Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

Alphamale06

It was never observed. It doesn't need to be. The evidence is clear.

It's about detective work not hearsay. When hearsay backs up the detective work that's even better.

It's based on an interpretation of a layer on a stone.

What I have tried is show you that interpretation may be wrong.

Plus that there are old reports of something pointing to my alternative interpretation, or, as you said, "When hearsay backs up the detective work that's even better.".

Abe: a reply from Brien about how he measures volumes:

Brien Foerster Reply to your comment on: Lost Human Species Of Paracas Peru: Elongated Skulls

Fill with sand, and then put the sand in a known volume container.

OK, it's here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uue1em05qus

It's based on an interpretation of a layer on a stone.

What I have tried is show you that interpretation may be wrong.

Plus that there are old reports of something pointing to my alternative interpretation, or, as you said, "When hearsay backs up the detective work that's even better.".

But the interpretations fail when each case of artefact is considered. Artefacts not exposed cannot be subject to desert varnish. More crudely built walls have no varnish at all only the precision ones do. Remaining quarry rock is not polished with powder, chemicals or anything else.

Any convincing alternative theory has to fit all of the known facts.

Edited by zoser

Quite. Abe's and Mr O's theory. Not mine. See last dozen posts.

i think this topic should get back on track.

it seems that whenever you're cornered you just turn around and go a different direction. the posts here are all reacting to your claims - they are brought forth due to your posts. your theories. which have been squashed systematically since the beginning of this thread.

to be honest zoser i cannot understand why your repeatedly posting videos with no basis in fact is allowed on this thread.

it's stupid.

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 2

Now who is lying here?

I have never said the rocks were "polished".

But the interpretations fail when each case of artefact is considered. Artefacts not exposed cannot be subject to desert varnish. More crudely built walls have no varnish at all only the precision ones do. Remaining quarry rock is not polished with powder, chemicals or anything else.

Any convincing alternative theory has to fit all of the known facts.

This is the 6th time I think: the Incas constructed buildings and structures using a different technique with a different accuracy for structures of different importance.

Or in human language: they would have build a common house or average wall differently (inferior) and with a less accurate and precise technique than they would have built a temple or ceremonial place.

"Remaining quarry rock is not polished with powder, chemicals or anything else."

You have no idea at all if chemicals were used.

Btw, you don't 'polish' with acids. Or maybe this is again some language thing...

Edited by Abramelin

What is the relevance of this? We are discussing multi tonne andesite blocks that make contact so perfectly across the total mating surfaces, sometimes in 2 sometimes in 3 dimensions. That's a bit different to putting one boulder on top of another.

LOL

the relevance is, a few posts or pages back, it was

(whoops somehow got posted before id even started, oddly)

so again: the relevance is, a few posts or pages back, it was stated, (from an article IIRC) that these precision stones....do not always show the same precision - and there are in fact places on such structures which do not fit so well.. so they were not 100% perfect, at all

Edited by seeder

This is the 6th time I think: the Incas constructed buildings and structures using a different technique with a different accuracy for structures of different importance.

Or in human language: they would have build a common house or average wall differently (inferior) and with a less accurate and precise technique than they would have built a temple or ceremonial place.

"Remaining quarry rock is not polished with powder, chemicals or anything else."

You have no idea at all if chemicals were used.

Btw, you don't 'polish' with acids. Or maybe this is again some language thing...

So presumably you are conjecturing that the chemicals were used to soften the rock ready for cutting? Is that how you are saying the vitrification could have appeared? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If this is what you are saying it still doesn't account for the vitrification found on the ledges and surfaces in the caves.

Here is a significant picture from one of BF's visit's to Macch Picchu

zoser4_zps11e84de1.jpg

The join looks as if it's fused. Much more than dirt ingress.

Now it's feasible (barely!) that Abe's idea of acids could have done this. The intricate carvings inside the caves however were clearly not done with acids. Here some tool must have undercut the rock to facilitate removal of large blocks. The same at 'The Wall of the Living Rock'.

So again I contend that the acid theory is questionable on two accounts:

1) It is not practised today yet it could save a fortune in building costs.

2) It doesn't account for where huge blocks have been extracted and the vitrification left behind.

Got to clean up my pc. Some threats detected by Anti-Spyware.

See you shortly.

Edited by zoser

Show me some credible independent verification, then we'll talk.

• Like 1

"So presumably you are conjecturing that the chemicals were used to soften the rock ready for cutting? Is that how you are saying the vitrification could have appeared? Please correct me if I'm wrong."

