 200 years!!!!

• Like 1

I'm continually amazed at gun nuts who advocate insurrection.

Yeah, I understand completely when they say they need one for home protection. But to advocate government going rogue conspiracy theories? Yeah good one.

The sole purpose of a gun is to kill!!!! It doesn't have any other use!!!!

Children are being slaughtered across the Nation with guns, not a baseball bat,

not with knives, not with garden tools or bows and arrows!!

hear is a link by AP about young little kids that are killed by guns:

http://xfinity.comca...eaths.Firearms/

first-grader Luke Schuster, 6, was shot to death in New Town, N.D. Six-year-olds John Devine Jr. and Jayden Thompson were similarly killed in Kentucky and Texas.

Veronica Moser-Sullivan, 6, died in a mass shooting at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., while 6-year-old Kammia Perry was slain by her father outside her Cleveland home

Julio Segura-McIntosh died in Tacoma, Wash. The 3-year-old accidentally shot himself in the head while playing with a gun he found inside a car.

Alyssa Celaya, 8, bled to death after being shot by her father with a .38-caliber gun at the Tule River Indian Reservation in California. Her grandmother and two brothers also were killed, a younger sister and brother were shot and wounded. The father shot and killed himself amid a hail of gunfire from officers.

Delric Miller's life ended at 9 months and Angel Mauro Cortez Nava's at 14 months.

Faith Ehlen, 22 months, Autumn Cochran, 10, and Alyssa Cochran, 11, all died Sept. 6. Their mother killed them with the shotgun before turning it on herself.

In Dundee, Ore., Randall Engels used a gun to kill his estranged wife Amy Engels and their children, Jackson, 11, and Bailey, 13, while they were at the table eating pizza on the Fourth of July. The children were each shot twice. Engels also shot and killed himself.

Many of the children who died in 2012 were shot with guns that belonged to their parents, relatives or baby sitters, or were simply in the home.

But even people trained in gun use slip up — and the mistakes are costly.

A Springville, Utah, police officer had a non-service gun in his home that officials said did not have external safeties. His 2-year-old son found the gun and shot himself on Sept. 11.

Amari Markel-Purrel Perkins, of Clinton, Md. He shot himself in the chest on April 9 with a gun that an adult had stashed inside a Spiderman backpack.

These and many more children's lives are cut short by being shot with a gun!!! It's obvious that guns are the weapon of choice (most of the time), when

some looneytune decides to commit murder!!!!

Children's lives are more important than the "right to own a gun"!!!!!!

The second Amendment is outdated by over 200 years!!!!

Sad to think how many lives were saved if there was only a knife or bat available. A lot of murderers would be too coward to stab someone or get bashed in the face after harming a fraction of people than if they had a gun.

Sad to think how many lives were saved if there was only a knife or bat available. A lot of murderers would be too coward to stab someone or get bashed in the face after harming a fraction of people than if they had a gun.

If reality is contained by the selective attention to none but the most outlandish of gun crimes as focused on by our media, then yeah. But I'll need evidence to believe your opinion that murderers in the US are more cowardly than their European counterparts and need guns to kill with.

• Like 1

Please, spare us the Jefferson propaganda.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the Atmosphere." -- Thomas Jefferson

"What country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that its people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." -- Thomas Jefferson

"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives [only] moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion to your walks." -- Thomas Jefferson

• Like 1

Please, spare us the Jefferson propaganda.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the Atmosphere." -- Thomas Jefferson

"What country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that its people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." -- Thomas Jefferson

"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives [only] moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion to your walks." -- Thomas Jefferson

And besides that, as long as you have a voice you have no right to rebel. We know. I believe you have a voice, even if you are pretty alone with your opinion. And imposing the will of the minority on the majority is something that none of the founding fathers would have approved of.

And besides that, as long as you have a voice you have no right to rebel. We know. I believe you have a voice, even if you are pretty alone with your opinion. And imposing the will of the minority on the majority is something that none of the founding fathers would have approved of.

What am I imposing on the majority? The 2nd Amendment? The founders approved of that, obviously. Derp!

• Like 2

What am I imposing on the majority? The 2nd Amendment? The founders approved of that, obviously. Derp!

If the majority seez goodbye second amendment it is goodbye second amendment. The reason why those things are called amendments is so they could be changed or abolished as time required and as society evolved.

If the majority seez goodbye second amendment it is goodbye second amendment. The reason why those things are called amendments is so they could be changed or abolished as time required and as society evolved.

BS, liberal. You want to kill the 2nd Amendment? Super majority and 3/4ths of the states to ratify it. Good luck.

• Like 2

Yeah, I understand completely when they say they need one for home protection. But to advocate government going rogue conspiracy theories? Yeah good one.

Either you are a troll, or very stupid

If you're calling me a conspiracy theorist because I know that governments have no conscience, and have the ability to kill their citizens - as many governments in the past have done - then you are deliberately ignoring the facts regarding the millions of *disarmed* citizens killed by their governments, and violating common sense in a very reckless and unintelligent manner.

@ questionmark - The ability of the people to bare arms shall not be infringed. What do you not get about that?

I don't care if half the country is drinking the koolaid and think it's a good idea to take away their own rights.

They can hand in their guns, they can hand over their rights - because they're putting themselves on a serving tray for the government.

In other words, democracy at its finest - the wolves outvoting the sheep - but first the government has to spin the public against our ability to defend ourselves through the liberal media and use it as a banner to recruit more wolves. They can get more wolves, but I know how to put wolves down.

