Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ron Paul rips NRA plan for officers in every

docyabut2

I don't have an exact number, but often enough in the news I hear about terror plots foiled. As a taxpayer I'm satisfied that there is due diligence on the part of DHS.

The power of the media ... Doktor Goebbels would be proud ...

Holy Mother of God, so keeping kids under firm discipline would need armed officers?!??!?!?!

Perhaps the administrators of Sandy Hook Elementary would think so, yes. As is their right.

Perhaps the administrators of Sandy Hook Elementary would think so, yes. As is their right.

Have they made any such statement - its only the NRA which has taken such an extreme position - and they can hardly be called impartial.

Br Cornelius

Have they made any such statement - its only the NRA which has taken such an extreme position - and they can hardly be called impartial.

Br Cornelius

It doesn't matter for the sake of this argument what Sandy Hook intends to do because we have no power to determine that. They can do whatever they feel is right, and they will pay the market price for doing so.

The NRA are wrong, as Ron Paul explained in the OP.

Well let me re-phrase: He's not opposed to it. In one of the Republican debates he basically asked: Why shouldn't Iran be allowed to have nukes in order to defend itself against Israel? Yet apparently we in the US shouldn't be allowed to defend our school children from crazed gunmen.

We're going slightly off topic, but Ron Paul thinks that Iran has the same right as Israel to develop and possess nuclear weapons.

Despite your rephrased claim, he does not favor GIVING such weapons to them.

I too think that Iran should be able to enter the nuclear club of the world, though if I get to ask Santa Claus, I wish that NOBODY had nuclear weapons.

If Israel and its trigger happy government can have them, why not Iran, who has invaded nobody?

• Like 4

The question I was talking about was the idea that was referred to in the post I quoted of armed guards to maintain discipline in the classroom, which surely would be... well, surely all you can say to that idea is well.... .

• Like 1

I'll frame my argument in the way that Obama would:

index.jpeg

Anybody who doesn't support this plan needs to explain exactly why they would oppose something that we know would improve the safety of our children at such an urgent time. I hope everyone thinks long and hard about what’s at stake. We've got to keep on pressing with actions that can strengthen our schools. There's no excuse for not passing these ideas. We know they can work. These bipartisan, paid-for ideas will help put police officers back on the job keeping our schools safe.

The voters respond ...

so if I oppose this plan ...

1279043817638.jpg

... does that mean I hate children???

Edited by Order66

These shootings at schools do not happen everyday or often enough to justify setting up a police style surveilance system in public schools. Those who emotionally trade their freedoms for somebody else's version of safety end up with neither. RP understands this as should any individual who embraces liberty.

and if they dont happen often enough to ensure the kids safety by having an armed police officer there as a detterent, then why is the government looking to "adjust" the second ammendment?

Obviously someone in Government believes its worth addressing.

• Like 1

The question I asked was how many terrorists has the TSA has caught? The answer is zero.

It costs $8 billion per year to fund the TSA and they have never caught a terrorist. It's a complete waste of money.

Your whole last paragraph is just silly.

How did the TSA get brought into this when the NRA leadership simply suggested a Police officer with a weapon to patrol the school grounds?

I havent heard any other ideas from anyone else that would actually protect the students.

Unless you count the impossible to actually carry out plan of banning all weapons.

• Like 2

Oh great, so lets arm schools, classrooms, restaurants, movie theaters, car washes, drugstores, walmarts, gas stations. The NRA solution is plainly ludicrous and impossible to do.

Get carried away much?

You sound exactly like the rest of the people that just want to yell real loud and hope that by doing so they wont have to hear logic.

Explain to me how Sandy Hook could have been prevented. I'll wait while you dream up some awesome plan........

Now take the principal or a police officer walking the grounds and give them a gun.

Does the kid still kill an entire class room?

Feel free to ignore the obvious answer but like it or not only one way to stop crazies when you dont know who they are or when they will attack.

And its called being prepared.

• Like 2

The question I was talking about was the idea that was referred to in the post I quoted of armed guards to maintain discipline in the classroom, which surely would be... well, surely all you can say to that idea is well.... .

"Armed guards to maintain discipline" was your quote. And now you've just added "in the classroom".

If Sandy Hook wants to put armed guards in their school in response to this tragedy, I have no problem with them doing that as if I have any right to infringe on them otherwise. Having people with guns who aren't murderers at the point of crisis is what might mitigate the body count in these rare but sensational school shootings (if body count is what we now care about once again; the ever-changing arguments get exhausting after awhile when people don't have anything firm to stand on).

• Like 1

Holy Mother of God, so keeping kids under firm discipline would need armed officers?!??!?!?!

Discipline? No.

Alive? Depends, is a nutjob on the way to the school with weapons?

If the Government is going to require kids to go to school then they should at least ensure their safety while there.

• Like 2

We're going slightly off topic, but Ron Paul thinks that Iran has the same right as Israel to develop and possess nuclear weapons.

Despite your rephrased claim, he does not favor GIVING such weapons to them.

I too think that Iran should be able to enter the nuclear club of the world, though if I get to ask Santa Claus, I wish that NOBODY had nuclear weapons.