This is getting extremely tiresome. The surface of the finished rocks was chemically altered, smoothed, softened, whatever.

"f this is what you are saying it still doesn't account for the vitrification found on the ledges and surfaces in the caves."

You have no proof of vitrification.

That that sheen is on other surfaces apart from the cut stones may be caused by the way they applied the chemicals to the stone. Maybe they boiled the brew and the fumes attacked the walls of the quarries too (and the lungs and skin of those who worked with it).

"Now it's feasible (barely!) that Abe's idea of acids could have done this. The intricate carvings inside the caves however was clearly not done with acids. Here some tool must have undercut the rock to facility removal of large blocks. The same at 'The Wall of the Living Rock'."

Show us some photos of the inside of the caves, and no more videos please.

"So again I contend that the acid theory is questionable on two accounts:

1) It is not practised today yet it could save a fortune in building costs.

2) It doesn't account for where huge blocks have been extracted and the vitrification left behind.

They also don't practice vitrification today. And maybe it was never used, and what you think is the result of vitrification is not the result of vitrification at all.

I said they don't use the chemical method anymore because, read my lips, it is a dangerous and very unhealthy method.

Abe: a reply from Brien about how he measures volumes:

Brien Foerster Reply to your comment on: Lost Human Species Of Paracas Peru: Elongated Skulls

Fill with sand, and then put the sand in a known volume container.

First he should have looked inside the skull.with some camera to see if the inside structure was still intact. Did he do that?

As you may now, inside the skull are not only the brains, but also the upper sinuses (ask those who suffer from sinusitis, they can tell you exactly were they are located). If the inside of the skull is damaged, the sinuses could have been included in the total volume.

Talking about the sinuses: does anyone know what the effect of skull binding is on the shape and volume of these sinuses?

Edited by Abramelin

Show me some credible independent verification, then we'll talk.

there isnt any evidence, only theories. Arthur C Clarke and his crew tried to reproduce this phenomena, he was a smart cookie, a little bit smarter than even zoser... and couldn't do it. If he and his crew were left scratching their heads this thread for sure wont solve the puzzle

"The 16 September 1980 episode of this series features a segment where Clarke and other scientists examine the mystery of the vitrified forts and try to recreate how it might be accomplished by piling stones and a massive bonfire. The experiment produced a few partially vitrified stones. But no answers were gleaned from how large scale forts could have been crafted with the approach Clarke tried"

http://en.wikipedia..../Vitrified_fort

A theory that zoser discounts coz it doesn't fit his ideas, is aerial phenomena like plasma bursts, sustained lightening strikes, and comets exploding in the air, like Tunguska for example... these are more plausible theories and certainly can and have caused this phenomena

So according to zoder, these mysterious temples were or had parts that 'seem' vitrified'...but this phenomena is worldwide, in Scotland, as I also mentioned ages ago... there are crappy forts and even random walls out in the countryside that seem to show the same process

so what are aliens and high tech doing all round the world, vitrifying even places used for non worship, and where there's nothing mystical about them, like a fort, or a wall? Why get so hung up on Peru, or whatever is we are talking about now?

Something happened.. theories abound, but some, in absence of a definitive answer....assume its aliens

so zoser, why vitrify a fort? One of many - and none with any significance at all?

And as Abe mentioned, this thread is getting mind-numbingly boring and going round in circles.

Perhaps it should be moved over to a geology section, if this site has one?

Edited by seeder

It's about detective work not hearsay.

Another classic zoser statement !! :w00t:

i want zoser to be forbidden to post any more videos from those quacks.

there is nothing on them worth discussing.

i bet if that were to happen he would either be forced to use his own mind, thoughts, and mouth to argue his 'points' or he would fade away.

either is ok with me, and far more preferable to what's going on right now.

i do wonder where are all the other members here who believe that aliens did this? why are they not on this thread fighting the good fight with zoser?

my guess is that they don't agree with him either, which is very telling lol

• Like 1

"( top image) Lightning – a type of plasma phenomenon – strikes over an ancient fort. Major lightning strikes can cause intense heat discharges resulting in the melting, fusing, and vitrification of sand and rock.

(bottom image) Colour image taken from an aircraft of a modern upper atmospheric electrical discharge and plasma configuration known as a “sprite” which is suggestive of the powerful plasma configurations seen in the ancient skies from the ground.