Do we really believe government can provide total security? Do we want to involuntarily commit every disaffected, disturbed, or alienated person who fantasizes about violence? Or can we accept that liberty is more important than the illusion of state-provided security? Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. We shouldn’t settle for substituting one type of violence for another. Government role is to protect liberty, not to pursue unobtainable safety.

- Ron Paul

Edited by Eonwe
  • Like 1

If you're calling me a conspiracy theorist because I know that governments have no conscience, and have the ability to kill their citizens - as many governments in the past have done - then you are deliberately ignoring the facts regarding the millions of *disarmed* citizens killed by their governments, and violating common sense in a very reckless and unintelligent manner.

@ questionmark - The ability of the people to bare arms shall not be infringed. What do you not get about that?

I don't care if half the country is drinking the koolaid and think it's a good idea to take away their own rights.

They can hand in their guns, they can hand over their rights - because they're putting themselves on a serving tray for the government.

In other words, democracy at its finest - the wolves outvoting the sheep - but first the government has to spin the public against our ability to defend ourselves through the liberal media and use it as a banner to recruit more wolves. They can get more wolves, but I know how to put wolves down.

I don't care how many guns you have, as long as every one of them is registered, identifiable and you responsible for the damage they cause by your actions or your neglect.

I don't care how many guns you have, as long as every one of them is registered, identifiable and you responsible for the damage they cause by your actions or your neglect.

Then you're pretending there are problems that don't exist. Registration requirements and damages from our neglect or misuse are already on the books. If this was really all you cared about you'd be very happy with the laws we have.

• Like 1

Then you're pretending there are problems that don't exist. Registration requirements and damages from our neglect or misuse are already on the books. If this was really all you cared about you'd be very happy with the laws we have.

Where the problem is that in most states is is about as enforced as the prohibition to have sex doggie style. And that is what has to change.

As an adult who values religious adherence to good laws, they are.

But if any one wants to take away my right to defend myself in this free society, they have another thing coming.

That is all I am advocating.

Edited by Eonwe
  • Like 2

Where the problem is that in most states is is about as enforced as the prohibition to have sex doggie style. And that is what has to change.

I see no evidence to believe in this rhetorically lipsticked opinion. The wake of the tragedy you're skiing behind right now cooking up so many unrelated issues about guns, has nothing to do with preventing Sandy Hook.

• Like 1

- Ron Paul

Another tragedy the media ignores in this country is the epidemic of dog shootings by cops. It's unconscionable how easily cops shoot our loved ones and get away with it usually with no legal recourse by the victims of those shootings. But just try and shoot a police dog; it's treated the same as shooting an officer of the law.

Giving our government a monopoly on arms is the stupidest political idea I've ever heard in my life.

• Like 1

My girlfriend has a 90 lb lab and despite the fact that he's over 10 years old, he is very protective not to mention very strong, and will bark authoritatively and repeatedly if he knows someone is outside. When she opens the door he comes running straight at me, even if he already recognizes me, and it's intimidating. He doesn't bite me of course; he doesn't even jump on me. He runs around me and acts super-happy to see me, but that's not what it looks like or sounds like when he's charging across the room towards the door. A cop has already drawn a gun on her dog who has never bitten anyone and never would. I've warned her to never let her dog near a cop if one is at the door. She agreed to put him in the bedroom and shut the door and that could very well save his life from these gun-happy goons with badges.

My girlfriend has a 90 lb lab and despite the fact that he's over 10 years old, he is very protective not to mention very strong, and will bark authoritatively and repeatedly if he knows someone is outside. When she opens the door he comes running straight at me, even if he already recognizes me, and it's intimidating. He doesn't bite me of course; he doesn't even jump on me. He runs around me and acts super-happy to see me, but that's not what it looks like or sounds like when he's charging across the room towards the door. A cop has already drawn a gun on her dog who has never bitten anyone and never would. I've warned her to never let her dog near a cop if one is at the door. She agreed to put him in the bedroom and shut the door and that could very well save his life from these gun-happy goons with badges.

My dog is a pure bred golden retriever and eleven. He has a thyroid condition and thus is very huge. His bark is only amplified by his size; in a similar manner, it's a very authoritive and deep growl and bark when someone is at the door. However, as soon as someone walks in the house his tail starts wagging, slapping into the walls. He has only ever bit anyone once in his life, and that was me - ten years ago. As soon as you sit down he'll run up to you and rest his head in your lap, continuing to wag his tail, playfully nudging into your arms or knees, seemingly with a look on his face like he's almost smiling.

If a cop ever walked up to my door, he'd probably think it was a huge dog ready to attack, and thus would be ready to put him down.

Depsite the fact he's never attacked anyone in his life and has no mean bones in his body.

Edited by Eonwe

If reality is contained by the selective attention to none but the most outlandish of gun crimes as focused on by our media, then yeah. But I'll need evidence to believe your opinion that murderers in the US are more cowardly than their European counterparts and need guns to kill with.

The point is murderers with guns are far, far, far more deadly than with knives.

Simply compare school rampages with guns and knives. A gun nut here in this forum looked at 7 incidents in China where someone went crazy with a knife at elementary schools. The total killed was less than Sandy Hook alone.

You are so detached from reality that I wouldn't be surprised you think martians are going to invade the Earth. Hey anyone can twist history. Oh some people shot each other in 1779, let me shoot my neighbors! Oh the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, lets bomb Tokyo tomorrow! Oh the Mongols swept through China, lets exterminate them.

Your fear of the government goes beyond paranoia into insane territory.