If Israel and its trigger happy government can have them, why not Iran, who has invaded nobody?

I'm guessing your not exactly pro-Israel.

How dare they keep attacking Palestine unproked and all. right?

My kids High School has a police officer walking the hallways, interacting with the kids and checking the doors etc all day.

The kids think hes great and none give a second thought as to why hes there.

He does not intervene in disciplinary issues and doesnt enter classrooms during class.

Want to guess how many drug problems we have had?

Want to guess how many weapon problems we have had?

Want to take a crack at how many fights have had to be broken up in the hallways or on school grounds?

ZERO on all accounts.

And as a parent i go to work in the morning not worrying or even thinking that my child might be in danger at school.

I love Ron Paul but i disagree with him on this one, i believe a Police officer is the perfect first line of defense against a mentally unstable gunman with evil in his heart.

• Like 2

Not offering Israel a nuclear double standard in the world = "not exactly pro-Israel"? Okay.

Iran, unlike Israel, signed the NNPT and has every right to a nuclear program. If Israel attacks Iran over this, Iran should defend itself. By my own country's standards, Israel's military would need to be destroyed sufficiently so that it loses its capability to attack Iran again.` By the media's standards, Iran would just have to sit there while Israel pecks away at underground bunkers.

• Like 1

My kids High School has a police officer walking the hallways, interacting with the kids and checking the doors etc all day.

The kids think hes great and none give a second thought as to why hes there.

He does not intervene in disciplinary issues and doesnt enter classrooms during class.

Want to guess how many drug problems we have had?

Want to guess how many weapon problems we have had?

Want to take a crack at how many fights have had to be broken up in the hallways or on school grounds?

ZERO on all accounts.

And as a parent i go to work in the morning not worrying or even thinking that my child might be in danger at school.

I love Ron Paul but i disagree with him on this one, i believe a Police officer is the perfect first line of defense against a mentally unstable gunman with evil in his heart.

And Ron Paul supports your school's right to have a police officer patrolling its hallways. You don't disagree with Ron Paul this time either.

How did the TSA get brought into this when the NRA leadership simply suggested a Police officer with a weapon to patrol the school grounds?

simple, tsa is gvmnt controlled agency, that is supposed to ensure safety of air travel.nra suggestion is to establigh same organization, to ensure safety in school.same thing, i have no doubt it will be just as useless as tsa.btw, colombine had armed guard, and he did exchange fire with shooters, yet it didn't stop tragedy from happening. i doubt, armed guars will be effective, unless we turn our schools into jail like enviroment. i persoanly would not send my kids in such school.

• Like 1

I'm guessing your not exactly pro-Israel.

How dare they keep attacking Palestine unproked and all. right?

It's far more complex than that.

• Like 1

And Ron Paul supports your school's right to have a police officer patrolling its hallways. You don't disagree with Ron Paul this time either.

I'm surprised at how many people don't know it is a common practice in inner city schools because of violence already.

Get carried away much?

You sound exactly like the rest of the people that just want to yell real loud and hope that by doing so they wont have to hear logic.

Explain to me how Sandy Hook could have been prevented. I'll wait while you dream up some awesome plan........

Now take the principal or a police officer walking the grounds and give them a gun.

Does the kid still kill an entire class room?

Feel free to ignore the obvious answer but like it or not only one way to stop crazies when you dont know who they are or when they will attack.

And its called being prepared.

Way to go to not read my post, at all. Oh wow, armed guards everywhere, you call that a plan? So arm every place where humans gather since you yourself said "you dont know who they are or when they will attack."? Your local coffee shop has a guy with a AK47?

Hit me back later when you have a plan that actually solves something.

I too agree with Ron Paul on this. The proposal would certainly put us on a slippery slope.

If the official story were true, then the NRA proposal might be a reasonable thing. After all, most schools have School Resource Officers, as they call them here in Florida, so arming them properly would not be difficult.

Columbine had an armed security officer. How much good did it do them?

• Like 1

I just think if its good enough for obamas kids to be in sidwell where there are 11 armed guards non ss by the way , why does he not think our kids do not deserve the same treatment . O that's right we are to scared to do anything for ourselves so we let the nanny state decide . All schools are gun free zones and guess what criminals don't follow laws so giving up rights for false security is senile.The elites brainwash us into believing its better to be disarmed what good it did all over the world crime rates were lower before the all banned guns. Take in account population difference of all countries

Our children do not need that kind of security. I mean, you know that right?

Columbine had an armed security officer. How much good did it do them?

Well did he have an AK47 and a bulletproof vest with 50 round magazines :yes: . Since you obviously want to be better armed than the crazies, an RPG should do the trick. For faster reloading, have magazines spread across the hallways.

Yeah, because you know how well people respond to be treated like criminals and children have a natural propensity for rebellion.

• Like 1

Well did he have an AK47 and a bulletproof vest with 50 round magazines :yes: . Since you obviously want to be better armed than the crazies, an RPG should do the trick. For faster reloading, have magazines spread across the hallways.

You really want someone at your child's school with an RPG?