(Public Domain

Image; University of Alaska, Fairbanks.)

post-135078-0-62916900-1356805668_thumb.

so heres some info from a UNIVERSITY!! Gotta get some things right havent they. Whose to say what weather phenomena occured in ancient times.... but... most of the structures will have been taller than their surroundings so could quite logically be a target for lightening or similar...

again, MORE plausible than bloody aliens

Edited by seeder

"( top image) Lightning – a type of plasma phenomenon – strikes over an ancient fort. Major lightning strikes can cause intense heat discharges resulting in the melting, fusing, and vitrification of sand and rock.

(bottom image) Colour image taken from an aircraft of a modern upper atmospheric electrical discharge and plasma configuration known as a “sprite” which is suggestive of the powerful plasma configurations seen in the ancient skies from the ground.

(Public Domain

Image; University of Alaska, Fairbanks.)

post-135078-0-62916900-1356805668_thumb.

so heres some info from a UNIVERSITY!! Gotta get some things right havent they. Whose to say what weather phenomena occured in ancient times.... but... most of the structures will have been taller than their surroundings so could quite logically be a target for lightening or similar...

again, MORE plausible than bloody aliens

when i visited a friend in minnesota we went hunting the beach for fulgerites which are cool spears of glass made from lightning striking the sand on the beach

they're not easy to find, but they do exist and are really something else to see.

• Like 1

there isnt any evidence, only theories. Arthur C Clarke and his crew tried to reproduce this phenomena, he was a smart cookie, a little bit smarter than even zoser... and couldn't do it. If he and his crew were left scratching their heads this thread for sure wont solve the puzzle

"The 16 September 1980 episode of this series features a segment where Clarke and other scientists examine the mystery of the vitrified forts and try to recreate how it might be accomplished by piling stones and a massive bonfire. The experiment produced a few partially vitrified stones. But no answers were gleaned from how large scale forts could have been crafted with the approach Clarke tried"

A theory that zoser discounts coz it doesn't fit his ideas, is aerial phenomena like plasma bursts, sustained lightening strikes, and comets exploding in the air, like Tunguska for example... these are more plausible theories and certainly can and have caused this phenomena

So according to zoder, these mysterious temples were or had parts that 'seem' vitrified'...but this phenomena is worldwide, in Scotland, as I also mentioned ages ago... there are crappy forts and even random walls out in the countryside that seem to show the same process

so what are aliens and high tech doing all round the world, vitrifying even places used for non worship, and where there's nothing mystical about them, like a fort, or a wall? Why get so hung up on Peru, or whatever is we are talking about now?

Something happened.. theories abound, but some, in absence of a definitive answer....assume its aliens

so zoser, why vitrify a fort? One of many - and none with any significance at all?

And as Abe mentioned, this thread is getting mind-numbingly boring and going round in circles.

Perhaps it should be moved over to a geology section, if this site has one?

One crucial difference, to go around the park once more, with the European hill forts, The stone that are melted are completely slagged. With the Peruvian stone, there's only a few micrometers worth of apparent alteration, and of that we only have a single specimen from one type of rock which by their own admission they couldn't even conclusively identify as vitrification. Much harder evidence against AA has been rejected out of hand on the same grounds of singularity, yet what do we hear? Vitrification, vitrification, vitrification, over and over like it's a foregone conclusion. That's not the way it works.

• Like 1

Here's another major refutation against the acid theory:

A better look at the precision hole in the block at Coricancha.

Vitrification inside the hole! Acid perhaps says you? No says I; acid would burn the copper tool and run all over the block!

This is burning by heat not chemical.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by zoser

Get ready....

"Oddly, the indigenous Easter Island rongorongo script may hold the answer. But first we have to consider the concept of the fourth state of matter--plasma. Plasma consists of electrically charged particles. Familiar plasma phenomena on Earth today include lightning and auroras, the northern and southern lights, and upper atmospheric phenomena known as sprites. In the past, much more powerful plasma events sometimes took place, due to solar outbursts and coronal mass ejections (CMEs) from the Sun, or possibly emissions from other celestial objects. Powerful plasma phenomena could cause strong electrical discharges to hit Earth, burning and incinerating materials on our planet's surface. Los Alamos plasma physicist Dr. Anthony L. Peratt and his associates have established that petroglyphs found worldwide record an intense plasma event (or events) in prehistory

Plasma hitting the surface of Earth could heat and fuse rock, incinerate flammable materials, melt ice caps, vaporize shallow bodies of water creating an extended deluge of rain, and send the climate into a warming spell. The release of pressure that follows the melting of thousands-of-meters-thick ice sheets can induce earthquakes and even cause hot rock under pressure to melt and erupt to the surface as volcanoes. The world was in chaos, and this is the event recorded by petroglyphs and the rongorongo texts.

The plasma event of 9700 B.C. eradicated advanced civilizations and high cultures of the time, and the radiation emanating from the plasma may have affected mental and psychical abilities. This could be the basis for the nearly universal myth of a Golden Age, a time when beings on Earth had mental abilities far surpassing those of later times. The 9700 B.C. event may be the original basis for the Atlantis legends; the timeframe fits well with Plato's account.

Plasma and electrical discharges hitting the surface of Earth may have been responsible for the vitrification (melting into crude glass) of ancient stone structures seen in some parts of the world, such as various hill forts in Scotland

authors bio, just to show he knows his stuff

"Dr. Robert M. Schoch, a full-time faculty member at the College of General Studies at Boston University since 1984, earned his Ph.D. (1983) in Geology and Geophysics at Yale University. He also holds an M.S. and M.Phil. in Geology and Geophysics from Yale, as well as degrees in Anthropology (B.A.) and Geology (B.S.) from George Washington University.

source of main text: http://www.robertschoch.com/plasma.html

Now doesnt this seem a plausible event?

Im not researching another thing, zoser could have found this, took me a minute with google, zoser however spends weeks with youtube and gets nowhere... trying to believe in aliens

Edited by seeder

They also don't practice vitrification today. And maybe it was never used, and what you think is the result of vitrification is not the result of vitrification at all.

Do we cut blocks with lazers today during construction work? There's your answer.

I said they don't use the chemical method anymore because, read my lips, it is a dangerous and very unhealthy method.

Chemicals could easily be achieved in building work with our technology but we don't do it. Why not? Answer: It would take litres to do one block and there isn't enough of it available. There certainly wasn't back then.

The theory fails Abe.

First he should have looked inside the skull.with some camera to see if the inside structure was still intact. Did he do that?

As you may now, inside the skull are not only the brains, but also the upper sinuses (ask those who suffer from sinusitis, they can tell you exactly were they are located). If the inside of the skull is damaged, the sinuses could have been included in the total volume.

Talking about the sinuses: does anyone know what the effect of skull binding is on the shape and volume of these sinuses?

And I forgot about the size of the ventricles.

Let's assume the skulls were indeed of aliens.

Let's also assume that the volume of the braincase (even without a breached separating wall between braincase and sinuses) is larger than that of an 'earthling'.

OK, so maybe their brain-mass was larger than hours. That would imply a larger amount of nourishment needed for the larger amount of brain tissue.

And that would mean for instance larger arteries, and larger brain ventricles.

From Wiki:

"The Cerebrospinal Fluid that is produced in the ventricular system has three main purposes: buoyancy, protection, and chemical stability.."

More brain mass, more protection needed. Ergo, the ventricles would be larger, and the remaining space for the brain mass would be smaller than based on total volume of the braincase.

Personally I don;t think there was any larger amount of brainmass ("grey matter"), just that the skulls were that much deformed that the ventricles also changed shape, and were enlarged in relation to the larger brain case.

I wouldn't be surprised if that also had effects on the mental functioning of these individuals, and I mean that it would have had negative effects.

Negative effects like epileptic seizures and so on. We must not forget that people suffering from epilepsy were most often considered 'holy' in ancient cultures.

i want zoser to be forbidden to post any more videos from those quacks.

there is nothing on them worth discussing.

i bet if that were to happen he would either be forced to use his own mind, thoughts, and mouth to argue his 'points' or he would fade away.

either is ok with me, and far more preferable to what's going on right now.

i do wonder where are all the other members here who believe that aliens did this? why are they not on this thread fighting the good fight with zoser?

my guess is that they don't agree with him either, which is very telling lol

Sounds a little fascist.

I can only assume that you don't like it because it certain little fallacies are being exposed.

I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong.

Do we cut blocks with lazers today during construction work? There's your answer.

Chemicals could easily be achieved in building work with our technology but we don't do it. Why not? Answer: It would take litres to do one block and there isn't enough of it available. There certainly wasn't back then.

The theory fails Abe.

How do you even know there was not enough of the chemicals (made/extracted from jungle plants) available back then?

And that we don't do it nowadays is because it is unsafe, unhealthy, dangerous. Maybe even time consuming.